• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Three moveset you are serious?

So according to you 12 special gimmick equals to. 3 Different set of smash, 3 different set of tilts, 3 different set of normal attacks, you know whaat CHARACTER actually do that?

MII FIGHTERS! yeah I forgot you don't consider them "characters" my bad, seriously think a little in your answers, Palutena has ONE moveset and 12 specials that is all so no, her normal movepool took the same time as everyone else baring ironically Mii fighters that you don't count.

Seriously I wanted to drop this but your statements only show how uninformed you are
God, you love semantics don't you. If I change the word moveset to special moveset, nothing ***** changes. If you think having 3 times as many unique moces as everyone else is fine, then be my guest, but stop attacking word choice. And me treating the mii fighter as a unique case is the same as you trying to treat them as a generic fighter. It doesn't support your arguement so you don't want to look at it, but everything points to them being a create-a-fighter, which happens in fighters and isn't unique to smash. Those characters exist and the Mii Fighter is one of them which Sakurai has openly admitted. Even including them, that doesn't make plat's case any better, it just means she has a partner in crime. Either way, you have failed to refute any of my points, though major kudos for finding a way to change everything I said by focusing on wording, good job bro

Burigu

Smash Ace
God, you love semantics don't you. If I change the word moveset to special moveset, nothing ***** changes. If you think having 3 times as many unique moces as everyone else is fine, then be my guest, but stop attacking word choice. And me treating the mii fighter as a unique case is the same as you trying to treat them as a generic fighter. It doesn't support your arguement so you don't want to look at it, but everything points to them being a create-a-fighter, which happens in fighters and isn't unique to smash. Those characters exist and the Mii Fighter is one of them which Sakurai has openly admitted. Even including them, that doesn't make plat's case any better, it just means she has a partner in crime. Either way, you have failed to refute any of my points, though major kudos for finding a way to change everything I said by focusing on wording, good job bro
NO you were the one who has changed his original argument time and time again!

• First you said Palutena is unique then pointed out Mii fighters and sudently they aren't considered characters, I will iluminate you by saying EVERY EVERY EVERY CHARACTER can be customized

• Every character has 12 specials, and thinking about it and balancing them takes the same time, 12 different doesn't mean harder to program or harder to test. All of them need the exact same attention

• No you trying to put Mii fighter in a unique case is only you trying to say that, everyone here see them as characters, even the official site put them UNDER the characters section what is more official than that? when they appear in the site under a "create a character section" then you win.

• If Palutena has a partner in crime that alone don't make your "only her argument valid" no matter in which category you want to put them

And here have a resume for you changing MY WORDS.
I said, Palutena is a goddess it makes sense to give her that
Your anwser:
So YOU want to follow the canon, Ganon can only by killed by the Master Sword, Olimar is small etc etc,
WHO is changing the words?

I say it makes sense for her to have the mechanic
Your answer:
So you are saying she is better than the rest for that alone
Which I never said.

I failed? let's see at your list shall we?
Palutena created by Sakurai
"let's use extra development time to give this one character that happens to me my creation
Palutena being the only one
Platuena has been given more than 12 moves, because so far she is the only character revealed .
Palutena having different standards, said 2 times
to have customizable standards,.
Yea I get that, but her gimmick is creating 3 movesets for one character
Yes I am twisting your words and I clearly failed, I find funny how now you are mad at me when I only pointed out your flaws, what were your first answers to me calling my argument dumd and stupid. And you are the one here who doesn't proof his "Palutena is the only one argument" Mii fighters break that no matter what you say and no matter in which category you want to put them. Like it or not!

But seriously as much as I would like to continue this I don't want to start a flame war, believe what you want and keep putting characters in different categories to mantain your point. Happy Holidays and please don't take this personal I argued with you without those words and symbols. So kuddos to you for being stubborn

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Let's just chillllllll out in here just a wee bit people. No need to get testy over Smash Bros.
Tell that to this entire board.

I personally dislike how Palutena has 12 unique specials. I would have preferred her to have a set playstyle centered around spacing and defense. But now Palutena can be anything.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sigh. I never thought I'd have to step in and take a look at the issues with the Palutena hate. While I'm not here to change anyone's minds about her being hated (though some reasons are stupid, I admit), direct it to me, and I'll take a crack at it with my knowledge. Also keep in mind we don't want to have too much conflict so we don't make the jobs of mods any harder, okay?
But for now, give me your best shots, and tell me of your troubles with her. It's time for a divine intervention. :4palutena:

As for a question I think was asked earlier about my most wanted veteran that's not been shown yet, I don't have any since I have Pit and Bowser. If I had to choose though, it'd probably be Wolf if he was less of a semi-clone. We need more villains, right?

EDIT: You can take this elsewhere actually. I'll take care of it.

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
NO you were the one who has changed his original argument time and time again!

First you said Palutena is unique then pointed out Mii fighters and sudently they aren't considered characters, I will iluminate you by saying EVERY EVERY EVERY CHARACTER can be customized

Every character has 12 specials, and thinking about it and balancing them takes the same time, 12 different doesn't mean harder to program or harder to test. All of them need the exact same attention

No you trying to put Mii fighter in a unique case is only you trying to say that, everyone here see them as characters, even the official site put them UNDER the characters section what is more official than that? when they appear in the site under a "create a character section" then you win.

If Palutena has a partner in crime that alone don't make your "only her argument valid" no matter in which category you want to put them

And here have a resume for you changing MY WORDS.
I said, Palutena is a goddess it makes sense to give her that
Your anwser:
So YOU want to follow the canon, Ganon can only by killed by the Master Sword, Olimar is small etc etc,
WHO is changing the words?

I say it makes sense for her to have the mechanic
Your answer:
So you are saying she is better than the rest for that alone
Which I never said.

I failed? let's see at your list shall we?
Palutena created by Sakurai

Palutena being the only one

Palutena having different standards, said 2 times

Yes I am twisting your words and I clearly failed, I find funny how now you are mad at me when I only pointed out your flaws, what were your first answers to my calling my argument dumd and stupid. And you are the one here who doesn't proof his "Palutena is the only one argument" Mii fighters break that no matter what you say and no matter in which category you want to put them. Like it or not!

But seriously as much as I would like to continue this I don't want to start a flame war, believe what you want and keep putting characters in different categories to mantain your point. Happy Holidays and please don't take this personal I argued with you without those words and symbols. So kuddos to you for being stubborn
I admitted the standards was a mistake. Point 1. The canon argument is you focusing on my choice of the word canon and not "source mateiral" or whatever you consider the inspirtation for plat. I admitted that Sakurai didn't create it. All of those points I already conceded as being mistakes on my part. I'm willing to bet if you asked anyone else here if the Mii's are a generic fighter or fit the mold of the create-a-fighter, they would agree he's a create a fighter. That wouldn't got under a special header on a wedbsite because that 1) makes no sense 2) they are still newcomers because they weren't in the game before and 3) can fill more than one niche in this case CAF and newcomer. And if you don't want to accept that than follow the contingency plan of Plat being one of two characters who gets unfair treatment. I believe she is the only one, but if you insist on the mii fighters counting, than she is one of two, which you stand by as being incorrect and failed to argue against since you're last two statements have been about what I said earlier that I admitted I wa smistaken on and how you define the Mii Fighter. My argument is "Plat is the only one" if you consider my stance on the Mii's or "Plat is one of two unfairly focused on characters" if we use your definition of the Mii's. Eitehr way your last like 3 posts have yet to argue either of those two points in regard to Plat.

Also out of morbid curiosity, what holidays are you celebrating in late July/Early August?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Wait, Palutena has twelve totally different special moves to pick from? :crazy:

Oh, and most wanted veteran at this time is: :gw:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit
You know I was a huge Palutena supporter before her reveal, and I still love the character and will likely play with her default moveset...

But I would have preferred her to have a set moveset like everyone else, and customizations that branch off of what she already possesses. Now Palutena doesn't really have a set playstyle that I can sit down and master. I have to master all of her playstyles.

I just wish she became that ranged slow-moving projectile powerhouse we expected a few months ago.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Let's just chillllllll out in here just a wee bit people. No need to get testy over Smash Bros.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up right there. This IS Smash Bros after all :p

So uh....how does customization work again? Did Sakurai mentioned that we only keep the specific moveset on the amiibo or what?

D

Deleted member

You know I was a huge Palutena supporter before her reveal, and I still love the character and will likely play with her default moveset...

But I would have preferred her to have a set moveset like everyone else, and customizations that branch off of what she already possesses. Now Palutena doesn't really have a set playstyle that I can sit down and master. I have to master all of her playstyles.

I just wish she became that ranged slow-moving projectile powerhouse we expected a few months ago.
She has a default.
It's what you use With Anyone.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I don't know if that's actually true. For all we know, competitive play won't allow custom movesets and will restrain her to her initial specials. I'd wait until we get to actually try her to determine what kind of character she is.

EDIT: NINJA'D

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I admitted the standards was a mistake. Point 1. The canon argument is you focusing on my choice of the word canon and not "source mateiral" or whatever you consider the inspirtation for plat. I admitted that Sakurai didn't create it. All of those points I already conceded as being mistakes on my part. I'm willing to bet if you asked anyone else here if the Mii's are a generic fighter or fit the mold of the create-a-fighter, they would agree he's a create a fighter. That wouldn't got under a special header on a wedbsite because that 1) makes no sense 2) they are still newcomers because they weren't in the game before and 3) can fill more than one niche in this case CAF and newcomer. And if you don't want to accept that than follow the contingency plan of Plat being one of two characters who gets unfair treatment. I believe she is the only one, but if you insist on the mii fighters counting, than she is one of two, which you stand by as being incorrect and failed to argue against since you're last two statements have been about what I said earlier that I admitted I wa smistaken on and how you define the Mii Fighter. My argument is "Plat is the only one" if you consider my stance on the Mii's or "Plat is one of two unfairly focused on characters" if we use your definition of the Mii's. Eitehr way your last like 3 posts have yet to argue either of those two points in regard to Plat.

Also out of morbid curiosity, what holidays are you celebrating in late July/Early August?
Let's chill out shall we?

I will repeat this one last time; she might have been favorited for the 12 unique specials but it makes sense, tons of characters have unique properties to them, Rosalina, Kirby, Lucario, Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Ness, Robin etc all of them have something unique, it happens Palutena and Miis have this mechanic to them, this don't make it unfair, that is only you believing it is unfair, there are tons of flavors in smash, tons of mechanics, this is only one of them.

This is pretty relevant holiday
Archaeologists discover engraved gold and silver plates from King Darius in Persepolis, and I will repeat this to you again this conversation is getting old so put a rest to it, it's for the better

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Let's chill out shall we?

I will repeat this one last time; she might have been favorited for the 12 unique specials but it makes sense, tons of characters have unique properties to them, Rosalina, Kirby, Lucario, Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Ness, Robin etc all of them have something unique, it happens Palutena and Miis have this mechanic to them, this don't make it unfair, that is only you believing it is unfair, there are tons of flavors in smash, tons of mechanics, this is only one of them.

This is pretty relevant holiday
Archaeologists discover engraved gold and silver plates from King Darius in Persepolis, and I will repeat this to you again this conversation is getting old so put a rest to it, it's for the better
I guess I have to, you really just don't see my point

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
For @MaskO'Gears

1. :4palutena:
I love long range fighting and Palutena seems made for that. I knew she'd be a perfect fit for me when I saw the huge range of her up smash. I expect her to be a lot of fun.

2. :rosalina:
This is such a wonderful new playstyle for Smash Bros. I think Rosalina will be one of the best characters in Smash history given her incredible versatility. Even though she's very gimmicky, she feels way more fun to play than the Ice Climbers or Olimar did.

3. :4lucina:
Really just because I love the character, I can't give her anything less than 3rd.

4. :4robinm:
Fire Emblem mages are awesome and Robin, while I don't like the character, brings an awesome moveset to the Smash table as our first stance character. If you look at the trailer, we see that Robin's standard moves appear to change depending on the tome he last used.

5. :4wiifit:
I think this is a hilarious character and I expect her to be a lot of fun to play.

6. :4greninja:
Water type Pokemon are master race. Also this guy is easily the character I had the most fun with at Smash fest.

7. :4villager:
Honestly just because I've got an actual connection to the character compared to the guys below him.

8. :4pacman:
Video game icon but not a character I'll particular care enough about to play. I like the idea of him being a summoner though.

9. :4megaman:
I never understood the appeal of the Mega Man games so I don't get why he's such a big deal.

10. :4mii:
Took up way too much development time. But at least they're a better idea than...

11. :4littlemac:
All he does is punch. Sakurai even acknowledged this in the Smash Direct. It's so boring. Plus his moveset just outright clashes with how I play smash.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349

Tbh, i don't think you have to worry about her customizations all that much; it's the same as with any of the customizations really. There's no need to have to learn Mario's moveset with Fire Orb / Scalding Fludd / etc if you don't want to, just like for Palutena or any character really you don't need to play with custom movesets if you don't want to. Palutena's default specials will be the "Canon Specials", so her alternate ones don't really matter as much as people think they do. Most people are probably gonna play without customizations anyway

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Jr. come up to haunt your soul. :evil:
Blue, Ice Climbers will be back. We have the Polar Bear in Smash Run, they've been in the series since Melee, Sakurai is confirmed to be working on them and technical difficulties have been solved as Rosalina and Olimar are included in the roster.

Cutting Ice Climbers is a stupid notion and even if Ninka has an inside scoop, which I will admit isn't unlikely, then I doubt he knows what characters will be cut. Seriously, knowing color swaps doesn't mean you know the roster at all.

And my Top 5 vets are :wario::metaknight::gw::wolf::ness2:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Blue, Ice Climbers will be back. We have the Polar Bear in Smash Run, they've been in the series since Melee, Sakurai is confirmed to be working on them and technical difficulties have been solved as Rosalina and Olimar are included in the roster.
I agree to this.

I think that making the game run at 60fps doesn't come at the cost of having Ice Climbers or tag-team characters.
If they couldn't work at 60fps, then I think the game would've been made 30fps.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I also have no doubt that the Snow Crawlers are coming back, but why does suddenly are people expecting a character reveal for tomorrow?, and why them in particular?.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I also have no doubt that the snow crawlers are coming back, but why does suddenly are people expecting a character reveal for tomorrow?, and why them in particular?.

The Villagers are hinting at an Ice Climbers reveal because it looks like one of their taunts.

Apparently.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hyrule Warriors is coming out on August 14th in Japan. I bet you Ganondorf will be on that Friday (it's on a Thursday).

EDIT: If there's not a Zelda newcomer trailer featuring him.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom