• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Can you really call it a rival system when a character has numerous rivals?
At least limit it to a single player mode before the Final Boss.

But that won't happen because of PSASBR doing it before Smash Bros. At least not with Sakurai in charge.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Can you really call it a rival system when a character has numerous rivals?
At least limit it to a single player mode before the Final Boss.

But that won't happen because of PSASBR doing it before Smash Bros. At least not with Sakurai in charge.
I don't see why not:

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I mean, think about it. There's event matches for that kind of stuff.
That's really doesn't apply but okay.

quote="Nat Perry, post: 19500021, member: 255739"]That's really long...

Honestly a rival system isn't really necessary. It's not like it'd add anything special to the game. Maybe throw a rival stage into Classic mode.[/quote]Those were just possible relationship, not all of them need to be included.

Its special because it something cool to look at. Tts fan-service type of deal. I thought that was clear...

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Totally applies. There's some event matches that are like "Rival Matches." Example, the very first one, Trouble King, Mario vs Bowser. Classic. There's one with Captain Falcon and Falco. Wolf vs. Fox. The list goes on

Nat Perry

Smash Ace

Honestly a rival system isn't really necessary. It's not like it'd add anything special to the game. Maybe throw a rival stage into Classic mode.
Those were just possible relationship, not all of them need to be included.

Its special because it something cool to look at. Tts fan-service type of deal. I thought that was clear...[/quote]

Maybe I'm just being stupid. So like if you choose Mario vs. Bowser or Link vs. Ganondorf etc. you'd want there to be some special intro.

Sorry for my misunderstanding

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Totally applies. There's some event matches that are like "Rival Matches." Example, the very first one, Trouble King, Mario vs Bowser. Classic. There's one with Captain Falcon and Falco. Wolf vs. Fox. The list goes on
That's nothing like what I'm talking about. There's no interaction between the characters or anything like that, so no it doesn't apply.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
2 characters, 1 for each gender in only one game each
Well they're trying at least
Well they're kinda being realistic about it. In reality there are less bisexuals than heterosexuals so quantitatively it makes sense in that regard.

For the next Fire Emblem they should have a transforming character that reproduces asexually. Can you say infinite ally units?

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Well they're kinda being realistic about it. In reality there are less bisexuals than heterosexuals so quantitatively it makes sense in that regard.

For the next Fire Emblem they should have a transforming character that reproduces asexually. Can you say infinite ally units?
I'd really put it at around 4 each to be the minimum myself, I'd like a bit of choice is all

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
This is getting into some SJW territory but does every single game that has a marriage system need to have a gay marriage option?

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
This is getting into so SJW territory but does every single game that has a marriage system need to have a gay marriage option?
Not if you''re playing as an alien race where everyone is one gender

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
This is getting into so SJW territory but does every single game that has a marriage system need to have a gay marriage option?
Of course not. It's all up to the creator.

Personally I think this FE business is all a result of Tomodachi Life politics, which shouldn't have happened in the first place.

The option isn't even worthy of an announcement Ninty gave. That's one marriage option of out many others, and sans the benefit of child units.

If you want to make a game with all straight characters, go for it. It's your game. All gay characters? Go for it. Both? Go for it. Other sexualities? Go for it. It's your game, but don't let people push their agendas on you. In the case of Tomodachi Life, they weren't doing anything wrong having only heterosexual marriages in the game. It just wasn't in their vision for the game.

Anyways...

What do y'all think of Marth :4marth: keeping his 8 alt costumes, but getting alt characters like Bowser Jr. in the form of other FE Lords, i.e. Sigurd, Leif, Eirika, etc.?

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
No, it doesn't, but it's more realistic and integrative that way.

There's no agenda here, just Nintendo trying to appeal to new people and go with the flow of social change.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
No, it doesn't, but it's more realistic and integrative that way.

There's no agenda here, just Nintendo trying to appeal to new people and go with the flow of social change.
Reality check: There are many agendas. And given that Ninty had an entire announcement with half of it talking about one marriage option per game, yeah it seems like a response to an agenda.

But regardless of what I merely think about the matter, I don't have much a problem with it being in the game. As you said it's realistically and reasonably implemented. I just don't get good feels from how they went about it.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Reality check: There are many agendas. And given that Ninty had an entire announcement with half of it talking about one marriage option per game, yeah it seems like a response to an agenda.

But regardless of what I merely think about the matter, I don't have much a problem with it being in the game. As you said it's realistically and reasonably implemented. I just don't get good feels from how they went about it.
There are many agendas, and Nintendo did make a case of it being new and exciting, though there's also the distinct possibility that people are reading way too much into this.

It's kind of a big deal, though it really shouldn't be. In a perfect world, they wouldn't even have to say anything, and it'd just exist without us feeling the need to kick up a fuss about it.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
There are many agendas, and Nintendo did make a case of it being new and exciting, though there's also the distinct possibility that people are reading way too much into this.

It's kind of a big deal, though it really shouldn't be. In a perfect world, they wouldn't even have to say anything, and it'd just exist without us feeling the need to kick up a fuss about it.
Yeah, I just hate when politics, or possible instances of politics, pop up in things I love doing (i.e. personal interests) that have nothing to do with politics. I'm saying it's possibly politics because, well, this is an issue in our nation right now, and it seeps into many other things. Such as things likely like this. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth by default.

It's kind of like the whole Linkle thing. Like, that didn't need to happen, and it didn't, so good haha. Link is a boy/man. Zelda is a girl/woman. You know what I'm saying?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, I just hate when politics, or possible instances of politics, pop up in things I love doing (i.e. personal interests) that have nothing to do with politics. I'm saying it's possibly politics because, well, this is an issue in our nation right now, and it seeps into many other things. Such as things likely like this. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth by default.

It's kind of like the whole Linkle thing. Like, that didn't need to happen, and it didn't, so good haha. Link is a boy/man. Zelda is a girl/woman. You know what I'm saying?
Linkle was NEVER going to replace Link.
She was going to be a character with resemblance TO Link.
and HATE TO SPOIL IT FOR YOU, BUT HER CROSSBOW IS AN EASTER EGG IN THE ART WE'VE SEEN FOR HYRULE WARRIORS LEGENDS, SO SHE'S LIKELY IN THE GAME.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Linkle was NEVER going to replace Link.
She was going to be a character with resemblance TO Link.
and HATE TO SPOIL IT FOR YOU, BUT HER CROSSBOW IS AN EASTER EGG IN THE ART WE'VE SEEN FOR HYRULE WARRIORS LEGENDS.
Ok.

Speaking of crossbows, I'm surprised that's not an item in Smash.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Just let her be the third Link, relying even more on projectiles, being more of a combination of :4tlink: &:4miigun:
SOLD! *slams hand on table and throws up a victorious fist into the air*

Hm what if Linkle was Link's sister...?

What if your name was Michael and your sister was named Michaela? Or, Angelo and Angela? Alex and Alexis? Or vice versa? How'd that feel? Weird or no?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What if Isaac was added and they gave him an awesome redesign that combined his GS and DD designs like they did with Roy?
I'd like to see that. Basically, make it beardless adult Isaac.
He's barely aged a day, so without the beard he should look very close to young Isaac.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I don't play the Miis.
And I mainly meant the long ranged Smashes.
OK. Is this quiet enough?

Honestly a rival system isn't really necessary. It's not like it'd add anything special to the game. Maybe throw a rival stage into Classic mode. Those were just possible relationship, not all of them need to be included.

Its special because it something cool to look at. Tts fan-service type of deal. I thought that was clear...
It makes sense for games like that because they chat up a storm before fighting by default. In Super Smash Bros. the characters just jump into the fray. I think the closest we will get to something like that is the alternate voice clips that Robin, Lucina, and Wolf have.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay here's a thought. What if Ridley was indeed a winner in the ballot along with K Rool?

Pakky

Smash Hero
OK. Is this quiet enough?

It makes sense for games like that because they chat up a storm before fighting by default. In Super Smash Bros. the characters just jump into the fray. I think the closest we will get to something like that is the alternate voice clips that Robin, Lucina, and Wolf have.
Or the intro can change depending on who they fight.
The internet would probably break. :p
I mean if the demand is high enough its not an impossibility, money is always a good negotiating point.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Or the intro can change depending on who they fight.
Yay! Repeating myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom