• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
OMG dis gaem is reysist! Final boss eez not white!
Actually the Punch-Out!! series has never had a pale or standardly "white" final boss. Mike Tyson and Mr. Dream for the original. INCREDIBLY Tanned Super Macho Man in Super Punch-Out!! The Wii relaunch had two final bosses, Mr. Sandman and then DK himself. Then, of course, is Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! as the Club Nintendo Exclusive Wiiware title which only had one person you could fight. :^)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually the Punch-Out!! series has never had a pale or standardly "white" final boss. Mike Tyson and Mr. Dream for the original. INCREDIBLY Tanned Super Macho Man in Super Punch-Out!! The Wii relaunch had two final bosses, Mr. Sandman and then DK himself. Then, of course, is Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! as the Club Nintendo Exclusive Wiiware title which only had one person you could fight. :^)
That last one proves Doc deserves more than taunts and victory screens

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That last one proves Doc deserves more than taunts and victory screens
I still wish Doc had something similar to the Palutena Guidance but instead on Boxing Ring while talking about various characters or atleast have Doc talk to Palutena like Chrom did

....Gonna flat out say it. I completely forgot about Nick Bruiser. I don't know why. But in fact, that just further proves my point =P
lets be honest. no one remembers this guy. I couldnt even remember his name and just typed "final boss"

where the hell is masked muscle?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I still wish Doc had something similar to the Palutena Guidance but instead on Boxing Ring while talking about various characters or atleast have Doc talk to Palutena like Chrom did
I remember seeing someone do that for loads of potential characters "Watch out for Ridley, dodge his attacks or you'll be this dragon's dinner" was one I can remember

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
lets be honest. no one remembers this guy. I couldnt even remember his name and just typed "final boss"

Half of the cast of Super Punch-Out is better left forgotten. I don't think a fat boxing clown was really a necessity.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Here are some of the things I'd love to see in a new Punch-Out!! game:
  1. More playable characters outside of Little Mac, so that people can actually play as their favourites like Glass Joe, King Hippo or Soda Popinski
  2. An Arcade mode like your traditional fighter, and have them go through the World Video Boxing Association Tournament
  3. A female boxer would also be a great idea, and I know @Wintropy would love to see them being the main character or even Little Mac's daughter!
I also heard about the Ashley moveset where she de-buffs her opponents with status effects and the like - that would be a really unique concept for a fighter!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

In all fairness, it's hard to take a final boss seriously when their only canonical loss was to the easiest fight/worst fighter in any of the games.

<3 you still, Glass Joe.

Also, I thought I would snazzy up the title a bit.~

D

Deleted member

Actually the Punch-Out!! series has never had a pale or standardly "white" final boss. Mike Tyson and Mr. Dream for the original.
....how is Mr. Dream not "white"? Just because he comes from "Dreamland"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am not sure what sort of special gimmick they are going to give Roy, but am feeling that they will give him something to stand out. A semi-clone as Falco or Lucas would be awesome, but even if he plays mostly as Marth and Lucina, I think they'll just give him something to stand out, like his Neutral B being unchanged from Melee and call it a day? They did the same with :4drmario: basically.

D

Deleted member

All created by Monolith Soft though, same as Xenogears, even if they were not Monolith Soft at the time. They are very much considered a meta-series by most people due to the talent involved in their creation, the reoccurring theme and plot elements, and even the similarities in characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xeno_(series)
http://www.giantbomb.com/xeno/3025-2509/
Regardless, Xenosaga isn't really associated with Nintendo outside of one obscure, Japan-exclusive DS compilation of demakes of Xenosaga I & II and appearances by KOS-MOS and T-ELOS in Project X Zone and a few other minor crossovers on Nintendo's handhelds.

KOS-MOS would be just as out of place as Snake in a Nintendo all-stars game, but still, I would be thrilled to see Shulk teaming up with or duking it out against his spiritual predecessor.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I know I'm gonna play Roy more than 80% of the newcomers in Smash 4 anyway, so am quite excited for him back. Wolf and Lucas also will be intensively played.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I know I'm gonna play Roy more than 80% of the newcomers in Smash 4 anyway, so am quite excited for him back. Wolf and Lucas also will be intensively played.
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves now.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Warning Received
Anyone excited for Roy?
I'm psyched for his return and I don't give a flying crap about what any of the haters say. As far as i'm concerned, they can go suck a d*ck.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pichu is better than Bowser and Kirby in Melee.

And seeing Pikachu is a clear Top Tier in this game... Pichu would probably be Mid Tier at worst?

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Anyone excited for Roy?
I like Marth's moveset. Don't like the tipper though. But I want more damage from Lucina. So Roy is like the middle ground of both. I'll be pretty hyped for him if he doesn't get much of change. That and I think he's one of my favorite designs for a FE lord.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves now.
No am actually serious. I supported Lucas getting into Brawl after playing Mother 3, so it's logical that I'll be playing him a lot. Wolf, I just missed terribly in this game and think he'd be a serious treat with his old moveset in this game. Roy is basically my only chance to play a good version of Marth, so yeah... All these characters indeed excite me more than most newcomers.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No am actually serious. I supported Lucas getting into Brawl after playing Mother 3, so it's logical that I'll be playing him a lot. Wolf, I just missed terribly in this game and think he'd be a serious treat with his old moveset in this game. Roy is basically my only chance to play a good version of Marth, so yeah... All these characters indeed excite me more than most newcomers.
That's not quite what I meant. It's only natural that you'd be excited for the prospect of playing as some of your favorite characters.

But you said that you will play Wolf extensively. As if it's certain that he'll return.

I understand that he's very likely, and I expect him to return, but even so, he's not guaranteed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom