• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Y'know, people yell FE BIAS!!!!1!! yet we didn't get a new AT. Odd considering all the options really
I'd like to see more FE AT's as well.

As for this whole debate, like, what's up with it? How'd we start debating FE characters?

Lyn and Hector have always been great units to me, honestly. Lyn for her speed and accuracy, and her Bows upon promotion are very useful. She has some problems later on due to her attack and defense not being the best, plus her low Build. But she's generally a very solid unit, and I tend to like Lyn more than Hector.

Hector also has problems killing for me, sometimes. The main issue is his lack of speed. He doesn't have horrible speed, but he does have a lack of speed, and usually can't double at the end of the game, often getting doubled himself.

Eliwood is the worst. The problem with him is he's not good at anything except killing off fodder units, and his late promotion sees to the fact that he probably won't be be capped by the end of the game. His movement range is more useful for ferrying better units around to deal damage. He can also barely do anything to the Fire Dragon, so he's not great for that, either.

Roy I think is better than Eliwood, but not much. He's not a very good unit at the start until he begins to gain some levels. Then he's pretty solid... until you cap his level. Then he doesn't promote until THE LAST CHAPTER OF THE GAME. Assuming you haven't gotten all the Legendary Weapons. In this circumstance, you have to baby him the whole chapter to get his levels up. Once he's a higher level, he's an incredibly solid unit, but you've spent half the game being unable to use him for much of anything, either because you want to delay his levels, or he's Level 20 and is either too weak to do anything, or you're saving the XP for other characters.

After he's a decent level following Zephiel's defeat, he's solid the rest of the game... but if you got all the Legendary Weapons, then -every- character with one is extremely powerful, and likely -more- powerful than Roy by this point. The last two chapters can be solo'd by anyone with a legendary weapon pretty much (as long as they don't get ganged up on by enemies). Zephiel is the most powerful boss in the game, and that chapter is when Roy is at his weakest. Almost anyone can solo Idunn with one of the legendary weapons.

The problem with Roy isn't his stats. The problem is his availability to actually use in combat.

I guess it was already stated earlier, but with FE If introducing weapons' infinite use, how do you think it will influence Robin's tomes and swords mechanic ?
None at all. The current FE no longer has durability, but every game before it (except Gaiden) does, in fact, have durability, so he still represents the grand majority of the franchise. Robin will likely remain the same.

I actually remember some popularity poll about Smash's newcomers, Dark Pit was the most hated (freaking duh) while Robin was the most popular there
^^ I love this.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't think so, but if it was it would be stupid. I would hate it if they change Robin, because in my opinion :4robinm:/:4robinf: have the most perfect movesets to represent them in Smash Bros. It is everything I would have wanted them to be and more.
More than I can say for :4ganondorf:. And I like him already. He'd probably be my favorite character if he were just a bit more original.
3 changes.
3 changes are all I want as a falcondorf lover.
1) Warlock punch gets 3/4ths of the wind up time, the punch is heavily nerfed in power, and sends out a projectile the size of around a fuly charged Shadow Ball-Aura Sphere-Charge Shot with a lot of power behind it.
2) Wizard Foot's melee jump restore
3) Add Ganon as a newcomer.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'd like to see more FE AT's as well.

As for this whole debate, like, what's up with it? How'd we start debating FE characters?

Lyn and Hector have always been great units to me, honestly. Lyn for her speed and accuracy, and her Bows upon promotion are very useful. She has some problems later on due to her attack and defense not being the best, plus her low Build. But she's generally a very solid unit, and I tend to like Lyn more than Hector.

Hector also has problems killing for me, sometimes. The main issue is his lack of speed. He doesn't have horrible speed, but he does have a lack of speed, and usually can't double at the end of the game, often getting doubled himself.

^^ I love this.
If Hector has problems killing you're doing something wrong, not to mention he's been doubled quite a lot... getting double 0 by the enemy XD Why can't Hector be in smash as anything?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
3 changes.
3 changes are all I want as a falcondorf lover.
1) Warlock punch gets 3/4ths of the wind up time and sends out a projectile the size of around a fuly charged Shadow Ball-Aura Sphere-Charge Shot with a lot of power behind it.
2) Wizard Foot's melee jump restore
3) Add Ganon as a newcomer.
I drew a remade Ganondorf moveset like that. I can't scan it though. Might to able to replicate with sprites.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm honestly still surprised Mega Man's in smash, not because it's been nearly 2 years since his announcement but because he did things I'd expect from, say, Bayonetta
Or the fact that Capcom has been just crapping on the fans with the franchise. Cancelling Megaman Legends 3 becauese the 3DS was going to be a flop... just like Nintendo's very bad history of handhelds, right?

His big anniversary release? Megaman vs Street Fighter? IT WAS A FAN GAME THAT CAPCOM BOUGHT OUT AND SOLD. THEY COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO MAKE THEIR OWN ANNIVERSARY GAME.

D

Deleted member

Why are people appears to be so opposed to see Black Shadow getting Ganondorf's current moveset at the price of having a new one ?

I think it would make sense as Black Shadow comes from the same universe as Falcon and share the same morphology, thus making him appropriate to be his heavy clone. Besides being fairly requested in Japan due to Nakamoto making his voice in the F-Zero anime, and it would encourage Nintendo to finally produce a new F-Zero game.

Is it because of "but Goroh gets more priority" or something ?

Why are people appears to be so opposed to see Black Shadow getting Ganondorf's current moveset at the price of having a new one ?

I think it would make sense as Black Shadow comes from the same universe as Falcon and share the same morphology, thus making him appropriate to be his heavy clone. Besides being fairly requested in Japan due to Nakamoto making his voice in the F-Zero anime, and it would encourage Nintendo to finally produce a new F-Zero game.

becasue why have black shadow replace the movesset so ganondorf can get a new moveset when we can just give the new moveset to a better ganondorf

this guy jut isnt a dorf

i havent seen anyone opposed to it but it more that it just isnt particularly likely.

Burruni

Smash Hero

It comes down to two parts.

A) F-Zero being such a dormant series with :4falcon: having his entire moveset bar Final Smash being made up that a second character by itself seems a bit strange.
B) With Sakurai not really changing :4ganondorf: since Melee on the grounds of being "Falcondorf" at this point, why would he make a newcomer... to get a veteran's moveset and turn a veteran into a newcomer? Making Ganon, the more prominent villain of the series who has begun being used properly again recently, a newcomer with that Magical moveset with an iconic weapon seems more logical.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...I'm not in fond of having Pig Ganon as a brand whole character in all honesty.

Burruni

Smash Hero
...I'm not in fond of having Pig Ganon as a brand whole character in all honesty.
Not exactly asking for you to be fond of it.
But looking at the history of Smash, he's more likely to embody that dark magic moveset than Dorf by having his moveset taken by Black Shadow.
Does Falcondorf's moveset fit Black Shadow? Yes. But I don't see him ever getting it.
If Young Link gets in with some horribly changed moveset based on the Majora's Mask transformations, I'll say it's a possibility but not a moment sooner.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
To be fair, Ganon is the main antagonist of the franchise, not Ganondorf. It's only in Twilight Princess that Ganon is demoted to...whatever the hell that fight was. :p

Plus I don't see anyone in Smash using tridents, so he's already more original than Dark Pit.

D

Deleted member

Not exactly asking for you to be fond of it.
But looking at the history of Smash, he's more likely to embody that dark magic moveset than Dorf by having his moveset taken by Black Shadow.
Does Falcondorf's moveset fit Black Shadow? Yes. But I don't see him ever getting it.
If Young Link gets in with some horribly changed moveset based on the Majora's Mask transformations, I'll say it's a possibility but not a moment sooner.
I'm okay with your statement, it is just that, on my list of my most wanted characters, Pig Ganon is like near of the bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Or the fact that Capcom has been just crapping on the fans with the franchise. Cancelling Megaman Legends 3 becauese the 3DS was going to be a flop... just like Nintendo's very bad history of handhelds, right?

His big anniversary release? Megaman vs Street Fighter? IT WAS A FAN GAME THAT CAPCOM BOUGHT OUT AND SOLD. THEY COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO MAKE THEIR OWN ANNIVERSARY GAME.
Actually let me give you an actual story before blaming Capcom 100%. The only cancelation that hurt was Megaman Universe.

The series itself sales were dropping hard since 2004 and while games like the Zero and BN series ended, the other series never sold at all. ZX flopped hard and Starforce never took off like its predecessor. The only game that sold well was MM9 aka we bought it because 'HOLY CRAP 8-BIT' and that same plan failed hard with MM10. Despite that Inafune was desperate to make Legends 3 despite Capcom being against it due to its poor sales (Legends is the worst selling MM series). Inafune had butt heads with Capcom for years over stuff (The Lost Planet and Dead Rising stories, look them up, Inafune did some backwoods s*** behind Capcom's back).

Inafune went on to make Legends 3 on his own without Capcom's support and would be the big moment for Megaman but after the dreaded Tsunami that hit Japan, Inafune wanted out (probably due to his arguments with the head office) and took the data and code for Legends 3 with him and a few of his team. Now the Legends staff was left with nothing and couldn't start from scratch since it was no point, 3DS was an issue and Megaman was looking not good so they had to cancel it since Capcom wouldn't even fund a project that was 100% from Inafune and he was the one to do it all.

Sorry for the wall of text but don't put 100% of the blame on Capcom, everything after it was mostly at fault of marketing, stupid people at Capcom EU (the guy who blamed the fans for Legends 3 cancelation) and bad timing (:4megaman:&:4pacman: in SFxT).

Inafune left the fans high and dry and fans treat him like like martyr.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Actually let me give you an actual story before blaming Capcom 100%. The only cancelation that hurt was Megaman Universe.

The series itself sales were dropping hard since 2004 and while games like the Zero and BN series ended, the other series never sold at all. ZX flopped hard and Starforce never took off like its predecessor. The only game that sold well was MM9 aka we bought it because 'HOLY CRAP 8-BIT' and that same plan failed hard with MM10. Despite that Inafune was desperate to make Legends 3 despite Capcom being against it due to its poor sales (Legends is the worst selling MM series). Inafune had butt heads with Capcom for years over stuff (The Lost Planet and Dead Rising stories, look them up, Inafune did some backwoods s*** behind Capcom's back).

Inafune went on to make Legends 3 on his own without Capcom's support and would be the big moment for Megaman but after the dreaded Tsunami that hit Japan, Inafune wanted out (probably due to his arguments with the head office) and took the data and code for Legends 3 with him and a few of his team. Now the Legends staff was left with nothing and couldn't start from scratch since it was no point, 3DS was an issue and Megaman was looking not good so they had to cancel it since Capcom wouldn't even fund a project that was 100% from Inafune and he was the one to do it all.

Sorry for the wall of text but don't put 100% of the blame on Capcom, everything after it was mostly at fault of marketing, stupid people at Capcom EU (the guy who blamed the fans for Legends 3 cancelation) and bad timing (:4megaman:&:4pacman: in SFxT).

Again, they said "Not enough fan support" and they haven't made a new installment in years. They said they're making a game fans have been waiting for though in I believe January...

Burruni

Smash Hero
*Burruni likes this*
Burruni I thought we were frenz T-T
You will be missed, that's what i meant.

That was the first I've heard about that front for Legends 3, I'll admit.
But still, the fact that they planned nothing or the 25th anniversary for their series and effectively took a fan game to sell it at a profit is just scummy... and 10's issues were in poor weapons and how it didn't do anything that impressive in the eyes of most. Then again I loved how it would go MM9 -> MMX before that game came out.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You will be missed, that's what i meant.

That was the first I've heard about that front for Legends 3, I'll admit.
But still, the fact that they planned nothing or the 25th anniversary for their series and effectively took a fan game to sell it at a profit is just scummy... and 10's issues were in poor weapons and how it didn't do anything that impressive in the eyes of most.
Forgiven
Also, why would they cut Mega Man in MVC3? They even hinted at him! Hell, that's worse than Ridley because Mega Man was playable in previous installments and outright shown!

Pakky

Smash Hero
what if there was an amiibo for every Pokemon, shines, forms, and megas included? I would buy everything...

Troykv

Smash Master
Forgiven
Also, why would they cut Mega Man in MVC3? They even hinted at him! Hell, that's worse than Ridley because Mega Man was playable in previous installments and outright shown!
And the former's Capcom's mascot xD

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I desperately need a new Mega Man, Megaman X, or Megaman Legends Game. In my opinion all the other series were terrible, although I here a lot of people liked Battle Network.

Also, the Micro direct today was nice because we got to see which games from the Japanese Direct would also make there way there America.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I desperately need a new Mega Man, Megaman X, or Megaman Legends Game. In my opinion all the other series were terrible, although I here a lot of people liked Battle Network.
I played Mega Man ZX Advent. That was a fun game. :c

Because, in their own words, "Zero represented the series better".
Except for, you know, the entire Classic series, which Zero wasn't in, which started the series, and the longest running, and Mega Man, who was in previous Marvel vs. Capcom games, was the star of.
Like, what? lol :facepalm:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I played Mega Man ZX Advent. That was a fun game. :c

Because, in their own words, "Zero represented the series better".
Except for, you know, the entire Classic series, which Zero wasn't in, which started the series, and the longest running, and Mega Man, who was in previous Marvel vs. Capcom games, was the star of.
Like, what? lol :facepalm:
"Zero represented the series better."
>Cut Megaman, who is in some form in every one of the megaman subseries
>Leave Tron Bonne, who granted is one of few people I actually play in that game but she only is present in 3 games, from what APPARENTLY was a money-sink of a series despite hearing a lot more praise for it than ZX or *shudders* Star Force.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
"Zero represented the series better."
>Cut Megaman, who is in some form in every one of the megaman subseries
>Leave Tron Bonne, who granted is one of few people I actually play in that game but she only is present in 3 games, from what APPARENTLY was a money-sink of a series despite hearing a lot more praise for it than ZX or *shudders* Star Force.
That is weird... Why they still have Tron in MvC3? And over... well... Megaman xD

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
what if there was an amiibo for every Pokemon, shines, forms, and megas included? I would buy everything...
You'd probably be too poor to eat, or ironically have a home with working electricity to use those amiibo you'd spent your entire life's savings on.

But let's do the math because I'm genuinely intrigued how much that would add up to:

There are currently 649 Pokemon. Add a shiny of each that takes it up to 1298.

30 Mega forms in X + Y. 1328

18 Megas so far in ORAS. 1346

6 Cosplay Pikachus, 3 additional Deoxys formes, 5 Rotom formes, an additional Shaymin forme + the genie trio alt formes, 2 Kyruem Formes, an extra forme for Keldeo and Meloetta + a whopping 9 formes of Furfrou...

1377. 1377 amiibos. Ignoring scalpers, the average price of an amiibo in the UK SHOULD be £10.

£13,770 total. Feel free to translate to whatever currency you use.

You'd need to have a pretty amazing job to blow that amount of cash on your amiibo collection...and that's only if scalpers didn't exist. At max price of £50 per amiibo that total, ignoring shipping costs would come to...£68,850.

Also note I didn't include shinies of all formes and megas as well. That would boost the minimum to £14,560. £72,800 at max scalper price(ignoring shipping). Also ignores gender differences...

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
People are still talking about Black Shadow taking Ganondorf's moveset? Don't you realise that as much as it is similar to Falcon, it still pulls moves from The Legend of Zelda, so basically people are asking for a character to use moves that based from another franchise...

Burruni

Smash Hero
People are still talking about Black Shadow taking Ganondorf's moveset? Don't you realise that as much as it is similar to Falcon, it still pulls moves from The Legend of Zelda, so basically people are asking for a character to use moves that based from another franchise...
I'm a Falcondorf main.
No.
The only move that directly applies to a move from Ganondorf's three fights in LoZ is his "Sparta kick" F-tilt which would be in no way unfitting for Black Shadow.

Edit: His F-Air is possibly taken from the Official Art of the Ganondorf fight in the OoT strategy guide and the fist slam that starts off that fight, but once again is not something unfitting for B.S.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm a Falcondorf main.
No.
The only move that directly applies to a move from Ganondorf's three fights in LoZ is his "Sparta kick" F-tilt which would be in no way unfitting for Black Shadow.
Ftilt, dtilt, side B, fair, fsmash (was actually used in TP), his use of darkness and electricity is also derived from LoZ which isn't used by falcon (outside the knee of justice)...people also forget that Ganondorf's moveset was made with OoT in mind where he didn't even use a sword...before WW and TP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom