• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The word Sakurai uses is difficult to translate by the translators own admission. All you can really say is "more than one". Your assertions aren't safe at all; I'll eat a hat if we get 5 more characters by December when I don't expect that many full stop.
Are you really doubting Sakurai's abillity to deliver with DLC? This is the same guy that released 3 characters in one day. It's not a stretch to say that considering Lucas was nearly completed when he was shown off in the start of April and wasn't released until mid June showing that characters like Wolf and Snake could be in the same position and that Sakurai is looking to release Wolf when Star Fox Zero comes out. It's also not a stretch to say that we could also get 3 ballot characters and possibly have 1 of those 3 in development before the ballot ends (i.e. K. Rool because of his popularity).

You better find a hat within the next 6 months because you're going to end up having to eat it when we get that many DLC characters. :smirk:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Are you really doubting Sakurai's abillity to deliver with DLC? This is the same guy that released 3 characters in one day. It's not a stretch to say that considering Lucas was nearly completed when he was shown off in the start of April and wasn't released until mid June showing that characters like Wolf and Snake could be in the same position and that Sakurai is looking to release Wolf when Star Fox Zero comes out. It's also not a stretch to say that we could also get 3 ballot characters and possibly have 1 of those 3 in development before the ballot ends (i.e. K. Rool because of his popularity).

You better find a hat within the next 6 months because you're going to end up having to eat it when we get that many DLC characters. :smirk:
It's nothing to do with "doubting Sakurai". I am in fact taking him at his word based on the translations. Pre-ballot DLC is, based on the indications we have been given by the man himself, done. I don't think we will get 5 characters from the ballot; my personal money is on two more. I'd predict we see one of them in August with a "Look! Ballot character! Don't forget, it ends October so there's still time to see your character" or something similar, then seeing the final one in October (for perhaps a December release).

I would be extremely happy to be wrong - my predictions are the minimum based on his wordings as we know we've got more than one character remaining. But I will not commit to higher than 2 more characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Stealing @Final Smash Gamer's outline:

My main
:4diddy:

My second mains
:4dk::4myfriends::4ness::4mewtwo::4tlink:

My third mains
:4fox::4falcon::4charizard::4link::4yoshi::4samus:

The occasional ones
:4ganondorf::4sheik::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4marth::4feroy::4robinm:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4wario2::4duckhunt::4littlemac:
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4olimar::4falco::4greninja::4rob:

The seven deadly "never-gonna-main-them-any-time-soon" ones
:4wiifit::4palutena::4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4zss::4zelda::4shulk::4lucario:
:4ryu::4sonic::4pacman::4megaman:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's nothing to do with "doubting Sakurai". I am in fact taking him at his word based on the translations. Pre-ballot DLC is, based on the indications we have been given by the man himself, done. I don't think we will get 5 characters from the ballot; my personal money is on two more. I'd predict we see one of them in August with a "Look! Ballot character! Don't forget, it ends October so there's still time to see your character" or something similar, then seeing the final one in October (for perhaps a December release).

I would be extremely happy to be wrong - my predictions are the minimum based on his wordings as we know we've got more than one character remaining. But I will not commit to higher than 2 more characters.
Again, there was never anything that deconfirmed any more pre-ballot characters. All that he said was that characters from here on out would be fan service which could still very well apply to characters like Wolf and Snake who don't necessarily have to get in via the ballot to get in the game (that even applies to Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas who were already released). You can argue "but there's no indication that those 2 characters are in development" and my response to that is that Sakurai never said anything about Roy and didn't say anything to fans like "don't vote for him in the ballot because he'll get in without it" because he wants to leave things as a suprise for fans.

There's still a long time between now and December so the possibility of getting 5 characters isn't as unlikely as you may think based on the 2 things I mentioned before (Lucas being closed to completion 2 and a half months before his release showing that characters could still be in development beforehand and that Sakurai was able to release 3 characters at once).

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
2-5 is the way i see.I 100% expect something rhythm heaven related there so many things pointing towardsit that i'm surprised we haven't seen it.I don't expect wolf if he was coming he would have already been in by now.But just to please the masses i say rhythem heaven rep and wolf are the last two pre-ballot characters.With a strong change of 1-3 characters from the ballot(K rool,Bdee,and probably a 3rd party)

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I made a table regarding several third parties and their likelihood of getting into Smash. It's from the Rayman thread.
I was wondering if you guys wanted to fill it out. I may be missing a few characters, so add them in if you want to rate them. 0 to 5 is from unlikely to likely. If you want to rate, just quote this post.
Thanks!
Sega
2nd Sonic Rep:
Bayonetta:
Capcom
Resident Evil Rep:
2nd Mega Man Rep:
2nd Street Fighter Rep:
Monster Hunter Rep:
Namco
2nd Pac-Man Rep:
Soul Calibar Rep:
Lloyd Irving:
Konami
Snake:
Simon Belmont:
Bomberman:
Ubisoft
Rayman:
Square Enix
Final Fantasy Rep:
Sora:
Geno:
Agnes(Bravely Default):
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie:
Indie
Shantae:
Shovel Knight:
Commander Video:
Quote (Cave Story):

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Again, there was never anything that deconfirmed any more pre-ballot characters. All that he said was that characters from here on out would be fan service which could still very well apply to characters like Wolf and Snake who don't necessarily have to get in via the ballot to get in the game (that even applies to Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas who were already released). You can argue "but there's no indication that those 2 characters are in development" and my response to that is that Sakurai never said anything about Roy and didn't say anything to fans like "don't vote for him in the ballot because he'll get in without it" because he wants to leave things as a suprise for fans.

There's still a long time between now and December so the possibility of getting 5 characters isn't as unlikely as you may think based on the 2 things I mentioned before (Lucas being closed to completion 2 and a half months before his release showing that characters could still be in development beforehand and that Sakurai was able to release 3 characters at once).
There was the article translated by Source Gaming, which the translator has gone on record stating they believe marks the end of preballot, and I am inclined to agree with them. I could try to argue against their translation for a bit more optimism, or try argue the vagueness of a certain piece of wording, but ultimately I'd rather just prepare for the minimum (that makes the most sense to me anyway) and be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong.

Also, why not; may as well do the character thing:

My main (>1000 matches)
:4rob:

My second mains (>100 matches)
:4ryu::4jigglypuff::4bowser::4falcon::4samus:

My third mains (>10 matches)
:rosalina::4dk::4zss::4ganondorf::4pacman::4charizard::4mewtwo:

My mains
:4bowser::4yoshi:
My secondaries
:4bowserjr::4charizard::4myfriends:
Sometimes/Almost never play
The rest
Never play
:4littlemac::4lucas::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4ness:
EDIT: Why does it look so screwed up? It looks normal when I'm editing it.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
oh boy two games at once...

My main(s)
:4link::4zss:

My second mains
:4feroy::4greninja::4yoshi::4ganondorf:

My third mains
:4samus::4mewtwo::4myfriends::4zelda::4sheik::4pikachu::4kirby:

The occasional ones
:4pacman::4lucina::4marth::4dk::4ness::4robinm::4ryu::4palutena::4fox::4falcon::rosalina:
:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4diddy::4wario2::4charizard::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4lucario::4bowserjr::4gaw::4villager:
:4metaknight::4dedede::4olimar::4falco::4rob::4megaman::4sonic::4shulk::4jigglypuff::4pit::4lucas::4mii:

The seven five deadly "never-gonna-main-them-any-time-soon" ones
:4tlink::4drmario::4darkpit::4peach::4wiifit:

just quote this post.
ok...
Sega

2nd Sonic Rep:3 (Tails has a shot methinks, the Sonic franchise is the only returning third party franchise and is a pretty big franchise itself, with Tails being an icon in his own right)
Bayonetta:1
Capcom
Resident Evil Rep:0 (Don't see any horror games getting represented in Smash, plus Capcom is more than likely done)
2nd Mega Man Rep:0
2nd Street Fighter Rep:0
Monster Hunter Rep:0
Namco
2nd Pac-Man Rep:1 (only Mrs. Pac-Man who'd probably work better as an alt.)
Soul Calibar Rep:2 (Yoshimistu to rep Tekken as well)
Lloyd Irving:1
Konami
Snake:3 (I'm being generous to the vet, who's company is crumbling)
Simon Belmont:1
Bomberman:2 (if Snake makes it back Bomberman may follow)
Ubisoft
Rayman:2 (Trophy in game but third party issues may keep him out)
Square Enix
Final Fantasy Rep:1 (Square Enix is unlikely going to give us anyone, but if they do they prefer Final Fantasy)
Sora:0 (owned by Disney, not Square)
Geno:0
Agnes(Bravely Default):0
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie:1 (Nintendo icon owned by Microsoft, easily one of the most requested third parties though)
Indie
Shantae:1 (Indies are a long shot to begin with Shantae and Quote are Indie 'icons' and commander video's already represented in game, though I don't think the indies will get any more than that)
Shovel Knight:0 (popular but still a baby compared to the others)
Commander Video:1
Quote (Cave Story):1

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I made a table regarding several third parties and their likelihood of getting into Smash. It's from the Rayman thread.
I was wondering if you guys wanted to fill it out. I may be missing a few characters, so add them in if you want to rate them. 0 to 5 is from unlikely to likely. If you want to rate, just quote this post.
Thanks!
Sega
2nd Sonic Rep:
Bayonetta: 2
Capcom
Resident Evil Rep: 1
2nd Mega Man Rep:
2nd Street Fighter Rep:

Monster Hunter Rep: 2
Namco
2nd Pac-Man Rep:
Soul Calibar Rep: 2
Lloyd Irving: 3
Konami
Snake: 4
Simon Belmont:3
Bomberman:2
Ubisoft
Rayman: 5
Square Enix
Final Fantasy Rep: 3
Sora: 1
Geno00000
Agnes(Bravely Default): 3
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie: 0.001005
Indie
Shantae: 4
Shovel Knight: 2
Commander Video: 2
Quote (Cave Story): 1

Your welcome. Second 3rd party reps from same franchise that is already in SHOULD NOT happen imho x 100.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Thanks!
Sega
2nd Sonic Rep:
Bayonetta:
Capcom
Resident Evil Rep:
2nd Mega Man Rep:
2nd Street Fighter Rep:
Monster Hunter Rep:
Namco
2nd Pac-Man Rep:
Soul Calibar Rep:
Lloyd Irving:
Konami
Snake:
Simon Belmont:
Bomberman:
Ubisoft
Rayman:
Square Enix
Final Fantasy Rep:
Sora:
Geno:
Agnes(Bravely Default):
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie:
Indie
Shantae:
Shovel Knight:
Commander Video:
Quote (Cave Story):
1) Sega owns Atlus. SMT (as Persona is a part of it, if nothing else) is bigger than Bayonetta by a wide margin. Jack Frost, Man.
2) PHOENIX WRIGHT, ONLY BEEN ON NINTENDO AND MOBILE. Arthur from Ghost and Goblins is another significant Capcom character to note.
3) Agumon for Namco, specifically Bandai. I'd toss that he's at least more noticable than Lloyd Irving.
4) Square Enix owns Dragon Quest, significant enough due to having a cross over with Mario on the Wii if nothing else.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
1) Sega owns Atlus. SMT (as Persona is a part of it, if nothing else) is bigger than Bayonetta by a wide margin. Jack Frost, Man.
2) PHOENIX WRIGHT, ONLY BEEN ON NINTENDO AND MOBILE. Arthur from Ghost and Goblins is another significant Capcom character to note.
3) Agumon for Namco, specifically Bandai. I'd toss that he's at least more noticable than Lloyd Irving.
4) Square Enix owns Dragon Quest, significant enough due to having a cross over with Mario on the Wii if nothing else.
Like I said, if you're wanting to rate these characters, just quote my post, add them in, and rate.

If you want to rate, just quote this post.
Sega
2nd Sonic Rep: 1
Bayonetta: 0
Jack Frost: 0
Capcom
Resident Evil Rep: 0
2nd Mega Man Rep: 0
2nd Street Fighter Rep: 0
Monster Hunter Rep: 0
Phoenix Wright: 0
Namco
2nd Pac-Man Rep: 0
Soul Calibar Rep: 0
Lloyd Irving: 1
Agumon: 1
Konami
Snake: 2
Simon Belmont: 1
Bomberman: 1
Ubisoft
Rayman: 3
Square Enix
Final Fantasy Rep: 1
Dragon Quest Rep: 1
Sora: 0
Geno: 0
Agnes(Bravely Default): 0
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie: 0
Indie
Shantae: 3
Shovel Knight: 1
Commander Video: 0
Quote (Cave Story): 0
Level-5
Professor Layton:

Additions in italics. Ones that got zero are either not popular enough, have too much against them or the company already has two reps.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Agent Maines
Main Chart

Main
:4shulk:
Secondary Mains
:4lucina::4robinm::4ryu::4myfriends:
Tertiary Mains
:4falcon::4lucario::4marth::4sonic::4zss::4greninja::4wiifit:
Occasional
:4mewtwo::4metaknight::4megaman::4lucas::4link::4palutena::4darkpit::4fox::4falco::4ganondorf::4dk::4dedede::4bowser::4roy::4diddy::4mario:
:4luigi::4sheik::4samus::4rob::4pit::4pikachu::4ness::4tlink::4wario2::4yoshi::4kirby::4gaw::4pacman::rosalina::4peach:
Never will touch
:4charizard::4drmario::4duckhunt::4mii::4littlemac::4jigglypuff::4feroy::4olimar::4villager:
Third party stuff
Sega
2nd Sonic Rep: 0 (Eggman)
Bayonetta: 1
Atlus rep: 2 (Jack Frost)​
Capcom
2nd Mega Man Rep: 0 (Zero or Bass)
2nd Street Fighter Rep: 0 (M. Bison or Zangief alongside Guile's Theme)
Phoenix Wright: 2
Amaterasu: 1
Viewtiful Joe: 2
Arthur: 2​
Namco
2nd Pac-Man Rep: 0 (Spooky)
Soul Calibar Rep: 1 (Nightmare)
Digimon: 2 (Agumon)​
Konami
Snake: 3
Simon Belmont: 2
Bomberman: 2​
Ubisoft
Rayman: 1​
Square Enix
Final Fantasy Rep: 2 (Black Mage)
Dragon Quest rep: 2 (Slime)
Agnes(Bravely Default): 2 (Would prefer Ringabel though he could be an alt like the other party members)​
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie: 0​
Indie
Shantae: 2
Shovel Knight: 1
Commander Video: 1
Quote (Cave Story): 1
Yooka Laylee: 0​

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Sorry, my bad ^^;
Oh you're fine.
Speaking of which, I haven't even submitted my ratings for third parties, so here goes:
Sega
2nd Sonic Rep: 3
Bayonetta: 1
Capcom
Monster Hunter Rep: 1
Namco
Soul Calibar Rep: 1
Lloyd Irving: 0
Konami
Snake: 4
Bomberman: 2
Ubisoft
Rayman: 4
Square Enix
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie: 0
Indie
Shantae: 2
Shovel Knight: 0
In my eyes, Rayman and Snake are the two third parties that have the best chance of appearing in Smash.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
A mains chart? It's kind of in order of how much I play them, the top row is completely accurate for both versions at least.
[collapse=]
RIP Snake, the only character that ever usurped Ness as my most used. Please come back.
First row is my top four mains plus my three side mines. Ness and Shulk have a massive lead in playcount over anyone else.
Second row is secondaries, which is basically just the Kirby and Zelda franchises (minus Tink) plus the other retro characters.
~
Fourth row is a grab bag of various characters I enjoy playing more than the rest on the list.
Fifth is the Mario and Sonic (featuring Mega Man) at the Olympic Dr. Games Row. Mostly in order from left to right.
Sixth is SMT Pokemon x Fire Emblem. I rarely ever use the Pokemon, but they're in order from favorite to least.
Last row is just characters I barely use, mostly being clones of other characters I would just pick every time over them.
Miss Fit.
[/collapse]

:4ness::4shulk::4olimar::4gaw::4pacman::4kirby::4link:
:4metaknight::4dedede::4ganondorf::4zelda::4sheik::4duckhunt::4rob:
:4samus::4zss::4villagerf::4palutena::4robinf::rosalina::4peach::4wendy:
:4pit::4diddy::4dk::4feroy::4falcon::4littlemac::4ryu::4fox:
:4megaman::4yoshi::4luigi::4mario::4drmario::4bowser::4wario2::4sonic:
:4marth::4myfriends::4mewtwo::4charizard::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja:
:4lucas::4darkpit::4lucina::4falco::4tlink::4miigun::4miisword::4miibrawl:
:4wiifit:
As far as third parties go, I've got my fingers crossed for either Rayman to join, or Snake to come back. Preferably both.
Banjo is the one character that I've always wanted over anyone else and would instantly main, but that's just a pipe dream.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My mains:
Mains
:4littlemac::4robinm::4wiifit:
Secondary
:4ryu::4sonic::4zss::4myfriends:
Tertiary
:4falcon::4falco::4shulk:
For Fun
:4samus::4megaman::4lucina::4wario::4drmario::4mewtwo::4ganondorf:
Occasional
:4pacman::4lucas::4greninja::4kirby::4mario::4zelda::4feroy:

As for third party characters, only ones that matter to me are :snake: and Simon Belmont

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Mains
:4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4wario2::4bowserjr:
Secondaries
:4ness::4gaw::4alph::4shulk:
Occasional
:4pikachu::4kirby::4dk::4bowser::4mewtwo::4dedede::4lucas::4tlink::4sonic::4robinf:
For Fun
:4mario::4luigi::4falcon::4yoshi::4feroy::4pit::4rob::4myfriends::4littlemac::rosalina::4megaman::4palutena::4miibrawl::4ryu:
Never
:4link::4fox::4samus::4drmario::4falco::4marth::4peach::4zelda::4sheik::4charizard::4diddy::4lucario::4metaknight::4wiifit::4villagerf::4greninja::4miisword::4miigun::4pacman::4darkpit::4duckhunt:

False, Ace Attorney games have been released on PC then there's this:
Didn't know they got ported to PC. My bad. Still a big series that many people think of Nintendo-first and certainly is around icon status for OBJECTION! alone.
And I meant his game series... not being playable in MvC3.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Is it wrong to think that we could be getting a third party newcomer from the Ballot?
Personally, I don't want to see only Snake come from the Ballot because let's face it. He's a veteran.
I don't want to end up disappointing myself by expecting two more third parties, but it doesn't make sense to have just Snake come out of the Ballot.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually Ace Attorney has been released on PC and iOS in Japan.

:231:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Is it wrong to think that we could be getting a third party newcomer from the Ballot?
Personally, I don't want to see just Snake come from the Ballot because let's face it. He's a veteran.
I don't want to end up disappointing myself by expecting two more third parties, but it doesn't make sense to have just Snake come out of the Ballot.
I personally don't see it happening. Just because of the legal matters and time that it would take before the team could start working on them if nothing else.
I've kinda been in the mentality that if Sakurai actually chose an indie for some reason despite the whole "gaming icon," matter they'd maybe be possible just because of how much they'd bend over backwards to make it possible.

Last edited:
Mains
:4feroy::4ryu::4fox:
more often than most
:4shulk:(most played but I gave up on him from too much playtime):4myfriends::4falco:(picking him up now)
rarely
:4pit::4littlemac::4metaknight::4ganondorf:
with customs on
:4palutena: (why is her base moveset so much worse than customs :()
everyone else

Burruni

Smash Hero
Mains
:4feroy::4ryu::4fox:
more often than most
:4shulk:(most played but I gave up on him from too much playtime):4myfriends::4falco:(picking him up now)
rarely
:4pit::4littlemac::4metaknight::4ganondorf:
with customs on
:4palutena: (why is her base moveset so much worse than customs :()
everyone else
I try to pick up a main and secondary from each game.
I thought Palutena was going to be one of my big duo for this game.
Then her specials outside of her up B were arguably the worst out of the 3 options... 3 times.
And god if she didn't have some average airgame (I play Jiggs, Ness, Wario, and Shulk for god's sake).

I try to pick up a main and secondary from each game.
I thought Palutena was going to be one of my big duo for this game.
Then her specials outside of her up B were arguably the worst out of the 3 options... 3 times.
And god if she didn't have some average airgame (I play Jiggs, Ness, Wario, and Shulk for god's sake).
If palutena had her custom moveset as her base (lightweight and super speed alone) she would be so good and probably not as hated as she is.

Seriously lightweight and superspeed are improve her game so much. She can actually DO things . . . Probably my favorite movest but for glory doesnt have customs. So she is terrible. Why does she need a reflector AND a counter :facepalm:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Sega
Bayonetta: 3
Capcom
2nd Street Fighter Rep: 1
Namco
Soulcalibur Rep: 2
Lloyd Irving: 0
Konami
Snake: 5
Simon Belmont: 3
Bomberman: 3
Ubisoft
Rayman: 5
Square Enix
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie: -1
Indie
Shantae: 3

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
There are not many 3rd party characters i can imagine in Smash.
They are:
Rayman
Bomberman
Snake
Banjo
and Simon Belmont

I can't see anyone else ever coming to Smash but i may be wrong.
Oh and I also would like to see everyone listed above

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
There are not many 3rd party characters i can imagine in Smash.
They are:
Rayman
Bomberman
Snake
Banjo
and Simon Belmont

I can't see anyone else ever coming to Smash but i may be wrong.
Oh and I also would like to see everyone listed above
HOW?!!!!

Don't answer, I won't understand anyway.

Calane

Smash Ace
Mains
:4kirby::4pit::4feroy:

Secondary
:4ness::4megaman::4shulk:

Occasional
:4lucina::4metaknight::4lucario:

Never
:4pacman:
(I want to be good with him, but I just can't do it!)

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Mains
:4rob::4mewtwo::4falcon::4miigun:
Secondary
:4feroy::4pacman::4mario:
Other
:4ganondorf: I just use him to defeat people easily who doesn't know how to play smash perfectly
Never
:4tlink::4drmario::rosalina:
woah! too many 0 for Geno, he is not really impossible

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
So is there anyone you guys support that you'd drop your mains for?
For me its just W/L & Midna and Ghirahim.
I would shove Palutena into hell for Ridley

Mains
:4jigglypuff::4zelda::4palutena:
Secondaries
:4shulk::4wiifit::4lucina:

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Thanks!
This seems interesting, even though I'm not expecting any third-party DLC character after Ryu (besides maybe Snake, but I have no clue about his chances tbh). Here's my chart:

0: can't see that happening, downright negligible chance
1: very distant contender, semi-negligible chance
2: extremely unlikely, but not exactly negligible
3: very unlikely, but can't be neglected
4: unlikely, but in a much better position than most third-parties
5: respectably likely and on par with many first-party contenders

As I don't think any more third-party character DLC are coming nobody will be given more than a 3 ahah.

Sega
Bayonetta: 2
Capcom
Resident Evil Rep: 0
Namco
Soul Caliber Rep: 0
Konami
Snake: I have no clue
Bomberman: 2, or maybe 3
Ubisoft
Rayman: 3
Square Enix
Final Fantasy Rep: 2
Geno: 1
Slime: 2
Crono: 2
Agnes (Bravely Default): 0
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie: 2 (borderline 1)
Conker: absolute flat zero :p
Indie
Shantae: 1
Quote (Cave Story): 2
Level-5
Professor Layton: 3
Jibanyan: 3
The Tetris Company
Tetris block: 1

Abstaining from doing a "main" chart. There obviously are some characters I prefer using over others, but overall I kinda use everyone.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Speaking of Sonic, let's assume Nintendo owned the series.

How many Smash characters and which ones?

Besides Sonic:

1.) Tails/Shadow
2.) Shadow/Tails
3.) Knuckles
4.) Dr. Eggman
5.) Amy OR Silver.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Speaking of Sonic, let's assume Nintendo owned the series.

How many Smash characters and which ones?

Besides Sonic:

1.) Tails/Shadow
2.) Shadow/Tails
3.) Knuckles
4.) Dr. Eggman
5.) Amy OR Silver.
I'd reverse Eggman with Shadow given that Eggman was in the original title and has been a main antagonist throughout the series whilst Shadow is the edgy anti-hero that was introduced 14 years ago.

The Sonic series would probably sit around 4 reps overall if Nintendo owned them at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom