• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Florida Brawl PR THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Before i begin to even make this list i need people to put these people in a certain order that they would prefer based on tournament and skill level, we'll make two types of PRs (one based on rankings and one based on perceive skill levels) just to keep it interesting.

Each list will be composed of ten people (if applicable). If there is a preferred system then please let me know otherwise we should come to a consensus on what to do.

My personal thoughts on the CFL PRs go as follows,

1/2. Either halberd or me
3/4/5 Gallax, GDX, Mampam
6. Radix
7. Kyon
8. Dtorr
9. ??
10. Hbox

as far as skill levels go i'd say

(Me, Halberd) 1st tier
(HBOX, GDX) 2nd tier
(Gallax, Radix, mampam, Kyon, Dtorr) 3rd tier
(??) 4th tier

this isn't the current PRs in case anyone misunderstands that its just personal thoughts until we come to an agreement on who actually deserves which spot.

I will clean this up once we have come to an agreement and from this point forward we'll keep all results and update this thread every two months or quarterly

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ill help decide your rankings if you want

but leave me off of the rankings :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
cause nick is my boy, but im not a supporter of seperate region PRs. at least, not for our personal state

but i can help pick the *****s who should be on it

gallax

Smash Hero
I took you to game5 last hit hr as well as co, 2-1 with hbox , and am 2-2 with gdx. Ive also beaten radix and raz. I think i should at least tied with gdx. I have beaten snipa also from the reg pr's. GDX and me tied for 3rd. Hbox for 5th. Mampam for 6th. Radix for 7th. D-torr for 8th. Kyon for 9th. And for 10th place Fearless.

I would have said prince ramen and raz too but lack of tourney show took them AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@GDX- Either dont help at all with the rankings or help AND be on them. You cannot sit there and say "Ok im gonna help decide who is on it but not include myself cuz of personal preference" . That is totally unacceptable. If we have one your on it if you a part of the process. If you are totally against it and refuse to help at all then you are allowed to forfeit your spot.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I took you to game5 last hit hr as well as co, 2-1 with hbox , and am 2-2 with gdx. Ive also beaten radix and raz. I think i should at least tied with gdx. I have beaten snipa also from the reg pr's. GDX and me tied for 3rd. Hbox for 5th. Mampam for 6th. Radix for 7th. D-torr for 8th. Kyon for 9th. And for 10th place Fearless.

I would have said prince ramen and raz too but lack of tourney show took them AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@GDX- Either dont help at all with the rankings or help AND be on them. You cannot sit there and say "Ok im gonna help decide who is on it but not include myself cuz of personal preference" . That is totally unacceptable. If we have one your on it if you a part of the process. If you are totally against it and refuse to help at all then you are allowed to forfeit your spot.
ok, then i wont be involved at all :laugh:

good luck my *****s

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
1. HRNut
2. RedHalberd
3. GDX/Gallax
4. GDX/Gallax
5. HBox
6. Mampam
7. Radix
8. Kyon
9. Fearless
10. D-Torr

For the past 2 months, I've been 0-2 with HRNut, 0-3 with GDX, 1-1 with Gallax, 2-0 vs Radix, 1-0 vs Kyon and 0-1 vs Fearless.

I put Fearless above me because he beat me last tourny, along with placing 4th at NextLevelLan the week before (although I don't know who he beat there). It can honestly go either way though, considering he's only attended those 2 tounies while I've been at tournies each of the last 6 weeks. Also I've faced HRNut and/or GDX at 4 of those tournies.

My saving grace comes from Poinciana Brawl, where after being sent to loser's early by HRNut, I went through 4 rounds of loser's, beating Kyon (2-1), Gallax (2-0), and Radix (2-0) in succession.

gallax

Smash Hero
you are 0-2 with me this season radix!!!!! EAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good sheeee stepping down gdx. Wise thing to do. But i wished u had helped and wanted to be on instead :(

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Do I actually make this list? I can be on pr?? I feel so forgotten hahahaha.

I'm on the side with GDX in saying we don't need to separate but if this is the reality, can I make it on somewhere lol?

Renki

Smash Journeyman
No hate on Fearless, but I'm 99.9% sure Ed has a better track record than he does by OOS records (Candy =P)

Toneh

Smash Lord
ed, what are ur records vs halberd and mampam. And also if you have any records vs any1 on this list, or against sfl
1. HRNut
2. RedHalberd
3. GDX/Gallax
4. GDX/Gallax
5. HBox
6. Mampam
7. Radix
8. Kyon
9. Fearless
10. D-Torr
edit: fear has 2 wins on hbox, 1 dtorr, 1 CO, and 1 xaltis

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Uhhh......recently took a set off of Halberd [Zelda vs. Jiggs in tourney] and I run even with Mampam now. I always run close with Lade but then he knows how I play and it gets infinitely harder lol.

o, i took a set off Kyon some time ago. My oos record is kinda strong tho lol.

gallax

Smash Hero
Im sorry ed but jaking a set off of halberds jiggs isnt that big a deal lol. Its his jiggs. Not his snake or mk. His jiggs lol. You deserve some credit though.

Efit: If redhalberd is willing to have a on his record that he was beat by a zelda in a tourney set then actually im fine with it.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hah <3 Kyon!

@Gallax: Meh, up to you on whether or not you take it. It was a PnT tourney and he ***** ppl with jiggs, it was kinda funny. Zelda v Jiggs is still no fun. I'd rather do Zelda v. MK any day lol.

gallax

Smash Hero
You are crazy ed. zelda vs mk? lol. Lets do a mm ur zelda my mk next time we meet. And im fine wiht counting the win.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Ok my wins

2-0 vs hbox
1-0 vs co18
1-0 vs xdeath
1-0 vs dtorr
1-0 vs xaltis
1-0 vs dfear
1-0 vs renki

i lost to like tony \ hrnut \ gdx a million times \ polt
i may have lost to kyon but I don't think we've played this season

raz beat kyon tony co18
lost to gallax \ gdx \ poltergeist afaik

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
ok so far what I've gathered from this thread. wins only

----hrnut----
***** everyone

----redhalberd----
1 win vs xaltis
1 win vs polt
1 win vs mampam
x wins vs chaz
1 win vs chudat (OOS)

i don't know specifics but I'm going to assume halberd doesn't have as many notable wins as nick.
someone investigate gdx wins v.s. halberd wins as well.

----gdx----
2 wins vs gallax
***** everyone except nick

----gallax----
2 wins vs gdx
2 wins vs hbox
2 wins vs tony
1 win vs raz
1 win vs snipa
1 win vs dtorr
1 win vs tommy g
2 wins vs xdeath
1 win vs kyon

----tony----
2 win vs gdx
2 win vs kyon
1 win vs fearless

----dtorr----
1 win vs gallax
2 wins vs radix
1 win vs kyon

----fearless----
2 wins vs hbox
1 win vs co18
1 win vs xdeath
1 win vs dtorr
1 win vs xaltis (not sure if it counts)

----hbox----
1 win vs gallax
1 win vs xdeath
2 wins vs kyon
1 win vs mero
got to be more, who else?

----kyon----
1 win vs ed
1 win vs radix
who else has kyon *****?

----raz----
1 win vs kyon
2 wins vs tony
1 win vs co18

----mero----
1 win vs chaz
1 win vs ed
1 win vs kadaj (OOS)

----ed----
1 win vs halberd's jigglypuff
1 win vs candy (OOS)
1 win vs gunblade (OOS)

----xdeath----
1 win vs kyon

----mampam----
1 win vs chaz
who has he beaten?

my tiers (not statistical just opinion)

hrnut\halberd
gdx\gallax\hbox
fear\dtorr\raz\kyon\radix\mampam\mero

PERMA teams why not (only perma teams vs perma teams)

----kyon+gdx----
1 win vs radix+gallax
2 wins vs fear+raz

----radix + gallax----
2 wins vs kyon + gdx

----fear+raz----
1 win vs kyon+gdx
2 win vs radix+gallax

----hrnut+halberd----
they ***** a lot of people, lol.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I guess if I should include my oos stuff.

Win vs. Kirinblaze
Win vs. Gunblade
Took a game from Brood? lol I did tho.

I'm just kinda laughing at the whole thing though.

Gallax, I'm down to do it. We can get that $0 MM because I'm a poor person lol, but I never hold back. I'm crazy, and that's why it works.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I reaaally leaning towards closing this, there shouldn't be a big enough reason to have a separate thread for CFL rankings.

If y'all insist on having a separate rankings from SFL you could still use the same thread.

I'm not closing it yet, but I'm curious why this thread is necessary?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Just saw this. If people wanna count my jiggs loss idk, I still did come back and win losers finals so we're 1-1 at least. I can't remember who I played in the previous tampa tourney....

----redhalberd----
2 win vs xaltis (came back 2 sets)
1 win vs polt
2 win vs mampam
2 wins vs chaz
1 win vs chudat (OOS)
1 win vs Ed
1 win vs Dtorr
1 win vs Nick Riddle

edit:
Mampam is like 2-1 or 3-1 vs Ed. He also has a loss to Ganja (Tampa Marth player).

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Just saw this. If people wanna count my jiggs loss idk, I still did come back and win losers finals so we're 1-1 at least. I can't remember who I played in the previous tampa tourney....

----redhalberd----
2 win vs xaltis (came back 2 sets)
1 win vs polt
2 win vs mampam
2 wins vs chaz
1 win vs chudat (OOS)
1 win vs Ed
1 win vs Dtorr
1 win vs Nick Riddle

edit:
Mampam is like 2-1 or 3-1 vs Ed. He also has a loss to Ganja (Tampa Marth player).
tat true but it was a tourney match ppl can abuse that if that wanted like for example for now on gallx or some1 keep using diffrent charaters in a tourney match that would be far to use that as an excuse to not count that match. that wouldnt be fair to the opposing player because its not like he or she plays redhalberd or who ever all the time in a tourney

OverLade

Smash Hero
I meant IDC, not IDK lol.

I dunno what the records between me/my bro/Ed are we've played at a ton of random PnT's etc...

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
radiX said:
*Very helpful PM*
I really appreciate the PM to give me an update on what's going on. I did quite a bit of reading/scanning over the normal FL rankings thread. From what I could tell SFL seemed to want to keep FL as one rankings (since they don't feel shafted) while CFL wanted the separation, with a number of exceptions.

I think the most compelling argument is to keep FL united.

If y'all do separate, I think it will create a division that won't be easily reconciled. While we are a semi-divided state already, we are still FLians and root for each other. If we separate in rankings, it will become representing your regions over your state when you go to national tournaments.

The CFL rankings kinda identifies you as a "B Team." While the idea is to allow for more CFL players to be on the list, it takes away from the validity of that list, to the point where you'd probably be doing more harm than good. It also gives the impression that CFL players have a big head and want to be on top of the list. If they can't make it themselves "through hard work," they'll make their own list. Makes you look very arrogant. Other communities who do not know of the "SFL bias" will get this impression.

That said, believe me I know it is impossible to get an unbiased overview of FL's scene, I was well enough involved with the Melee community for those years. And I certainly understand the SFL bias.

It is obvious that there is a problem with the current rankings. Obvious from the fact that CFL is so unhappy with them that they are willing to separate. SFL needs to be willing to compromise in at least one of the following ways:
  • There needs to be more than 3 panelists. I was shocked when I saw that 3 people ranked the whole state, with little consideration as to where they were from. With a state as large as ours we definitely need to approach with a house of representatives over senate appraoch. 5 people MINIMUM on the rankings, from each of the major areas of FL (SEFL,SWFL,MEFL,MWFL,NFL.) More than that is ok too. 3 is way too few. I guess their idea is to get total agreement on rankings between the panelists, but that's not how these things work. Power Rankings are one huge compromise which means that nobody gets what they want. Everyone suffers a little.
  • The way the rankings structure works needs to change. SFL has no good argument against the difficulty for a new CFL player to make the rankings when all they have available is HRNUT and Halberd to play. If 4 new people joined the CFL scene and started beating everyone, they would not make the list but HRNUT and Halberd would be taken off. Tourney records should be used to supplement panelists opinions--not to form them. Hopefully their opinions are based on personal experience playing the person. "Travel Moar" is not a good counter-arguement to this.
  • There should be a disclaimer about potential bias in the rankings in the introduction to the thread. OOSers should be able to understand that FL is very difficult to rank overall, so there's no guarentee that the list is accurate. The FL rankings should be forward with that probability, and not try to pass themselves as the word of God.
  • There should be a list of honorable mentions/up and comers. This expands the list (which honestly should be more than 10 anyways,) without requiring definite ranking. Keep top 10 and maybe honorable 5-7 others. Expand to 15 and honorable 5-10 others. This suggestion should be done in conjunction with some of the others, not by itself as it does not really address the heart of the issue.
Preferrably all of these should be followed. Definitely one of them. SFL says they want to keep FL united, they need to be willing to back that up with some action.

If the "FL Panel" is not willing to compromise with any of these suggestions (or others you may come up with which are better than mine,) I'll allow the CFL rankings. Although I personally think you should just put out CFL's version of the FL rankings--supervised by HRNUT--that would be a much better way to send a message to SFL. Remember the only thing that makes the FL rankings official is just their claim.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Florida should take note of the Texas PR system http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226443
and figure out a way to use that as a means to rank the players in the state. This will allow for a bigger list and players will be able to track there growth over time and be able to have see able goals for example pass the person that is a few points ahead of them.

also if this is rejected get me on the panel i am a very active smasher and have played all over fl this year as far north as Gainsville in Feb and down to west palm beach twice i also have hosted my own tourneys with over 30 attendance each time with players from all over fl except NFL. I would be a Representative of the region that polk county is in or a Representative of the region that Ft Myers is in because i have developed a scene in both areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom