• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching: Lucas Comes out of Nowhere!

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Where are all the people that doubted both Sakurai and the staff now?

"No more DLC after Mewtwo..." people need to come out and apologize for their negativity spreading throughout this community.

Stop speaking for Sakurai.
To be fair he did say they werent working on any DLC at the moment other than mewtwo. Which may have even been a lie at that point, depending when they started on Lucas. I don't think any apologies are necessary, people were just a little butthurt and scared they werent gonna get more characters.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
why do you guys want Wolf back so much (spoiler: i already know why)? a character that needs to come back because he was unique and unlike any other character is Snake. Just because Wolf was an easy to use OP character in brawl that some of you just loved to exploit doesn't mean he should be back.
He is a very important character in the Star Fox series and he wasn't OP maybe high tier at best but he usually sits at mid tier while Snake tends to be 2nd or somewhere in the top 5. When(yes I am overly hopeful) Wolf comes back I will definitely vote for Snake next he is very unique and even Hideo Kojima wants him back in but Nintendo before 3rd parties.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I didn't like Lucas in Brawl and I've never played an Earthbound game, but his moveset in the trailer looks way more fun than Ness. Heck, I even think he looks enjoyable.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
I didn't like Lucas in Brawl and I've never played an Earthbound game, but his moveset in the trailer looks way more fun than Ness. Heck, I even think he looks enjoyable.
He is a unique character and a fan favorite I find him more fun than Ness though I don't like either of their play styles.

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U, he was just a trophy...

Now...He is playable once again!

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Also I am super hype about the possibility of Wolf returning because yes although he is another Fox clone, he filled a void that desperately needed to be filled. I liked how the spacies fought but I didn't like how they played. I'm a fan of the bruiser type and though Falco is closer than Fox in that regard, Wolf nailed it.

To me, that's the best part of the Lucas/Mewtwo returns. The possibility of my Brawl alt returning.

Ramin Flage

Smash Rookie
Just my prediction of Lucas' final smash.

In Brawl, Lucas' PK Starstorm would go down in straight lines. Ness' went in different angles.

In SSB4, Ness can now control the angle of his final smash. If Luca's final smash is PK Starstorm, he might be able to move the beam left and right, across the stage.

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
I was like "meh", but it excited me because it confirms possible returns for other characters in the future.

I'm am very happy for the Lucas fans, and I also will be purchasing him.

Now bring back my main: Wolf!

I gotta collect all the smash fighters.

Last edited:

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
For those who don't understand why it says "Comes out of Nowhere", Lucas's hometown was in the NoWhere Islands.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Awesome! Lucas...sniff...welcome back...
Now we just need Wolf. Loved him back in Brawl.

SpadeZX

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6416-2088
I have been waiting for this day
:lucas::4ness::4lucas::nessmelee: All hail Mother!

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
This would never happen, but it would be cool if Ness and Lucas we're futher separated and one of them had the ability to double jump cancel (DJC) again. Of couse I'd love it if both did, but since Ness doesn't right now in Smash 4 I can't say Sakurai would make a big change like that in his mechanics.

PikminCat

Smash Rookie
NNID
pezz69
Whaaaat?! How did I not here of this?! I've been banned from miiverse for 2 weeks so haven't been able to hear any new news. I really need to get up to date on this stuff! Still mind blown I hadn't heard of this until now.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
When Nintendo annouce Star Fox.

Then is Wolf time.

For now Lucas Hype! One of the best clone character that deserved.
He was semi-clone to me, but now, is even less clone, that is a real hype upgrade.

Go cry in a corner Lucina and Dark Pit.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
why do you guys want Wolf back so much (spoiler: i already know why)? a character that needs to come back because he was unique and unlike any other character is Snake. Just because Wolf was an easy to use OP character in brawl that some of you just loved to exploit doesn't mean he should be back.
Those are pretty terrible reasons to not want Wolf, people like him because a lot of reasons I won't bother explaining.
And it's not that people don't want Snake; it's just that he is third party and this kind of stuff involve jumping through a lot of hoops; paperword, meetings, supervisions, copyright, etc. It's easier to ask for Nintendo characters hence why Wolf is wanted.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Doesn't Kojima support Snake being in smash still? I heard that somewhere.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Extremely happy to see him return! I did not expect him to come back at all. Been enjoying Smash 4 but it just didn't see incomplete with out one of my favorite Brawl characters missing. So glad he's back, could not be happier.

ThatAintFalcon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3957-9894
Anybody else who's played Castlevania want Simon Belmont or Shanoa DLC? I know it's kind of unrelated but they seem like they'd be perfect for smash.

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
If Lucas has Ness's specials as custom's he's confirmed god tier.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
To be fair he did say they werent working on any DLC at the moment other than mewtwo. Which may have even been a lie at that point, depending when they started on Lucas. I don't think any apologies are necessary, people were just a little butthurt and scared they werent gonna get more characters.
To be fair he NEVER SAID THEY WOULD NOT DO ANYMORE DLC. As a matter of fact, he said quite thee opposite. Apologies are quite necessary. The negativity and bashing, now THAT was unnecessary.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
I agree with the trailer, Lucas HAS come out of nowhere.

It's good to see him, but I do wonder about his special attacks since attacks like PK Freeze is available for Ness. (nevermind, I just saw the Wiki!) With Lucas coming it makes other clones from previous games more possible, we may yet see Wolf.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Everyone please go and vote for King K Rool!!! He's a mean crocodile with a big attitude. while smash bros 4 has a impressive amount of female, mario, pokemon fighters, we need more villains. Almost all the best franchises have villains to represent regardless if there just a assist trophy or boss. or if they were in a previous smash game. Mario has bowser and bowser jr, Samus has ridley. Still the fact that ridley is in the game as a boss counts. link has Ganondorf, kirby has king dedede, heck even fox had wolf, at least the guy was playable before. pikachu i guess has mew two?? pit has dark pit and donkey kong has nothing..... something doesn't seem to be adding up here guys :/ We need this character to have a complete collection of nintendo villains. The kremlins were in smash run, but k rool is only a trophy. All this rare BS isn't true. He still can appear in nintendo games. He was in mario supper sluggers and that was a mario party game. If thats true nintendo has full access to him! Vote For KING K ROOL PEOPLE!!!! KROC UP THE VOTE!!

Top Bottom