• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challengers Revealed in Stream (SPOILERS!)

Zoa

Smash Ace
#1: If Alph is a character with his own slot, he would be on www.smashbros.com with his own new spot just like every single other character in this history of this game has gotten on the day of their announcement.
#2: This picture

#3: That's all I got... I will admit... Sakurai worded it in a way that makes it sound like Alph is a new character, but what I think he meant is that when you change to the Alph costumes, his name at least changes. (I would assume the announcer also says "Alph!" instead of "Olimar!"

I'm quite pleased about it! It's kinda like getting 2 for the price of one. I wish they would have given Peach an actual Daisy alt... instead of just a Daisy recolor.
I already said I was wrong in a previously edited post after doing some more delving. Check the bottom of page three. I agree. I'm liking this as well.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Does anyone know where can I watch the stream on ipad? Has anyone uploaded the stream on youtube yet?

Munky7800

Smash Rookie
H
I think I may have evidence for m2. Why is falco down with pokemon and away from fox in the menu. I think he will be pushed up when m2 gets unlocked.
No.....he is gone. Out. Missing. Not present. Retired. Not in the game.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
To be honest if he was really a stage boss Sakurai wouldn't have teased him, and no word from him speaking about Ridley has been said so much afterward. Its just STRANGE and I feel like Sakurai is pushing a few buttons. I want Ridley in but not as much as the Ridley supporters, he'd just be a big bonus for me.
Actually, Ridley was never teased as a playable character, not even once. He was only teased as a stage boss and that's it. From there, fans decided to believe otherwise; this premise about Ridley still having a chance based on that and Sakurai being a "master troll" is just a concept inside the fans' heads. I think hope is ok, but not at the expense of reason that it becomes delusion and blind faith.

FieryFetus

Smash Cadet
NNID
FieryFetus
3DS FC
1263-7040-1503

I think of this when I see people complain Mewtwo isn't in.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
H

No.....he is gone. Out. Missing. Not present. Retired. Not in the game.
Do not rule anything out or pretend you know whats going on until the wii u version comes out. Shooting down someones suggestion isn't helping people cope with the roster leaks and news.. I am sure some air will be cleared tomorrow during the digital event. until then people need to chill.

Wii U is supposed to be a console selling game title.. so use common sense before assuming the best gaming company in the industry will not have special surprises up their sleeves for the biggest 2014-2105 title release for the wii u. Nintendo knows they need to hit a grand damn slam with smash wii u.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Ness buffed? Magicant? Could Magicant be a legal stage? I sure hope so! Someone have the video of this stage?

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
From what I've been watching, yes. Attacks look the same, could be some property changes but it's not distinctive to make him a different character (for ex. his b (arrow) only go straight (streamer probably never moved arrow idk)). Final Smash has not been shown yet to my knowledge
I Believe it has something to do with the dark pit staff from KI:U

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Can someone send me a link of the stream please? I can't find it anywhere on my twitch app.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
yeah haha. definitely some missed opportunities I think, not to mention it would definitely be easier for the sake of teams if there was a red or a green Sonic or what have you. same goes for Pac-Man
Since sonic doesn't have a metal sonic skin, it would be pretty funny if sonic turned into metal sonic when he hits the metal block.

Last edited:

BenJamesMc

Smash Rookie
It seems the 3DS characters are complete, but is it likely that some characters could be transferred from the Wii U version to the 3DS? There must be some more incentive to own both games, also it gives the developers extra time and adds excitement to the Wii U release. If there were trophies found for any potential characters it would be probably rule them out for DLC or transfer (e.g. I noticed Krystal from Starfox was a trophy so they mustn't be planning her for anything). If there weren't trophies for characters like Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Issac or Ice Climbers I'd be really suspicious. Hopefully the interest is not over.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
So lemme get this straight. The following characters didn't make it:
ICs
Ivysaur
Lucas
Mewtwo
Pichu
PT
Roy
Snake
Squirtle
Wolf
Young Link

Easier to process if it's in front of me; so, that's 7 characters cut from Brawl. Well it's disappointing that ICs and my main Lucas didn't make it, but I admit this still sounds like a solid cast.

Last edited:

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Only thing I found is the three link which won't work with my ipad, I'm not that dumb dude.
could have fooled me, did you maybe idk try searching up their usernames or maybe just searched Smash? I have an Ipda and that is how it worked for me c'mon think

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
So does anyone know what the unlocking conditions are for everyone? I haven't been able to catch the stream at all today

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I already said I was wrong in a previously edited post after doing some more delving. Check the bottom of page three. I agree. I'm liking this as well.
Oh good... I hope I didn't sound rude at all. You actually had rationale behind your thoughts. Most people were saying things like "WHAT?! A clone character for OLIMAR?! This game is gonna SUCK!"

I think of this when I see people complain Mewtwo isn't in.
This is the best thing I've ever seen in my life.

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Wait just a minute Mario has eight reps (let's face it Yoshi's a Mario character again) while Zelda didn't get a newcomer, Earthbound, Pokemon, and Starfox dropped in representation, the Ice Climbers were cut, Yoshi is no longer a series, F-Zero, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Pikmin, Kirby, and Warioware didn't get new reps, and Dark Pit's a character while Alf, Dark Link, and Dark Samus are alts despite two of them are still semi relevant AND have moveset potential in Rock Pikmin and Dark Samus' play style being completely different from Samus in her games. Don't get me wrong I love all the newcomers, (well I'm neutral about the Villager) but I'm still a little unsatisfied. Oh well, the characters I'm planning on maining look awesome in this round of smash.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Oh good... I hope I didn't sound rude at all. You actually had rationale behind your thoughts. Most people were saying things like "WHAT?! A clone character for OLIMAR?! This game is gonna SUCK!"

This is the best thing I've ever seen in my life.
Nah. You're good. Any person who lets that kind of thing get to them needs to get their priorities straightened.

Also I absolutely LIKE that video. I was laughing my ass off. Thanks, @ FieryFetus FieryFetus .

Last edited:

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
"He has pretty much the same set skills as Olimar since he's basically just his variation. He can't use Rock Pikmin either."

"They are different characters, so they each get their own title treatment on the character-selection screen. See? It says Alph."

It's these two quotes from the PotD that lead me to believe Alph is clone with different attributes similar to Lucina. He flat out says they get different treatment on the character select screen, so couple that with the first quote and it can lead one to believe Alph was just another clone getting his own slot on the roster. Sakurai being vague in his wording.
He is a VARIATION...plus costumes have already been sown. He points out he gets his name on the title screen why would he need to if Alph had a spot? If you think a little more its really obvious.

Zoa

Smash Ace
He is a VARIATION...plus costumes have already been sown. He points out he gets his name on the title screen why would he need to if Alph had a spot? If you think a little more its really obvious.
Go back and read my conversation with BobEugCox. It's been done.

Om3g@

Smash Rookie
B-but the Modnado said that the CSS wasn't final.... I WANTED TO BELIEVE! ;~;

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
People have a right to be disappointed about the cuts. Wolf was one of my favorites in Brawl. But let's cool our jets for a minute and realize that there weren't even that many cuts to begin with.

Let's be glad that not only is the roster even bigger than Brawl's, but also that NEARLY everybody made it back. I was worried that Game and Watch, Ike and Lucario were gonna get it. And I'm sure others were too. But MOST of my favorites are still here. And the ones that aren't were replaced by characters that for the most part add more to the series then low hanging fruit like Lucas and Wolf ever did. Let's be honest, Lucas' moves can be easily customized onto Ness (let's hope they do that).

I too was hoping for Mewtwo but it just ain't gonna happen. If losing a favorite means having to play as Mega Man, Little Mac and Rosalina instead, I think the latter sounds like a better option.

Last edited:

BenJamesMc

Smash Rookie
If losing a favorite means having to play as Mega Man, Little Mac and Rosalina instead, I think the latter sounds like a better option.
Why don't we have both?

New is better than old though (but still Dr Mario is just a bit unsettling as the only fighter to make a comeback after missing Brawl. Sakurai, such a troll)

Top Bottom