• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Challenges/ Mode Guide

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Honestly, I have 3 hammers, I only care about trophies anyhow I'll probably hammer the smash run items and other item related things.

Not using hammers is silly, I don't need a badge that I wasted X amount of time doing something I don't want to do.
I'm a completionist at heart. I've 100% every other Smash game. I can't consider my game finished until I find all the effects and hats (Even though there is no achievement for the effects).

That being said, I've already convinced myself Im not using any of the hammers, because if I do I haven't even really completed the achievement. It's kind of a cheezy way out imo, and once you've used it, that hammer is gone and you can never have proof of ever actually completing the thing.
I feel the same way! I used the hammers on pages 1 and 2 in order to compile information for the OP, but I'm also aiming for a hammer free page three.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Had over 50,000 gold so I decided to try farming Trophy Rush for the rest of the hats. I now have 2 more to collect (Peach and Frog).

Here's some hat farming data from Trophy Rush:

65 runs, with 2:30 minutes.

I only started counting after I (finally) got the Fancy Pirate Hat.

Chef Hat -> Fancy Pirate Hat: 4 custom wrenches
Pirate -> Roman: 6 custom wrenches
Roman -> X-mas: 43 custom wrenches *
X-mas -> Samurai: 7 custom wrenches, 3 rounds
Samurai -> Dragon: 4 custom wrenches, 3 rounds

From here I used exclusively Peach:

Dragon -> Daisy: 20 custom wrenches, 3 rounds
Daisy-> Mario: 16 custom wrenches, 6 rounds
Mario -> Swimming Cap: 7 custom wrenches, 3 rounds
Swimming Cap -> Flower Master: 11 custom wrenches, 5 rounds
Flower Master -> Floral Hat: 5 custom wrenches, 2 rounds
Flora Hat -> Prince Hat: 9 custom wrenches, 3 rounds

*I was switching characters often, as I was trying to get all the characters up.

Average Amount of Rounds for a Hat: 3.5 rounds
Average Amount of Custom Wrenches for a Hat: 12 custom wrenches
Average Amount of Custom Wrenches not including *: 8.9

High Score Video *Over 500,000!:

6 Custom Wrenches in 1 Game:

Last edited:

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
I got 682 Trophies, and one more challenge left. I got the rest of the trophies pretty fast but this last one just won't appear in the shop.
I have every custom move and everything, just the hats left. I just counted and I have 48 hats, this is gonna be horrible. I've already done countless smash runs and everything. This is far worse then the sticker grind, and that was already way too much bull****.

linhgame

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Linh-Game
3DS FC
1736-0779-8050
I got 682 Trophies, and one more challenge left. I got the rest of the trophies pretty fast but this last one just won't appear in the shop.
I have every custom move and everything, just the hats left. I just counted and I have 48 hats, this is gonna be horrible. I've already done countless smash runs and everything. This is far worse then the sticker grind, and that was already way too much bull****.
I'm in the same spot has you, I also have 48 hats and have been grinding way to much for the damn hats...

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
I'm grinding classic with the mii fighter just in case it has more chance to get hats. Good thing the Swordsman Gale Strike absolutely WRECKS multi-man and Master core. 9.0 is a joke now.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The SmashWiki says otherwise though, as it shows as many as 60 hats.
Here's the extra 5 not on my list:

Doggy Cap
Gentlewoman's Hat
Kabuto Helmet
Morikami Hat
Woman's Headdress

I think these are just incorrect translation of hats.
もりがみのぼうし -> Morikami Hat (Beehive Wig) [They mixed up the K and the G in Japanese]
カブトのぼうし -> Kabuto Hat (Spartan Hat) [They just romanized the Japanese]
Doggy Cap is probably the same as the Dog Hat *Maybe European?*
Gentlewoman's Hat is probably the Mini Top Hat *Maybe European?*

I haven't been able to find any extra hats in Japanese lists, nor pictures of these English hats.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Okay. I've managed to clear Classic on intensity 9.0 the other day, so all that I'm doing now is just grinding for equipment, custom specials, suits, and headgear, along with collecting trophies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How would you recommend grinding for that stuff? Smash run? Trophy rush?
Classic Mode, Smash Run, or Trophy Rush can help with getting some custom equipment. Just keep in mind that Classic Mode doesn't let you get more than 5 equipment parts in one stage, even on the higher intensity levels. Also, in Smash Run, using a certain character doesn't guarantee that you'll get his/her custom specials every time.

Top Bottom