• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CCA - Canceled Claw Approach + follow ups

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
After I tried out the infinite jump using canceled claw, I started doing this
thing which I call CCA (Canceled Claw Approach)..

I made this topic cause I don't see people use it.. And I find it very effective.

It is performed by jumping/falling towards your opponent and use side+B before you land, This cancels the lag of your side+B which allows you to instantly jab or Up+B..

Soo.. like..... What's so good about it?
If your opponent wants to shieldgrab you, HE'll get grabbed.
If he spot dodge it he'll most likely get hit by the jabs/Up+B at the end of the spot dodge.
Safest way to avoid it is roll dodging.
--------------------------------------
I came up with a couple of effective follow ups!
These are the fastest and most reliable follow ups and are good for racking up damage.
cca>jab - Fast and reliable.
cca>Up+B - Fast and even more reliable, retreat it if you wish.

Try these at times:
cca>down+B - Works better than you might think! and it KO's O_O
cca>Claw - This is the right choice for the suicide maniac! :bee:
cca>fair - Pretty fast and can be used as a retreating move. Auto cancel it for maybe another follow up.

Or even try:
cca>Fire breath - Not very reliable. It's often better to start the fire while falling.
However, You might want to throw this in if only once, just to confuse you opponent.

Side note: My English isn't that great.. So please be gentle..
Oh.. And Bowser is my Third character if anyone was wondering :)

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I'm not a Bowser player so I'm not going to comment on the technique. I just wanted to say that your English is a lot better than most of the people that post on here.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yo can't forget the Claw cancel ~rising Fair. It chains into itself. Timing takes no effort to learn.

Once you start reversing direction with the Claw, you can look pretty dangerous.

It's likely the best answer to a roll dodge. You gotta be quick, but if you see the roll dodge, go into the fair, move away from them (or towards if they dodged in front of you for some reason), then work on turning around and coming in again. Or just land and take a defensive stance.

. . . I really should use Bowser, but there's like. . . 14 characters I like better for competition. :(

When you say "I don't see people use it," do you mean you see people playing Bowser? Could you point out vids to me? Like, ones in the last two months?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yeah..
Fair too is good at times.. I'll add that!

And about performing the canceled claw in the opposite direction (away from foe)..
It sounds pretty effective. at the instant i red it, I directly thought about landing some distance away from you opponent and Stutterstep Fsmash =D

Like...
reverse canceled claw > Stutterstep Fsmash

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
this is really old stuff and I've seen some of you guys around this forum before kinda weird how it seems like you've never known this before. I and others have posted it a lot before

:?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
This thread is hilarious.
Funny sence of humor you got there..

this is really old stuff and I've seen some of you guys around this forum before kinda weird how it seems like you've never known this before. I and others have posted it a lot before
:?
=_= I never said it was new...

I just don't see many people use this effective technique that much..
(Different follow ups after the canceled claw)

Flayl

Smash Hero
This technique is just about as old as Brawl itself. There were plenty of threads about it, you just didn't bother to search. The other guy said he couldn't find bowser videos anywhere when there are 3 video related thread on the first page of the forums.

I just think it was funny how many posts showed up becuase people don't bother to search.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
This technique is just about as old as Brawl itself. There were plenty of threads about it, you just didn't bother to search. The other guy said he couldn't find bowser videos anywhere when there are 3 video related thread on the first page of the forums.

I just think it was funny how many posts showed up becuase people don't bother to search.
Ok.. I wanted to speak/learn more about it.. :)

inn0cuous

Smash Rookie
It isn't exactly canceled, it just happens to finish in the air which means nothing was canceled leading into anything you want.

By the way, this happens cause you can claw people in the air, just like with melee bowser making it destroy shielders, and mindgames for people thinking you're going for the fair.

Basically, claw you want to do it a good deal above their heads, but the claw in the air has some weird range which lets you get it even though you're not exactly on them. And once again mind games to make it seem like you're going for the fair. You can also mix up the claw by instead of doing the claw, if you have a second jump, you do a retreating jump with a fair right in front of them which just enough range to hit, or as a mindgame.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
the whole reason i kept play bowser and didn't drop him was because of his klaw. it certianly isn't new but you've given me some new ideas to link it with so i'll give you some credit there, thx.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
the whole reason i kept play bowser and didn't drop him was because of his klaw. it certianly isn't new but you've given me some new ideas to link it with so i'll give you some credit there, thx.
Glad to hear that ^^
-----------
And thx for some good tips inn0cuous.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I knew about the whole Klaw thing but I wasn't really sure if it actually make Bowser attack sooner.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
Apologies for the bump, but i just wanted to say I've managed so many KOs with the cancel-claw to downB recently, it's so fun and quite humiliating for the opponent.

And I find (unsurprisingly) that when the opponent is not on KO-able percentages, the best option is overB.

Top Bottom