• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Europe needs more Brawl tournaments!!!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Seriously. I'm looking out for Brawl tournaments (offline of course) everyday and all I find are 5+ dutch tournaments and some english tourneys...
...where are you german, french, austrian and italian brawl players? I look at SWF Europe threads and there's nothing. I look at AiB Europe tournaments and there's nothing...

Where the hell are you, guys?

It sucks, that everybody just sticks to some ******** Online tournaments. Does nobody want to have a tourney? Am I the only one, who misses it? I think the time is right for the central Europeans to start working together and host some international tourneys, where ppl from france, germany, austria, wherever can compete. After all, having a bit more international flair would greatly increase the quality of a tournament and the Brawl communities of single countries are are rather ... pitiful so there's no point for the - let's say - italian community not to work together with the rest of us (of course I'm talking about Italy but just every central europe country). What's better: Having a community of ~15 decent Brawl players (I know only about 3 - 5 from austria ... ) or have all of us working together for a great, competitive tournaments scene? I hope at least some of you get the point (or read this at all lol) and agree with me. I don't know how things were going in Melee times but I don't care 'cuz I wasn't around at that time. Right now, the only thing I'd like to see is a decent central european tournament scene going on, where ppl can show their skill and fight for the victory, regularily.

Hopefully, this thread will be the first step in the right direction. Here you can share your ideas about this subject and I hope there are other ppl interested in this as well - after all I can't imagine being the only one, who wants to take part in tournament, get to know foreign people and go to other countrys and have a good time with Brawl...
If you feel the same and are interested you should post here and share your thoughts so we can discuss together, whether we'll do some tournaments or not. I hope there'll be somebody, who thinks the same and will help me!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
The whole of Europe needs more Brawl tournaments imo. America have tournaments like everyday, Europe should do the same. Stop playing laggy online tourneys and host one irl. =D

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
consider what % of the community prefer melee than brawl then ask why there are so little tournaments, its **** obvious. Europe needs more tournaments in general, not just brawl. I believe since ROS died (**** Helios) the community sorta relaxed back with big european ones

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Then we should start to get things going. I'd gladly host some tournaments too but I have 0 experience and first need to visit a really well organized tourney. That's why I said we should do this together. Obviously, if only one person tries to change something, nothing will happen.

Either way, I already think about doing a big one in Vienna to start with but there are several issues: Hosting (I need help), housing (need help), lots of interested people (Vienna is a bit far away)...

That' what this thread here for: To plan projects together.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Neomepire is doing an event called "Super Vs Battle World" and it is going to be an international tourment where players from France, Germany, Spain, and more all over Europe go and compete in the Tournamnet. it will be early next year and we could get smash bros to be selected as a tournament game. For more info, please click on the link below.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202269

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Countries need to get their act together individually before there can be big international tournaments. The Netherlands is doing pretty good in Brawl and there's some Melee left as well, so we're basically ready for whatever comes up. There'll also probably be a third Epita tournament in France somewhere early 2009. In the long run a lot of the Brawl scene depends on the newcomers, Melee is an old game and many vets have dropped out.

Blad01

Smash Lord
[...] french [...]
Here :)

I agree with you, and i have the same hope, but ~40% of the Smashers in Europe play Melee. (In france, it's 40-60, or 50-50).
Furthermore, maybe 5% come on Smashboards...

Here in Paris, there is a mid-size tournament every two months, an a little tournament monthly.

And actually i'm hosting an European tournament on April 2009. We're still organizing it, of course, and i will post informations arounf february probably.

We should have an European Smash Board. I was thinking of making it, but i must know your point of view first.

Neomepire is doing an event called "Super Vs Battle World" and it is going to be an international tourment where players from France, Germany, Spain, and more all over Europe go and compete in the Tournamnet. it will be early next year and we could get smash bros to be selected as a tournament game. For more info, please click on the link below.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202269
That would be cool if Brawl was selected ^^

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Here :)

I agree with you, and i have the same hope, but ~40% of the Smashers in Europe play Melee. (In france, it's 40-60, or 50-50).
I don't think it's a problem. We can do Melee Singles + Brawl Singles + Doubles

Furthermore, maybe 5% come on Smashboards...
This might be true. But you can do some advertising to the guys you know :)

Here in Paris, there is a mid-size tournament every two months, an a little tournament monthly.
That sounds OKish. But when you compare it to other countires it isn't that amazing. After all, Paris is one of the biggest cities in Europe and there are only small tournaments and only monthly.

New Jersey isn't one of the single biggest cities in the US but there are several tourneys weekly.

And actually i'm hosting an European tournament on April 2009. We're still organizing it, of course, and i will post informations arounf february probably.
OK, that's good but I'd like to see things like that more often :)

We should have an European Smash Board. I was thinking of making it, but i must know your point of view first.
It sounds like a good idea. Having one for each country is indeed not effective. One (english) site for all countries would indeed ba a lot better!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Well they will possibly have to adjust to Brawl at some stage. I played Melee competitively and entered tournaments, I started playing Brawl and wasn't amazed or anything by it at first and prefered Melee over Brawl still. Now I've adjusted to Brawl and prefer to play that over Melee. Yeah the majority of UK competitive smash players (how it's the majority I have no clue, maybe the majority on here and at melee tournaments) don't like it.. Melee is the old, Brawl is the new. Get used to it.

Blad01

Smash Lord
I don't think it's a problem. We can do Melee Singles + Brawl Singles + Doubles
Hum, yeah, but i don't think that Melee and Brawl the same day would be good ^^'

This might be true. But you can do some advertising to the guys you know :)
Well... They are not all pros in English ^^'

That sounds OKish. But when you compare it to other countires it isn't that amazing. After all, Paris is one of the biggest cities in Europe and there are only small tournaments and only monthly.
I know :'(

It sounds like a good idea. Having one for each country is indeed not effective. One (english) site for all countries would indeed ba a lot better!
Glad to hear that ^^ Well, we should do it :)

OldGeezer666

Smash Journeyman
Well they will possibly have to adjust to Brawl at some stage. I played Melee competitively and entered tournaments, I started playing Brawl and wasn't amazed or anything by it at first and prefered Melee over Brawl still. Now I've adjusted to Brawl and prefer to play that over Melee. Yeah the majority of UK competitive smash players (how it's the majority I have no clue, maybe the majority on here and at melee tournaments) don't like it.. Melee is the old, Brawl is the new. Get used to it.
i agree we have all gotta get use to playing brawl some day

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK it seems like there are some ppl, who think te same way. Great! I think, this can work :)

@Blad

I have no experience in "making" web sites...if you want to make a European smash board, you need somebody else to program and do stuff I like that.

I can make some advertisment and support the idea in general ;)

Aiko

Smash Champion
... Do not want to try Brawl, you mean.
what are you talking about? i won the uk brawl tournament.

Willz said:
go tell that to the street fighter 2 turbo community. any game can be played regardless of age, provided there is a stable community behind it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Aiko, couild you please stop debating this here? We're not trying to justify peoples believes why Brawl or Melee is the beter game. If you really feel like discussing it, do it somwhere else, plesae.

Luigi player

Smash Master
So much Brawl hate, that's sad. I hope you people stop bashing Brawl and will eventually play it too (like the people in the USA...).

Anyway. I'd really love to travel around and play Brawl and such. The bad thing is that it costs so much.

...but it would be cool to host a big international tourney in vienna. :)

J03

Smash Master
i dont get why people choose to play an inferior game. the only reason im getting is that its some sort of natural evolution of the game, which is clearly ********.

Melee is clearly a better game... deal with it

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Go state your opinions somewhere else. Not everyone wants to play Melee, wether its better or not. This is on about Brawl NOT Melee.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
you guys aren't even part of the main UK community, you've only just popped up recently so don't tell people who have been around for years to gtfo

sorry but if neoempire is going to host a smash game at their main huge events it has to be melee, no discussions. We're the guys who are working hard to involve with them not you and the general idea was to get MELEE not brawl in their main tournaments

Wanna know what I find the most funny thing about this thread? "Central Europe needs more brawl tournaments" Ok how many European tournaments have you been to?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
No one is on about Neo Empire tourneys. Neo Empire seems like it doesn't want any Smash Bros at all anyway.

We want more Brawl tourneys, if you want more Melee tourneys, fine do whatever you please.

So what if people haven't been around as long enough as other guys, doesn't mean our opinion on something is as valued as theirs. So please, be quiet.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Super VS Battle is hosted by neoempire, I wouldn't have said anything but you guys are telling the melee players to stfu lol, we obviously play brawl but it's no way near as good as melee. You might as well tell a 3 year old to shut up, because telling people who have heard all this nonsense before won't get you anywhere.
It's a known fact 90% of people who play melee and then play brawl will say it's a better game. I doubt anyone who is new to this forum took melee seriously because I've been around for so long and I haven't seen your faces around. 95% of brawl players in the UK who attend fests/tournaments dedicate melee over brawl now because they agree with us after tournaments and knowing the community.

I also don't like hearing this nonsense about whining with the long learning curve, that makes it a much better game if there's more to learn -_-

+ Willz, Neoempire is very interested in getting smash introduced, you can stfu because I've been talking with them in person and I'm part of their community also

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Calm down Fuzzyness.

This thread is going in the wrong direction. It's not about Melee vs Brawl but the fact that the EU needs more activity in Melee AND Brawl.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Well soooorry Fuzzy. This is on about BRAWL. Not Melee. We're telling the melee players to be quiet because of all their whining about Melee being superior, okay whatever we get it.

And I've been on here for a year, I wouldn't really call myself new.

The European Smash community blows, all you guys seem to want Brawl to die. All we want is an increase in Brawl tourneys, not a rant on why Melee is better.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
i dont get why people choose to play an inferior game. the only reason im getting is that its some sort of natural evolution of the game, which is clearly ********.

Melee is clearly a better game... deal with it
I've been playing Melee for 7 years, maybe longer, I'm just trying something new. Hell Lufia 2 was a better game than any entry in the Smash series will ever be. I still don't play just that. Just because something is good doesn't mean everything else should be ignored.

And Central Europe does need more Brawl tourneys to keep a competitive Brawl scene going. Which is obviously what this thread is referring to. It seems however, this is difficult to understand for a certain number of narrow minded people.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Super VS Battle is hosted by neoempire, I wouldn't have said anything but you guys are telling the melee players to stfu lol, we obviously play brawl but it's no way near as good as melee. You might as well tell a 3 year old to shut up, because telling people who have heard all this nonsense before won't get you anywhere.
It's a known fact 90% of people who play melee and then play brawl will say it's a better game. I doubt anyone who is new to this forum took melee seriously because I've been around for so long and I haven't seen your faces around. 95% of brawl players in the UK who attend fests/tournaments dedicate melee over brawl now because they agree with us after tournaments and knowing the community.

I also don't like hearing this nonsense about whining with the long learning curve, that makes it a much better game if there's more to learn -_-

+ Willz, Neoempire is very interested in getting smash introduced, you can stfu because I've been talking with them in person and I'm part of their community also
Well said.

and @ wiltz, your join date doesn't affect your experience in the smash community just how long you've been on here lol.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I didn't say it affected my experience in the community, I was replying to what he said. He said 'new to the forum' so there.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
you don't attend anything, that's what i meant not FORUMS. If you don't happen to know I basically organized the smash scene in london, Kone started the UK scene. Since Kone is not really taking it so seriously anymore and I've been going at it I'm the rep for UK and I've been attending european things ocassionally..which includes small tournaments.

I don't like hearing from people that there needs more tournaments, have you guys considered

1) ITS WINTER (HELLO CHRISTMAS?) and btw there is a christmas tournament which is European
2) Give it some time? Cant have a ****ing tourney every month, but we have ranking battles! Maybe you guys should do them too
3) At least attend things before you try voice for everyone
4) Don't you think summer is the best time for tournaments? seeing that 90% of people are free during the holidays, you'll get the best players etc

Honestly I think the balance of tournaments is perfectly fine, you just need to wait because the season has changed and there's a low state atm

J03

Smash Master
Brawl is a shambles thats taking publicity away from melee lol. There are codes being written to included l-cancelling, wavedashing, aerial dodging and higher fall speed. When these are accepted on the competitive brawl scene peeps might change there mind.

If you enjoy it thats great, well done. but why the hell youd wanna host a brawl tourney over melee is just retarted. Alot of people...mainly the people in threads like these stopped playing melee and started playing brawl simply because it was the sequel. Its a shambles, this thread is a shambles and your a shambles xD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's nice but the ppl who play Brawl don't care about this. Nobody complains if somebody says, that Melee is better. But we're not discussing this here. If you want more Melee tournaments, be my guests and host as many as you want. But not everybody plays Melee or even likes this game (yes such people exist for some odd reason). I want more Brawl tournaments in the EU. There are people who agree. So why would you want to interfere? Becaus Melee is better? If you think so, just play Melee but you won't do any good by bashing Brawl (especially when lots of ppl are around who like Brawl)...? What is the purpose of all this?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I want no more Melee vs Brawl foolishness in this thread. Everything past this post will be judged harshly.

Top Bottom