• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why don't Lucina speculators acknowledge Leif?

• Two appearances
  • Sword that generates magic and lighting
  • Much more different than Marth
If Lucina could be a unique character than you have to acknoledge that Leif can too and that he'd be a pretty damn likely character in that scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

• Two appearances
If Lucina could be a unique character than you have to acknoledge that Leif can too and that he'd be a pretty damn likely character in that scenario.
Is there a thread?
If not, then I'm off to make one!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Marth's Falchion.
Lucina's Falchion.
That's not practically identical.
It's pretty damn similar. Who cares? Roy's sword is different from Marth's too. But, it's practically the same type of sword.

@SaturnGamer64
Out of curiousity, have you played Fire Emblem Awakening?
Do you not read me? Yes.

EDIT: I think you only read the side of the person you agree with who tells you what you want to hear and only my quotes if they are in the comment of that person.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

• Two appearances
Because Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 isn't recent and didn't sell a million units.

I MEAN WHO CARES ABOUT TRYING TO BE UNIQUE IT'S ALL ABOUT MARKETING AM I RIGHT?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I really do doubt Lucina would be highly unique either.
If she does get in she may not end up being unique, sure. But my point is that the potential is still there and she's better than Chrom in literally every way possible since she is basically Chrom+Mother when it comes to here abilities.
–––

[collapse="Discussion with Saturn CONTINUED"]
SUPPORTER =/= SPECULATOR
Sure, but then again you did used to have Baby Yoshi on a roster of yours way back when. :troll:
Also, could you try to stay relevant to the topic? I don't go around being like "Yeah, well in 3rd grade Ariel said he liked Tomato Sauce! So how can he question somebody else for liking it!"
This is a lie, I have never liked Tomato Sauce. Don't go around spreading rumors!
Neither do I. Except I also don't criticize people for unrealistic requests either. unlike somebody here...
Haha, you don't know my definition of "realistic" when it comes to personal requests. I'd call Baby Yoshi a stretch, but they do actually exist so I'd let it slide.
And Lucina is basically Marth except with female traits. Which is not even very unique on it's own given how feminine Marth was.
Visually, in Awakening (A game Marth appeared in too), yes I can agree with that. But this logic fails when you consider her appearance in Super Smash Brothers. This is something "Too Bigots" tend to forget when they say Ridley's build doesn't fit in Smash.
You're comparing the wrong designs.
If Lucina was to be in Smash For, her design wouldn't change to Shadow Dragon's like Marth's did. Lucina for the most part would be pretty visually different from Marth.

While the two share small design similarities (The primarily blue color scheme, similar cape) the two would be easily identifiable in Smash Brothers with these two distinct designs.
Lucina and Marth share the same role. A person identified as "Marth" with a practically identical sword who is a caped swordsmen for good.
Chrom and Marth share similar roles. Not Lucina.
Besides the two "practically identical swords" are designed pretty differently and Ike is a caped swordsman, confirmed for clone.

Yeah, except I do. Mother 3 is my 3rd favorite game as of recently and I own Fire Emblem Awakening.
So then you decided to completely ignore the fact that Lucina is the only character that has a total of 35 different class possibilities, making having the only Fire Emblem character with a ridiculously high moveset potential, because she pretended to be Marth?
But, OH! I suppose I didn't do my research because my views are contrary to yours. So there must be some bias explanation for it, right??????
I could care less if Lucina, Robin, Chrom, Anna, or even Sothe made it into Smash.
My point is that the character has potential, moreso than her father does. If you've truly played Awakening and don't see that I don't really know what to say on that note.

I think it's clear that the only person who doesn't know what he's talking about is YOU. And it's rather sad watching you mock me on that note.
So then me saying she has the potential to not be a clone suggests that I don't know what I'm talking about?? Okay I guess???
–––

I think you only read the side of the person you agree with who tells you what you want to hear and only my quotes if they are in the comment of that person.
You seem to be partially angry. I never intended to make you angry, just yank your chain a little bit. So I do apologize if I did hurt you in anyway.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

Well, is this PSABR? Yes? Then yes, obviously.

But seriously, yeah. Characters will get in on their own merits, not how well their game sold or for marketing.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

• Two appearances
I never knew leif was female until now, tbh/

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't even want a giant unrealistic roster, take my regular roster and put a row of Rare characters on it and add Rayman, I would be infinitely happy.

Maybe the Happy Mask Salesman as well...

@Ariand/AEM
You won't get through to Saturn, trust me. Trolls can't be reasoned with.

andimidna

Smash Master

• Two appearances
I like Leif. And would've preferred they added a 3rd FE clone in Melee over a 2nd Link in Melee, as that's started a trend of Link clones...
He'd work just fine...but if uniqueness and appearances are the only standards... why not Tiki and Micaiah?
There are a good amount of FE characters that wouldn't use a sword at all, and have had 2 appearances. Leif was considered for Melee, but not for Brawl... even the lord chosen over him for Melee, Roy, didn't even make the Brawl cut (due to time, but that shows where he was on the priority list)...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
You put in....****ing Princess Shokora.....over Shake King.....in a deliberately extended roster?
What in the Hell.
But she can turn into a cat, a G&W copy, a dog, a fist, a pair of giant lips, and a dragon. Can Shake King do dat?

But I don't know why he wasn't included alongside the other Wario characters.

And because he'd apparently be a Marth clone without the phire, if Melee's development is anything to go by.

Sakurai can think of ways to make him unique. Maybe make him borrow some moves from his dad. He probably wouldn't do it, though.

...And speaking of Fire Emblem, what do you guys think about a character who uses a horse/pegasus in battle?

I never knew leif was female until now, tbh/
.....what.

-----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
@Ariel

Sure, but then again you did used to have Baby Yoshi on a roster of yours way back when. :troll:
An idea roster is not a prediction roster.

This is a lie, I have never liked Tomato Sauce. Don't go around spreading rumors!
Too late! The world knows it! :troll:

Visually, in Awakening (A game Marth appeared in too), yes I can agree with that. But this logic fails when you consider her appearance in Super Smash Brothers.
Please tell me you're joking. Because it does just the EXACT opposite of that. Which would be succeeding incredibly.
This is something "Too Bigots" tend to forget when they say Ridley's build doesn't fit in Smash.
Why? Because a character is "Too something" it's automatically bigotry?

If Lucina was to be in Smash For, her design wouldn't change to Shadow Dragon's like Marth's did. Lucina for the most part would be pretty visually different from Marth.
Lucas is pretty visually different from Lucas. Guess he can't be a semi-clone.

While the two share small design similarities (The primarily blue color scheme, similar cape) the two would be easily identifiable in Smash Brothers with these two distinct designs.
Chrom and Marth share similar roles. Not Lucina.
So what? She shares the same role as a character regardless of what her role plot wise is. She's a caped swordsman.

Besides the two "practically identical swords" are designed pretty differently and Ike is a caped swordsman, confirmed for clone.
Ike's sword is heavier and not structured remotely like Marth's. It can't perform all the same actions like Lucina's can. Once Again, stop playing stupid.

So then you decided to completely ignore the fact that Lucina is the only character that has a total of 35 different class possibilities
Once again, Lucas has several different PSI abilities. Because Sakurai doesn't care what PSI abilities he gives him. He WANTED them to be ones that are similar to Ness.

making having the only Fire Emblem character with a ridiculously high moveset potential, because she pretended to be Marth?
Leif's got magic
Lucas has new PSI
Toon Link has several different items

What is your point?

My point is that the character has potential, moreso than her father does.
So do lots of clones. But, that's just how it works.

So then me saying she has the potential to not be a clone suggests that I don't know what I'm talking about?? Okay I guess???
Potential to not be a clone sure. But, when you go around saying that's enough basis to say she'll be a unique character. THEN you don't know what you're talking about.

Because if that were true then Lucas wouldn't share moves with Ness. It's the mere fact that Lucina is BASED on Marth that it wouldn't' be plausible to assume Sakurai would want her NOT to share moves with him if she can. And not only CAN she, but she can EXACTLY the same way Marth can.
You seem to be partially angry. I never intended to make you angry, just yank your chain a little bit. So I do apologize if I did hurt you in anyway.
K, then.

Mario.Man

Smash Rookie
...And speaking of Fire Emblem, what do you guys think about a character who uses a horse/pegasus in battle?

-----
I'd be all for that. He/she could even be a transition character if he/she rode a normal horse. Start on the horse with one moveset, sacrifice the horse for a recovery like Yoshi in SMW and get a new moveset... er... maybe a pegasus rider would work better.

Though its fun to think about, I don't find it all that likely.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Saturn is the thedivinedeity? Since when, exactly?
The whole time. :troll:
No need to start anything, lets keep this thread classy and sophisticated.
Oh don't worry, he's ignoring me, he can't see my posts. Not starting anything at all, just warning that an argument with Saturn will only end badly.

So, how about that Fox not getting attacked for once?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
One idea I could see for Lucina is her drawing from her potential mothers in terms of moveset in a sort of reference to the marriage system as in the game, she inherits the classes of her mothers. So what they could do is reference each in a set of moves like having magic available for Down B to reference Maribelle.

To be honest, I would've preferred him to Roy as I find him more interesting as a character but c'est la vie...

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
It's pretty damn similar. Who cares? Roy's sword is different from Marth's too. But, it's practically the same type of sword.

Do you not read? Yes.
I'd rather not have the snark right now. Considering I'm having to battle with horrid internet wireless internet right now until I can get another ethernet cord, I'm struggling to navigate as it is. It's literally taken over half an hour of trying now to respond to this, which is why this is such a late response. In short, no, I didn't get to read, but thank you for answering regardless.

Would it be out of the question for the possibility of Lucina using a Stance Changing mechanic? That on its own would make her unique. Given, that could be applied to most Fire Emblem characters and I'm not in support of Lucina herself, but it'd be a unique moveset in Smash Bros. regardless and I can at least acknowledge the potential for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom