• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Challenges/ Mode Guide

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
SEE OP for Challenge List

Quick Multi-Man Melee Guide:

Cruel Melee: Based off of this video:

Using Wario, run to the edge and jump off. Then press forward. During your short invincibility frames, grab the opponent and throw him backwards. Wario is used because he will knock the other Miis back while back throwing. Once the throw is complete, chase the Mii off the stage, and hang on the ledge again. Rinse and repeat until you have reached at least 4.

Endless Melee: Based off my experience:

Use Bowser. The only attacks you need are smashes and down aerial. Stand on a platform and try to time the smashes so it hits all the Miis. Every 25 K.Os a fighter comes on the stage, thus disrupting the easy 5 K.O. Mii kills. They should also easy to K.O.

3 Minute Melee:

Use a similar approach to Endless Melee.

Other:

Homerun Contest: Based off of this video:

Use Ganondorf. Forward smash 2 times, then Forward A attack 8 times. Pick up the bat and smash quickly. You should get over 1,000 M.

Smash Bomb:

The key point is timing. Once you hit the bomb, the timer starts. The bomb blows up at 0, even if you are in the process of hitting it. Before starting, touch the bottom screen to see the whole screen and to figure out where to aim. The higher the damage the bomb receives, the further it will fly/ the speed it flies will increase. First aim for the top section and try to clear as much as possible. Then, aim for the bottom section by smashing the bomb into the back wall.

Smash Run:

The getting 1st place with all fighters in Smash Run takes a long time to complete as the prep is 5 minutes, and then a battle follows. Here's my preferred load out for most of the fighters.

(Green Speed Icon) 走行速度アップのスビードバッジ: +17 Speed, -23 Attack: (Special Ability:走行速度アップ Increases speed by 1.3) -2 load out *REQUIRES A4 on Page 2 of challenges to unlock

(Red Attack Icon) アート回復のアタックバッジ +13 Attack, -33 Defense (Special Ability: アート回復 heals a little damage every so often.) *REQUIRES B7 on Page 2 of challenges to unlock

I either then went with:

(Green Speed Icon) ジャンプ強化のスピードバッジ +21 Speed, -33 Attack (Special Ability: ジャンプ強化 increases jump by 1.2)  -2 load out *REQUIRES B6 of Page 3 to unlock

OR:

(Red Attack Icon) ハイパースマッシュのアタックバッジ +13 Attack, -27 Defense (Special Ability ハイパースマッシュ Increases smash time by a bit, but increases damage by 1.3) **REQUIRES A6 on Page 2 of challenges to unlock

In Smash Run, speed and attack are essential in order to move around the map quickly and get more power ups. There is a chance that shield items will not help you in the deciding round as you could get "Climb to the Top" or "Race to the Finish", so I generally ignored them. I choice these not because of the stats, but because of their special abilities. The healing equipment is particularly useful as you move around the field. The other ones that are unlocked with page 3 challenges may be better, and I'll update this post if that is the case.

For Items I generally went with the following:

水平ビーム (Red icon, Purple beam shooting to the right): Shoots a beam to the right of you.
オート回復 (Blue icon, Heart with a timer and sparkles) Heals you.
天の光 (Red icon, Light around a green figure) Surronds with you with a heavenly light. damaging enemies
ふっとびリング (Red icon, Green figure surrounded by two rings) knocks enemies back

Each item has different levels, so you will collect the same item 4 times. So after you collect a bunch, you will have a lot of choices on how many times you can use that item/ability in Smash Run.

Match Types:

Free For All
Team Battle
For Glory style
Flower
Stanima
Mushroom
Mr. Saturn
Race to the Finish
Climb to the Top
Defeat the Enemies (Smash, Mario, Kirby and Kid Icarus themed)
Multi-Man Melee

The only challenges I have left are the finish on 9.0/ collect all of X/ finish X with all the fighters. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Last edited:

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Defeat the Enemies (Smash themed)

Does this mean the Subspace enemies or the other enemy groups that aren't big enough on their own, so they're all together here?

Astrogamer

Smash Cadet
Page 1
A7: The trophy is Bonkers (From Kirby)
C5: Cragalanche
Mario Star Man Trophy might be the reward for the first page since I've seen unlocked on the first page but all the challenges are filled up
Page 2
D2: Fire Stingray

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@Porti requested this information, but I think it would be useful for everyone.

Note: あり means "on" and なし means "off".

Additional Rules Translation:

(Clock) Stock Time Limit
(Broken Heart) Team Attack
(Pause) Pause (On or off)
(Clock digits) Score Display
(%) Damage Display
(Angel) Self Destruct Points
(Book) Random Stage Switch

Please let me know if you have any translation requests in the thread. If you would like trophy descriptions, please send a picture of the trophy.

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I know this will sound stupid but please translate the item settings for me. I set it to on, select my items go back and no items appear.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I know this will sound stupid but please translate the item settings for me. I set it to on, select my items go back and no items appear.
If the orange is on the でる (the right side) then items are turned on. Make sure you also don't go into a final destination mode of a stage.

I wonder what you'll get for completing every challenge.
Probably a new trophy, as they don't have a "collect all the trophies" challenge.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
How do I get smash items?

Is clearing the blocks in figure rush cumulative? Or is it asking for all that in one try? Cumulative.

How do I get custom parts? Is that just some of the random stuff that comes in in single player modes?

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
How do I get smash items?

Is clearing the blocks in figure rush cumulative? Or is it asking for all that in one try? Cumulative.

How do I get custom parts? Is that just some of the random stuff that comes in in single player modes?
Figure Rush is cumulative.

Custom parts and Smash items are found by playing almost every mode. The best way to farm them, in my opinion, is to play single player Classic on higher difficulty. Some people prefer playing Smash Run to collect them.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Figure Rush is cumulative.

Custom parts and Smash items are found by playing almost every mode. The best way to farm them, in my opinion, is to play single player Classic on higher difficulty. Some people prefer playing Smash Run to collect them.
It's taking me forever!

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
How I felt every time I got hit while doing Cruel Melee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6blEjab9wU
Not that bad though, took multiple tries but no longer than ten minutes all together.

Edit:
If you're having trouble with the combos, just max out damage and mash grab with Ness. Got over a hundred without trying.

Having trouble with 9.0 Classic. Tips?
I've tried with DK who I feel is my best with signleplayer stuff but that damn final boss.

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
A2: Get a 40 combo in training [Smash Item]

So what's the exploit this time? I tried Fox rapid A against Bowser near a wall and it didn't come close.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice

So what's the exploit this time? I tried Fox rapid A against Bowser near a wall and it didn't come close.
Read my post right above yours.
You don't only get the 40 hit combo done but you'll also do 100.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Has anyone figured out yet how to get the 20 counters in StreetPass game?
You can accomplish the challenge through practice mode. Just press the shield button, and then A in succession.

Smart bombs. A ton of them.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
Beating 10 Man Melee in under twenty seconds I used Charizard but I imagine this can be done with just about anyone if you try enough times.

However both scoring over 50 points in Rival Melee and killing 110 people in 3:00 Melee I did with Metaknight.
In Rival you fight a CPU as the same character, so this creates a problem for most of the roster but as MK you can spam the crap out of something the CPU won't; his air moves. So jump around like a mad man and spam those f.airs, b.airs, u.airs and d.airs. Also make sure to use the POW blocks, bombs, ray guns and even turrets that pass by. With the ray gun just sit on the ledge, hop and shoot if someone is on the lower platforms or just sit and shoot anyone on the base stage. Using the gun will both kill the Mii's and keep the enemy MK at bay. Once you have fifty more kills than the enemy you can SD or try to get a even higher score.

Moving on to 3:00 Melee it's pretty much the exact same thing but without the distraction of a opponent. Still get the POW blocks and the bombs but you can ignore the ray gun and the turret. I thin kthe order is set to be the same which is: Zelda, giant Duck Hunt, Jigglypuff, giant Ness and then Metaknight but you don't even need to get this far.

Obviously only use this method if the one with Bowser at the top of the page doesn't work for you.

I'm working on a 9.0 guide if anyone was having trouble: http://smashboards.com/threads/classic-9-0-intensity-strategies-spoilers.368873/

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
How do I get B2: Get Streetpass Brawl 5 times [ Smash item]

I honestly never cared about streetpasses before this game.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
"Clear 3.000 or more blocks in Trophy Rush"

With this one is it total among every character? or is it with one character?
Among every characters.

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
C7: Play 50 hours in multiplayer [TV Game 15 trophy]

Does it need to be with other humans or does it just have to be versus mode?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
C7: Play 50 hours in multiplayer [TV Game 15 trophy]

Does it need to be with other humans or does it just have to be versus mode?
I believe all VS, Internet and Local count.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So vs the CPU is good?
Yes, I believe CPU will count. I haven't gotten this challenge yet, so I'm not 100% sure. It's one of the 6 I'm still working towards.

Here's the Japanese description: 対戦のプレイ時間がのべ50時間を超える(総プレイ時間×参加人数で計算)

Which translates as: Fight for over 50 hours (Whole time playing times the number of participants).

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Time to leave my 3DS on!
It's not game time. Its time in a match. Think Mewtwo, in Melee. I have over 50 hours with game time, and haven't unlocked it yet.

Last edited:

Astrogamer

Smash Cadet
A couple translations for Page 3 of Challenges
A1 - Ketzal's Corridor
A7 -Miki from Style Savvy - this might be different in the localized release because I searched up Miki Style Savvy and it says she was changed.
C6 - Shadow the Hedgehog
E7 - His localized name is Wentworth
Also the reward for page 3 appears to be Gold Bone, the boss from Mii Force

RunningTiger

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chase64Cubed
Anybody have all the hats/outfits yet? I just want to know how many I still need.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Wouldn't it be smarter to do anything relating to all-star before you unlock anything?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wouldn't it be smarter to do anything relating to all-star before you unlock anything?
Yes it would. Not sure if it counts without all the fighters unlocked (Don't see why it wouldn't). Testing needs to be done.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Yes it would. Not sure if it counts without all the fighters unlocked (Don't see why it wouldn't). Testing needs to be done.
I beat it on hard before unlocking everybody. I'll see what happens when page 2 opens up.

I'm on the US version now.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I beat it on hard before unlocking everybody. I'll see what happens when page 2 opens up.

I'm on the US version now.
Jeez, I can't imagine doing the grind again. I'm still working on the hats *over 100 hours in Single Player*.
It'd really help if we were able to get all the unlock item names in English!

Top Bottom