• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@BKoopa666

Do you still see K. Rool as real potential for DLC? I'd love for the guy to get in, so I'm interested on your opinions.
Short answer, yes, longer answer, yes, but with his actual chances depending on a number of factors.

Factors including but not limited to whether DLC beyond Mewtwo (or cut veterans) will happen, what approach is taken in making DLC newcomers (advertising, fan support, developer ideas, cut newcomers, a mixture), maybe even how long Nintendo intends to push SSB4 (since K. Rool could show up in a new game, but at the point where he'd be saved for SSB5 instead).

I'd rate his chances as middling at this point. The long-awaited return of six of the nine games starring him as main villain to the VC after a three-year hiatus can't hurt matters, even if they aren't technical new appearances.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
On this current K. Rool discussion, I'd say he's got among the better chances. There's numerous games that could be in development right now that are DK-related and could feature Rool. Nintendo plans on both more spinoffs based on top Nintendo franchises, and on more 3DS remakes. DK can easily fall into both categories. K. Rool is also very popular as well.

Obviously, if no more DLC happens, well, it won't happen. But if it does happen, then the odds of K. Rool are pretty decent overall.

Whenever people talk about parties outside of a birthday context, it usually doesn't end well.:awesome:

I think Isaac might get in just off of the huge wave of requests he has combined with unique moveset potential and having one of the highest selling games on the GBA, second party be darned.

I could easily be wrong, though. I'll just wait these next 5 or so years and see.:upsidedown:
In the case of Isaac, this depends on whether or not a new GS is in development. DK isn't going anyway anytime soon, and K. Rool is most likely coming back in a future title. GS is more questionable, but its among the more likely franchises to continue. If more DLC happens and GS4 is in development, Isaac's chances are very good. Otherwise there's no chance at all. It really all boils down to GS4 happening (which I think will).

Technically, Nintendo doesn't even really need Camelot to do a new game, or they could have Camelot provide some help and another developer does the game.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I want a new signature icons thread. I miss having it around

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Now this looks like a job for me, cause we need a little controversy. It's 3AM here, so excuse any typos or poor wording.

Palutena and the Miis being the only ones to get true custom moves is bad design. Saddling every other cast member with variations of their normal moves is completely ridiculous and a missed opportunity if I've ever seen one. While some of them can really help certain characters (:4ganondorf:) it feels like the entire mechanic was halfassed for 90% of the cast. Why not let Mario use the Rocket Nozzle to recover? How about his cape, or a P-Balloon? Why does he absolutely have to jump? To use Sakurai's food service analogy, its almost be like giving 4 out of 48 people what they ordered, and everybody else the same thing with maybe a little more or less parsley for different people and no choice as to what they'd get. And I get it, making true customs for 48 unique characters would be a huge time/resource sink. That's undeniable (though I'd rather they had developed that than an inferior version of the same game). So, why add the feature at all if only four characters can really utilize it to the fullest? What about everybody else? Were they not important enough? The Miis and Palutena outside of customs have extremely generic movesets. I don't like how a game that claimed uniqueness was so important for newcomers has four characters where the only thing that makes them unique is that they had more time spent developing their moves.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If they want to add a character that'll get people as hyped as possible they should add K. Rool... or find a way to bring back Ice Climbers.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Now this looks like a job for me, cause we need a little controversy. It's 3AM here, so excuse any typos or poor wording.

Palutena and the Miis being the only ones to get true custom moves is bad design. Saddling every other cast member with variations of their normal moves is completely ridiculous and a missed opportunity if I've ever seen one. While some of them can really help certain characters (:4ganondorf:) it feels like the entire mechanic was halfassed for 90% of the cast. Why not let Mario use the Rocket Nozzle to recover? How about his cape, or a P-Balloon? Why does he absolutely have to jump? To use Sakurai's food service analogy, its almost be like giving 4 out of 48 people what they ordered, and everybody else the same thing with maybe a little more or less parsley for different people and no choice as to what they'd get. And I get it, making true customs for 48 unique characters would be a huge time/resource sink. That's undeniable (though I'd rather they had developed that than an inferior version of the same game). So, why add the feature at all if only four characters can really utilize it to the fullest? What about everybody else? Were they not important enough? The Miis and Palutena outside of customs have extremely generic movesets. I don't like how a game that claimed uniqueness was so important for newcomers has four characters where the only thing that makes them unique is that they had more time spent developing their moves.
I agree. Characters like Mario, Link, Kirby and Mega Man could benefit a lot from it, given the large amount of power-up and items they have used over the years. (Though I'm glad they included Beat). I think they'll expand on them more in future games.

:231:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'd like to see K. Rool appear as either DLC or in SSB5. He has a lot of moveset potential.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If they want to add a character that'll get people as hyped as possible they should add K. Rool... or find a way to bring back Ice Climbers.
They did get people hyped... when :4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4bowser::4pit::4villager::4megaman::4wiifit: were confirmed at E3 2013... when :4olimar: was confirmed on July 2013... when :4luigi: was confirmed on August 2013... when :4peach::4tlink: were confirmed on September 2013... when :4sonic: was confirmed on October 2013... when :4marth: was confirmed on November 2013... when :rosalina::4zelda: were confirmed on December 2013... when :4dedede::4lucario: were confirmed on January 2014... when :4littlemac::4diddy: were confirmed on February 2014... when :4zss::4sheik::4yoshi::4charizard::4greninja: were confirmed on April 2014... when :4myfriends: was confirmed on May 2014... when :4mii::4palutena::4pacman: were confirmed at E3 2014... when :4falcon::4lucina::4robinm: were confirmed on July 2014... when :4metaknight: was confirmed on August 2014... oh, and especially when :4ness::4jigglypuff::4gaw::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4rob::4wario::4duckhunt::4bowserjr::4shulk::4darkpit: were leaked... and finally, when :mewtwomelee: was confirmed on November 2014.

But somehow they are not enough to get people hyped?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Looking for more than what you have is fun though. Necessity is the mother of invention, they say.

Smash 4 wouldn't wouldn't have been there if people were satisfied with Brawl. DLC wouldn't sell if people were satisfied with the current roster. Mewtwo wouldn't have been such a big deal.

So, my suggestion is to get out there of Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit, whatever sites there are and ask for more. :awesome:

:231:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even if people did get King K. Rool and Ridley, people will still be not satisfied with the roster... even if they did get all the cut characters from Melee and Brawl in addition to these two villains, people will still be not satisfied with the roster.

I don't think people really want more characters, they just want to experience that hype feeling whenever a character is confirmed. I think the brain releases some chemicals when people feel hyped. And people need that fix. Whenever a final roster is revealed, people get too hyped that the brain releases too much hype chemicals... and that excess hype chemical build-up is not safe so they are released as salty tears.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

I agree, insofar as they could at least be more akin to Mega Man's moves. To wit: similar in function, but distinct in design.

I can already think of how it could work for, say, Wario: Wariomobile and Burnin' Wario for side-b, Spring Wario and Puffy Wario for up-b...the possibilities are endless. It'd also be a nice way to represent Wario Land, which would be killing two birds with one stone!

I'm optimistic, though, and think that customs at least pave the way for more nice opportunities in future. Next game, I'm sure, we'll see more variety - Sakurai's tested the waters to see how they'd work in theory, now he (or whomever may potentially replace him) can build on it next time.

I also quite like Palutena's moveset, bias notwithstanding. Heavenly wings, divine laser beams, staff manipulation and shield-bash moves are pretty cool concepts, I think.

Seriously, she's the only character in the game that fights with a shield and staff. Shields and staves are cool. Diversity in the weapons department is always fun. She's like Captain America, or a Level 99 Dark Souls Sorceror~

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I promised myself that all I needed to be satisfied was Ness, Robin, and Mr. Game and Watch. I guess I'm in the 99th percentile who is completely satisfied with the roster.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I like Palutena's moves, just not her special moves. I do like that she fights with a shield and a staff.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Who knows, maybe we'll get special move DLC instead of character DLC!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Even if people did get King K. Rool and Ridley, people will still be not satisfied with the roster... even if they did get all the cut characters from Melee and Brawl in addition to these two villains, people will still be not satisfied with the roster.

I don't think people really want more characters, they just want to experience that hype feeling whenever a character is confirmed. I think the brain releases some chemicals when people feel hyped. And people need that fix. Whenever a final roster is revealed, people get too hyped that the brain releases too much hype chemicals... and that excess hype chemical build-up is not safe so they are released as salty tears.
I'm not really like that. :p

I just want Lucas and Wolf back and that's it. (It's really my OCD acting up and wanting no franchise drop in number of characters... Plus, I liked those in Brawl.)

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the roster.

Anything else would be a nice bonus, though. I'll buy any and all DLC that comes to Smash 4, after all. I like this series too much to skip on extras. :laugh:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I promised myself that all I needed to be satisfied was Ness, Robin, and Mr. Game and Watch. I guess I'm in the 99th percentile who is completely satisfied with the roster.
This, but replace the above with Palutena.

Shiny cool new Pit, Lucina, Robin, Doc, Junior Ludwig, Wii Fit, Manly!Ike, Shulk, Dorpsbewoner, Mii and Duck Hunt were just delicious icing on the hype cake.

I still think there are plenty more characters that could be added, but I'm optimistic about the future, I'll wait 'til next game if I have to.

TEAM, UNITE UP!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm not really like that. :p

I just want Lucas and Wolf back and that's it. (It's really my OCD acting up and wanting no franchise drop in number of characters... Plus, I liked those in Brawl.)

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the roster.

Anything else would be a nice bonus, though. I'll buy any and all DLC that comes to Smash 4, after all. I like this series too much to skip on extras. :laugh:
I loved Lucas and Wolf too... and Squirtle and Ivysaur too (why do people ignore them? At least they aren't clones)... and I'd gladly get DLC of them if it ever happens... but if it doesn't happen, I'm okay with it too since I'm pretty much satisfied with the roster despite a glaring omissions of Toad, Dixie Kong, and Simon Belmont. But that's what sequels are for.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I'd be fine with just K. Rool. The most deserving and needed character bar none considering his long history with Nintendo. Isaac I feel is deserving of a spot as well, but I'd be fine if I got K. Rool. And there were only about three characters I really wanted (K. Rool, Isaac, Robin), with a few more down the line that would be a nice bonus (Dixie Kong, Ridley, Little Mac, Mega Man).

I was perfectly fine with Brawl's roster. Finally got Diddy Kong, got Sonic, Metaknight, Dedede, Ike, all kinds of great additions.

You can't lump this notion onto everybody. Different people have different characters they want to see. If they're so butthurt over obscure characters, sure, I'll give you that. But most would be content with a few new additions.

However, not EVERYONE is going to be satisfied because everyone has different things they want to see. That is a fact. There's no way to satisfy everyone. But you can satisfy quite a few by including the most popular suggestions, like with Mewtwo and cut veterans. (Though frankly Ridley is "meh" for me. I think he deserves to be playable, but personally I don't care for Metroid that much. He'd be a badass addition, though.)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Please, Mickey Mouse for SSB4 DLC?

That'd be almost as cool as a black and white Pac-Man.
aaaaaaa.gif

I can only blame 3DS limits since it has to be perfect for every character.
If the next gen Smash 5 is console-only (which I kind of doubt now),then they could probably add more uniqueness to the fighters. My only other argument remaining is time constraints. That's really all I have.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey guys, wanna hear a funny joke?
Young Link's chance of being DLC for Smash 4:troll:
I gotta admit. it was pretty impressive that he managed to find his way into Hyrule Warriors, especially considering how everyone and their grandma banked on the likes of Skull Kid (especially Skull Kid), Tingle (who did make it in too) and/ or the Masked Salesman for the Majora's Mask DLC.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, in a way, he's already in Smash 4.

:4tlink:
Well, in a way, we have other items we can use. LOZ : A Link Between Worlds is a thing also,starring a differently designed and totally doesn't look like an adult link with super long sideburns. We can use rods (FIYEAR :4fox:Rod,Ice Rod,Tornado Rod,Sand Rod,etc.) and,uh,masks. That can also work,but I'm more for the rods. Rodney Link confirmed?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

It's unfair to make generalizations, y'know.

We have to treat the question, "Why do you want to see more DLC characters?" on a case-by-case basis, since answers will vary depending on the individual. I mean, I've seen people in different character support threads state that they'd like to see perhaps 3 DLC characters, and some like 10 (lol). It varies.

Am I content with the roster? Well, there are some questionable choices for me, but for the most part I'm fine, especially with the addition of Mewtwo.

Would I like to see more DLC? Sure. It helps increase longevity if anything else.

There are few characters I'd like to see as DLC anyway, mostly for personal reasons.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You can't lump this notion onto everybody. Different people have different characters they want to see. If they're so butthurt over obscure characters, sure, I'll give you that. But most would be content with a few new additions.
This guy knows things.
My only butthurt moment in SSB4's development was no Waluigi, and which I can understand from several of people's arguments, but I still feel today for Waluigi with a unique moveset with both dancing (What? You didn't know Waluigi's purpose in the Mario universe is to become the greatest dancer? You need to go play some Mario DDR m8.) and using items from the Mario world whether they're bob-ombs (with a throwing arc and less damage mind you.), piranha plants, or even taking a Bullet Bill cannon. I feel like he can pull a Moonwalker for a final smash by freezing people from a spotlight, then he does a dance of some sorts, then he sends them flying. I know this doesn't really explain anything about the post, but it shows his point of how some people prefer obscure characters over your regular Ridley and whatnot.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Your reaction: Fewer characters are added to the next Smash Bros., but gameplay mechanics are expanded upon. So basically, unique customs for every character, new gameplay mechanics, etc...

I just thought of a neat idea for a new gameplay mechanic. Grappling. If two fighters try to grab at the same time, you have to button mash to overpower the other player and inflict damage. Or maybe have it activate when you cancel each others attacks a few times in a row. I see people mention "Oh the gameplay will need to be refreshed if they don't reboot it!", which I partially agree with, but not entirely.

Anyway, back to grappling. Depending on your weight class, you have some sort of advantage. If you're light but fast, you inflict damage at a faster but weaker rate, but if you're heavy and strong/slow, you inflict more damage at a slower rate. I just kinda thought that was an off the wall idea that could mix things up.
---------------------

On the character side of things, I hope we see Mewtwo with a trailer or something in the March Direct. I'm very interested in seeing what they've done with him, and I'm considering making him my main if I like him enough. He's one of my favorite Pokemon, so we'll see what happens.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Your reaction: Fewer characters are added to the next Smash Bros., but gameplay mechanics are expanded upon. So basically, unique customs for every character, new gameplay mechanics, etc...

I just thought of a neat idea for a new gameplay mechanic. Grappling. If two fighters try to grab at the same time, you have to button mash to overpower the other player and inflict damage. Or maybe have it activate when you cancel each others attacks a few times in a row. I see people mention "Oh the gameplay will need to be refreshed if they don't reboot it!", which I partially agree with, but not entirely.

Anyway, back to grappling. Depending on your weight class, you have some sort of advantage. If you're light but fast, you inflict damage at a faster but weaker rate, but if you're heavy and strong/slow, you inflict more damage at a slower rate. I just kinda thought that was an off the wall idea that could mix things up.
Well, like I said, I got my favourite characters this time around. I'd be happy for them to expand on what we've already got, yeah.

Not entirely sold on the grappling notion, honestly. I do think it'd be nice to be able to cancel grabs, as in BlazBlue and Skullgirls. Possibly even introduce aerial grabs to mix things up too, y'know?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I still stand by the notion that if Mega Man and Pac-Man switched announcement dates (and maybe Palutena's reveal was pushed forward), we wouldn't have all this "none of the Big Three" nonsense and we would still be talking about "Elite Four"

It's funny that some popular characters of the Elite Four got in, and then we began to talk about the Big Three and we're dissapointed because "none of the Big Three" got in, despite the fact only two Elite Four characters are missing (Three if you count the default roster)

Tl;dr Don't say "none of the Big Three are in", but say: "Two Elite Four characters and Mega Man are in"

Oh and another unpopular opinion:
Mickey Mouse would be the second best newcomer ever. First is ScroogeMcDuck.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh goodie, controversial opinions are starting to become relevant again. Well let's get this salt fest out for the entire world to see.

I'd have preferred Toad over the likes of Rosie Lina and should have had a Mario spinoff rep. But I like Rosalina because she's fly Mario character with a legit backstory despite all of this and Waluigi should have had that well deserved promotion since the beginning.

I also wanted Mona as the next Wario character, because who wouldn't want more of "muh WarioWare bias" in Smash? :troll:

I want King K. Rool AND Dixie because the treatment of Donkey Kong Country is insulting (Durr, let's have over 9000 versions of Jungle Hijinx d of some of the more unique tracks in Smash :rolleyes:)

Doc Louis not having special codecs about describing each fighter was wasted potential, even if Palutena and friends already had that covered.

I want a better Dorf that has all the things he's famous for instead of "Dark Falcon Punch" and "Dark Falcon Dive". Not to mention Zelda should at least have the same amount of characters like Mario since their the Second Banana of the top Nintendo IP's. Give me Tingle, give me Impa, and give me Lana with a Cia alt!

I still think Sakurai should man up add some content from the classic Kirby games that he didn't direct (Kirby's Dreamland 2, 3, and 64). Hell, just give Dark Matter the role as the next Kirby rep since he can easily represent such titles.

I would rather have a playable Hawlucha over the likes of Dororo's lankier cousin any day, but he's a rather fun character to fight against.

I want Wolf back, but I also still want Krystal (Just imagine the salt from hr haters on the Internet).

Despite playing through Awakening and enjoying it, I find Lucina to be blandness incarnate (But still a better character than Lord Crumb). Having a Tiki palette is the only redeeming quality that she had IMO.

I'd absolutely love to see Medusa be playable in any fashion despite her "Hijacked by Ganon" status, I like her more than Trolldes actually. Hooray for more Kid Icarus bias fun!

Duck Hunt is my main, but I'm still sad about Takamaru (Kamiya, pls make a goddamn reboot!).

I loved Mega Man's inclusion in the game, but the lack of anything from Mega Man's 9 & 10 was insulting since these games led him in the right direction instead of Mega Man 8 (Flame Sword is among the worst weapon in the game along with the Water Balloon).

No Deadly Six theme in Windy Hill Zone was a waste.

Pac-Man is the best third party character in history. Fight me Mega Man fanboys!

Sakurai should just have himself a potential successor that he can teach. That way, he can finally take a longer rest from any stressful video game development and the fans can have their endless supply of Smash games until they're older.

I still want Simon Belmont and Black Mage over anyone named Geno, Slime, Goemon, and Snake (That's right, sue me!)

Smash 4 > Every Smash game in existence!.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

---------------------

On the character side of things, I hope we see Mewtwo with a trailer or something in the March Direct. I'm very interested in seeing what they've done with him, and I'm considering making him my main if I like him enough. He's one of my favorite Pokemon, so we'll see what happens.
Wouldn't it be awesome to see Lucas fight Mewtwo...!?

Anyway, I'd be down for air grabs... Leaves you in a free- fall, but is a sure way to net a K.O offstage at high percentage.

I'm surprised we haven't talked about stage DLC yet. We are getting that miiverse stage, after all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wouldn't it be awesome to see Lucas fight Mewtwo...!?

Anyway, I'd be down for air grabs... Leaves you in a free- fall, but is a sure way to net a K.O offstage at high percentage.

I'm surprised we haven't talked about stage DLC yet. We are getting that miiverse stage, after all.
So many choices,so many choices...

I'd like for a first party stage to be Lorule from LOZ: ALbW
For a third party stage,I'd say Radical Highway from SA2.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh, goodie! Generalization time!

"There was hype when we saw the 12 characters in SSB 64! And I personally got who I wanted there, so I'm going act snootily to everyone who dares to not be satisfied! I decree that what I like is objectively satisfying, so stop asking for anything else!"

As far as new gameplay in lieu of new characters goes, it'd have to depend on the characters themselves, since those matter more to me than other aspects of the game. If it nailed the requests this game missed, I'd take to it well enough. Honestly, though, so long as the base gameplay is good, I'd like to see new modes like a King of the Hill or a tag-team battle option first. Also, non-crappy mini-games (Board the Platforms, maybe?).

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not sure I like the idea of extending the game's mechanics all too much. I'm more with BKupa on this one; its about the characters. The game mechanics are solid, they don't need to be changed too much. Custom movesets I feel are a missed opportunity as well.

If they gave every character unique custom movesets I'd be ok with it, but the ones who got them are really quite generic without them. I forgive Mii's only because they're intended to be completely customizable, but Palutena is odd, and it feels like her custom movesets are a copout for her base moveset being lame.

I'd also like improved game modes, especially for single player. If I felt like I was making progress in the game I'd be more inclined to play it, but I'm always getting 100% random rewards (except for the All-Start and Classic character trophies) all the time. When I unlock a custom moveset or a custom Mii clothing piece, I want that to be the LAST time I ever see it.

Also, its frustrating how there's no way to guarantee getting new trophies in this game. The Trophy Shop is great, but the trophies that appear in it are random, and often repeat all the time.

That's also something turning me off from trying to play Mario Kart 8 (I haven't even put it in my console yet). Why is everything and everyone awarded randomly? Granted, at least in MK8 you can't repeat getting the same reward.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They did get people hyped... when :4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4bowser::4pit::4villager::4megaman::4wiifit: were confirmed at E3 2013... when :4olimar: was confirmed on July 2013... when :4luigi: was confirmed on August 2013... when :4peach::4tlink: were confirmed on September 2013... when :4sonic: was confirmed on October 2013... when :4marth: was confirmed on November 2013... when :rosalina::4zelda: were confirmed on December 2013... when :4dedede::4lucario: were confirmed on January 2014... when :4littlemac::4diddy: were confirmed on February 2014... when :4zss::4sheik::4yoshi::4charizard::4greninja: were confirmed on April 2014... when :4myfriends: was confirmed on May 2014... when :4mii::4palutena::4pacman: were confirmed at E3 2014... when :4falcon::4lucina::4robinm: were confirmed on July 2014... when :4metaknight: was confirmed on August 2014... oh, and especially when :4ness::4jigglypuff::4gaw::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4rob::4wario::4duckhunt::4bowserjr::4shulk::4darkpit: were leaked... and finally, when :mewtwomelee: was confirmed on November 2014.

But somehow they are not enough to get people hyped?

I would say exactly this if King K.Rool / Impa / Isaac where in, but they are not.

The roster is definitely worse because of some 'questionable' decisions (so much time investment in :4mii:, Smash Tour, the 3DS version, :4darkpit::4drmario:), especially coming off from Brawl. Am actually most thankful that awesome characters that where newcomers in Brawl as :4diddy: and :4myfriends: are now finally playable in a 'better' Smash game (as in, more fluid and stuff) so I can enjoy them more.

But, one cannot deny that this roster is lackluster for anyone not a fan of :4megaman::4pacman: and hasn't played FE: Awakening, KI Uprising, Wii Fit, Animal Crossing and the countless Mii games I never heard off before. Not to speak of New Super Mario Bros. and how it apperantly should be glorified as the best thing ever (opposed to say, Donkey Kong Country Returns / Tropical Freeze / the classic DKCs). Guess only Xenoblade fans and Punch Out fans where thrown a bone with :4shulk: and :4littlemac:- but I personally care very little for them.

The only real hype I felt for newcomers where for :rosalina: and :4robinm:. All other hype was for veterans and that was much more intense. Especially the reveals of :4diddy::4myfriends::4tlink: and :4charizard:.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I just want to point out that apparently to Sakurai Ganondorf having the flexibility of a professional cheerleader is fitting to his character.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I can deal without the magnet ledges, large blast zones and overpowered shields tho.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just want to point out that apparently to Sakurai Ganondorf having the flexibility of a professional cheerleader is fitting to his character.
He's a wizard,you know. He could just be making his body act like a ragdoll.
But that has got to hurt,look at that face. He's taking it like a true man!

To me it looks like he's grabbing his balls.
It must hurt there,too.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'd like for there to be at least 2-3 more characters some time after Mewtwo is released.

And air grabs would be a nice mechanic to have in the next Smash game IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom