• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I don't think any of the mods ever said there were more characters, just that they had heard from one of their sources there might be more. We won't really know until Sakurai either addresses the issue or the Wii U version is released.
But why all the secrecy for hearsay? It seems kind of silly doesn't it? So they must have been told some specifics, couldn't they at least reveal to us now what they were told? (assuming its been busted).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm fairly sure the argument being made is that Ridley, Mewtwo, and the like are more 'all-star' than Dark Pit, Greninja, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer and a whole other slew of "Flavor of the year" characters who may not be at all relevant to Nintendo months or years down the line.

I doubt anybody would try arguing the case that Ridley is as important or as highly recognized as Mario or Sonic. :v
I agree with that, but my point is that in the end, they wouldn't be needed for a "Nintendo All Star" roster, simply because Samus, DK and other Pokémon are there. They would still be great additions for sure, but some people treat them as if they were such important figures that a roster without them is bound to be incomplete, or simply not be an "All Star" roster.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The Final 5 Most Talked About Potential Newcomers:

1. Ridley (77,118)
2. King K. Rool (17,773)
3. Bandana Dee (8,034)
4. Isaac (7,726)
5. Chrom (4,878)
5. Krystal (6,105)

Someone should make fanart of these 5.​

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
But why all the secrecy for hearsay? It seems kind of silly doesn't it? So they must have been told some specifics, couldn't they at least reveal to us now what they were told? (assuming its been busted).
Considering how the mods were crapped on, and continue to be crapped on for the "Bandana Dee" leaker awhile back, I don't blame them for being careful with what gets out, especially when they are not 100% on that information.

CalumG

Smash Lord
So I've been looking at BluePikmins signature.

"Sakurai has his job for a reason. He's good at it. If "fans" got to decide the roster, it would be filled with "badass" villains, C-tier anime-looking characters,sexualized women, and whatever else angsty teenagers like these days. Yuck." - CAW Evolution"
> "Badass villains"
> C-tier anime-looking characters
> whatever else angsty teenagers like these days

Oh Sakurai you skeevy bastahd :v

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

> "Badass villains"

You may have a point there.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

> "Badass villains"

Don't forget that Zero Suit Samus and pole-dancing Palutena could count for "sexualized women".

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
For my closing (and strangely enough very serious) statement towards the game, let us not look down upon the factors that we believe Sakurai to have missed, but for the great additions presented within the game. Let us look forward to new gameplay elements and revamped characters set to a new design. Let us embrace the 3rd party representation of iconic characters, many of which who we adored or were enamored with when we were children, and the worlds they bring from it to enjoy. Let us pay tribute to the service Sakurai has presented us and the entertaining modes we can now enjoy for a long time. Let us, above all, be grateful of the new experience presented within this fresh new game, the memories that will be made when playing with friends, the characters and stages being far extensive then that of the N64 and Melee games (for a portable game to boot), and the future of competitive play within a new smash game on the go.

Thank you and Goodnight

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
For my closing (and strangely enough very serious) statement towards the game, let us not look down upon the factors that we believe Sakurai to have missed, but for the great additions presented within the game. Let us look forward to new gameplay elements and revamped characters set to a new design. Let us embrace the 3rd party representation of iconic characters and the worlds they bring from it to enjoy. Let us pay tribute to the service Sakurai has presented us and the entertaining modes we can now enjoy for a while. Let us, above all, be grateful of the new experience presented within this fresh new game, the memories that will be made when playing with friends, the characters and stages being far extensive then that of the N64 and Melee games (for a portable game to boot), and the future of competitive play within a new smash game on the go.

Thank you and Goodnight
I agree completely, some people lament what they didn't get too much and don't appreciate what they DID get.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Ok, i'll just say it, they are not "neccesary" for an "All star" roster. Would they be great to have? Well of course, but in the end this game already represents Nintendo's franchises and history pretty well.
Yes even DK and Metroid, and i'm pretty sure Pokémon is also well represented already.
And before anybody tries to tell me how badly represented DK is in comparison, i understand, and i kind of agree, but in the end DK and Diddy are the most prominent figures of his franchise, and thus, represent the franchise pretty well, that's all.
While DK is represented well, I think people are upset because we all know we could have easily gotten at least a new item or stage. Anything for DK in the 3DS game (aside from Kremlings in Smash Run) was in a past game. The two veterans and one returning stage. Same for Metroid, unfortunately. While I agree the roster is fine, I agree that some characters that are extras (yes even Rosalina) aren't as important to their own series as Dixie, K. Rool, and Ridley are to their respective series.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

1. Ridley (77,118)
2. King K. Rool (17,773)
3. Bandana Dee (8,034)
4. Isaac (7,726)
5. Chrom (4,878)

Dude, what is this based on?
Dixie and Ice Climbers are much more discussed than BD and Chrom.
Chrom was deconfirmed harder than anyone. And literally a terrible option. He was early on, and now he would be a worse option, being a FIFTH fire emblem character, a third clone of Marth, and the third rep from a SINGLE game.
Honestly, absolute terrible choice.

If this list has any legitimacy, it makes me happy we have yet to see Ridley and K Rool, in the sense that Sakurai listening to the fans would make this roster an actually terrible one. Simply terrible.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Dude, what is this based on?
Dixie and Ice Climbers are much more discussed than BD and Chrom.
Chrom was deconfirmed harder than anyone. And literally a terrible option. He was early on, and now he would be a worse option, being a FIFTH fire emblem character, a third clone of Marth, and the third rep from a SINGLE game.
Honestly, absolute terrible choice.

If this list has any legitimacy, it makes me happy we have yet to see Ridley and K Rool, in the sense that Sakurai listening to the fans would make this roster an actually terrible one. Simply terrible.
It's based on Smashboards replies. Also Ice Climbers aren't a newcomer silly cakes.

Last edited:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I've been gone almost the whole day, little bit confused as to what happened. So the ESRB leaked roster is the final roster? Did the "All fighters have been unlocked" message appear and did the lock on All Star mode disappear?

Can't find any videos, and I missed the streams :(

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I've been gone almost the whole, little bit confused as to what happened. So the ESRB leaked roster is the final roster? Did the "All fighters have been unlocked" message appear and did the lock on All Star mode disappear?

Yes. The ESRB leaked roster is the final roster, and the "All fighters have been unlocked" message appeared.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I've been narrow-minded on how I looked upon the roster. The stages and removal of Isaac and Ray Assists really sucks, but the roster itself is fine. It focuses more on Gameplay. This game will be the most fun of them all thus far, even without our most wanted characters. The gameplay is now here, and SSB5 can focus on filling in the gaps in the roster, or maybe that'll what the DLC does, who knows? For Smash Bros as a whole, the potential to grow is obvious. Lucas and Wolf can return even better than before (though I doubt we'll see IC or Snake again, sadly), and I have confidence that they will!

I'm allowed to add both Lucas and Masked Man to SSB5, right? ;)

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I've been gone almost the whole, little bit confused as to what happened. So the ESRB leaked roster is the final roster? Did the "All fighters have been unlocked" message appear and did the lock on All Star mode disappear?

Picture of roster being completed:

Final Roster:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Ridley (77,118)
2. King K. Rool (17,773)
3. Bandana Dee (8,034)
4. Isaac (7,726)
5. Chrom (4,878)

I do believe you have messed up there, sport.

But whatever.

Someone should make fanart of these 5.
I'll get on to it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Considering how the mods were crapped on, and continue to be crapped on for the "Bandana Dee" leaker awhile back, I don't blame them for being careful with what gets out, especially when they are not 100% on that information.
Fair enough I guess, but I'd still like to know.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Fair enough I guess, but I'd still like to know.
We did get some small info ahead of the rest of the forum last month, but we can't say what it was/who was related (though it shouldn't be much of a secret). It's all out in the open now, has been for quite a while, so we are hiding nothing at this point.

Several users claimed that the CSS wasn't complete, not the "mods." 98% of the staff had nothing to do with it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's based on Smashboards replies. Also Ice Climbers aren't a newcomer silly cakes.
Whoops, meant chorus kids.

Posts dont equate to desire. I dont post in Isaacs thread at all, doesnt mean I dont want him greatly.
Chrom was in the public eye, in a bad way, too. Of course there

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Whoops, meant chorus kids.

Posts dont equate to desire. I dont post in Isaacs thread at all, doesnt mean I dont want him greatly.
Chrom was in the public eye, in a bad way, too. Of course there
Did I say desired or wanted?

No.

I said discussed.

There are more replies, thus more discussion. That's a fact.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

1. Ridley (77,118)
2. King K. Rool (17,773)
3. Bandana Dee (8,034)
4. Isaac (7,726)
5. Chrom (4,878)
5. Krystal (6,105)

Shulk beat K rool a ways back, but now that he's confirmed his newcomer page is in his character discussion thread.
Edit: Scroll down in here and look, 19,000 and counting

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So will the character threads close at Japan time at September 12th? (Technically tomorrow would be that day.)
I need time to do my Risk Rosters andReasons Why Characters were considered unlikely and likely threads before it closes?

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Even if Ridley or Dixie Kong was playable (still no trophies of them btw) it wouldn't be the end of the world if characters move to a different spot out of know where, it happens in multi-character/fighting games all the time heck it happened in Melee when Pikachu was with the Mario characters and moved to the bottom row later on.

Another example is in Injustice, Scorpion and Zatana were on the Hero and Villain side respectively , and were switched later on.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Shulk beat K rool a ways back, but now that he's confirmed his newcomer page is in his character discussion thread.
Edit: Scroll down in here and look, 19,000 and counting
So?

You got your wish. So why does it matter how much views you got now?

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
So will the character threads close at Japan time at September 12th? (Technically tomorrow would be that day.)
I need time to do my Risk Rosters andReasons Why Characters were considered unlikely and likely threads before it closes?
With the likelihood of DLC, I hope they either wait to lock them or create a new DLC subforum.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
So?

You got your wish. So why does it matter how much views you got now?
You were listing the top 5 Most talked about potential newcomers, and i was correcting you with who second place belonged to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom