• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People hating on a character like that only means a severe case of BIAS to me. Adam is pretty much in third place for importance in the Metroid series, and I highly doubt they'd skip him over like they would Slippy Toad or Chrom.
The hate isn't for him in Smash.

It's because he's an absolute sexist and asshole character.

People loathe Adam for good reasons.

Stop spouting rep nonsense. It means nothing on it's own.

StormC

Smash Hero
unless the leak is fake. and from the looks of it there are red flags according to neo zero and pushdustin have remarked on
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, I'd give it maybe a 30-40% chance at best. But getting hyped over nonsense is all apart of Smash speculation.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The hate isn't for him in Smash.

It's because he's an absolute sexist and ******* character.

People loathe Adam for good reasons.

Stop spouting rep nonsense. It means nothing on it's own.
The way he seemed in Fusion wasn't too bad, to be honest.

Now how he is in Other M is a wholly different story. They really developed his character the wrong way. :facepalm:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The way he seemed in Fusion wasn't too bad, to be honest.

Now how he is in Other M is a wholly different story. They really developed his character the wrong way. :facepalm:
People were thrilled to see Adam because of Fusion.

He's cool there.

But Other M....

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh please. Adam's a role model. He just takes some time getting used to.
Great bait mate.

I rate 0.

If you're serious, I'm... not sure why you think he's a role model?

What exactly is good about a man who literally shoots people he likes in the back.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ridley, Kraid, and Mother Brain are problematic and Dark Samus is arbitrary considered too similar to Samus!
Let's add the general military captain that's only known for being a sexist obstruction to the player in the worst Metroid game!

No. I don't have to be Metroid fan to known why there's a million things wrong with this assertion.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If you're serious, I'm... not sure why you think he's a role model?

What exactly is good about a man who literally shoots people he likes in the back.
Oh please. Adam wasn't the deleter. He was just killing a Metroid that was attacking Samus. Her suit going offline was unintentional.

Besides, why else would he sacrifice himself to destroy Sector Zero and the indestructible metroids within?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm sorry but nobody is taking you seriously, and I hope it's because you are trolling.
Adam will not be chosen as a character in Smash Bros. because "he's a pretty cool dude". Over so many more significant characters. If they're Assist Trophies? They won't choose Adam. They don't have a quota of Metroid characters to fill and Adam has absolutely nothing in his favor.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly Batman is more likely than Adam Malkovich. He would be 100 times better as a newcomer too.
Indeed. Batman is at least, a well-liked character.
Plus Adam West Batman would be excellent.
I can picture him getting stuck with a sticky bomb and saying "some days, you just can't rid of a bomb!"

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh please. Adam wasn't the deleter. He was just killing a Metroid that was attacking Samus. Her suit going offline was unintentional.

Besides, why else would he sacrifice himself to destroy Sector Zero and the indestructible metroids within?
Which is why he shot Samus?

And because even bad people understand that letting a scourge out like that in unnacceptable.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Samus would have followed him or gone on a suicide mission if he didn't do what he did.

Not defending the terrible plot/writing choices to begin with, just pointing out what was the "intention" with the scene.

At any rate, it's an unfortunate case that an otherwise fan favorite character got included for plot purposes. As the only supporting character not "introduced" in the game, plus being chosen to explain the "logic" behind authorization/gameplay mechanics being locked, Adam is subject to more blame than most other characters. If manga/Fusion Adam were the only ones that existed, he wouldn't be at basically meme-levels of hate.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
How has no-one mentioned Sylux?

It's a big "if", but that's a decent shot for any Metroid character, honestly.

at this point he still has only been in one spin-off plus a cameo and his popularity is low at best.

MAYBE if his role in Prime 4 is decent and he doesnt die he will have a chance for smash 4 but for now he only has a chance because he isnt an assist trophy lol.

still salty about the bandwagoning

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I tried to name my most wanted ten newcomers.

I could barely do that.

So many that would be neat, but so little I actively want.

I guess this means I'm at the point of just going for the ride.
Maybe it's just about getting older too. For Brawl, there was probably a good 15 characters I wanted but for this past game, I was more concerned about the veterans and had maybe three characters (Megaman, Little Mac, and Takamaru) that I genuinely wanted to see. Should I not die horrifically before the next game, I'll probably be the same way.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
at this point he still has only been in one spin-off plus a cameo and his popularity is low at best.

MAYBE if his role in Prime 4 is decent and he doesnt die he will have a chance for smash 4 but for now he only has a chance because he isnt an assist trophy lol.

still salty about the bandwagoning
I'm referring to Prime 4, yeah.

Recall my statement:

As for the bandwagoning? I really think that's a distasteful way of putting it. At best, a few people went ape claiming that Sylux was a shoo-in for about a couple of days, then it simmered down to the fans that actually still want him in and have wanted in in since many a day before Tanabe threw them a bone.

Hell, if Wonder Red was semi-confirmed for another game and people started flocking to the Wonder Red thread to support him, I'd be hype.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Hunters was one of my favourite DS games (though Sylux was not actually my favourite Hunter) and I'd love to see it become a bigger character. The problem is that so far it's only had one major appearance plus a cameo like Geno so support is fairly small. If Sylux makes it into a main series game I imagine it would be a fairly popular choice for the next game though.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just tired of the word bandwagoning. It's like people can't get behind a good character without being accused of doing it just because they can...
It's because often, it is just one.

Not always due to the character's fault.

Or even the fans.

But bandwagons do occur.

Sceptile is probably the best example we got with Geno close behind.

StormC

Smash Hero
Maybe it's just about getting older too. For Brawl, there was probably a good 15 characters I wanted but for this past game, I was more concerned about the veterans and had maybe three characters (Megaman, Little Mac, and Takamaru) that I genuinely wanted to see. Should I not die horrifically before the next game, I'll probably be the same way.
I would say that has more to do with a LOT of iconic characters awaiting entry into Smash pre-Brawl, and Brawl adding most of them (Sonic, Dedede, Meta Knight, Diddy, Wario, Olimar, etc.).

It's because often, it is just one.

Not always due to the character's fault.

Or even the fans.

But bandwagons do occur.

Sceptile is probably the best example we got with Geno close behind.
I once thought of Sceptile as the Geno of Smash 4 speculation. Maybe I wasn't too far off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom