• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Challenger Pack 11 Reaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’d like to take this moment to ask my good friend SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 a question.

Ahem

Where’s Crash? No really, where is he? I don’t see him.

I see Sora, that’s pretty cool! But I don’t see Crash..

Oh wait, I know why! CUZ HE’S NOT GETTING IN!

LIKE. I. TOLD YOU.

I win! I win the bet! The remaining turtles ain’t in Nick brawl either, so I win both bets!

I ****ING WIN!

YEAH MOTHER ****** YEAH

NEVER DOUBT THE NOI

GET

****ING

DUUUNKED OOOOOOOON
You are a sad strange little man. And you have my pitty.

I’ll let you know my thoughts when i’m done with Deltarune. Have fun with your… victory. I guess.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I can't believe I campaigned, fought, argued, for Sora for the past 4 years.
Only to hear from Sakurai, that he worked with Iwata to get Sora in Smash, since the smash ballot, even if it means lying about the results.
It feels...So hard to believe yet.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I hate to pull this on you but we have your word about being wrong.
Honestly I am probably going to disappear regardless because the speculation and the hype behind the speculation is the best part of Smash for me now(I will be here long enough to take my lumps if I am somehow wrong though).

But I might stick around if Nahobino is really good and I am not still hopeless at Smash like I was playing 64 and Melee.

As my username says, I will buy Smash Ultimate once my most wanted is revealed(my most wanted being a SMT rep) and that might lead to a renewed love for the series and staying here as a consequence.
We told you. Simple as that. Now let people be happy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also, may I just say - this is not an indictment of the content we got. Especially what just happened.

But how did we go through the entirety of DLC, with all the licenses they managed to acquire, and all the companies that were on board, and we didn't get any form whatsoever

of Ryu Hayabusa. I'm not even an active supporter or anything.

But how did that happen. Or I guess, not happen.

Weird.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You are a sad strange little man. And you have my pitty.

I’ll let you know my thoughts when i’m done with Deltarune. Have fun with your… victory. I guess.
It’s just a little gloating, bro. Don’t know why you gotta try and make me look like a weirdo for it. You woulda done the same.

Anyway, knowing you you’re probably gonna hate Deltarune. But that’s the way the bet goes, so Y’know :drshrug:

Last edited:

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
God damn, I really thought it was gonna be Master Chief when they started showing those Mii Gunner outfits.

Anyways, this was the best reveal for me, personally. Finally got a specific character want from the DLC. It's been a while since my eyes got watery during a Smash reveal (last time was with Snake in the "Everyone is Here" reveal). Can't wait to try him out on the 18th.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Wow, they actually did it! I'm glad my friend roped me into playing the KH games beforehand, this is exciting!

Playstyle-wise, Sora really is an aerial fighter, and he looks like a lot of fun. Hollow Bastion/Dive into the Heart is a great idea for a stage too. The only thing I'm bummed about is the music selection, but this is still incredible overall!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If there's one thing this Season did for me, it allowed me to hold out hope for Tekken even after the Heihachi Mii costume and I got that. The wild ride ends, at least until the next console generation. I was up all night working on stuff while waiting for the Smash reveal, so at least I was productive during the horrible sleep schedule.

Congrats to the Sora fans, ***** finally made it in. He looks kind of neat. I'll try him out a bit when I finally get the DLC.

I'm tired right now, and I'm going to crash and get some sleep.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I had my doubts Sora would be added to Smash because of Disney, but to see him actually be added to the game as the final DLC fighter sure is mind-blowing. The odds have been defied, and him being the final Smash Ultimate fighter sure is an epic way to end the reveals this game has had. Pretty mind-blowing too to hear that he was the the most requested fighter from the Smash Ballot, so it really does seem like Sakurai wanted to save Sora for a very special occassion: that occasion being the end of Smash Ultimate's DLC content, but I can tell it took a while to get him added with the third party negotiations that needed to happen.

Thank you Sakurai for all you have done for Smash Ultimate! You definitely gave us a game full of many hype and amazing content, and you deserve a long rest with the conclusion of such an ultimate game!

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It’s just a little gloating, bro. Don’t know why you gotta try and make me look like a weirdo for it. You woulda done the same.

Anyway, knowing you you’re probably gonna hate Deltarune. But that’s the way the bet goes, so Y’know :drshrug:
NOI

NOI CHILL

THE WAR IS OVER NOI CHILL

YOU DONT GOTTA DO 'EM LIKE THAT

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I mean. If it had been Crash I was just gonna be incredibly smug.

Like I don’t hate Sora. I actually think he’s a rather cool addition. But I gotta say. The characters that aren’t here sting because you know everyone isn’t gonna make it back in the next game and like… crash and Geno (hypothetically) getting in the next one isn’t gonna feel like much when they came at the expense of so many others

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Best way they could possibly end this game. Since unlike Chief or Crash, Sora is a worldwide requested character, while also being the hardest to get.
I don't wanna sound repetitive but I think we've gotten to the point this feels like a lucid dream of sorts, can't believe this is a game in which we have both Sora and Minecraft Steve. And unlike stuff like SSF2 or MUGEN, this is official.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, may I just say - this is not an indictment of the content we got. Especially what just happened.

But how did we go through the entirety of DLC, with all the licenses they managed to acquire, and all the companies that were on board, and we didn't get any form whatsoever

of Ryu Hayabusa. I'm not even an active supporter or anything.

But how did that happen. Or I guess, not happen.

Weird.
Yeah, no Hayabusa at all hurts. Just a little.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean. If it had been Crash I was just gonna be incredibly smug.

Like I don’t hate Sora. I actually think he’s a rather cool addition. But I gotta say. The characters that aren’t here sting because you know everyone isn’t gonna make it back in the next game and like… crash and Geno (hypothetically) getting in the next one isn’t gonna feel like much when they came at the expense of so many others
Well yeah, those are valid thoughts to have. I’m a crash fan too, Y’know.

But I still had to do my victory laps, dawg. I won the bet, let me soak in it a little.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
As a SMT fan, everyone warned you about trying to tie literally every small thing to Nahobino, but you didn't listen.
Nintendo is not as good at marketing as I thought.

Now SMT V will barely sell more than SMT IV despite a massive budget increase from Atlus, and Smash(and possibly Nintendo itself) is going to be killed by Disney like they killed Star Wars and are trying to do to Marvel.

Now for Smash 6 people will either expect every character under the sun and use Sora as an excuse for why Nintendo failed by not bringing that character, or Smash will now get every big character ever and no one will care about Smash reveals after that point.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I am once again reminded that we barely got any promotional art for a lot of the newcomers in this game ala Smash 4 and now I'm sad.

Sora definitely would have had something cool looking.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've only ever played Chain of Memories on the gba.

I'm not even a KH fan

Yet I'm still smiling
I’ve been interested in kingdom hearts for a while, but I never got around to it.

Not only is this rad, but KH is coming to the switch too??

This is a win/win for me!

Man, I’m gonna be playing my switch a lot next year…

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Now SMT V will barely sell more than SMT IV despite a massive budget increase from Atlus, and Smash(and possibly Nintendo itself) is going to be killed by Disney like they killed Star Wars and are trying to do to Marvel.

Now for Smash 6 people will either expect every character under the sun and use Sora as an excuse for why Nintendo failed by not bringing that character, or Smash will now get every big character ever and no one will care about Smash reveals after that point.
Imagine thinking you know more about marketing than Nintendo lmao

Shroob

Sup?

Bruh SMTV will sell fine.

Chill.

You kinda did this to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom