• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
For Ridley, it'd probably be a cinematic of him grabbing someone/multiple people, flying into a random shaft, and dragging them against a wall, then firing them away with a fireball.

For Falco I'd like his changed to be the Arwing. He could shoot in first-person view with the standard attack button, or drop a bomb and end the assault with the special attack button.

For Paper Mario, it'd probably be Supernova, and you'd have to rapidly press the attack button multiple times for maximum damage, just like in the original game.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's an awesome idea for Ghirahim's Final Smash:

Demise's Return:

Demise's sword appears and Ghirahim is sucked inside of it, and Demise floats down onto the stage.
For about 20 seconds, you actually get to play as Demise.

He has no special moves, and his standard moves, smashes, and aerials are very basic and derivative from Ghirahim's moves.
But he doesn't flinch, is somewhat fast, has good range, and is very powerful.

After the twenty seconds are up, the Sealing Spike crashes into Demise and seals him away once more.
The sword shatters and Ghirahim returns to the battlefield.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace

Demise's Return:

Demise's sword appears and Ghirahim is sucked inside of it, and Demise floats down onto the stage.
For about 30 seconds, you actually get to play as Demise.

He has no special moves, and his standard moves, smashes, and aerials are very basic and derivative from Ghirahim's moves.

After the thirty seconds are up, the Sealing Spike crashes into Demise and seals him away once more, the sword shatters and Ghirahim returns to the battlefield.
Hahaha that's actually really good. It'd technically be another transformational Final Smash, and 30 seconds is a bit much, but that's a way cool idea, and everything about that is excellent.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I thought of a cool and fun Final Smash for Paper Mario but I could see some problems with it. Anyway,
Paper Mario's Final Smash: Art Attack

Using the Ruby colored Crystal Star, the player can draw circles around his enemies to do some damage and knockback. Depending on the controller the player is using, the controls function differently. If the player uses the Game Pad, the user uses the stylus(or finger) to draw circles around the enemies. If the player uses the Wiimote, the user uses motion controls to draw circles around the enemies. If the player uses the GameCube controller or Wiimote and Nunchuck or Classic/Pro controller, then the controls function similar to how they were in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hahaha that's actually really good. It'd technically be another transformational Final Smash, and 30 seconds is a bit much, but that's a way cool idea, and everything about that is excellent.
Well, okay, perhaps you're right, how about 20 seconds?
For comparison, Giga Bowser lasts ten, Wario-Man lasts 18, and I don't know how long Giga Mac lasts, but I know it's for quite a while.

- None, Ghirahim is not going to be playable
- Falco and Wolf have Arwing and Wolfen respectively, while Krystal attacks while riding her pteranodon from Adventures
Lol.

Niala

Smash Ace
At the moment:

- Ridley
- Ghirahim
- Starfox characters
- Paper Mario
I'll rid- myself of the -ley part of that sentence, for my own benefit and because I have nothing to contribute, but the others I might have some ideas.

Ghirahim has a couple of perhaps more obvious ones. Having him take the form of the last battle with him in Skyward Sword where he gets particularly dark and eerie seems the most fitting to me, mostly because it still remains him. Then there's the
Turning into a sword and fighting with Demise
thing. These seem particularly obvious to me, but still fitting.

My personal favourite is something I dreamt up a while ago, and is a bit more cinematic, to really suit his character. It would be similar to a couple others we've seen for Smash4, in that it's a close range move where you have to catch people with it (like Triforce Slash, Greninja's trap door, Kirby's Ultra Sword, etc.) If he catches the other character in it, he does that motion where he swirls the sword in front of them both, and they disappear, only to reappear above the center of the stage with Ghirahim standing far too close behind the opponent, freezing them in place (possibly slashing for some added damage). Meanwhile, those little diamond-esque things he uses as projectiles are appearing in great numbers in a circle around them both, and once the circle is finishes, he disappears by snapping his fingers and they all zoom in on the target, launching them "Skyward." He then reappears with a maliciously sadistic chuckle.

We've already seen Fox having a Landmaster, which I'm really fine with as long as Falco and Wolf don't also have them. I've heard once or twice that Falco prefers the air, so why is he not in an Arwing? It seems so obvious that it's painful.

Wolf on the other hand I'm unsure about. He's definitely one of the characters I have trouble thinking of options for, simply because his character wasn't really active enough to provide much for one, while still remaining an important aspect to the series.

Paper Mario has an absolute plethora of choices, ranging from Partners to Badges to Stickers (like the massive ones (the fan, baseball bat, radiator, etc.) to anything. I think it would depend really heavily on how his moveset turned out, because if, for example, the partners were used as a main part of his moveset, it's unlikely they'd also take over his Final Smash.

I'd personally like to see it be a quick, one-at-a-time rush of some of the partners from various games. Watt Electro Dash, Parakarry Shell Shot, Vivian's Fiery Jinx, Cudge Hammer, and finish with Bobbery's Bob-ombast. Or something to that nature.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I thought of a cool and fun Final Smash for Paper Mario but I could see some problems with it. Anyway,
Paper Mario's Final Smash: Art Attack

Using the Ruby colored Crystal Star, the player can draw circles around his enemies to do some damage and knockback. Depending on the controller the player is using, the controls function differently. If the player uses the Game Pad, the user uses the stylus(or finger) to draw circles around the enemies. If the player uses the Wiimote, the user uses motion controls to draw circles around the enemies. If the player uses the GameCube controller or Wiimote and Nunchuck or Classic/Pro controller, then the controls function similar to how they were in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
That'd give Gamepad users and Wiimote users obvious advantages, it would be best to delegate all that to the control stick. But that's a much more interesting Final Smash than the Showstopper or Supernova.

Well, okay, perhaps you're right, how about 20 seconds?
For comparison, Giga Bowser lasts ten, Wario-Man lasts 18, and I don't know how long Giga Mac lasts, but I know it's for quite a while.
Not quite sure. The reason Wario-Man lasts that long could be attributed him not changing size, unlike Giga Bowser. Demise would be pretty big, bigger than Giga Mac actually, but definitely smaller than Giga Bowser. So yeah I'd say he should last about 20 seconds. Also Giga Mac lasts about 22 seconds.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My personal favourite is something I dreamt up a while ago, and is a bit more cinematic, to really suit his character. It would be similar to a couple others we've seen for Smash4, in that it's a close range move where you have to catch people with it (like Triforce Slash, Greninja's trap door, Kirby's Ultra Sword, etc.) If he catches the other character in it, he does that motion where he swirls the sword in front of them both, and they disappear, only to reappear above the center of the stage with Ghirahim standing far too close behind the opponent, freezing them in place (possibly slashing for some added damage). Meanwhile, those little diamond-esque things he uses as projectiles are appearing in great numbers in a circle around them both, and once the circle is finishes, he disappears by snapping his fingers and they all zoom in on the target, launching them "Skyward." He then reappears with a maliciously sadistic chuckle.
I like it.

A lot, actually. I feel like his FS should be connected to Demise in some way, BUT, this is very fitting.
I'm imagining him creating a minefield of knives and them suddenly close in on the unsuspecting foe. It would be quite cool.

As for Ridley, I'm positive his Final Smash is him turning into Meta Ridley. Or it could be cinematic with him scraping the wall with his victim.
But I like the other one better.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Meta Ridley is only a thing because of his critical condition following Samus' defeat. Think Darth Vader for Anakin, sans the completely altered appearance, obviously. Giga Bowser, Giga Mac, Mega Charizard X, Mega Lucario, Wario-Man, Super Dragon Yoshi, and Super Sonic are transformations that give them greater abilities. Meta Ridley is just a reparation of Ridley's destroyed self.

I mean, it could work. But I feel that something like the wall scrape would fit best.

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze

Demise's Return:

For about 20 seconds, you actually get to play as Demise.

After the thirty seconds are up, the Sealing Spike crashes into Demise and seals him away once more.
The sword shatters and Ghirahim returns to the battlefield.
Brilliant idea, I like it even more because you didn't include Ghirahim's Final Form at all :colorful: for some reason if he were to make it in, I'd see that as an alt more than an FS. Bringing Demise in would be epicness personified.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Brilliant idea, I like it even more because you didn't include Ghirahim's Final Form at all :colorful: for some reason if he were to make it in, I'd see that as an alt more than an FS. Bringing Demise in would be epicness personified.
Thank you. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.

I was initally going to just go with his Spirit form, but when I thought of this one I thought it was perfect.

Niala

Smash Ace
I like it.

A lot, actually. I feel like his FS should be connected to Demise in some way, BUT, this is very fitting.
I'm imagining him creating a minefield of knives and them suddenly close in on the unsuspecting foe. It would be quite cool.

As for Ridley, I'm positive his Final Smash is him turning into Meta Ridley. Or it could be cinematic with him scraping the wall with his victim.
But I like the other one better.
I'm very glad you like it! I typically don't share my more creative thoughts like that, but I figured since you asked specifically it might be the right time. It's a very potent image, and I find it really hits Ghirahim's style. Morbid yet flashy. Although, I'll admit, I do particularly like the Sealing Spike detail you added to Demise. It would have never occurred to me, but it's so vivid and proper.

I'll bow to your knowledge for Meta Ridley. Again, I know very little regarding Metroid as a whole, having only played the Prime trilogy where he was almost non-existent. I do like the wall-scraping, though. A bit of a throw-back to a certain Brawl cinematic, if memory serves.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Yeah the Sealing Spike was the icing on top of the cake for me, as if it wasn't good enough already.

Also, regarding Meta Ridley...

Meta Ridley is only a thing because of his critical condition following Samus' defeat. Think Darth Vader for Anakin, sans the completely altered appearance, obviously. Giga Bowser, Giga Mac, Mega Charizard X, Mega Lucario, Wario-Man, Super Dragon Yoshi, and Super Sonic are transformations that give them greater abilities. Meta Ridley is just an enhanced reparation of Ridley's destroyed self.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Marshal's Final Smash (Showtime!): About three character lengths from Marshal, the two other Chorus Kids (alternatively Ribbon and Cam) pop up from the ground (taking up the space 2 to 4 character lengths away from Marshall) and knock any opponents in the unfortunate space into a short cinematic of a Karate Joe mini-game, ending with a combo that the opponents are thrown into. High vertical knockback.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
King K. Rool has to shoot canons from all sides of the screen like in the final battle from DKC.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Playing as Duck Hunt Dog in Smash would be a dream come true... but for now, it's just a dream.

Duck Hunt Dog for Smash!
Duck Hunt Dog somehow became my most wanted Retro Rep.
I mean, he is just a perfect blend of some things the series always needs- antagonists, animals, unique fighters, First Person Shooters--

I still want Lip and Balloon Fighter, do not get me wrong, but this Dog has just delighted me over.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone heard the news!!! Sakurai said the 3DS version is finished & that it will be going on tour!!! We will know the starting roster.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Has anyone heard the news!!! Sakurai said the 3DS version is finished & that it will be going on tour!!! We will know the starting roster.
INFO me kind sir!

Twitter from him says:
"With "Korotsua" starting from today, 試遊 table of Smash Bros. 3DS has come out. Person near you please by all means. Today Shiga Prefecture. It seems to be accepted until 16:00.
http://www.corocoro.tv/corotour/

In addition, 試遊 have been made in various parts of the world, but it is a thing of E3 at all. Product version is the full version, Shine is taking further."

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
INFO me kind sir!

Twitter from him says:
"With "Korotsua" starting from today, 試遊 table of Smash Bros. 3DS has come out. Person near you please by all means. Today Shiga Prefecture. It seems to be accepted until 16:00.
http://www.corocoro.tv/corotour/

In addition, 試遊 have been made in various parts of the world, but it is a thing of E3 at all. Product version is the full version, Shine is taking further."
Is the link supposed to be sign ups for the full version?

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
wait so if that tour revealing the starting roster is today does that mean we will have an update on the site revealing the remaining starters like ice climbers wario and lucas?

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
So here's something for thought:

What if Semi-Clones are going to be considered justifiable by custom movesets?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Marshal is not an effing Chorus Kid.
That entire part was basically to shoehorn the Chorus Kids into the Final Smash as Chrom was while still giving a realistic size for the hitbox. This way, it would basically be Blue Falcon in terms of mechanics. The fact that his design in Fever is such a small change to the Chorus Kids in DS had to be on purpose of the designers (as opposed to the drastic difference both have to the Night Walk character on the GBA RH game) and I didn't mean to step on any toes by bringing the two parts together. It merely seemed like a good way to tie things in, if for no other reason than the option of the other two CK's alongside Marshall would be more iconic to people who haven't played the games instead of the true difference of the characters. It was an OPTION in the way I designed the final smash and gave a perfectly viable alternative if you disliked the usage of them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
wait so if that tour revealing the starting roster is today does that mean we will have an update on the site revealing the remaining starters like ice climbers wario and lucas?
Sakurai doesn't do updates on the weekends, so it would have to be a weekday type of event.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Zoroark could go either way, but people would be more mad at the possibility of his inclusion being at the expense of either Jigglypuff or Mewtwo's inclusion.

As for Aegislash and Sceptile...

Very, very poorly.

It wouldn't even be a "troll" or "Sakurai" move, it would cross the line labeled "dumb" and enter "WTF" territory.

And then people approving because Sakurai.

And then debating, and fighting, and rampant disrespect on the Internet and not in person.

Maybe in person.
Sceptile's a good idea, great design and moveset potential. I don't see a problem here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sceptile's a good idea, great design and moveset potential. I don't see a problem here.
The problem more lies in the fact that of all the three Hoenn starters, Blaziken has the most popularity, as it got a mega evolution before Sceptile and Swampert. Even then, Mewtwo still outranks the Hoenn starters in the popularity department.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Thing with Sceptile is, I don't think he should be there "just to have all 3 starters". And I don't think that would be a priority either.

That said, it IS inside the realm of possibility since, after all, The Pokemon Company is the one who decides which Pokemon characters can get in or not. Also probably depends on wether Sakurai's ideas are to their liking. Which is probably why we still have Jigglypuff (or do we?)

I don't really mind Sceptile. He was my Hoenn main.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
The problem more lies in the fact that of all the three Hoenn starters, Blaziken has the most popularity, as it got a mega evolution before Sceptile and Swampert. Even then, Mewtwo still outranks the Hoenn starters in the popularity department.
If popularity was all that mattered we'd have every single Eveelution and Evee as playable. Popularity didn't stop Ivysaur or greninja.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
My entire stance on Sceptile is that he does complete the starter trinity and gives Hoenn its first rep as a fighter (as OR/AS has been in production for about as long as X/Y when you consider that Game Freak has a separate team for remakes than the original games) and that gives some reasoning for why he's worthy in comparison to some other Pokemon. As a fighter, he could be a Charizard-sized creature with good speed for his large size, an arsenal of zoning moves with that massive tail to really make him stand out in comparison to other fighters while keeping some fairly swift moves with claw swipes and Leaf Blade/Fury Cutter slashes with those wrist-blades. I'd love to see him playable, but he's basically the least likely of my big 4 Nintendo reps for the rest of the roster.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Great and simple idea. It always seems to make his FS the final form, but why not do something different and allow his final form to be an alternate. I really hope this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom