• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changing the Europe Subboard

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Hum I see, so the tier list is based on both american and european metagames ? Japanese's one too ? It makes more sense then, but I was not under this impression :p
I repeat: Tournament results are taken into account when they are available. There are no Japanese tournament results available to us (not to mention they hardly make offline tournaments for Brawl), so we can't include them into our discussions.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sorry for the double post, but... wasn't the European section supposed to go to the frontpage or so? =/

Now this forum is a subboard of a subboard (Europe) of a subboard (Regional) of a subboard (Tournaments)... That won't help us at all. Not to mention we're still at the very end of the list. =.=

Blad01

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post, but... wasn't the European section supposed to go to the frontpage or so? =/

Now this forum is a subboard of a subboard (Europe) of a subboard (Regional) of a subboard (Tournaments)... That won't help us at all. Not to mention we're still at the very end of the list. =.=
Yes, that's also what disapoints me :s
I posted this in MLG thread, you should do the same ;)

Ryuker

Smash Lord
This thread's goal is really confusing me? You want to increase the room for discussion or make the community more visible and attract newcomers? If you ask me there's a lot more that needs to be done to accomplish the latter.

As it is now you have to dig into the boards to find us. Then you hardly see prove of tournaments worth going to cause you can't get a feel of how the community is and the atmoshphere at tournaments is. A few tries at google looking for a euro smash scene didn't return any results on the first page directing me to smashboards or any euro smash board... Heck even looking for a american one didn't. Only looking a a smash bros scene returns smashboards. If your looking for a growth in the community that's where you need to look first cause it's were new comers will look first. Too be honest I think allisbrawl is a lot more attractive to newcomers.

I see the euro section got a bit more sections. That's cool but I don't see much discussion coming. As it is now the amounts of tournaments are low and thus we don't have much to discuss about. All the seriously hardcore debaters discuss in the big brawl or melee section.

You want to increase the community you gotta hold more tournaments. Before you do that you gotta inquire if there's enough interest. If there isn't then don't bother. Same goes for a seperate europe board.

If we want newcomers then we gotta be more easily found on the net. When they find us they gotta be able to get a look at the community, see photo's, video's and reports for example. Get a taste of the atmoshpere without much hassle. Ever visited mlgpro.com? If I was interested in halo tournaments I'd definetly browse there for a while cause there's so much to see. I'd be a lot more convinced to go to a Halo one then a smash one.

But yeah starting something like that requires a lot of work and dedication. And I don't get the idea from the scene as it is that it's really motivated to grow. At least not by the majority.

Top Bottom