• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As well as Bowser, Peach, Wario, Sonic, Dedede, Meta Knight...
We could argue if popularity was the only thing that got the above characters in, but it was definitely a force. If it wasn't, then I don't think Sakurai would've done character polls to begin with. Popularity is very helpful. If it wasn't then I don't think Ridley or K. Rool would be likely at all, and we would not have Sonic.
Sorry, but Sakurai did POLLS? Were these those Japanese polls people here allude to?

........How did Skull Kid do? Before he was an assist trophy? *Now, I know that Skull Kid 'never had a chance', I'm just curious, that's all.*

D

Deleted member

Like, forfeiting both a Fire Emblem character AND Shulk? Why's that?
I don't have any attachments to either.

No matter what happens with Fire Emblem, ******** and fights are going to break out. And none of the options are anyone I particularly care for.

As for Shulk, I have nothing against him really; he's just not someone who interests me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ike, I can't understand. Shulk... maaayyybbe...

Maybe in a perfect world, we can have Ridley AND Skulk, AND Ike, AND Skull Kid, AND Sonic AND Snake AND K. Rool, AND Mr. Handafuda :troll:, AND Anna, AND......etc.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ah. Well that's understandable. I think I've lost my attachment to Chrom because any sword character from FE is bound to be semi clonish.

Shulk on the other hand? Honestly Golden I think you might like what he has to offer. I'm not gonna go all Impa propaganda on you, but I really think he could be more unique than a lot of people give him credit for.

D

Deleted member

Ike, I can't understand. Shulk... maaayyybbe...

Maybe in a perfect world, we can have Ridley AND Skulk, AND Ike, AND Skull Kid, AND Sonic AND Snake AND K. Rool, AND Mr. Handafuda :troll:, AND Anna, AND......etc.
Fire Emblem Newcomer.

Ah. Well that's understandable. I think I've lost my attachment to Chrom because any sword character from FE is bound to be semi clonish.
Shulk on the other hand? Honestly Golden I think you might like what he has to offer. I'm not gonna go all Impa propaganda on you, but I really think he could be more unique than a lot of people give him credit for.
Like I said in the edit, I have nothing against Shulk. I just am not interested in him.
Sure, he can be epic with the available Monado Arts, but he's not someone that really appeals to me, if you understand.

EDIT: Double post.

EDIT 2: Kind of pointless to merge a post I pretty much edited into the first one, mods.
Next time, delete the post that says "EDIT: Double post".

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Fire Emblem Newcomer.

Like I said in the edit, I have nothing against Shulk. I just am not interested in him.
Sure, he can be epic with the available Monado Arts, but he's not someone that really appeals to me, if you understand.

EDIT: Double post.
Double post taken care of.

Yeah that's understandable. Not everybody likes every character. I personally just see Shulk as one of the more unique sword wielders at the moment. Honestly, I think a wee bit of the butthurt I would feel from his exclusion could be fixed if they include a few music tracks from Xenoblade. I don't know if you've heard anything from it, but it's one of the best soundtracks from a game that I've experienced in awhile.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Sorry, but Sakurai did POLLS? Were these those Japanese polls people here allude to?

........How did Skull Kid do? Before he was an assist trophy? *Now, I know that Skull Kid 'never had a chance', I'm just curious, that's all.*
Yup, you can find the pre-Melee poll (as well as a bunch of other stuff) in this thread:
smashboards.com/threads/smash-development-history-updated-1-3.324410/unread

But now I'm doubting myself on the pre-Brawl poll. That may have just been something I heard. Don't quote me on "polls."

D

Deleted member

Double post taken care of.

