• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ya mike that's how i feel. I plan on just going for friendlies and even then i'm ehhhhh about it...just don't want to back out on the ppl i'd said i'd give a ride and make one less setup there :p That and there ARE some new ppl gonna be there sooo idk. I'll prolly show up and just get that spectator thing if my max fee is only gonna be $20

That and i have alot to do within the next few days. I got go job hunting this weekend/week, i got to go open a checking account at the bank, i got to go to my old job and pickup my pay/discuss future plans with boss etc. etc.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
I don't get paid until tomorrow and I haven't been able to pre-reg. Can I do all that at the tourney tomorrow or will I not be able to compete?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You can pay at the door for everything I'd you are playing smash. Be it melee or brawl

And its only 40 cause you didn't register early lol. If you signed up ahead of time it would be like 25

But pools will be done for singles to make those feel better about the entry

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
You can pay at the door for everything I'd you are playing smash. Be it melee or brawl

And its only 40 cause you didn't register early lol. If you signed up ahead of time it would be like 25

But pools will be done for singles to make those feel better about the entry

actually it'd still be $35

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ur paying for legit hosts, legit tournament practice,legit national, legit jebailey, legit venue, legit gdx, legit hotel, legit hype, legit oosers, legit spectating, legit trash talking, legit mms, legit fun

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
ur paying for legit hosts, legit tournament practice,legit national, legit jebailey, legit venue, legit gdx, legit hotel, legit hype, legit oosers, legit spectating, legit trash talking, legit mms, legit fun
Best post, hands-down.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I never said it wasn't worth it. It is. Some just don't have the means. Like me. I have other things i need to prioritize for so this just ended up getting knocked off even though i didn't plan on it.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I never said it wasn't worth it. It is. Some just don't have the means. Like me. I have other things i need to prioritize for so this just ended up getting knocked off even though i didn't plan on it.
These are annual so you can just try to make the one next year.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
There's no guarantee there will be a CEO next year. Jebailey might have other stuff planned

The more likely scenario is that there really isn't a guarantee smash will be at a future ceo. Smash being at the tourney is more or less special circumstances for this and last year...and with all the trouble gone through to have it this year (sticky issues and people not respecting date and mass complaints about entry amounts) he may not even want to deal with it :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If the phone signal is decent we can tether internet from there and stream

And teams is tomorrow bro

pesticide

Smash Lord
I kinda got a strict schedule for the weekend. If doubles is going on @ CEO tomorrow then I can play that.

But Saturday and Sunday i'm gonna be @ a chess tournament so on those days I would only be able to play friendlies if the chess tournament ended early on those days

So... What time does doubles start tomorrow? And could I get a badge for doubles/friendlies at the door?

If so, (also depends on time doubles starts cuz I work part time tomorrow) I'd be willing to drive and team with ya Jeff. But I kinda need an answer and to know the smash scheule for the weekend

Btw, I had crappy phone signal earlier so that's why I didn't answer ur call Jeff

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I kinda got a strict schedule for the weekend. If doubles is going on @ CEO tomorrow then I can play that.

But Saturday and Sunday i'm gonna be @ a chess tournament so on those days I would only be able to play friendlies if the chess tournament ended early on those days

So... What time does doubles start tomorrow? And could I get a badge for doubles/friendlies at the door?

If so, (also depends on time doubles starts cuz I work part time tomorrow) I'd be willing to drive and team with ya Jeff. But I kinda need an answer and to know the smash scheule for the weekend

I wanna say dubs starts at like 7pm. only an hour before i get off, but i wouldnt make it until like 8:30 so still cant enter :laugh:

and again, you can buy everything necessary at the door guys. badge/spectator/dubs/singles everything

pesticide

Smash Lord
Thanks. Ok if it starts around that time then I can probably go. Gotta check sumthin 1st tho

How much would it cost for me to enter dubs+spectator badge? (no singles)

Sorry 4 so many questions lol

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
So much misinformation being given out.

Spectator fee is $20. You can play friendlies but cant enter the tourney. Every person who spectates will pay $20.

Badge fee is $30, if you only enter Smash. If you enter more than just Smash, you will have to pay $40 and you have till 4 pm FRIDAY to enter other games. Smashers don't have time limits to register for Smash-only badges.

Registration for doubles goes from 10 am Friday to 5 pm Friday, costs $10 per team ($5 per player). Doubles starts 7 pm Friday.

Registration for singles goes from 10 am Friday to 5 pm Friday, then continue 9 am Saturday to 12 noon Saturday, costs $10. Singles starts 1 pm Saturday.

Smashers in general are paying the least amount of money to play at this tourney.

I'm the TO of Brawl. Everything will go through me before a final decision is made.

The venue is amazing. Top SSFIV and MvC3 players already here.

Unfortunately, I have to use my phone to make this post since hotel rooms don't have free wifi. I won't be in this thread much because of that. I hope you guys bring setups. The success of this tourney depends on you. I'm pulling my end of the bargain.

Let's make this happen.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Nevermind, there have been like 7 posts while I typed one........

pesticide

Smash Lord
Only thing is, idk exactly when works gonna end. It depends on how big of a job i end up helping with tomorow. I'm usually done by 3ish but idk for sure + it takes about 30 mins to get to the venue. I may be able to leave early tho.

@Jeff: Are u stayin at the hotel with any1 or do u need a ride home too?

Edit: so pretty much if I'm able to finish work in time to get u and make it to the venue before 5pm, we'd be cuttin it pretty close which I have no problem with

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
Hype.
Wait wait wait
That didn't feel right
Lemme try again

HYYYYYPE
SO MUCH HYPE
Magic the Gathering Game Day is that weekend... I wonder if there are any participating stores near the venue...
So yeah.
Hype.

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
I don't really count as anyone, but I'm oos and I'll probably do Brawl doubles or something. Straight up meta knight... Becausr I'm worthless as every other character haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom