• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CCSC Power Rankings - MOVED

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Constructive post for Randall

This was going to only be in regards to those whom I have played against but then I realized the majority of the list is people I only have footage to analyze. As much as I enjoy sharing my opinions on the other players on the list with the video footage available, I do not think that such a thing is as accurate, as vids are never truly representational of a player. Moving on however...

+Tyson - I think I've said this before, but Tyson is really good now. He certainly can no longer be brushed off as "Joel's Friend" anymore. He has a technical grasp on several characters as well as the knowlede to put that technique to use. Bump his *** up.

+Kithkin - This gets a WTF. He placed 9th @ CT3 which is higher then 1/2 the people on that list, that fact alone should get him somewhere on said list. His Sheik has a good foundation that I expect will be quite capable at CAST3 (considering that the vids I watched were from march-ish). Please, put him somewhere on that list.

+BackItch -
I've always placed high at the bi-weeklies, but I'll be the first to admit my Peach is a bit sloppy. Perhaps that's reflected in this list...?

However, I would submit that results are what matter in the end. If you teched every hit and DIed perfectly every time while your opponent does neither... and you still lose, who would looked upon more favorably based on the PR criteria?
I think that if Sid is to be ranked as high as he is (and I'm ceratainly not saying he shouldn't be, esp. because the Mission Statement says I can't :p), it is unfair to rank BackItch so low. He places, even while it may not be the prettiest thing to watch. His play overall is consistent. Yes, there are mistakes, but no more then anyone else who misses the occasional wavedash or misspaces a recovery and SDs. Vote for upping.

+Me - Shameless plug. I know I haven't played a lot of you out there, nor are there any vids up (although that will probably change soon). However, those of you who have played me since CT3 (Carl, Sid, Tyson... that's probably it) -realize that CT3 was the first time I had played smash in almost a year, and what got me back into the scene - can attest that I am a capable smasher on the CCSC. Those of you who I haven't had the opportunity to play, I look forward to CAST3

kithkin

Smash Champion
+Kithkin - This gets a WTF. He placed 9th @ CT3 which is higher then 1/2 the people on that list, that fact alone should get him somewhere on said list. His Sheik has a good foundation that I expect will be quite capable at CAST3 (considering that the vids I watched were from march-ish). Please, put him somewhere on that list.
<3

I would actually disagree with this, If it wasnt for the fact that I also placed aroud there in cast2, which sort of proves a bit of consistency.

I actually agree with everything you said.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
You're right on many accounts Mike, however Tyson was never "Joel's friend". In fact, I was the one who introduced Tyson to Joel (IIRC).

lol

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
One must consider brackets...
One must always consider brackets.
Otherwise, I guess it's fair to say i'm better than ryan, eric, adam, tiep, john, eggz, dj combo, jumpfreak, and everyone else who I placed higher than at SFU#2.

by the way, sheik is too good, I started playing sheik against eric's Falco and it worked well! i was like.. wtf? I pulled a mike :p

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I hadn't played in a year either when I went to the tourny xD

im already getting better but you know I wont be at CAST3 cuz like ill be gone =/

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
You're right on many accounts Mike, however Tyson was never "Joel's friend". In fact, I was the one who introduced Tyson to Joel (IIRC).

lol
That's just me mixing stuff up. I think it's just they teamed a lot that I have that assosciation with Tyson and Joel.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Yes $pite that's exactly how I operate :]
Haha Manuel I remember looking at the brackets forward made and thinking WOW Manuel is guaranteed third....

On the topic of the PR I think it's safe to say that because this is a very early draft there will be many changes to be made. Randall, I think you should to consult Levi or myself for the placement of the Calgary players. I've been able to get at least 3-5 matches recently with everyone in Calgary, except you, Mich, and the absent Mr. flare, so I think I have a good understanding of how the Calgary players should rank against one another.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
lol Fox Machine I always want to edit your post, because we have had the same avatar for so long. I only just changed mine. I keep thinking i'm you.. and then i end up quoting you.

On another note, Mich ***** pretty hard - and I've played good ICs before.
AND ANOTHER THING. Tyson is too good, I'm not sure whether... all the players directly above him are better. I played against lemonlau, I played against Mich, and I teamed with Stu, and I thought Tyson was at least on par with them.

How does lemonlau do in tournaments? He's frigging pikachu! Last time I used Pikachu in tournament, I thought it was going to be against a Ness, but Eric counterpicked me Fox. On Yoshi's story. In the tournament finals. MOOOOOOO. and Carl said good things about my pikachu!

kithkin

Smash Champion
Haha Manuel I remember looking at the brackets forward made and thinking WOW Manuel is guaranteed third....

On the topic of the PR I think it's safe to say that because this is a very early draft there will be many changes to be made. Randall, I think you should to consult Levi or myself for the placement of the Calgary players. I've been able to get at least 3-5 matches recently with everyone in Calgary, except you, Mich, and the absent Mr. flare, so I think I have a good understanding of how the Calgary players should rank against one another.
Definately consult with levi, and then for extra you can consult with Chad, Gary, Allan.

anyone whos played everyone basically (sorry gary I wouldve put you up with levi, but levi has played everyone a lot moer than you have, hell, more than anyone has)

edit: I'd say myself but I'm too buyist.

How does lemonlau do in tournaments? He's frigging pikachu! Last time I used Pikachu in tournament, I thought it was going to be against a Ness, but Eric counterpicked me Fox. On Yoshi's story. In the tournament finals. MOOOOOOO. and Carl said good things about my pikachu!
Sid the eliminator, of course he does well. and actually that video was hilarious.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
yep, definately need to be re-dicussed, and have lot's of people discussing it at the time. everyone is right, except for those saying we need to move people up in this one, we need to post the new one then start moving them up.

Yes Randall, I needed time to review it and hear other's say on it. Posting the first one has gotten it a lot more attention now though.

Maybe we should wait untill after CAST3 though...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Levi said he'd give you a ride if he isn't giving anyone else a ride. But he's not very found of you. =/ Chad may be able to offer but he's not into you either. =\
SOMEONE FROM CALGARY GIVE HIM A RIDE we have plans DDDDD:

please.

Brad. You have money. If all else fails, buy a bus ticket like Mike and Sid. Dont worry, when i win our money match you can give a back rub instead. jk.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Definately consult with levi, and then for extra you can consult with Chad, Gary, Allan.

anyone whos played everyone basically (sorry gary I wouldve put you up with levi, but levi has played everyone a lot moer than you have, hell, more than anyone has)

Sid the eliminator, of course he does well. and actually that video was hilarious.
It doesn't really matter whether you consult with Levi or me, because we pretty much have the same opinion on things. :) But recently I have been just as active as Levi.

Oh Sid is good for sure. But his lack of wavedashing might be the reason I was beating him left and right when he came to Calgary. Whoops did I just say that? ;)

kithkin

Smash Champion
SOMEONE FROM CALGARY GIVE HIM A RIDE we have plans DDDDD:

please.

Brad. You have money. If all else fails, buy a bus ticket like Mike and Sid. Dont worry, when i win our money match you can give a back rub instead. jk.
Who told you I have money? I really dont.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Absence is the best.

Awesome spelling.

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman
its all the guitar hero ive been playing i swear!

actually i don't really feel comfortable voting on this ****. as long as i stay in first my life is complete. if i ever drop to 2nd or lower, i will commit suicide. MAKE YOUR CHOICE.

kithkin

Smash Champion
wait, so if you drop down on the list. you remove yourself from the list?

MOVE HIM DOWN PEOPLE IM ON THE WAITING LIST

edit: dear god, the apocolypse has come... I passed randall in posts.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
B-Rad, Half your posts are spam. (Not saying mine are any better)I've only seen Randall post spam once. All his posts are well thought out, actually relavent and are the size of a grade 7 essay.

In other words, quality in your posts not the quantity of posts you made.

Kithkin 4 the ccsc rankings!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
What's with the bradfanism?
It's likely that the list won't be changed untill after cast3 by the way.

If only the St. Albert ******* would stop being busy on important days... You can't move up if you don't even play. you guys.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
you're like the only one not busy on that day, and you happen to be the one without a ride. The other guys would've had one [or something?]

kithkin

Smash Champion
remember that red deer has never left red deer either.

my ponit was that I passed him in posts, which is true, and its only an apocalypse because its mostly spam (Come on, I've had at least 15 good posts)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol 15 out of 1000 some.

Technically i left Red Deer and ended smashing here in Seattle. Course that wasnt the point of the trip but meh.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
wtf are you talking about? get the hell out of the power rankings thread with whatever the hell that is? [seriously wtf that didn't make any sense at all]

Can we say random things like say "Chad should be higher IMO" in this thread? we've reached nearly 100 posts in this thread and have had very little "major discussions" of the actual power rankings. People are treating it like it's another official central canada thread. I just hate it everytime bad posts, and sometimes when victra does too.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
wtf are you talking about? get the hell out of the power rankings thread with whatever the hell that is? [seriously wtf that didn't make any sense at all]

Can we say random things like say "Chad should be higher IMO" in this thread? we've reached nearly 100 posts in this thread and have had very little "major discussions" of the actual power rankings. People are treating it like it's another official central canada thread. I just hate it everytime brad posts, and sometimes when victra does too.
fix'd.

I think the power rankings are fine at the moment, and Mike, better think about what you said verrrry carefully.

Top Bottom