Yeah that's understandable. Not everybody likes every character. I personally just see Shulk as one of the more unique sword wielders at the moment. Honestly, I think a wee bit of the butthurt I would feel from his exclusion could be fixed if they include a few music tracks from Xenoblade. I don't know if you've heard anything from it, but it's one of the best soundtracks from a game that I've experienced in awhile.
Music is something I can agree on. I'm also fine with a Shulk AT or the Monado being an item if he isn't playable.
I'm also fine with Shulk being playable. It's just that I wouldn't care if he wasn't either.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd say, right now my current list of most wanted characters would be.
  1. Snake returning.
  2. Actual Ganondorf.
  3. King K. Rool
  4. Ridley
  5. Krystal
  6. Takamaru
  7. Lip
  8. Pac-Man
  9. Mewtwo
  10. Roy I guess.
I don't particularly push for Mewtwo (he's got enough support anyway, right?) though he was my favorite Smash Pokemon. I'm not terribly big on them though.
King K. Rool is still my most wanted newcomer, but I actually like Ganondorf more, and I am saddened by his terrible Smash incarnation.
I'd also sooner see Snake return than even seeing Ridley join, though that's probably just me. Snake detractors are worse than the toobigots.
Everyone below Ridley are my "lesser" supported, and yes, I do actually want Pac-Man.
Roy is there because he's our boy. Well I didn't want to stop at nine instead of ten.
The Salesman would be above Takamaru if he had a shot.
I also have two choices that would be above even Snake on my list, but I know they will never happen so I push them aside. Poor Banjo.

Honorable mentions to Palutena, Shulk, and Chrom, who I have on my roster. Though I don't care about Chrom at all.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Music is something I can agree on. I'm also fine with a Shulk AT or the Monado being an item if he isn't playable.
I'm also fine with Shulk being playable. It's just that I wouldn't care if he wasn't either.
My only issues with Shulk being an AT is that it wouldn't properly represent him (although that's debatable), and the Monado can't properly be used by regular people. Shulk can use it based on who he is. Not just anybody can use it.

But I'm not going to argue with you, because it's not like we're legit disagreeing here. It's just a minor nitpick that could end up happening anyway.

So about that Dunsparce...:troll:

D

Deleted member

Maybe the Monado can't be used by regular people in Xenoblade canon, but all's fair in Smash. :troll:
Just look at Lip's Stick. Shouldn't it only be usable by Lip? :awesome:

But yeah....
No Dunsparce. Hawlucha. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Seems the topic should be changed.

How about Agumon/Greymon? :awesome:

"Namco Bandai" now switching to the Japanese name "Bandai Namco" in 'Murica has to mean something. :troll:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
[a

"Namco Bandai" now switching to the Japanese name "Bandai Namco" in 'Murica has to mean something. :troll:
I agree, but which one should get in? Regular Agumon and Greymon? Geogreymon? Headphones Greymon? Teacher Agumon?

...Evil Teacher Agumon?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Just give me Marth and Anna and we'll be done with Fire Emblem characters. :smirk:
Throw Ike in quickly and subdue the masses, Blue.

I can actually understand the marketing appeal behind Anna at least. She's without a doubt going to continue to show up through the FE games giving a character to anchor the series too.

Not that we necessarily need that, but she is one of the few consistents in the series.

I agree, but which one should get in? Regular Agumon and Greymon? Geogreymon? Headphones Greymon? Teacher Agumon?

...Evil Teacher Agumon?
You forgot ToyAgumon, BlackAgumon, SnowAgumon and ClearAgumon(who is actually just Toy Agumon but translucent).

Also clearly Etemon would need to be an assist if Digimon were ever considered.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

The classic Agumon evolving throughout the battle could actually be a pretty good concept. Not that it's going to happen, and hell, if we need our Digimon Smash fix there's always Rumble Arena 2, but it'd still be great to finally have the Greymon vs Charizard battle that I always wanted in my childhood.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The hell did I just stumble into? Eh, doesn't matter. Anyone feel like discussing Saki? He could be another Assist Trophy that ends up playable.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Isa Jo would make more sense if it wasn't for the fact Saki has relevance on both games. On the other hand, Isa Jo is a character that I could see in future S&P games.

I mean guns, a jetpack, a laser sword, what else can you ask for? Wait those all sound like a certain most wanted character of mine. Oops.

Still, even without a character, there's MANY viable choices for a stage (stage 5! STAGE 5.) AND at least music.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Every time I see @ Malcolm Belmont Malcolm Belmont 's name I'm reminded of how awesome it would be to see Castlevania's Simon Belmont in the game. Jumpin' around, whipping stuff, throwing axes and holy water....
C'mon Snake. Invite your buddy into the brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom