• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillE

Smash Cadet

And

Would end up like this after the final roster is unlocked and the DLC on the side?

EDIT:Forgot Marth Somehow, let me fix this

EDIT:

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Not really. As I said, the model could easily be reposed in a program like 3ds Max (ironically unrelated to the Nintendo 3DS) and then rendered with the shading we see in the portrait. The stethoscope would be no harder to move than his arm or legs.
My brain is sputtering on how to phrase this, but wouldn't this be true of any render? Couldn't you edit Link's brawl model to look exactly like his Smash 4 render? Your argument started "These two models are exactly the same, so it's a fake." I pointed out "No their not." And you responded "They could just edit it." I'd like to invoke Hanlon's Razor. Doctor Mario will look like Doctor Mario. That isn't the same model as it does have differences. Because of point A, it's perfectly reasonable that two Doctors will look similar that a few edits could bring one to the other. That doesn't dampen legitimacy.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
My brain is sputtering on how to phrase this, but wouldn't this be true of any render? Couldn't you edit Link's brawl model to look exactly like his Smash 4 render? Your argument started "These two models are exactly the same, so it's a fake." I pointed out "No their not." And you responded "They could just edit it." I'd like to invoke Hanlon's Razor. Doctor Mario will look like Doctor Mario. That isn't the same model as it does have differences. Because of point A, it's perfectly reasonable that two Doctors will look similar that a few edits could bring one to the other. That doesn't dampen legitimacy.
That's not what I said. I said the model could be posed. Not edited. There is a difference. Using the same model, Dr. Mario could have been posed into the position we see him in, and then rendered with the shading effects in his artwork. It's not like saying we're taking Brawl Link and editing him into his Smash 4 incarnation. If Brawl Link was rendered the same way Smash 4 Link was, there would still be noticeable differences in color and the artstyle.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Given. But much like how Ike was conceived in Brawl as originally just "Fire Emblem Protagonist", with IS recommending Ike to Sakurai later, it's more than possible that Chrom was read similarly as "Fire Emblem Protagonist". Given how Chrom is the main lord of Fire Emblem Awakening, it could have been an assumption from the leaker based on the conception documents that Chrom would have been that choice. A lot of "coulds", but all of this is said for one error regardless. Compared to the dozen found in the leak, 7/9 + an unknown the leaker couldn't have known about still leaves Gematsu valid. No other leak has lasted as long as it has thus far, the main point being here that this leak doesn't even hold a candle to Gematsu.
The leaker didn't "assume" anything else. He said Chrom. He didn't say Fire Emblem Protagonist, like he did with "Animal Crossing Guy" or "Pokemon from X/Y." He flat out said Chrom.

Mewter

Smash Master
I believe it is Smash Run,
Can you clarify why? I just took a glance at this video and the computers aren't shown in the bottom screen (though it could be an option).

Regardless, level names as placeholders in matches is a possible explanation for the 'level problem.'

Staarih

Smash Master
This might seem picky, but Dark Pit alone would be too much for me to handle haha. With the clear favouritism of KI:U content already, his inclusion would just be too much for me. Also, IC's as DLC is still a bit fishy to me.

But if the leak is real.. then so be it. I'll choose to wait for now before picking any sides haha!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The leaker didn't "assume" anything else. He said Chrom. He didn't say Fire Emblem Protagonist, like he did with "Animal Crossing Guy" or "Pokemon from X/Y." He flat out said Chrom.
The point stands. One mistake after months of existing is miles more valid than the various mistakes found within a day.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
This is bringing back memories of Gematsu after E3, but before Robin and Lucina. I presume that this leak is going to be the only topic of discussion from here on out? At least until something ultimately proves or disproves it?

I do have one question that I'm curious about. If this leak is real, and someone got screenshots of the 3DS version's CSS and Stage Selection menu, why didn't the guy play a match and give us screenshots of the unconfirmed characters in action? Wouldn't that have proven that this leak is legit right then and there? If you're someone who has their hands on the game and wanted to play God for the Internet, shouldn't they have taken more in game screenshots leaving no doubts in people's minds that these pictures are indeed the end all be all, and not just another elaborate Photoshop hoax? That's definitely what I would do, but maybe I'm missing something. Anyone care to share their thoughts or opinions?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
This is bringing back memories of Gematsu after E3, but before Robin and Lucina. I presume that this leak is going to be the only topic of discussion from here on out? At least until something ultimately proves or disproves it?

I do have one question that I'm curious about. If this leak is real, and someone got screenshots of the 3DS version's CSS and Stage Selection menu, why didn't the guy play a match and give us screenshots of the unconfirmed characters in action? Wouldn't that have proven that this leak is legit right then and there? If you're someone who has their hands on the game and wanted to play God for the Internet, shouldn't they have taken more in game screenshots leaving no doubts in people's minds that these pictures are indeed the end all be all, and not just another elaborate Photoshop hoax? That's definitely what I would do, but maybe I'm missing something. Anyone care to share their thoughts or opinions?
We're not supposed to discuss leak stuff here, but allegedly the guy got an ERSB video of the game (they dont get full copies of the games, just content to view) and he snapped some pics during the video

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I understand that the slots are shrunk when more characters are added, but why would the actual character art zoom out? For examle, Toon Link's leak slot is much more zoomed out than in the original build for E3. The same can be said for Zelda, Sheik, and others.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm real curious as to who the other unlockable characters are supposedly for this new roster. The supposed leaker has a lot of stuff to answer for and could potentially prove a lot of things like showing the game in action, but nope he gives us a few pictures with a bunch of different inconsistencies that basically threaten to pull down the whole thing. Seems fishy to me, to say the least. Also why are people saying that the roster is very good? Even if you hate the hype three you've got to admit not including one of them seems very, very odd. Sakurai seems to be listening to more fan requests this time around, and what does he do, ignore three of the most requested characters completely in favor of what the roster is? I have quite a hard time believing that Sakurai would do that after everything we've seen with this new Smash and because of just how much fan backlash that could potentially create.

And then we have the 4 veteran, 1 newcomer DLC... That's perhaps the biggest thing I hate about this leak. That they've already supposedly got DLC planned and that it mostly consists of veterans, two of which are semi-clones in the first place. Veteran DLC seems to be a gigantic **** move to us fans of the series. And at this point it's just a general rant about character DLC for Smash mind you. I mean why pay for characters that are already that intended for the game, in some cases fairly easy to implement like Lucas and Wolf? That just seems to be money grabbing at that point. Especially for a series that prides itself on having a huge amount of content diversity and packs in a huge amount in the first place. Veteran DLC makes is just an irritating concept to think of honestly. And the ****ed up thing is that we'd all buy it to despite how dirty of a practice it is. I know I know time constraints, but come on veterans shouldn't be that hard to implement, hell delay the game an extra month for 3DS if you have to to make it work on both versions. Alright there's my rant against veteran DLC, it seems cheap and extremely distasteful to me at least.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
That's not what I said. I said the model could be posed. Not edited. There is a difference. Using the same model, Dr. Mario could have been posed into the position we see him in, and then rendered with the shading effects in his artwork. It's not like saying we're taking Brawl Link and editing him into his Smash 4 incarnation. If Brawl Link was rendered the same way Smash 4 Link was, there would still be noticeable differences in color and the artstyle.
My knowledge of 3D design is a bit foggy, last time I did it was a year or two back, so if anyone can correct anything please do.

That doesn't explain how the stethoscope suddenly changed positions. You can't even say they just posed him different, being able to move arms and legs is elementary and quite easy because they're a part of his 'skeleton' (using the probably outdated Blender term). A random accessory like that probably wasn't designed with being moved in mind.

Actually, I'm not even sure their the same stethoscope. The one in the render has a U shaped, while the one in the leak fits him like a necklace. Additionally, the render's is significantly longer than the leaked one. Finally, the metal implement you put to your chest is different. Render seems to be curved while the leaked one's is flat. The render's metal chest implement has a lot of details the leaked one lacks.

The models are different.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Are we still talking about the leak? It hasn't been debunked already?
Nope, new stuff went down, and it's back to 50/50, even the leading source has said he has no personal opinion on the whole thing, it's literally a stalemate, thoguh a lot more people have migrated towards either pole

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
so is the ridley and mewtwo part confirmed fake or real
Its a separate leak that matches up perfectly with the Ninka leak, and it was first posted a few days before the Ninka leak. The Ninka leak being the leak this one is based on, and even the Ninka leak stated that the roster they knew about wasn't the full cast.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Damn, the final part at the Bowser copy screen I think it's a real proof, the menu below the characters is exactly the same, not even varying the hour, and the 3DS is the same. (not sure if this has been said or if this is enough proof, though).

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Damn, the final part at the Bowser copy screen I think it's a real proof, the menu below the characters is exactly the same, not even varying the hour, and the 3DS is the same. (not sure if this has been said or if this is enough proof, though).
darn i wanted bowser jr duck hunt mewtwo and ridley though but hey king k rool is alive again

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
That's been confirmed to be untrue. The first part is circumstantial at best, they could have changed the design since E3, or taken away names as the screen fills up, or anything else. And the Bowser screen edit has been proven to be fabricated, it doesn't even match the angle in the original pic. I'm not gonna cite the evidence, but check out the leak thread where this belongs anyway

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I'd say the image of the roster is real, but is not complete.

Chorus Men among other characters will probably be included.

Very soon all will be revealed.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Man am I grateful that I'm more interested in veteran changes than newcomers, anyway.

Especially since the leak has Doc. Bring him to me, I demand it.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I would be happy for Dark Pit and Doc and ecstatic for Shulk, DHD i guess i would have to wait until i see how it plays.
Bowser Jr. is mixed i guess, i hate the character, but hey, a new punching bag! :awesome: (And a clown cart moveset sounds interesting).
Granted it could still be fake, but man things are beginning to line up.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If this real is so legit 100%, why is a franchise in between another franchise? Does anyone have any defense for that? Why would Yoshi, a character from a different franchise, be in between the Mario gang? Makes ZERO sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom