• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Top Zelda candidate. That's what I meant, that's what we are discussing right?
The subject did somewhat focus in on those grounds. Without specification, I took it to the wider scope. But he's a top contender on the grounds that... his competition isn't vast.

Impa, Ganon, and Vaati are the only characters of multiple active roles left. I still say that his chances are minimal because of 3DS limitations for Transformations and :4tlink: existing still are major walls infront of him.

Have you seen the things Shiggy has done? The man is great but he's out of his mind and running around looking for trouble.

The things he does can pretty much be insane and he can pretty ruin anything with his Willy Wonka mindset (see Wii Music, Sticker Star, the last few Zelda games, the whole no story thing for Galaxy, Star Fox Adventures and Wii Music)

Atleast I can trust him with Pikmin and Star Fox
Wii Music isn't "ruining" anything. It was a fairly mindless game but it was for an untapped market for a Nintendo Music game with the last one being Donkey Konga on the gamecube.

Sticker Star was a problem. The only issue of "The Last Few Zelda games" that came to place because of Shiggy was the length of Twilight Princess's tutorial area, and even then we're going late gamecube early wii era.

Galaxy not having a story? Because the immense plot of 64 and Sunshine clearly wasn't present for this game. Hell, Galaxy had MORE story to it with Rosalina's story telling which gives more backstory to a character than ANYONE ELSE IN MARIO HISTORY.

Star Fox Adventures was all made by Rareware. Shiggy made the choice to convert it into a Star Fox Spin-off because the name would help it sell. It's a Sunshine problem all over again but to a worse extent.

So... since the gamecue, you have two major faults? That's pretty damn good considering how much Sony and Microsoft fans outcry that they're being screwed over by the company heads.

Edit: Also... you say that he is to blame for Star Fox Adventures, the game that crippled the series' popularity for games to come on grounds that it has now started to properly recover with the hype of Star Fox WiiU on the grounds that IT IS IN FACT A STAR FOX GAME with no gameplay seen and can trust him on the game that we have no gameplay for.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
"Young Link support is non-existent"
:T
Exaggerating.

There's plenty of people who want him back, most of them suggest a Majora's Mask based moveset.
He's still a pretty top candidate for DLC.
Every character has some fans. You need to look at the bigger picture. And most series will likely not get more than one DLC character, so even being 2nd can spell doom.

And for the Majora's Mask based moveset, pin your hopes on Roy. If he's back as is, then that idea is simply not happening.

:231:

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Toon Link was my most-wanted newcomer in Hyrule Warriors. Zelda wielding the Wind Waker shot that ship right down to the salty depths, but I'm content with the roster we have now.

Moral of the story: don't pin your hopes on one character and just appreciate what you've got.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Toon Link was my most-wanted newcomer in Hyrule Warriors. Zelda wielding the Wind Waker shot that ship right down to the salty depths, but I'm content with the roster we have now.

Moral of the story: don't pin your hopes on one character and just appreciate what you've got.
You don't understand how long I sustained on the tears of MM diehards when Tingle got in as a newcomer as I predicted and Majora/Skull Kid were demoted to a costume for the J-Pop Light Sorceress.

THIS IS FOR DEMOTING ALL THAT SARIA COULD HAVE BEEN TO LANA'S DEKU STICK WEAPON.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You don't understand how long I sustained on the tears of MM diehards when Tingle got in as a newcomer as I predicted and Majora/Skull Kid were demoted to a costume for the J-Pop Light Sorceress.

THIS IS FOR DEMOTING ALL THAT SARIA COULD HAVE BEEN TO LANA'S DEKU STICK WEAPON.
I cried tears of joy when Tingle was revelaed. I wanted him in the game since its annoucement *sniff*. He easily has the most inventive moveset in the game.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

>saria
>not a thing

y u do dis

i tot we wuz frenz ;w;

I cried tears of joy when Tingle was revelaed. I wanted him in the game since its annoucement *sniff*. He easily has the most inventive moveset in the game.

Agreed. :3

Burruni

Smash Hero
>saria
>not a thing

y u do dis

i tot we wuz frenz ;w;

Agreed. :3
No no no.
I wanted Saria so bad.
It killed me when she wasn't in.
I mean... I got Ruto, Fi, and a Goron to play as. So I got 3 of my 5 desires (with Saria and Malon absent no matter how much I wanted Malon to smack people with milk bottles and then summon a giant cuccoo swarm for her finisher because THAT IDEA WAS TAKEN BY LANA AGAIN)

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
No no no.
I wanted Saria so bad.
It killed me when she wasn't in.
I mean... I got Ruto, Fi, and a Goron to play as. So I got 3 of my 5 desires (with Saria and Malon absent no matter how much I wanted Malon to smack people with milk bottles and then summon a giant cuccoo swarm for her finisher because THAT IDEA WAS TAKEN BY LANA AGAIN)
Oh, I know, that's why I'm crying. I would have loved to have played as Saria as well.

I'm still hoping for Malon, even as an alt for somebody (I dunno, Zelda, maybe?). Don't tell me you don't want to drink Lon-Lon Milk and power up during her Focus Spirit!

Good point about the Cucco swarm, though.

DAMN IT LANA [Insert Archer reference at your discretion]

Hypothetical scenario: Ghirahim becomes a recurring character. What are his chances of appearing as a playable character in Smash?

*Awaits the summoning of Kenith*

Oh, I know, that's why I'm crying. I would have loved to have played as Saria as well.

I'm still hoping for Malon, even as an alt for somebody (I dunno, Zelda, maybe?). Don't tell me you don't want to drink Lon-Lon Milk and power up during her Focus Spirit!

Good point about the Cucco swarm, though.

DAMN IT LANA [Insert Archer reference at your discretion]

Hypothetical scenario: Ghirahim becomes a recurring character. What are his chances of appearing as a playable character in Smash?

depends if impa becomes recurring as well with a role like in SS.
if not then likely.

if she does . . .well

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Sometimes people make me think that Zelda New Char is only a "Muh Reps" thing and a productos of things like FE having one (and a extra) new character and Roy returns.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sometimes people make me think that Zelda New Char is only a "Muh Reps" thing and a productos of things like FE having one (and a extra) new character and Roy returns.
Well, Fire Emblem and Zelda having the same number of slots doesn't look quite right for some. Implications, implications...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Here's the problem with Zelda as a series when it comes to Smash,

Your game's gonna have a :4link: (excluding Zelda's Adventure the CDi game and the Tingle Spinoffs) and almost always have a :4zelda: you have to save and about a 70/30 chance that some form of :4ganondorf: (Ganon and Demise basically get looped into this), of that 30 it's 15% because someone's trying to revive :4ganondorf: and the other 15% is because it's an unrelated villain that is going to be lucky if it is ever seen or even MENTIONED again.

Once you get out of this Triangle, you have concepts and names that come back but rarely characters especially ones with a fairly stagnant design to them.

This is quite heavier when it comes to the 3D titles, of which Impa is the only character who was used in more than 1 of the 5 (OoT, MM, WW, TP, SS) outside of OoT/MM having models being shared who isn't Tingle who is somehow so popular in Japan to spawn a number of spin-off games in which he stars.

Even then, Impa's roles have been more as a named NPC with the enigmatic role of "Zelda's caretaker" whose biggest roles were being a sage with importance of Saria, Darunia, and Ruto and then teaches the young Zelda how to be :4sheik: before Skyward Sword made her the most plot important character besides the current incarnations of :4link::4zelda::4ganondorf: and the swords of :4link: and :4ganondorf:'s current forms and being the Captain of the Guard in Hyrule Warriors (a spin-off that may have as much lasting impact to the series as the CDi games or Link's Crossbow Training) which puts her only under :4link::4zelda::4ganondorf: and the two halves of Cia for overall importance.

Impa, (a notch below her) Tingle, and (just a notch below that) Vaati are the most impactful, reoccurring, and noticable characters in the series as a whole outside of the Triforce itself. The question then turns to if Smash has widened its scopes enough to accept her with open arms with the popularity she commanded beginning to dwindle as Hyrule Warriors hype has faded out.

Last edited:
Scatman is stirring his bed, only to wake up and question why he has been sobbing for the last hour.
i was really confused for a second before i realized you didnt mean the song. . . I know how he feels as a viridi supporter

medusa = impa
tingle/ghirahim = hades

and here I am with that other character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
i was really confused for a second before i realized you didnt mean the song. . . I know how he feels as a viridi supporter

medusa = impa
tingle/ghirahim = hades

and here I am with that other character.
Without Sakurai bias, Medusa would still be a better contender than Hades. And Impa has had significant better roles than Tingle anyway.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Without Sakurai bias, Medusa would still be a better contender than Hades. And Impa has had significant better roles than Tingle anyway.
Tingle DID get his own games. He has some kind of odd craze power in Japan, and THAT'S coming from a Waluigi fan.
Impa got stepped up a lot in SS for the main series, but then you can argue being a fairly important protagonist in the group of about a dozen Hyrule Army Commanders in HW to getting 3 spin-off games.

I put Impa higher than Tingle for a multitude of reasons, but the Medusa-Hades comparison is not as apt here.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
"Young Link support is non-existent"
:T
Exaggerating.

There's plenty of people who want him back, most of them suggest a Majora's Mask based moveset.
He's still a pretty top candidate for DLC.
Yes, but the idea of having THREE Links is a bad idea, no matter how different their moveset is

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
The problem with Captain Toad....he can't jump.

And Inkling is getting a full on Mii costume and a third Mario would be......
that argument is as pathetic as "theres already a roy" the devs can make him junp, not everything in smash is canon, thats one of the most garbage arguments ive ever seen, link has a costume, and Paper Mario in his games differentiate him enough from Mario IMO someone arguments are worthless and are just there for an excuse to not have that character in.

(sorry if I sounded rude)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Tingle's best chances where with Brawl really. Why he even is suggested still baffles me.
  • Perfect example of a troll character.
  • Has his own games with plenty to draw from.
  • Just look at him.
  • The reactions will be glorious.
  • Kooloo-Limpah.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yes, but the idea of having THREE Links is a bad idea, no matter how different their moveset is
Marth, Lucina, and Roy. That is all.

• Perfect example of a troll character.
  • Has his own games with plenty to draw from.
  • Just look at him.
  • The reactions will be glorious.
  • Kooloo-Limpah.
Sandbag would be the best troll character though. He could use the various items in his moveset, and his Final Smash could be the Home Run Contest and.............. Someone stop me before I convince myself to support this.:facepalm:

Sandbag would be the best troll character though. He could use the various items in his moveset, and his Final Smash could be the Home Run Contest and.............. Someone stop me before I convince myself to support this.:facepalm:
Neither of those are luterally marth. All of them would actually be link.

Have people realized how creepy sandbag is? They could have made him anything but they made a punching bag with EYES. Its like it is meant to ne sentient. they made a being who only has the purpose of permanently getting beat up. How sad.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If your issue with Splatoon is really one man that you have an intrinsic grudge against, I seriously suggest you reconsider your priorities. That is not healthy.
Er, I feel like I should have added a /s thingy...I still am bored by Splatoon but I wanted to make a funny. I failed T.T

Zelda newcomer? Ghirahim is my choice, and although I'm indifferent to other choices, I'm going to choose Tingle because unlike DHD, I'm indifferent to him despite having a vocal hatebase. Reminds me of that Lucky Chloe stuff

Burruni

Smash Hero

:4marth: and :4lucina: are just bad in their similarity, but she was rushed in at the end in promotion. :roypm: is fairly different enough in his move differences... I suppose. But the difference between Marth and Roy as DLC is still far greater than :4tlink:what :younglinkmelee: was in Melee.... except Roy still had a storming fanbase, something Yink lacks.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
:4marth: and :4lucina: are just bad in their similarity, but she was rushed in at the end in promotion. :roypm: is fairly different enough in his move differences... I suppose. But the difference between Marth and Roy as DLC is still far greater than :4tlink:what :younglinkmelee: was in Melee.... except Roy still had a storming fanbase, something Yink lacks.
Sooooooo: :younglinkmelee:<:roymelee: because :younglinkmelee:=:4tlink: :4link:and :roymelee:=/=:4lucina::4marth:.............Logic.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Sooooooo: :younglinkmelee:<:roymelee: because :younglinkmelee:=:4tlink: :4link:and :roymelee:=/=:4lucina::4marth:.............Logic.
No. I'm saying that the difference, as a dlc veteran is less between :younglinkmelee: and :4tlink: to :roypm: and :4marth:/:4lucina:. :4marth::4lucina: is around as equal as I see :4tlink::younglinkmelee: being.

Lucina was pre-programmed and ultimately upgraded into a clone. Young Link would have to be built up from the base. He has neither the difference as a character nor the fanbase that :4lucas::roypm: or :wolf: has. There's a reason people fought and expected that trinity of "Cut clones" and there's little for Young Link.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Difference between :4marth: and :4lucina: in terms of gameplay.
The gimmick is changed, the blade's power is evenly focused instead of the Tipper.
How much does this effect: Almost the entire moveset, albeit in a lazy and fairly aggrivating way that makes Lucy "EZ Marth"

Difference between :4marth: and :roypm: in terms of gameplay.
The gimmick is changed, the blade's power is at the hilt instead of the Tipper.
Different B and Down-Smash.
I'm sure there are other things, I just didn't really play either character that much. However, like Lucy, this had an effect on the entire moveset.
Difference between :4tlink: and :younglinkmelee: in terms of gameplay (PLEASE tell me if I am wrong on this)
:younglinkmelee:'s arrows had a fire effect to them.

Difference between :4link: and :4tlink: in terms of gameplay.
:4link:'s side B has the entire gale effect to it at the cost of a hitbox on the return trip.
I think the specials do different damage in general.
:4tlink: in general sacrifices some of the raw power and weight for his short size and better speed. He's not :4drmario::4lucina::4darkpit: bad in clone-factor but he's still a little bit below :4ganondorf:.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Eh, not in the mood for propaganda...
He already is recurring. He's in Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors. Aonuma seems hate the one-off characters and thus will never ever give them another game ever so its not even worth thinking about in a hypothetical scenario.

Hence why I wanted Ghirahim and Midna in Smash; Smash would help cement their place in Nintendo's library netting them multiple appearances and merchandise down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom