• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes to the Sig Shoppe! READ!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello all.

Long time no see? Got some mighty fine sigs there, which is what I wanted to talk about. The Sig Shoppe has been doing well and turned out as good as expected. With this success, we thought of expanding the Sig Shoppe to encompass more than sigs; commissions of all types of art.

Current idea is renaming the Sig Shoppe the "Art Shoppe" and have it be a place where people can request sigs, avatars, commissions, whatever. Set up your art thread and have people role in. Whatever people want will be what fills the room (within the rules, of course).

If you guys think this is a good idea or a bad idea or god Virg you're a stupid moron with an ugly face and big butt and your butt smells and you like to kiss your own butt, I'd like to hear it. If enough people agree, we'll make the changes and tweak the announcements to accommodate.

So, thoughts?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I see no problems with turning this place into an all request subforum.

In that case though should we get rid of the Sig Crit topic (since this place will be for more than just sigs)? Then everything including sigs can be reviewed in the Official Crit Thread in the main forum like it was a few years ago.

E123Omega

Smash Lord
I see no real reason though, is there evidence that doing so will make this sub-forum more active? This place is pretty dang dead (though I believe being limited to just sigs might be having to do something with it)

Neon Ness

I see no real reason though, is there evidence that doing so will make this sub-forum more active? This place is pretty dang dead (though I believe being limited to just sigs might be having to do something with it)
Well the reason that this place was split in the first place was because the AE was all sigs and pretty much nothing else, and we wanted other types of artists to feel welcome here. Maybe it's time to merge the two places again though and have everything in one area.

Plus if you think about it there's really nothing to lose by changing this place. Since it's already dead, if it stays dead, no harm will have been done. If it livens up, great. Tbh though I think an organized shop subforum will bring some more traffic here.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I would DEF like that, since im taking various commissions at the moment :o sounds like a killer idea

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
All right, just renamed the subforum and added a new feature:

Now, when you make a thread, you can add one of three prefixes; Avatar, Signature, or Misc. Thi sis to help immediately identify what type of thread it is in (and to add a little more color). If you guys want different colors for the prefixes, just post a suggestion.

:bee:

Neon Ness

Cooool, thanks a lot man. :D

Now all we need is people willing to start up some shops in here.

Neon Ness

You thinking what I'm thinking?
...Maybe. :awesome:

I probably shouldn't right now though... I'm graduating college in a little over a month, and things are just going to get more hectic from now until May. :[ It's tempting though, I enjoyed our old shop.

Top Bottom