• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CFL Unite! Intimate Gainesville Tournament-Melee

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
--------UPDATE-------
so there's an empty rec room at UF that would make a nice...decent venue. (It's right above the Graham Oasis)
It's about the size of Manko's tampa place, but its like tile and stuff with fluorescent lights. A big rectangular room.

Fold up tables are provided, (and ping pong tables) and there are a bunch of outlets.

However, if we were to hold a tournament, we will need like a lot of tv's.
Gville can only bring like 2.

Still gotta talk about renting it for a day, and we may have to do pay outs under the table. (To avoid money issues ill say im givin' out gift certificates or something)

Another issue is parking. Raistlin, you guys know if it's free on weekends?

also im not expecting more than 15-20ish people here otherwise it'd get kinda crowded and steamy.
[/end update]
------------------------------------------------------------------
[ORIGINAL POST]
This is tentative, but hopeful and long awaited.

Dear CFL,
Orlando-- You guys have the other halves of our couples. i.e. You are missed by many here Mitchell. Dennis doesn't smile anymore, Andy.
Melbourne-- we wanna return the favor for your STD.
Tampa--....

Love, Gville

List? Let's.

Who: Badasses (ONLY)
What: Doubles+Singles and Falcon FFA's on YS
When: Probably not the major holidays unless nobody wants to go home. I was looking at labor day, but I'm all open to suggestions since I can't think of anything.
Where: TBA (we are looking at CSE, MAT, Chris (lvl9 cp) said he had a place in mind etc
How: Gigs rules

And if you can't tell from this post, the ideas are just floating everywhere and I need Gainesville's help to pull this off. And as the name suggests, this isn't supposed to be big. Probably looking at like 4-6 TV's. Matches will be recorded!

Setups:
TV_me__ Console _me__
TV_____ Console _____
TV_____ Console _____
TV_____ Console _____
TV_____ Console _____

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
While still far, Gainesville is less of a drive from the panhandle than Orlando.

Make it happen! ^_^

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Dibs, as long as there's solid forewarning.

PS pick a weekend when DF is up.
Well, is he up much? You guys know him much better than me!! I'm sure his B-B-Bowser will make this gathering much more affectionate.

Imagine, the weather will be much cooler it makes me so excited.

Renth

Smash Hero
I wanna get Intimate with Gainesville i should visit there asap since... it doesn't look like i'll be there anytime soon :(

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
so there's an empty rec room at UF that would make a nice...decent venue. (It's right above the Graham Oasis)
It's about the size of Manko's tampa place, but its like tile and stuff with fluorescent lights. A big rectangular room.

Fold up tables are provided, (and ping pong tables) and there are a bunch of outlets.

However, if we were to hold a tournament, we will need like a lot of tv's.
Gville can only bring like 2.

Still gotta talk about renting it for a day, and we may have to do pay outs under the table. (To avoid money issues ill say im givin' out gift certificates or something)

Another issue is parking. Raistlin, you guys know if it's free on weekends?

also im not expecting more than 15-20ish people here otherwise it'd get kinda crowded and steamy.

Top Bottom