• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
K. Rool
Ridley
... Don't really care after that. Probably Kamek and Saki or Dillon

However, if this was the early 00's...

K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, I found this on the Smash Sub-Reddit.

You get 12 points, each character row corresponds to the point on the left. So Wonder Red = 4 Points, and Duck Hunt Dog = 2 Points, etc.

So if you only had 12 points, who would you choose? This is mine.

Ridley: Because Ridley.

Bandana Dee: Awesome character, if FE can have 4 reps, so does Kirby.

Sceptile: Because the Fire-Water-Grass starter trio.
Lip (2)
Chibi-Robo (2)
Ashley (3)
Krystal (4)
Saki (1)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

You get 12 points, each character row corresponds to the point on the left. So Wonder Red = 4 Points, and Duck Hunt Dog = 2 Points, etc.

What an interesting game! Could be its own thread. In fact...

Anywho;
If I'm going with my 'get the most of my most wanted characters,' since Sceptile is would tip the odds by just one too many points, I'd likely go with
K.Rool (5), Mewtwo/Isaac (5), Duck Hunt Dog (2)

Howeve, If I'm trying to just get the most of thecharacters I would LOVE to have in the Game, I'd go with
Balloon Fighter (2), Chorus Men (2), Chibi Robo (2), Lip (2), Duck Hunt Dog (2), Kamek (1), Sukapon (1)

If I were to Choose one from each category, it would be:
5- K Rool
4- Bomberman
3- Sceptile
2- Duck Hunt Dog
1- Sukapon

andimidna

Smash Master

Ooo, I see that note in the top corner.
With that I'd pick

1. Midna (5)
2. Anna (5) OR Tiki (5)
3. Lip (2)

Without it, I'd pick

1. Ghirahim (4)
2. Sceptile (3)
3. Shulk (3)
4. Lip (2)

OR

1. Ghirahim (4)
2. Takamaru (4)
3. Impa (4)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why do I get the bad feeling that Sakurai would have Monita as the final character? If it really where to happen, the reactions would be even WORSE compared to how things when post-Brawl with R.O.B.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Why do I get the bad feeling that Sakurai would have Monita as the final character? If it really where to happen, the reactions would be even WORSE compared to how things when post-Brawl with R.O.B.
Only if she appears in a leak where Ridley, K. Rool and Mewtwo aren't present, a lot of the R.O.B hate came from the fact he was featured in the legitimate leak.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

So if you only had 12 points, who would you choose?
Hmm.

Isaac (5)
Shulk (3)
Chibi Robo (2)
Lip (2)

Shulk is a bargain at just 3 points. Sorry Mewtwo, if only I had one more point. Gee this is the second time today I've left Mewtwo out in the cold.

Luckily Sakurai doesn't need to use this system when deciding on characters.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Ignore that feeling, haha. There's no way Monita's going to be playable. That's like saying that Sakurai would have the eShop Mascot as a playable character.

eShop Mascot
Bags his Chance!

• Neutral: Present. Can be downloaded (charged up), stored, then fired upwards. Bursts on contact. Can also burst on the ground if initial shot fails to make contact. When stored at full download a ring of orange dots surround him.

• Side: Virtual Console. Fires a Virtual Console container in front of him. It homes in on an opponents' position at the initial time of the move's execution, exploding with dust on contact. Hold down the button to download, then release to shoot. The more game downloads, the more powerful and faster the cartridge is.

• Up: Load Complete. Ascends upwards while his body spins.

• Down: Gel Block. Places a gel block below him. Can pick up and throw. Bursts on contact.

• Final Smash: Download Now. A rail of gel blocks appear across the entire stage, filling up a rounded, square tube. Gel blocks and the contents of the square tube cause damage on contact. Once the tube is all filled up, it wraps itself into a present, then explodes. Explosion is double the radius of a Smart Bomb detonation.

I do hope to see a Nintendoland stage, though.

Last edited:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Ridley, K.rool, Shulk, New legend of Zelda character...

Delete one
Stage boss one
Assist trophy one
Character slot one

Go!!!

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

Delete one
Stage boss one
Assist trophy one
Character slot one

Go!!!
Delete K Rool, stage boss Ridley (so sorry lol), assist Shulk, character slot Impa as the LoZ character.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm trying to make my first roster and I'm doubtful on some possibilities and one of them is any zelda newcomers.

The only thing that might make me expect one is the trophy theory, but I'm sceptical.

I agree that it hints at Ridley (who I think is [almost confirmed]) and that it hinted at Palutena before (imo, it was too obvious to deny it anyway).

But I recall someone saying that it hinted at Robin. I think it had to with the music called "Id purpose" (I don't know much on this series).

I have a question: does this music or anything in the 10 seconds of the trophy reveal had any PARTICULAR relation to Robin?

Maybe Lucina, but if it's true for Robin, I consider this theory to be solid enough to put Ghirahim on it (sorry scatman, I want vaati more, but I don't like mixing want and expect).

Thoughts?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Delete one
Stage boss one
Assist trophy one
Character slot one

Go!!!
Delete Zelda Newcomer, Stage Boss Ridley (I don't think he will be though), Shulk AT, K. Rool Playable.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Delete one
Stage boss one
Assist trophy one
Character slot one

Go!!!
Delete Zelda Newcomer
Stage Boss K. Rool
Assist Trophy Shulk
Character Slot Ridley

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Delete one
Stage boss one
Assist trophy one
Character slot one

Go!!!
Delete New Legend of Zelda character
Stage boss K. Rool :crying:
Assist trophy Shulk
Character Ridley

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889

Delete one
Stage boss one
Assist trophy one
Character slot one

Go!!!
Delete zelda newcomer
Assist trophy k rool
Stage boss Ridley
Character shulk
Shulk is my number one most wanted character, so he needs to be playable, or I may just lose my sanity, or at least what's left of it after reading the Ridley thread

Last edited:

DACSHeyes

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to make my first roster and I'm doubtful on some possibilities and one of them is any zelda newcomers.

The only thing that might make me expect one is the trophy theory, but I'm sceptical.

I agree that it hints at Ridley (who I think is [almost confirmed]) and that it hinted at Palutena before (imo, it was too obvious to deny it anyway).

But I recall someone saying that it hinted at Robin. I think it had to with the music called "Id purpose" (I don't know much on this series).

I have a question: does this music or anything in the 10 seconds of the trophy reveal had any PARTICULAR relation to Robin?

Maybe Lucina, but if it's true for Robin, I consider this theory to be solid enough to put Ghirahim on it (sorry scatman, I want vaati more, but I don't like mixing want and expect).

Thoughts?
The ID songs are basically Robin's theme, and Tiki is one of the characters Robin can support with.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The ID songs are basically Robin's theme, and Tiki is one of the characters Robin can support with.
Oh that actually make this theory very solid.

Not only the theme, but the support reference (I know it's limited depending the character so it has to be very specific).

So, I think I'll give it credibility for Ghirahim. Since those has a particular relations to tease one character, I hear the skyward sword theme to then see a Skyward sword characters.

The problem is the music. I don't think it has to do with Ghirahim, BUT I heard somewhere that the Ghirahim theme and the theme in the trophy quiz (don't remember the name) are related somehow by the music itself.

What I'm sure is that I can expect a zelda newcomer, but if such a relation exists for Ghirahim, I will put it on my roster.

Since recently, I give more credibility to tease theory that have a solid foundation as I think it's a big part in speculation now.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889

Thoughts?
If we even get a newcomer at all, since I think we will get a revamped ganondorf instead, I think we would get Impa. The music just maybe could hint at ghirahim, but I find him highly unlikely.
With all the ss stuff this smash, maybe sakurai will let groose loose :troll:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Thoughts?
Id~Purpose is the final battle theme of Awakening. The final battle itself is focused entirely on Robin (that's avoiding spoilers, mind you). Also, there are several variations of the "Id" melody that play in numerous parts of the game, all of which involve Robin (for example, Id~Serenity plays when Robin first meets Chrom or when he/she proposes to someone, while Id~Dilemma plays when a sinister Robin look-a-like appears). So yes, the songs are basically Robin's theme, and are very closely tied to his/her character.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If we even get a newcomer at all, since I think we will get a revamped ganondorf instead, I think we would get Impa. The music just maybe could hint at ghirahim, but I find him highly unlikely.
I think Robin was unlikely and it got teased.

I'm really careful on those tease with what happened last Tuesday. I realised that the whole fact that they were hidden was the main reason of not considering them and it needed consideration as now I think 4 or 5 cases were teased.

In fact, it should help a lot more the chances that what people might think. Since there was cases of teasing that already happened and the result being unknown, I really should be aware of them.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
This isn't a thread for forum games, folks.

Make constructive posts about the roster and character selection. There are many places where you can play roster games, but this isn't one of them.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh that actually make this theory very solid.

Not only the theme, but the support reference (I know it's limited depending the character so it has to be very specific).

So, I think I'll give it credibility for Ghirahim. Since those has a particular relations to tease one character, I hear the skyward sword theme to then see a Skyward sword characters.

The problem is the music. I don't think it has to do with Ghirahim, BUT I heard somewhere that the Ghirahim theme and the theme in the trophy quiz (don't remember the name) are related somehow by the music itself.

What I'm sure is that I can expect a zelda newcomer, but if such a relation exists for Ghirahim, I will put it on my roster.

Since recently, I give more credibility to tease theory that have a solid foundation as I think it's a big part in speculation now.
The theme that played when Fi's trophy was shown is the Ballad of the Goddess, which is the main theme of Skyward Sword and an important song in the game's plot (fun fact: it's Zelda's Lullaby backwards). I wouldn't say it really hints towards Ghirahim in particular, but it may possibly hint towards a Skyward Sword character.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
If the answer is "none of the above," what would you like done?

P.S. you're awesome for doing this stuff, :grin:
You can skip the question. :)

Dog Hunt Dog?
Also, no Ridley in most wanted?
It was based on a couple pages back.

No one put Ridley down as most wanted. I just turned what people said into a survey. I'll do a better one in the future, there's a couple problems with it.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm actually really happy about how the roster has turned out so far. We got the best possible Fire Emblem newcomers, and we also got Palutena, along with a lot of what people considered cut characters to return. (Ike, Toon Link) Now I just need Mewtwo, Snake, and Vaati playable and this game will be the best game I will have ever played.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The theme that played when Fi's trophy was shown is the Ballad of the Goddess, which is the main theme of Skyward Sword and an important song in the game's plot (fun fact: it's Zelda's Lullaby backwards). I wouldn't say it really hints towards Ghirahim in particular, but it may possibly hint towards a Skyward Sword character.
That's what I tough, but I don't know, I heard that the Ghirahim heme was based on the main theme.

Problem is, if it is the main theme, it's not specific if you consider as a zelda theme. It doesn't matter if she's confirmed because the tease should be specific enough to not doubt.

Ridley is his theme, just that settles it. I can't doubt the relation.

Robin is very specific as like I don't even consider being someone else.

Palutena is too obvious.

But here? That's so weird.

Seriously, it's a riddle game now. Trying to find which character that ONLY HIM has a unique relation to Fi AND ballad of goddess.

I'll have to think about it, but for now, it's a zelda newcomer as placeholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom