• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Let's not forget to mention that your push for Sable gave you BluePikmin day

...now if only BluePikmin and Sable can team up, win the tag team titles, drop them to the next hot team, and go to the main roster, that'll be great
That is really what I loved about speculation: hype day.

I'm starting to miss opening chrome at midnight with 5 tabs only to presh F5 on eahc of them....handly mouse scroll switch :)

Like, the sable day was like, there was so much tag that I think it became spamming at one point (I made the joke to make a tag after edits which gives no alerts :) ).

Then the same happened with the Paper Mario stage on July 29.

Oh, and that day when the pic came at like 4am, was about to fall asleep only to know MK was confirmed.

Sadly....wspeculation obviously died, but became unstable imo...

I miss hype so much. The endless waiting was so much fun on this site.
maybe I just look back at it fondly because I got so many characters but I really hope I will be able to be a part of it again and college doesn't get in the way. Assuming a new smash will be announced in the next ~ 4 years

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I miss hype so much. The endless waiting was so much fun on this site.
maybe I just look back at it fondly because I got so many characters but I really hope I will be able to be a part of it again and college doesn't get in the way. Assuming a new smash will be announced in the next ~ 4 years
To me, the hype for Super Smas Bros. Brawl the best. Not just for the characters but for the game itself. And I remember when I got it I was mesmerized by just the Menu 1 song and the CSS!
I don't know maybe it was just me XD

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Brawl hype was ridiculous.

And then Sonic broke the internet.
You're too slow.
Come on! Step it up!

I never really saw a lot of Sonic users on Brawl,but you would be lucky if you won with Sonic,he seemed a little lacking in power.
But you have to admit,his Subspace Emissary scene was sick. 10/10

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
You're too slow.
Come on! Step it up!

I never really saw a lot of Sonic users on Brawl,but you would be lucky if you won with Sonic,he seemed a little lacking in power.
Dude, ALL of Subspace was sick, 10/10, would play again!

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't surprised at Sonic because I didn't realize he was 3rd party. I didn't even know what 3rd party was then.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I actually was not too surprised by Sonic. After Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, it didn't seem too :083: for him to get into Brawl.
Are we doing puns now? :177: worry,I'm all set and :206:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Are we doing puns now? :177: worry,I'm all set and :206:
I :067: you if we start with puns. I can't really :050:. They make me so :098:, that I'm liable to :102: anyone who makes them.

Dude, ALL of Subspace was sick, 10/10, would play again!
SSE was an ambitious, but overall unnecessary mode. The cutscenes were cool, bu the gameplay exceedingly average. I think I'd have liked it a lot more if the enemies were Nintendo bad guys, and not original creations.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I believe I am the only person in creation that appreciates the Subspace Emissary enemies as original creations.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
After Sakurai said there would be third parties past Snake, most people thought Sonic had a pretty good shot.

But there's a big difference between anticipating a character and actually seeing them in game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I :067: you if we start with puns. I can't really :050:. They make me so :098:, that I'm liable to :102: anyone who makes them.
...genwunner.

I believe I am the only person in creation that appreciates the Subspace Emissary enemies as original creations.
I liked them alot,actually. I kind of wanted to unlock a Primid fighter for beating the Subspace Emissary. Yeah,a rebel,that would've been cool. A Super-Primid with all of the abilities of other ones,but maybe with a slight defect,or,eh,compassion?

Primid for Smash 5?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
...genwunner.
Nah. Gen V 4lyfe yo.

The SSE enemies were okay, but that jungle stage where you have DK and Diddy fighting Bowser's underlings was what the whole game should have been more like. Playing Smash Run and slapping around Bronto Burts, Goombas, Kritters, Starmen, and about 800 Kid Icarus enemies just feels more like a Nintendo crossover game.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Brawl hype was ridiculous.

And then Sonic broke the internet.
You're too slow.
Come on! Step it up!

It was back when Sonic and Shadows voice actor was actually good amirite? I mean now, sonics voice actor is unbearable and bland..! No office to people who actually like new sonic

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
It was back when Sonic and Shadows voice actor was actually good amirite? I mean now, sonics voice actor is unbearable and bland..! No office to people who actually like new sonic
If you want to talk about a bad new sonic voice, try listening to Amy's new voice in the games....my ears will never be the same..

thatbeingsaid,amyrosefordlc460rockin

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Unrelated to Smash, it's disappointing how so many people only seem to care about Splatoon and other new IPs in general because "new reps for Smash," not because the games look promising as actual games. It wasn't this way with Pikmin or Animal Crossing back in the Melee days, before Smash became the all-consuming behemoth it is now.
As the guy who's had Inklings for Smash in their signature for over a month...I totally agree.
Though I hope I don't come off as one of those people because...I am actually really ****ing hyped for Splatoon and I intend to play it almost as much as Smash.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I think most if not all sonic characters voice actors up until 2010 were good. I'm only ok with the new Jet, Shadow, and Blaze. But hey, that's just me

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So many of the Sonic characters seem unnecessary to me. Just give me a fast-paced platformer with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik. I don't need anything more than that in my Sonic games.

Or better yet, get Nintendo to make a Sonic game.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
So many of the Sonic characters seem unnecessary to me. Just give me a fast-paced platformer with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik. I don't need anything more than that in my Sonic games.

Or better yet, get Nintendo to make a Sonic game.
Hm i dont particularly agree with you.. well if i had one thing to say to Sega It would be, Blaze deserves a Spinoff more than even Shadow does at this point! Please make it happen!"
Cause Blaze is my favorite and she has been a bit forgotten since Rush.

I do agree with you though, after the release of Sonic Boom, Nintendo needs to make a sonic game

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Blaze deserves a spin-off about as badly as Daisy or Rosalina or something.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If anything Knuckles should get his own beat 'em up...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want a Diddy spin off and more DKC games in general. Nintendo should buy this new Rare studio which is making Banjo-Kazooie's spiritual succesor. All former Rare staff.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Blaze deserves a spin-off about as badly as Daisy or Rosalina or something.

Woah now, Blaze is in a whole nother dimension than them! (Get it:troll:)
inb4 they deserve one.

I don't mind Sonic's extended cast too much, but some of them are just...ugh. Lookin' at you Silver.
Hey! nothing's wrong with Silver. You can say that about Sticks if you want

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
The demographic that thinks having a bad attitude and a darker colour scheme makes you that much awesomer lines up incredibly well with Sonic's normal audience.

aka boys age eight to fourteen. :troll:

If your talking about his voice in 06 fine, I'll give you that, but I don't really see how he's a character that's frowned upon, especially in games
other that that one

I want a Diddy spin off and more DKC games in general. Nintendo should buy this new Rare studio which is making Banjo-Kazooie's spiritual succesor. All former Rare staff.
Can you tell me why Banjo is now this franchise on Xbox games?
I remember he was on N64 games then the next thing I knew he was on Xbox. I was like uhwhat?!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not gonna explain the Rare buyout, too painful. Someone else do it for me plz

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If your talking about his voice in 06 fine, I'll give you that, but I don't really see how he's a character that's frowned upon, especially in games
other that that one
You mean the one he plays the biggest role in?

The series in general is over-saturated with throwaway characters. They seem to have the opposite mentality than that of Nintendo's: create the gameplay first, worry about the characters later. Most Sonic characters are created now just for the sake of existing.

Can you tell me why Banjo is now this franchise on Xbox games?
I remember he was on N64 games then the next thing I knew he was on Xbox. I was like uhwhat?!
Short version; Microsoft acquired Rare (at the time a second party of Nintendo) and all their IPs, including Banjo, after Nintendo wouldn't buy them out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom