• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Challenges/ Mode Guide

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Jeez, I can't imagine doing the grind again. I'm still working on the hats *over 100 hours in Single Player*.
It'd really help if we were able to get all the unlock item names in English!
I'm doing the grind again! I just have to "collect 3 unique custom outfits" before I finish page 1.

That's just grinding out single player and hoping right? I swear this whole parts thing and streetpass stuff makes me feel old, you know what I mean?

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Actually, I just thought of something. It wonder if it might be better to grind Mews from Masterballs at the start of a new file (when the Pokemon aren't unlocked). It's not efficient to grind them for me now, but I remember I got like 3 Mews with the few CPU FFA games I played.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Actually, I just thought of something. It wonder if it might be better to grind Mews from Masterballs at the start of a new file (when the Pokemon aren't unlocked). It's not efficient to grind them for me now, but I remember I got like 3 Mews with the few CPU FFA games I played.
Maybe.

I have 10 unique headgear parts.

Yay.....

Still grinding classic mode!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that some objectives give you Golden Hammers, but there probably has to be a couple objectives that are immune to Golden Hammers.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I know that some objectives give you Golden Hammers, but there probably has to be a couple objectives that are immune to Golden Hammers.
Now that you mention it there's something kind of like that, it's split into pages and I can't seem to use hammers from one page on another.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
There's like 5 objectives that can't break with hammers. One of them is moving a certain amount of distance. Most of them are on the 2nd/3rd page I think. Golden Hammers don't carry over to the next page, and I think you get 3 or 4 per page.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
There's like 5 objectives that can't break with hammers. One of them is moving a certain amount of distance. Most of them are on the 2nd/3rd page I think. Golden Hammers don't carry over to the next page, and I think you get 3 or 4 per page.
I'm pretty tempted to use one of the page 1 hammers on this freaking costume thing, if I don't use it here it's pretty much wasted completely right?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm pretty tempted to use one of the page 1 hammers on this freaking costume thing, if I don't use it here it's pretty much wasted completely right?
yes it would be wasted. They don't carry over to the next page.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In the US version Brawl, one of the objectives that you couldn't use the Golden Hammer on is clearing Classic Mode on the Intense skill level. However, you could still use a Golden Hammer for the clearing All-Star Mode on the Intense skill level objective.

I have a feeling that the objective where you have to clear Classic Mode with an intensity level of 9 is probably immune to Golden Hammers. That may have to be tested out though.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I only have one more challenge on the first page "collect 3 types of custom outfits". Where do you get them?

Have I just been unlucky?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
In the US version Brawl, one of the objectives that you couldn't use the Golden Hammer on is clearing Classic Mode on the Intense skill level. However, you could still use a Golden Hammer for the clearing All-Star Mode on the Intense skill level objective.

I have a feeling that the objective where you have to clear Classic Mode with an intensity level of 9 is probably immune to Golden Hammers. That may have to be tested out though.
No need to test, it's already written in Japanese: http://gamers-high.com/smbr-3ds/clear-getter.html

First Page: C2 (Play Trophy Rush), C4 (Play Homerun Contest), C6 (Win with Captain Falcon 3 times in VS)
2nd Page: A1 (Get 1st in Smash Run with 5 fighters), A4 (Make 4 custom characters), D5 (Play for over 10 hours in versus)
3rd Page: B4 (Walk 50 km), C3 (Collect 500 trophies), D6 (Have the game on for over 20 hours)

Those are the only restrictions for the hammers.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
No need to test, it's already written in Japanese: http://gamers-high.com/smbr-3ds/clear-getter.html

First Page: C2 (Play Trophy Rush), C4 (Play Homerun Contest), C6 (Win with Captain Falcon 3 times in VS)
2nd Page: A1 (Get 1st in Smash Run with 5 fighters), A4 (Make 4 custom characters), D5 (Play for over 10 hours in versus)
3rd Page: B4 (Walk 50 km), C3 (Collect 500 trophies), D6 (Have the game on for over 20 hours)

If you use a hammer, do you see a hammer icon on the box you opened or does it show the picture like it would when you complete that requirement?

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If you use a hammer, do you see a hammer icon on the box you opened or does it show the picture like it would when you complete that requirement?
It shows the picture. The hammers on the side of the picture will be gray if used. I used Hammers on the first/second page in order to speed up collecting information for the OP. BTW, If you use it on something that's unbreakable, the hammer will be wasted.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You will eventually get a ton of outfits, so you can either start to work towards the 2nd page requirements (they will become unlocked when the page unlocks, so don't worry you won't need to do it again), or if you are really impatient just use a hammer. Like @ smashbro29 smashbro29 and I have said, hammers don't carry over to the new page.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

At least all of those objectives are easy to achieve. Brawl truly was a beast with the Boss Battle objectives.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I can help with stuff if you guys want. I have all the trophies/challenges in my japanese version (an almost all the Mii hats), and I'm restarting the grind too xD

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Ok, I just unlocked Page 3 of the achievement list without getting everything on page 2. :S Why is this game so weird?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
So for destroy all the red targets in target smash I ran into a weird issue.

I have a replay of myself doing it yet it's not crossed off the challenge list.

Unless trophy icons count as red targets?

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
So for destroy all the red targets in target smash I ran into a weird issue.

I have a replay of myself doing it yet it's not crossed off the challenge list.

Unless trophy icons count as red targets?
They do. A trophy or custom move icon randomly replaces one of the targets.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
For those who don't use the metric system:
Panel 1:
A7: Hit Sandbag 984ft. or more
Panel 2:
D1: Hit Sandbag 1968ft. or more
Panel 3:
A2: Hit Sandbag 3280ft. or more
B4: Walk at least 31 miles total between all fighters
C2: Hit Sandbag a total of 49212ft. between all fighters
D2: Jump at least 6 miles total between all fighters

I really don't see why NoA converts away from such round numbers to use the stupid system we use. :/

Anyway, I'm having a lot of trouble getting any KOs in cruel melee. Any pointers? Nevermind saw the link at the top of page two.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
50 hours of local regular matches? Jeez.

Time to leave the thing on.
I think it's like Mewtwo's unlock system in Melee, so if you played online with 4 people it would only be 12.5 hours (it's a long time, but you will definitely hit that before you are finished grinding hats. Seriously, can't stress how much I hate grinding for hats enough...it's the last thing I need to accomplish in single player!).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that pages 1 and 2 can give you up to three Golden Hammers each, but how many can you get on page 3? I know that Golden Hammers can't be transferred over to other pages, which is why I'm asking this.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
I know that pages 1 and 2 can give you up to three Golden Hammers each, but how many can you get on page 3? I know that Golden Hammers can't be transferred over to other pages, which is why I'm asking this.
There's 3 on each panel.
They are indicated by being a lighter shade of blue than the other incomplete challenges, so I can confirm Panel 3's by having two hammers already and one light blue incomplete challenge.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's 3 on each panel.
They are indicated by being a lighter shade of blue than the other incomplete challenges, so I can confirm Panel 3's by having two hammers already and one light blue incomplete challenge.
That's not good, considering that there are two Cruel Smash challenges, Classic on intensity level 9, and even the infamous 100-Man Smash with every fighter.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I think it's like Mewtwo's unlock system in Melee, so if you played online with 4 people it would only be 12.5 hours (it's a long time, but you will definitely hit that before you are finished grinding hats. Seriously, can't stress how much I hate grinding for hats enough...it's the last thing I need to accomplish in single player!).
Online is not "Smash". It seems like only things you can pick under "smash" count.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn : I hate to tell you this, but the list of objectives that Golden Hammers can't be used on is apparently incomplete. Someone named @Game&Watcher mentioned that "Classic mode on 9.0" can't be broken with Golden Hammers.

Edit: Apparently, the objectives that are immune to Golden Hammers are completely different for the US copies.

Page 2
C6: Defeat Master Core

Page 3
A1: Classic mode on 9.0
B2: Clear Single Player with all fighters
B7: Clear All Star with all the fighters

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

That's really interesting. I wonder why they would switch those around....Are the ones I listed before still blocked off?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

That's really interesting. I wonder why they would switch those around....Are the ones I listed before still blocked off?

Oddly enough, no. The Golden Hammer immune objectives are completely different for the North American and European versions, so it's very obvious that the Japanese version got off easy.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Yesterday I grinded out 100 man smash.

Originally my best time was with Sonic 2:57 just for the achievement.

I got much lower with other characters without even trying, got Jigglypuff done in 2:29

All I have left to do is All-Star mode, getting every piece of equipment and 500/600 trophies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I've almost given up on getting all the hats. I have over 100 hours in Single Player, and I can't get myself in the mood to grind endlessly...so instead I've started to play online. Let me know if you ever figure out anything with the drop system.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
What does "Every Smash Run Item" entail?
It means the powers you can use in Smash Run, like Spinning Blades.

A7: Collect all the custom moves, hats and costumes [ Miki from Style Savvy trophy]

Does this mean you don't need to collect all the Equipment to change stats? That makes perfect sense since they seem infinite.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
For somebody who has played about 95 hours of the game, I'm getting close to completing all the challenges without using any hammers at all.

Clearing smash run with everyone was easy because I actually love that mode

Clearing 100 man melee with everyone is actually not too hard this time around as the mode is incredibly easy and it takes roughly every fighter about 2-4 minutes to complete, this is actually FASTER than completing All star or Classic. As for All star and Classic, those are taking a bit, I only have about 3 characters left before im done with that though. The one that concerns me the most is getting the "Collect all the custom moves, hats and costumes". This is actually taking a long time and can be completely random, but I suppose I'll get it eventually.

That being said, I've already convinced myself Im not using any of the hammers, because if I do I haven't even really completed the achievement. It's kind of a cheezy way out imo, and once you've used it, that hammer is gone and you can never have proof of ever actually completing the thing.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I've almost given up on getting all the hats. I have over 100 hours in Single Player, and I can't get myself in the mood to grind endlessly...so instead I've started to play online. Let me know if you ever figure out anything with the drop system.
Honestly, I have 3 hammers, I only care about trophies anyhow I'll probably hammer the smash run items and other item related things.

Not using hammers is silly, I don't need a badge that I wasted X amount of time doing something I don't want to do.

Top Bottom