• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cg/ release grab stuff?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I read that sheik has some kind of release grab thing on ness.

And with metaknight, you can release grab into an upsmash?

What about wario, any others like this?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not "anyone" who is shroter than Sheik, really. It depends on how exploitable their grab release animation is. Although Jigglypuff certainly meets that criteria, her jumping grab break is not exploitable whatsoever.

You can boost Usmash Meta Knight after a grab release. However, it doesn't seem possible to only connect the Usmash tipper on him, just the double hit. This does high damage but doesn't kill all that well as opposed to just getting a tipper.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's not "anyone" who is shroter than Sheik, really. It depends on how exploitable their grab release animation is. Although Jigglypuff certainly meets that criteria, her jumping grab break is not exploitable whatsoever.

You can boost Usmash Meta Knight after a grab release. However, it doesn't seem possible to only connect the Usmash tipper on him, just the double hit. This does high damage but doesn't kill all that well as opposed to just getting a tipper.
Thanks for telling me that, I have boost smashing under my fingers, what are the conditions that he breaks in the air?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Forcing a jumping grab break is as simple as letting them break out while NOT being pummeled. You can do some pummels in accordance with their breaking speed for some simple damage and/or move replenishing, but the moment they break out, you both have to be in an idle grab state, otherwise a normal sliding grab break occurs.

a77

Smash Cadet
MK: dacus, u-smash, dash attack, needles, grab
Wario: u-smash, any aerial (minus d-air?), footstool.

A few other characters can be hit with needles and some others can be hit with an aerial.

demodemo

Smash Ace
its a garunteed usmash/tipper/45/2hit right? i don't have to dacus for me to get a usmash in? (dacus may be neccesary for some usmashes, like tipper and ****, but is it possible to get a usmash without dacus?)

popsofctown

Smash Champion
do you want Ness to jump break or slide break? I need to know, there's a beastly Ness in my area. How do you abuse Ness?

a77

Smash Cadet
its a garunteed usmash/tipper/45/2hit right? i don't have to dacus for me to get a usmash in? (dacus may be neccesary for some usmashes, like tipper and ****, but is it possible to get a usmash without dacus?)
Against Wario? Nope... just dash and u-smash real quick for a garaunteed tipper. Against MK, I'm pretty sure you can get just a regular dashing u-smash off, but the timing is pretty difficult. The DACUS can do either a 2-hit or tipper, depending on how fast you do it.

Grab release > footstool > b-air > needles > needle > grab release > tipper u-smash against Wario is inescapable and does 50%. You might be able to extend the combo by 15-20% or so by using f-tilts instead of needles at first... grab release > footstool > b-air > f-tilt (x2-3?) > grab release > footstool > b-air > needles > needle > grab > pummel > release > u-smash? Haven't tested it it but it probably works.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I've been using the release grab to DACUS agianst MK and it was the advantage I needed...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I think it's possible to tipper MK from grab release dacus?

Double hit is more likely, but I think it is possible.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think it's possible to tipper MK from grab release dacus?

Double hit is more likely, but I think it is possible.
Well double hit is massive damage, I don't really KO him with sheik really, I go zelda for the kills since hes a balloon.

jakovin

Smash Rookie
this seems pretty useful, but this grab-release up smashing thing works at any % or at what % should i try to use it??

Top Bottom