• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't really think of the amount of games when it comes to Xenoblade, it already has earned a second character IMO with the very promising Xenoblade X game.
Could it be the fact that it's often compared as the Mother of the Modern era except it actually got a good footing thanks to the power of the internet?
But honestly, as someone who spent over 100 hours to get through all of Chronicles to get every quest possible on a first run through, max affinity in the party, full colony 6 restoration, etc etc. It certainly is a game with enough awe power that it and a sequel of 70% of the original's quality is more than warranted for a second smash character... my problem is not "Should Xenoblade have a second character in Smash?" It's moreso "Is there anyone from X that really is that striking for creatvity for the roster." Cross... comes off as generic to me, and we haven't seen enough of the other party members to really judge yet as we've been shown off a lot of the world and snippets of story more than real combat.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think people who are anticipating two characters out of a series with two games are overextending their expectations a bit too far.
You may never know. Three game franchises like Kid Icarus and Mother have plenty of characters in spite of their size. Technically speaking, Star Fox only had two games (Star Fox on SNES and Star Fox 64), and yet it had two characters in Melee (though technically :falcomelee: was added because they wanted to add some extra clone characters, but eh).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You may never know. Three game franchises like Kid Icarus and Mother have plenty of characters in spite of their size. Technically speaking, Star Fox only had two games (Star Fox on SNES and Star Fox 64), and yet it had two characters in Melee (though technically :falcomelee: was added because they wanted to add some extra clone characters, but eh).
3. Star Fox had 3. Granted one wasn't released but it was a fully finished game

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
@ Burruni Burruni
Exactly why I think it should get another character.
If there's nothing Sakurai is impressed with some of the main X characters, he can just go back to look for characters in the first title and pick Melia or Fiora. (Who I think have slightly more potential.)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I want to see the second Xenoblade rep be a Nopon. I just like the idea of playing as one in Smash and they're going to be like the mascots of Xenoblade from here on out probably.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I want to see the second Xenoblade rep be a Nopon. I just like the idea of playing as one in Smash and they're going to be like the mascots of Xenoblade from here on out probably.
That reminds me of something that irks the hell out of me. The Monado is used as the Xenoblade emblem. What about a character from a Xenoblade game without the Monado? X seems to reference it with the girl's hairclips but it's likely going to stay as that

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't really think of the amount of games when it comes to Xenoblade, it already has earned a second character IMO with the very promising Xenoblade X game.
So XCX simply existing is enough to have it merit a second character? It's not even out yet. We're not dealing with Pokemon here. It's sure to be a good game, but that's not an uncommon statement when dealing with Nintendo.

First of all, all those series you mention have the number they do due to clones, which is a different story. Unless someone important picks up the Monado again in XCX I think we can count that possibility out.

So there's never been two original characters from a series with two games. For that matter, there's never been an equal amount of original characters as games in the series. Why is Xenoblade so special as to break the mold? Yeah we got Shulk, but, despite what people think, we were lucky to get him. He was not the "sure thing" people pretend he was, anybody who was here prior to Gematsu can attest to that. Xenoblade was a sleeper hit, but the series is still small and niche. It's not a triple-A series, it's pretty unlikely it gets a one-for-one treatment in Smash when such a thing barely exists in the first place.

@ Burruni Burruni
Exactly why I think it should get another character.
If there's nothing Sakurai is impressed with some of the main X characters, he can just go back to look for characters in the first title and pick Melia or Fiora. (Who I think have slightly more potential.)
:laugh:

Sure and let's go back and pick Kumatora and Caeda and Midna and Zoroark while we're at it. xD

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That reminds me of something that irks the hell out of me. The Monado is used as the Xenoblade emblem. What about a character from a Xenoblade game without the Monado? X seems to reference it with the girl's hairclips but it's likely going to stay as that
Well, the Fire Emblem's... emblem is Marth's sword.

:231:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Falchion is iconic to the franchise as it doesn't break, and FE had 5 games at that point, Marth and likely the Falchion being in at least 2
I wouldn't say that. It doesn't get mentioned at all in the games where it doesn't appear. (It's possible to play the entire GBA, GC and Wii games without knowing that it even exists.) Whereas the Xenoblade emblem at least has a cameo in XCX.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I wouldn't say that. It doesn't get mentioned at all in the games where it doesn't appear. (It's possible to play the entire GBA, GC and Wii games without knowing that it even exists.) Whereas the Xenoblade emblem at least has a cameo in XCX.

Neither does the titular Fire Emblem. Falchion is still unique as it doesn't break. Man/Sol Katti, Wolf Beil and the Sword of Seals can break, Falchion and I think Ragnell can't though. Then there's the title of FE1: Shadow dragon and the sword of light

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly.... I want to take a bit of a perspective turn from our norm here. Instead of going about who we think is more likely to be included via planned DLC or ballot... let's look at where there's even the potential from here, considering how some bicker about the so-called drop in character quality.

:4mario:: Besides Toad (most likely super-ceded by Captain Toad), the only other ways Mario can expand are character who exist solely in the spin-offs (Waluigi/Daisy/Birdo/E.Gadd), the minor reoccurring mini-bosses (Kamek/Boom-Boom/Pom-Pom), or RPG series (Fawful/Paper Mario).
:4yoshi:: Excluding those shared by the Mario series, we either have the Baby versions of Mario Characters, or some kind of marked Shy Guy who uses the various tools his kind have across the series.
:4dk:: Dixie, Cranky, K. Rool.
:4wario2:: Captain Syrup is the only reoccurring character.
:4wario:: Ashley, Kat & Ana, and Mona are the only real ones with following. 9-Volt as an ace if there was a token character based around the hardware of Nintendo's history.
:4kirby:: After Bandana Dee, the only characters to have more than 1 game's role are the Animal Friends, Galactica Knight, Dyna Blade, Daroach, and Dark Matter /as a concept/.
:4link:: Ganon, then Impa, then... Toon Zelda/Tetra. Beyond that, you get to characters on par of Vaati or even TINGLE.
:4pikachu:: If the past has been any indication, you're either a 'chu, an anime/film significant pokemon, or a starter. Genuinely may be the best series for expansion by the very nature of it.
:4fox:: Wolf as a Veteran, Krystal... Slippy as a joke... and then even series fans run out of suggestions.
:4samus:: Ridley or Dark Samus are the only 2 real choices until the series starts expanding on repeating characters.
:4ness:: Dead until further notice. Sad but it's the case.
:4falcon:: Almost as bad as :4ness:, but has been teased for revival with Nintendoland and MK8.
:4marth:: Only :4marth::4myfriends:and:4robinm:have had a role for more than one game. Unless you're a Marth clone, try to stick around. Occasional outcries for Lyn, Micaiah, or other one-off protagonists will always linger. SECTION EDIT: The only ones with enough importance and appearances in the series to break this mold would either be Anna (12 of 13 games present) and Tiki (Marth's games + Awakening, very popular, and represents an entire race/unit type incredibly key to the series.
:4pit:: People can dispute about Viridi, Hades, or Medusa. :4darkpit:has better chances getting an overhaul. As Sakurai plans no Uprising 2, we may be waiting another 25 years for a game.
:4olimar::4wiifit::4littlemac:: Encompasses everything you really can for their series.
:4villager:: Isabelle or Tom Nook in Smash 5 are the only two real routes, depending on how the cast evolves and stays the same.
:4mii:/:4miif:: More archetypes like Theif, Magician, or Archer may come.
:4shulk:: Got fairly lucky as is, namely relies on how XCX performs before being able to say anything.
Retro: Your chances are best if you're relatable to a specific kind of notable Hardware. Otherwise it's anyone's guess.
Other One-character Series: After Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, and Splatoon... the demand goes to Advance Wars, assist trophies, Chibi Robo, or the other Operation Rainfall titles.
:4sonic:/Sega: I don't see a second Sonic character coming until Nintendo buys SEGA. Sega really doesn't have a 2nd worthy IP. Best hopes probably lie on an SMT character through Atlus like Jack Frost.
:4pacman:/Bandai-Namco: The best shot, and a long one, is a Tales of Character
3rd Party: Konami and Square are the only real ones with enough Nintendo history to really put their hat in who aren't entirely held by a direct competitor or only have a fairly minor Indie character.

Anyone want to cite where I'm missing some sleeper champions for Nintendo?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Honestly.... I want to take a bit of a perspective turn from our norm here. Instead of going about who we think is more likely to be included via planned DLC or ballot... let's look at where there's even the potential from here, considering how some bicker about the so-called drop in character quality.

:4mario:: Besides Toad (most likely super-ceded by Captain Toad), the only other ways Mario can expand are character who exist solely in the spin-offs (Waluigi/Daisy/Birdo/E.Gadd), the minor reoccurring mini-bosses (Kamek/Boom-Boom/Pom-Pom), or RPG series (Fawful/Paper Mario).
:4yoshi:: Excluding those shared by the Mario series, we either have the Baby versions of Mario Characters, or some kind of marked Shy Guy who uses the various tools his kind have across the series.
:4wario:: Ashley, Kat & Ana, and Mona are the only real ones with following. 9-Volt as an ace if there was a token character based around the hardware of Nintendo's history.
:4kirby:: After Bandana Dee, the only characters to have more than 1 game's role are the Animal Friends, Galactica Knight, Dyna Blade, Daroach, and Dark Matter /as a concept/.
:4link:: Ganon, then Impa, then... Toon Zelda/Tetra. Beyond that, you get to characters on par of Vaati or even TINGLE.
:4pikachu:: If the past has been any indication, you're either a 'chu, an anime/film significant pokemon, or a starter. Genuinely may be the best series for expansion by the very nature of it.
:4fox:: Wolf as a Veteran, Krystal... Slippy as a joke... and then even series fans run out of suggestions.
:4samus:: Ridley or Dark Samus are the only 2 real choices until the series starts expanding on repeating characters.
:4falcon:: Almost as bad as :4ness:, but has been teased for revival with Nintendoland and MK8.
:4marth:: Only :4marth::4myfriends:and:4robinm:have had a role for more than one game. Unless you're a Marth clone, try to stick around. Occasional outcries for Lyn, Micaiah, or other one-off protagonists will always linger.
:4pit:: People can dispute about Viridi, Hades, or Medusa. :4darkpit:has better chances getting an overhaul. As Sakurai plans no Uprising 2, we may be waiting another 25 years for a game.
:4olimar::4wiifit::4littlemac:: Encompasses everything you really can for their series.
:4villager:: Isabelle or Tom Nook in Smash 5 are the only two real routes, depending on how the cast evolves and stays the same.
:4shulk:: Got fairly lucky as is, namely relies on how XCX performs before being able to say anything.
Retro: Your chances are best if you're relatable to a specific kind of notable Hardware. Otherwise it's anyone's guess.
Other One-character Series: After Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, and Splatoon... the demand goes to Advance Wars, assist trophies, Chibi Robo, or the other Operation Rainfall titles.
:4sonic:/Sega: I don't see a second Sonic character coming until Nintendo buys SEGA. Sega really doesn't have a 2nd worthy IP. Best hopes probably lie on an SMT character through Atlus like Jack Frost.
3rd Party: Konami and Square are the only real ones with enough Nintendo history to really put their hat in who aren't entirely held by a direct competitor or only have a fairly minor Indie character.

FE newcomers are generally main protagonists of the newest games, Marth being an exception due to him being the first of the franchise

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

:4marth:: Only :4marth::4myfriends:and:4robinm:have had a role for more than one game. Unless you're a Marth clone, try to stick around. Occasional outcries for Lyn, Micaiah, or other one-off protagonists will always linger.

For Fire Emblem, You could have sited something for the Black Knight. Hes been in the same amount of Games that Ike has and has possibly the most roles of any fire emblem character that I can name off of the top of my head.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Might want to mention Samurai Goroh andr/or Black Shadow for F-Zero. Although their DLC demand is oddly silent.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Might want to mention Samurai Goroh andr/or Black Shadow for F-Zero. Although their DLC demand is oddly silent.

You won't find anyone who wants them more than me, but with F-Zero dead and buried (:cry:), and their support lacking compared to others, I don't really see the point in voting for them.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So XCX simply existing is enough to have it merit a second character? It's not even out yet. We're not dealing with Pokemon here. It's sure to be a good game, but that's not an uncommon statement when dealing with Nintendo.
Two noticeably extremely polished quality games would certainly impress me and make me think it should get another character. I think Sakurai would probably say the same thing.

So there's never been two original characters from a series with two games.
That can change with DLC. We'll probably never get two original characters from the same franchise in the main game as a second character is because it's likely not a priority, unless there's a character who can be easily made into a clone. With DLC, Sakurai is pretty much free from that and he could potentially change his priority to more Nintendo characters from already represented (niche or not) franchises who have very interesting moveset potential. It's a small chance, but the possibility is there.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

As a Samurai Goroh fan, I can tell you I'm personally silent on his front because his AT frankly doesn't make me hopeful for a promotion this Smash.

Black Shadow was mostly wanted so Ganondorf stopped being a heavier Captain Falcon. Now Ganondorf is confirmed to still be Falcondorf, no one really cares about Black Shadow.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

:4robinm: only counts if you count him as the "Avatar," which I'd argue.

Plus, there ARE a lot more characters with recurring roles. You should cite "main characters" in that regard, because almost every character from FE1 has had more appearances that anyone from any other games.

Everyone from Path of Radiance also appears in Radiant Dawn except Ashnard (and even then, he's heavily involved in the backstory).

Several characters from FE6 appear in FE7, including Eliwood and Hector, Guinevere and Zephiel (minor appearances), and Roy and Lilina briefly appear in the FE7 ending as kids.

Many characters from FE4 appear in FE5, primarily the characters you meet on the Thracia peninsula; namely Leif, Nanna, and Fin of course. Leif is probably the best choice from FE4/5 since he was the main character in 5 and a major character in 4, being the third-most important playable character in FE4's second half after Celiph and Julia (both of whom cameo in 5).

Plus there's Anna who appears in almost every game. Granted, she never plays a major role until Awakening.

Other sleeper champions? 'Eh, I'd argue Lip from Panel de Pon. She's got a decent following, Panel de Pon is a fairly long-running series, and Lip's already got representation in Smash Bros. as well. Its debateable whether she's a retro candidate or whatnot.

Once GS gets its first character, though, there's massive potential for additional characters as the franchise gets bigger.

That's because the biggest reason for requesting Black Shadow was also decloning Ganondorf in the process. Samurai Goroh fell silent because he's an AT.

Neither does the titular Fire Emblem. Falchion is still unique as it doesn't break. Man/Sol Katti, Wolf Beil and the Sword of Seals can break, Falchion and I think Ragnell can't though. Then there's the title of FE1: Shadow dragon and the sword of light
The franchise is called Fire Emblem, though. There's ALWAYS a Fire Emblem in every game. The Fire Emblem isn't always directly in your face or anything, but it always appears in every game. It also varies on what it is from game to game. In some games its not important to the plot, but the shoehorn it in just so it will appear; like in FE7.

It does kinda bug me that the FE emblem in Smash is the falcion, though. I do think it should've been the Fire Emblem instead, even if they just go with one version of the emblem its still a better representation of the series.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_(object)
It appears in every game except Gaiden, and "Gaiden" literally means "side story." Since Gaiden is set on a separate continent from Akanaeia it has nothing to do with the Fire Emblem of that universe.

Burruni

Smash Hero
FE newcomers are generally main protagonists of the newest games, Marth being an exception due to him being the first of the franchise
Yes, but also the fact that Ike's second game was out by the time Brawl was released doesn't disprove my point that all the characters either are Marth, Share Marth's Moveset, or are a/the protagonist for multiple games (:4marth:- FE1/3 & 11/12, :4myfriends: - FE 9/10, :4robinm:representing "my unit"s/tacticians, KINDA FE7, then 12/13 and subsequently 14 with the second defined design who then I'd argue is their own character to judge).

For Fire Emblem, You could have sited something for the Black Knight. Hes been in the same amount of Games that Ike has and has possibly the most roles of any fire emblem character that I can name off of the top of my head.
Honestly, I've seen incredibly little for TBK. That may just be my ignorance.

Give me a new F-Zero game first. Goroh I never heard support for as a full character and Black Shadow boils down to people wanting :4ganondorf:'s moveset on another character so he can have a new moveset for 90% of the reason I've heard him disputed. Since Sakurai clearly won't budge on his main, I excluded Black Shadow.

Edit:
:4robinm: only counts if you count him as the "Avatar," which I'd argue.

Plus, there ARE a lot more characters with recurring roles. You should cite "main characters" in that regard, because almost every character from FE1 has had more appearances that anyone from any other games.

Everyone from Path of Radiance also appears in Radiant Dawn except Ashnard (and even then, he's heavily involved in the backstory).

Several characters from FE6 appear in FE7, including Eliwood and Hector, Guinevere and Zephiel (minor appearances), and Roy and Lilina briefly appear in the FE7 ending as kids.

Many characters from FE4 appear in FE5, primarily the characters you meet on the Thracia peninsula; namely Leif, Nanna, and Fin of course. Leif is probably the best choice from FE4/5 since he was the main character in 5 and a major character in 4, being the third-most important playable character in FE4's second half after Celiph and Julia (both of whom cameo in 5).

Plus there's Anna who appears in almost every game. Granted, she never plays a major role until Awakening.
Don't get me wrong, I'd ADORE Anna and I should edit that part of the list. Tiki arguably fills a similar niche due to her role in Marth's games AND Awakening as basically be the only lasting example of a Manakete. The other cases... I feel like FE 4-8 characters are far too obscure to draw out of for the series unless they get remade. Lyndis and Roy are the only real ones disputed due to their existing roles in smash.

FE 9 and 10, the only four I have ever seen disputed besides Ike, in descending order, are Micaiah, The Black Knight/Zelgius, Sakaki, and Elincia.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

For the following:

:4kirby:: Magalor has also been in more than one game.
:4ness:: Giygas can work. Not only does he appear in multiple games, he's also a villain and he could represent Mother 1, like how Ness represents Mother 2/Earthbound and Lucas represents Mother 3. And yes, he does have a form that he can use in Smash that isn't his look from Earthbound.
:4falcon:: Black Shadow and Samurai Goroh work.
:4marth:: Besides protagonists, Anna and Tiki work. Anna is practically the series' mascot character and Tiki represents a major part of Fire Emblem, being the Manaketes/Transformers sides of Fire Emblem, since a big majority of Fire Emblem games have a character that transforms into a dragon.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, I've seen incredibly little for TBK. That may just be my ignorance.
I don't see it as your ignorance. I barely see much for Black Knight at all.

Give me a new F-Zero game first. Goroh I never heard support for as a full character and Black Shadow boils down to people wanting :4ganondorf:'s moveset on another character so he can have a new moveset for 90% of the reason I've heard him disputed. Since Sakurai clearly won't budge on his main, I excluded Black Shadow.
This is exactly the reason Black Shadow was requested.

Don't get me wrong, I'd ADORE Anna and I should edit that part of the list. Tiki arguably fills a similar niche due to her role in Marth's games AND Awakening as basically be the only lasting example of a Manakete. The other cases... I feel like FE 4-8 characters are far too obscure to draw out of for the series unless they get remade. Lyndis and Roy are the only real ones disputed due to their existing roles in smash.
Agreed. I see little chance of Tiki happening since she appears in basically the exact games Marth appears in. Our best bet for a new FE character is either Anna, or a new main/major protagonist in a future FE title. (I also see little chance of manaketes being made playable to begin with.)

Burruni

Smash Hero
For the following:

:4kirby:: Magalor has also been in more than one game.
:4ness:: Giygas can work. Not only does he appear in multiple games, he's also a villain and he could represent Mother 1, like how Ness represents Mother 2/Earthbound and Lucas represents Mother 3. And yes, he does have a form that he can use in Smash that isn't his look from Earthbound.
:4falcon:: Black Shadow and Samurai Goroh work.
:4marth:: Besides protagonists, Anna and Tiki work. Anna is practically the series' mascot character and Tiki represents a major part of Fire Emblem, being the Manaketes/Transformers sides of Fire Emblem, since a big majority of Fire Emblem games have a character that transforms into a dragon.
The only thing that separates Magalor from Marx, Queen Sectonia, Dark Mind, Zero, or O2 is the fact he had a mini-game in Dream Collection. I won't merit this enough to put him above them in a tier.

Gigue would basically be Mewtwo, Giygas is more of an intangible fear than a proper fighter. But considering how little Mother is being touched at all both in Smash and out of it, I won't merit him nor Claus/MaskedMan, Porky, or any of the party members.

Anna and Tiki, I admit, were oversights. As stated before I'll edit the original list.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
In all fairness both Goroh and Black Shadow were decently popular pre-AT and Ganondorf reveal. They tended to rank around the same area as Waluigi in terms of want, who was also pretty popular pre-AT.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
King Boo would be a nice character addition, considering his position of prominence with both Mansion games and regular Mario games. Lots of ghost summoning, illusions, spiky balls, flickering around the stage, all the fixings.

Also, Luigi's Mansion is a two game series, therefore it deserves two McReps.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
As far as I'm concerned I won't be fully happy until......
Golden Sun has at least one rep
Advance Wars has at least one rep
Battalion Wars has at least one rep

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aren't Battalion Wars and Advance Wars both part of the same series?

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Those last two- aren't they pretty much in the same series, in a spin off sense?
Also, does anyone think they could put in Sami without breaking Sakurai's "no realistic guns" rule? (And don't say "Sakurai breaks his rules" because breaking this rule could potentially mess up the age rating.)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
King Boo would be a nice character addition, considering his position of prominence with both Mansion games and regular Mario games. Lots of ghost summoning, illusions, spiky balls, flickering around the stage, all the fixings.

I think King Boo would have a cool concept, being the only undead character that has a chance of being a positively received character. The only other undead characters are Dry bones, Dry Bowser, and Sir Daniel. Sir Daniel would obviously be hated, Dry Bowser would be accused of being a clone(whether he is or not.), and Dry bones... No. King Boo could have an interesting gimmick and I would like to see what they would do with him.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Two noticeably extremely polished quality games would certainly impress me and make me think it should get another character. I think Sakurai would probably say the same thing.
That basically describes 95% of the games Nintendo puts out.

That can change with DLC. We'll probably never get two original characters from the same franchise in the main game as a second character is because it's likely not a priority, unless there's a character who can be easily made into a clone. With DLC, Sakurai is pretty much free from that and he could potentially change his priority to more Nintendo characters from already represented (niche or not) franchises who have very interesting moveset potential. It's a small chance, but the possibility is there.
Just because something might happen doesn't inherently mean there's much of a basis to think it actually will. If you want to play the "that can change with DLC" game I could list off countless things that go against precedent with just as much foundation as the possibility of another Xenoblade character. An unsubstantiated hypothetical situation isn't likely to happen just because it could happen. Because then you could say that about any unsubstantiated hypothetical situation which could happen.

And again, "more Nintendo characters from already represented franchises who have very interesting moveset potential" can apply to all existing series, there's nothing special about Xenoblade to make it stand above the rest.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ninten would be the next best choice from EarthBound, seeing as he's the only protagonist to not be playable yet. I could see him as sort of a joke character where he has no offensive special moves, but instead uses stuff like this.
http://www.wikibound.info/wiki/Hypnosis
http://www.wikibound.info/wiki/QuickUp
http://www.wikibound.info/wiki/Teleport
http://www.wikibound.info/wiki/Lifeup
http://www.wikibound.info/wiki/PowerShield
My only problem with Ninten is that he looks so similar to Ness that even being an alt would confuse people in battle.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
My only problem with Ninten is that he looks so similar to Ness that even being an alt would confuse people in battle.
I was gonna mention :4darkpit:, but then I realized you can tell him apart from:4pit: because if you listen carefully you can hear Linkin Park playing when you get near him.

Kumatora and porky >ness ninten

nobody here has played batallion wars I guess. . .

batallion wars is a 3rd person shooter with tactical elements (ordering fellow troop classes around) that had 2 games to my knowledge. both were really fun. no ties to advance wars or IS

also Xenoblade chronicles is my 2nd favorite game ever. XCX is my most wanted game of the year. I dont think Xenoblade "deserves a rep". (I hate reps still) it has 2 games right now and is extremely new. 2nd one might not even sell that well being tied down with the wii u and being a JRPG

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger

Two chicken McReps with a side of fries is my favorite fast food.

Also, if Oprah was in charge of roster picking, EVERY SERIES WILL GET A REP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom