• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
King K Rool
issac
krystal or wolf
banjoe & kazooie

this is all i really want. If we got all these, I'll consider smash 4 the greatest smash game ever lol But I really do hope king k rool makes it in! He is such a logical choice

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I was going to bring this up at first, then remembered that everyone wants him to stay "deconfirmed". The reactions towards that fake leak a few weeks ago is proof of how much the Smash fanbase seems to despise the idea of him being a DLC fighter.

(I wouldn't mind unless he receives some Roy-levels of buffs and retooling).
What fake leak, to be exact?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I tried to name my most wanted ten newcomers.

I could barely do that.

So many that would be neat, but so little I actively want.

I guess this means I'm at the point of just going for the ride.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Despite the large assortment of characters in my signature, I only really support the four.
My favorite three series not yet represented in Smash, and then my favorite character(s) from my favorite series already in Smash.

And since I'm confident we'll see Excitebike and Inkling down the line honestly, I'm really only pushing for Sami and Midna/Wolf Link.
One day, I say!

Speaking of Sami, she honestly kinda fills the same niche for me as Jill Valentine. If she were to actually be voiced by Michelle Ruff that would be really cool.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm largely in for the ride. I don't really feel it's worth it to be emotionally invested in a character getting in into a game.

That said, I'm still pushing for K. Rool, Isaac and Bandana Dee as I was a part of their support groups pre-release and I still like them and want to see them get in for the sake of their fans.

:231:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'll stop advocating for (Captain) Toad when I'm dead. Until that time I'm going to constantly show support for who I personally think is the biggest(not physically; put your Ridley memes down) Nintendo star not yet truly playable in the game.

Like Kenith; although I show sig support for others, he's really the only guy I'm actively voting for. If by some miracle he makes it, I'll begin showing more active support for the others in the future.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This is out of left field, but if Takamaru gets into Smash, I hope he gets an uber-badass redesign, with like, really long hair, shoulder pads and gauntlets, torn sleeves, hair covering one eye, stuff like that.

I just love the idea of retro characters getting completely reimagined. Shame it only really happened with Pit.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
This is out of left field, but if Takamaru gets into Smash, I hope he gets an uber-badass redesign, with like, really long hair, shoulder pads and gauntlets, torn sleeves, hair covering one eye, stuff like that.

I just love the idea of retro characters getting completely reimagined. Shame it only really happened with Pit.
What about a beard?

Calane

Smash Ace

I actually like the way he looks already, but I wouldn't be opposed to a really cool redesign either. I love what they did with Pit, he looks much cooler now than he did back then, so I wonder what Takamaru would look like if given the same treatment. (I swear, talking about this character brings me down every time). What you described kind of
reminded me of this picture.

Takamaru.PNG

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If I were to say the characters that I actively want to the full extent - my top three would be Inkling, Isaac and King K. Rool. Those would be the top three of my most wanted newcomers, if it had to come down to it. Those three are the characters I genuinely want to see in this game - and I'm happy to support all the other characters too, as long as I feel my support is genuine - which is why I asked to be taken off the list of supporters on the Balloon Fighter thread, since I didn't think I would be respecting Iwata that way by just suddenly supporting Balloon Fighter.

The reason why I support K. Rool is because I decided to support him after Ridley's role was revealed, and having spent time looking at what he could bring, I became a Kutthroat.
Isaac's in my top three since I've played Golden Sun and think he's got what it takes to be promoted to playable character like Little Mac.
Inklings also take place in my most wanted list as they could have one of the most unique weapon based attacks and part of a new future for Nintendo.

And yes, Takamaru for Smash 5.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What about a beard?
Nah, he wouldn't look good with a beard, methinks.
I actually like the way he looks already, but I wouldn't be opposed to a really cool redesign either. I love what they did with Pit, he looks much cooler now than he did back then, so I wonder what Takamaru would look like if given the same treatment. (I swear, talking about this character brings me down every time). What you described kind of
reminded me of this picture.
View attachment 62156
Well, to me, he looks a bit too plain, I feel like they really create an eye-catching, epic design for Takamaru if they tried.
I wish I had a scanner...I could draw him like this easily...

Calane

Smash Ace
Nah, he wouldn't look good with a beard, methinks.

Well, to me, he looks a bit too plain, I feel like they really create an eye-catching, epic design for Takamaru if they tried.
I wish I had a scanner...I could draw him like this easily...
Sometimes simple is the right way to go. He may look a little plain, but I sort of find it charming. He has that classic, old anime show feeling in his original art picture, and I just really like it. I would like to see your design of him though. Either way, I just want him in the next Smash if it ever happens.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Personally I think Nintendo's simpler designs are best; Mario, Link, Pikachu...all very simple designs but they work incredibly well.

My problem with Takamaru's look isn't that it's too simple...it's simply he looks incredibly dated still. Whether it's due to the muted colours, the abundance of white making him look rather washed out or that there's not enough definition in his outfit to make him look this way I'm not entirely sure, but as a result his design doesn't really click with me.

I like Takamaru's outfit, but I honestly think there needs to be a few more vibrant colours in there and maybe a little less white for contrast and definition.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Personally I think Nintendo's simpler designs are best; Mario, Link, Pikachu...all very simple designs but they work incredibly well.
My problem with Takamaru's look isn't that it's too simple...it's simply he looks incredibly dated still. Whether it's due to the muted colours, the abundance of white making him look rather washed out or that there's not enough definition in his outfit to make him look this way I'm not entirely sure, but as a result his design doesn't really click with me.
I like Takamaru's outfit, but I honestly think there needs to be a few more vibrant colours in there and maybe a little less white for contrast and definition.
Yeah that's a much better way of putting it.
Most of suggested additions to his design would make him more vibrant, what with the shiny armor.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wonder Red is the only character I've voted for. He's my most wanted character after Palutena (good times~).

I support Tiki, Anna, K. Rool and Ridley, as they're all characters I'm fond of personally and that I think would be fun in Smash, though I can only see one of them realistically making the cut. And I'm okay with that - supporting is half the fun as far as I'm concerned~

I support veterans, even if only in theory, since they have their fans and they were fun in previous games. Wolf and Pichu are the vets I'd most like to return.

Then there are other characters I support because I think they're interesting, even though I don't have much experience with them. See: Isaac, Bandana Dee, Lip, Gardevoir (you know who you are, nameless Gardevoir supporter).

In theory, I support everyone; or at least, I won't detract from anyone. Every character has their fans, every character has value (and yes, I include Dark Pit and Doc in that statement). Whatever makes people happy. Having a damn good time is the other half of the fun, ne~?

Honestly all of my most wanted characters (except one BIG exception and Viridi) got into the base game.
:4bowserjr::4littlemac::4lucina::4palutena::4pacman::4robinm::4shulk: and a few characters I didnt know I wanted :4duckhunt::4darkpit::rosalina:
we then got another 2 awesome characters from DLC:4feroy::4ryu:. so now there isnt much left

Now all I want is Wonder Red and 2 characters I know aren't happening for various reasons (and I dont see Red happening either). Im more than content with the roster and essentially im just here for the ride as well. :)

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool is my most wanted Smash character ever and the only character I left I really want. I want Snake and Wolf to return, too, but to a much lesser degree than K. Rool. Any other wants are more incidental overall.

After Brawl was released,
and :4megaman: were my two most wanted by far. The fact that I almost have both of them in the game makes me incredibly giddy, especially when Tropical Freeze's reveal at E3 made K. Rool's chances plummet in my mind.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Pit looks the same as he always did. Just less chibi.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Pleasantly surprised to see Snake at the top of that list. Actually, that top ten's pretty good in general - I'd have no problem if any of them made it in. (though given that Banjo and Kazooie are owned by Nintendo's direct competition, it doesn't seem likely, but I'd love to be proven wrong on that point)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The document cites opinion polls on Smashboards, Sourcegaming and other community sites as the source of its data.
The method is a little odd, I think. Whoever made it took 66.67% from the NA/Europe-based polls and 33.33% from Japanese polls, based on sales of Smash in each region.

It has a few flaws, one, that it assumes that everyone who bought Smash is going to vote on the poll, and two, given that Japapnese opinion polls are far fewer in number, extrapolating them like a NA/EU one can inflate or deflate some scores, and three, it (probably) doesn't account for the overlap between 3DS and Wii U owners.

That said, nothing seems particularly out of place, so it probably isn't too inaccurate either.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The method is a little odd, I think. Whoever made it took 66.67% from the NA/Europe-based polls and 33.33% from Japanese polls, based on sales of Smash in each region.

It has a few flaws, one, that it assumes that everyone who bought Smash is going to vote on the poll, and two, given that Japapnese opinion polls are far fewer in number, extrapolating them like a NA/EU one can inflate or deflate some scores, and three, it (probably) doesn't account for the overlap between 3DS and Wii U owners.

That said, nothing seems particularly out of place, so it probably isn't too inaccurate either.

I think the title of the thread says it all:

"Pretty [Accurate] Smash Ballot Data".

"Pretty" being the operate word here.

I doubt it's totally on the mark, though I'd be willing to concede that there are elements of verifiable data in there if you're willing to dig the good bits out.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Snake, Rool, and Ridley lets go! Also oh my god, Bayo? This is too hype.So it must be fake... still, my hype ain't gonna burn out yet.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Did I miss the characters I actively want discussion, dang it. I'll post anyway.

The characters I only really want/voted for were King K. Rool, Isaac, Ridley, Samurai Goroh, and Star Man from Pro Wrestling. The rest are just characters who I think should be in Smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think the title of the thread says it all:

"Pretty [Accurate] Smash Ballot Data".

"Pretty" being the operate word here.

I doubt it's totally on the mark, though I'd be willing to concede that there are elements of verifiable data in there if you're willing to dig the good bits out.
I admit that the 'pretty accurate' was a bit of a red flag for me, as the thread was posted without a proper explanation. Haha :p

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I totally meant *operative, heh~

EVO hype is making me wonder how well characters like K. Rool and Isaac would fare in a competitive context.

I imagine their zoning options would cause massive rage.

Watching a top player represent K. Rool or Isaac at nationals would be...

Ooh, chills~ ^w^

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

EVO hype is making me wonder how well characters like K. Rool and Isaac would fare in a competitive context.

Ooh, chills~ ^w^
AND RIGHT IN THE KLOUD HE FALLS BUT OOOH HIS DIJIN SAVES HIM FROM THE GIRTH.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Ooh, chills~ ^w^
BIZZARO CAN'T CATCH UP TO *insert name here* AS MOVE'S KEEPING HIM AWAY! WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE? WHY IS IT WORKING?!?
K.ROOL JUST HIT ROY'S CANNONBALL WITH ANOTHER CANNONBALL AND KILLED ROY! THAT'S THE MOST DISRESPECTFULL THING I'VE SEEN IN THIS GAME SO FAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom