• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen and @GoldenYuiitusin , remember the conversation we had the other day.

Well: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-what-metroid-primes-producer-wants-in-the-next-sequel

That ship was Sylux's ship, you were right TehEpicRyuga XD
PRAISE THE CHOZO! METROID HAS A POTENTIAL GOOD GAME IN THE FUTURE! The colours being off meant nothing as Samus keeps repainting or redesigning her ship! Can't wait till this gets in production
Would add insult to injury
Not really, Meta Ridley's fight set up a high standard for Ridley fights and Meta Ridley is one of the most popular Ridley things out there

Ivander

Smash Legend
PRAISE THE CHOZO! METROID HAS A POTENTIAL GOOD GAME IN THE FUTURE! The colours being off meant nothing as Samus keeps repainting or redesigning her ship! Can't wait till this gets in production.
Better start praying. And hope Nintendo does much better at presenting MP: FF in future events. Edit: And maybe hope that haters and fans alike don't destroy the possibility.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If only Sakurai didn't give him the Middle finger when he deconfirmed him, he might have stood a chance.
Except he didn't.
The thing was a tongue-in-cheek reference to Waluigi being known as a tryhard in Melee's and Brawl's trophies.

Hey @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen and @GoldenYuiitusin , remember the conversation we had the other day?

Well: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-what-metroid-primes-producer-wants-in-the-next-sequel

That ship was Sylux's ship, you were right TehEpicRyuga XD
So all this time, the people that assumed it was the Delano 7 were right.

Welp, sign me onto the Sylux bandwagon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So this spin-off was created to make a bigger, more fleshed out universe for Metroid? How can this even be bad? This "Federation" is a big part of the Metroid universe, why even bother it gets more fleshed out so the future Metroid stories can go deeper than before?

Well, anyway, am hoping for Supreme Captain Anthony Higgs to appear in this game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Because A: The federation is absolutely incompetent judging by their shenanigans and B: IT'S THE FIRST GAME IN 5 YEARS! Metroid fans have been waiting 8 years for a good game, this is just a slap in the face with a crowbar
So this spin-off was created to make a bigger, more fleshed out universe for Metroid? How can this even be bad? This "Federation" is a big part of the Metroid universe, why even bother it gets more fleshed out so the future Metroid stories can go deeper than before?

Well, anyway, am hoping for Supreme Captain Anthony Higgs to appear in this game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
At least the series gets revived, and it's not just a spin-off to have a spin-off, the game has an actual meaning as to expand the influence of the Galactic Federation in the Metroid Universe. Which I think was needed, as it strenghtens Samus' role to, albeit indirectly. Be happy that it seems to at least keep parts of the Prime series alive after so long. It might even feature mechanics from Prime, as the beam switching and stuff. I don't think it's all that neccesary to hate the game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I've gotten to read the thing @ Chandeelure Chandeelure sempai posted properly. This is damage control. It's to push the next Prime game forward. That's such a huge relief...Still salty enough to fill a well
EDIT: Wait. Can I do a victory dance as I beat GoldenYuuitsuin? He's near impossible to win from in anything so a once in a lifetime chance was achieved

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Doing a rundown of my favourite characters in each series in Smash.

Tell me yours if you want~ :3

:4mario: Wario
:4yoshi: Shy Guy
:4wario: Dribble and Spitz
:4dk: K. Rool
:4link: Toon Link
:4pikachu: Snover
:4falcon: Captain Falcon
:4fox: Wolf O'Donnell
:4kirby: Simirror
:4littlemac: Aran Ryan
:4marth: Tiki
:4ness: Porky
:4olimar: Olimar
:4pit: Pit
:4samus: Ridley
:4shulk: Shulk
:4villager: Mabel
:4sonic: Dr Eggman
:4megaman: Roll
:4pacman: Spooky
:4ryu: Sakura
:4mii: Monita
:4mario: :rosalina:
:4dk: K.Rool
:4wario2: Ashley
:4link: :4ganondorf: :4tlink:
:4pikachu: :4mewtwo::4charizard: Arcanine,
:4fox: :4falco::wolf:
:4falcon: Mighty Gazelle/ The Skull
:4marth: Caeda
:4kirby: :4metaknight:
:4pit: :4palutena:
:4shulk: Dunban, Melia
:4sonic: Silver, Blaze
:4megaman: X, Bass.EXE
:4ryu: Ingrid, Dudley and Q

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I think the only problem with Federation Force is that they announced it in the middle of a drought.

Imagine if they announced the 2D Metroid they have in development (which a lot of people seem to be forgetting...) first, then moved on to showcasing Federation Force. Metroid fans would've rejoiced and maybe actually given FF a chance: "Two new Metroid games!!!". I really hope they announce that before FF comes out, or else that game is gonna absolutely bomb. But in any case, the more I hear about FF and the plans they have for Metroid in the future, the better it starts to sound.

Obligatory relevant comment: Sylux for SSB5!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think the only problem with Federation Force is that they announced it in the middle of a drought.

Imagine if they announced the 2D Metroid they have in development (which a lot of people seem to be forgetting...) first, then moved on to showcasing Federation Force. Metroid fans would've rejoiced and maybe actually given FF a chance: "Two new Metroid games!!!". I really hope they announce that before FF comes out, or else that game is gonna absolutely bomb. But in any case, the more I hear about FF and the plans they have for Metroid in the future, the better it starts to sound.

Obligatory relevant comment: Sylux for SSB5!
Pfff in the middle of a drought?

At least they didn't throw you a Jungle Beat. :rolleyes: And it's not like Metroid is in direct competition with Nintendo's biggest franchise in terms of game gerne either.

DKCR3 for Retro's secret project baby! :4dk::4diddy:

EXPAND MY DONG VERY PLEASE!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Except he didn't.
The thing was a tongue-in-cheek reference to Waluigi being known as a tryhard in Melee's and Brawl's trophies.
The way the whole deconfirmation happened just felt like a solid no from Sakurai. As in he thought the character would never stand a chance and he wanted Smash Bros fans to know that.

Besides, if that wasn't the case then theirs no way Sakurai wouldn't make him playable in this game. Heck, even Brawl was the better opportunity for Waluigi being playable.
Pfff in the middle of a drought?

At least they didn't throw you a Jungle Beat. :rolleyes: And it's not like Metroid is in direct competition with Nintendo's biggest franchise in terms of game gerne either.

DKCR3 for Retro's secret project baby! :4dk::4diddy:

EXPAND MY DONG VERY PLEASE!
I guess i'm the only person that wants to see another DK game in the style of DK64.

Donkey Kong 64 Returns. I wonder if that will ever happen.

Nintendo please give me Wolf. PLEASE!
No prob!

With the series i'm familiar with...

:4mario:Waluigi
:4dk:Lanky
:4link:OoT Link & Ganondorf
:4fox:Falco & Wolf
:4pikachu:Blastoise & Mewtwo
:4falcon:C. Falcon & Black Shadow
:4ness:Ness & Lucas
:4marth:Roy & Ike
:4megaman:Megaman Volnutt
:4sonic:Knuckles

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wolf has gone through some changes since he appeared in Brawl.
Not sure if you watched Treehouse live yesterday, but in regards to it during the Star Fox Zero showing one of the people said "Ugh, this character is coming to Smash and I can't tell anyone!"

Get your bodies ready. :wolf:
Really? When was that?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
King K. Rool, Mach Rider, Scorpion (MK), and Toad.

Then Sakurai may go retire into the sunset.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Not sure if you watched Treehouse live yesterday, but in regards to it during the Star Fox Zero showing one of the people said "Ugh, this character is coming to Smash and I can't tell anyone!"

Get your bodies ready. :wolf:
Source or I'm calling bull****.

I remember there were stupid fake rumors like "It was said on the Treehouse!" last year as well.

:4mario: Bowser
:4yoshi: Yoshi
:4wario: Wario
:4dk: King K. Rool
:4link: Morshu King Harkinian Epona
:4pikachu: Torterra
:4falcon: Captain Falcon
:4fox: Wolf O'Donnell
:4kirby: King Dedede and Bandana Dee (tie)
:4littlemac: Doc Louis
:4marth: Ike
:4ness: Porky
:4olimar: Olimar
:4pit: Hades
:4shulk: Dunban (don't know others than him, Shulk (counters :mad:) and Riki (annoying))
:4villager: Mr. Resetti
:4sonic: Dr. Eggman
:4megaman: Dr. Wily
:4pacman: Pac-Man
:4ryu: M. Bison

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
@ 1:34:18

Had to find it, now that I watch again it could very well be Wolf since this was after show casing Star Fox Zero.
Thumbs up for delivering!

I don't think it means anything, though. It was just an example. He didn't imply that there was a character right now that they couldn't talk about or anything.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Or it was just Roy/Ryu.
no implication of who it could be
Thumbs up for delivering!

I don't think it means anything, though. It was just an example. He didn't imply that there was a character right now that they couldn't talk about or anything.
Yeah, you guys are right, I obviously read to far into it.

We'll see In the coming months who the remaining pre ballot characters are though and we'll probably see Wolf soon, maybe in a Star Fox Zero direct (which would be hype).

D

Deleted member

Or it was just Roy/Ryu.
no implication of who it could be
Why would they not be able to say anything about a character released two days prior?

The way the whole deconfirmation happened just felt like a solid no from Sakurai. As in he thought the character would never stand a chance and he wanted Smash Bros fans to know that.
It felt that way because you chose to feel that way.
All it was was a tongue-in-cheek reference.

If anything, it's practically setting up for a "Next time, I'll cheat my way into battle!"

Besides, if that wasn't the case then theirs no way Sakurai wouldn't make him playable in this game. Heck, even Brawl was the better opportunity for Waluigi being playable.
I'm saying this as possibly the biggest Waluigi fan on this thread, but you need to be reasonable.
There is reason why Waluigi wouldn't be playable in Smash 4. And that's because of Rosalina and Bowser Jr. providing more potential for fighting styles not seen by anyone else in Smash. It's the same reason why we didn't get a Toad, when it can be argued that a Toad has been long overdue.

As for Brawl, Sakurai seemed to not want to put focus on the Mario series, seeing as it didn't get a new character at all aside from Wario, who puts prime focus in his own franchise rather than the series he spawned from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Prime hype~

I'm curious as to who the next villain will be, since Dark Samus and Phaaze went kaput and all. Hopefully we'll get an expanded role for Ridley, at least. And this is definitely going to help the "Sylux for Smash!" campaign.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I do not see how Wolf does not get in. After Wolf (unless the IC's are going to make a comeback) I think there are only new characters on the way.

King K. Rool would surprise me with another absence.

However, this is a good time for Nintendo to make bonds with third-party companies by including their character. Nintendo is bad at enticing other companies to make games for their consoles. Now they have a nice opportunity to change this state.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ Wintropy Wintropy Anna (or at least a character that looks exactly like her) is a shopkeeper in SMTxFE

treehouse even admitted it is a reference
I would respond to this, but I don't have an adequate gif to summarise my feelings.

Hold that thought.

EDIT: Here ya go~

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
So if Dark Samus is now permadead, that removes her/it from fighter status unless she/it proves to remain highly popular. I highly doubt Anthony would be a legitimate pick, which narrows any potential Metroid newcomers down to...Ridley and Sylux. Hopefully both, but probably not. :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So if Dark Samus is now permadead, that removes her/it from fighter status unless she/it proves to remain highly popular. I highly doubt Anthony would be a legitimate pick, which narrows any potential Metroid newcomers down to...Ridley and Sylux. Hopefully both, but probably not. :p
Or a new character if they prove to be popular and be more than a one-timer like Rundas.

Pakky

Smash Hero
However, this is a good time for Nintendo to make bonds with third-party companies by including their character.
Which is why this whole subtle belief that Rayman can't be in because of Ubisoft is ridiculous. These companies aren't two teenage girls bickering over a man, they're companies. When there's money to be made, all manner of "beef" imaginary or otherwise goes out the window.

Or a new character if they prove to be popular and be more than a one-timer like Rundas.
It would be cool if Samus had a Wario-like character that wasn't Dark Samus. Like a competent braggart that also was a female humanoid in power armor.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Let's be real, though; what's the chances of that happening when people are crying to cancel the game because it, as the Transformers fandom puts it, "RUINED METROID FOREVER!!!!!!"? :p
Not talking about that abomination.
More about Prime 4. When they actually get a team together to make it that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom