• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cBliss & ASL for Project M 3.6 Kit

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Having an issue with this.
When I open it with Brawl Costume Manager everything thing gets thrown out of place and super-screwy. Example wise, I'm finding Mario with mismatching portraits (ie, his blue costume alt has his green costume alt portraits) and on his last two slots (blue and green Dr. Mario), it shows up blank with only Donkey Kong's stock icons...
Help?
Remember to switch it to Project M 3.5 Mapping. it should help out a bit. at least in my case. If you are using the full build, then I think you should go with CBliss mapping.

Jitters

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitters
Remember to switch it to Project M 3.5 Mapping. it should help out a bit. at least in my case. If you are using the full build, then I think you should go with CBliss mapping.
Alright, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.
Directory should look like this: projectm>pf>fighter, right?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
The Directory should be Project M>pf, I believe.

Can you help a noob out? What do I do with those codes? I can't seem to get his whole build on a 2GB and all the extra stages just make the game crash. It'd be great just to use his codes for extra costumes. Thank you.
I'm sorry, but thats a completely different thread, I made this build to offer people more, not less.

Having an issue with this.
When I open it with Brawl Costume Manager everything thing gets thrown out of place and super-screwy. Example wise, I'm finding Mario with mismatching portraits (ie, his blue costume alt has his green costume alt portraits) and on his last two slots (blue and green Dr. Mario), it shows up blank with only Donkey Kong's stock icons...
Help?
Thats an issue with Costume Manager not being updated for 3.6. Also go to options and sort by cBliss order.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you know the answer to this question, but how does CBliss affect the unused cosmetic slots? (i.e. 20, 41, 42)

The Johnson

Smash Rookie
I wouldnt even begin to know how to add that last functionality. As for that final stock problem, I can only attribute it to perhaps not using the correct compression for your final image. Again, everything works fine on my end (and this build is built DIRECTLY from the exact same files I used in my own.
I asked Mewtwo2000 about the problem with stock icons from costumes not included in PM3.6 not showing up in the results screen. He pointed out that the InfStockface_TopN__0 in the STGRESULT must also be updated. This fixed the problem. Easy way to do this:

- Navigate to and export InfStockface_TopN__0 from
\pf\info2\info.pac\MiscData[30]\AnmTexPat(NW4R)
- Navigate to and replace InfStockface_TopN__0 in
\pf\stage\melee\STGRESULT.pac\ARC 2\MiscData[110]\AnmTexPat(NW4R)
- Expand the newly replaced InfStockface_TopN__0 in STGRESULT.pac
- Rename 'lambert87' to 'stock_lambert87'
- Save STGRESULT.pac

I asked Mewtwo2000 about the problem with stock icons from costumes not included in PM3.6 not showing up in the results screen. He pointed out that the InfStockface_TopN__0 in the STGRESULT must also be updated. This fixed the problem.

Thank you for your help in this. I've fixed the issue and reuploaded.

Here is the fixed STGRESULT.PAC that (wowowowow) was missing from the original build entirely. http://www.mediafire.com/download/205e4i7xx8uadiq/STGRESULT.pac

I will update the OP with the complete build in a bit.

Monster_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThaM0nster
3DS FC
0189-9032-2073
Is there a way to only get just a couple extra skin slots? (i.e. I find a 1 skin I like for Snake, I can just add that specific one in order to not have to over ride a skin?) Can someone help me/give me a guide on that? Any help is appreciated

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Is there a way to only get just a couple extra skin slots? (i.e. I find a 1 skin I like for Snake, I can just add that specific one in order to not have to over ride a skin?) Can someone help me/give me a guide on that? Any help is appreciated
Use cBliss Tool and you'll be able to customize the codes that load the extra costumes. It doesn't matter if your menu files have icons for every slot, with the tool you can select how many of them you'll see ingame per character.

Monster_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThaM0nster
3DS FC
0189-9032-2073
Use cBliss Tool and you'll be able to customize the codes that load the extra costumes. It doesn't matter if your menu files have icons for every slot, with the tool you can select how many of them you'll see ingame per character.
Is this how the PMDT does it? How do I use the cBliss tool btw, the box appears greyed out:

Last edited:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Is this how the PMDT does it? How do I use the cBliss tool btw, the box appears greyed out:
Not really, in the PMDT the codes are made manually. cBliss Tool works with similar codes, and patches the gct file to use a different setup for the characters selected in the list.

You can watch this video to try to see how it works:

Monster_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThaM0nster
3DS FC
0189-9032-2073
Okay. I realized what I did wrong, I'm a huge modding scrub, but I'm trying to pick some stuff up. Cheers, I'll let you know if I have any other problems. Thanks a million friend

Monster_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThaM0nster
3DS FC
0189-9032-2073
Okay, So i've gotten the skin into the game like this, but how do I change the CSP/BP/Stock Head for the character? Costume manager says "unable to open for write access" and Brawl Box simply says its not there. Any help?

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Okay, So i've gotten the skin into the game like this, but how do I change the CSP/BP/Stock Head for the character? Costume manager says "unable to open for write access" and Brawl Box simply says its not there. Any help?
There's plenty of guides for this sort of thing, bub.

You have the file open elsewhere. Close it and open it only in Costume Manager (which has been updated btw)

Monster_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThaM0nster
3DS FC
0189-9032-2073
You have the file open elsewhere. Close it and open it only in Costume Manager (which has been updated btw)
I know for a fact that I don't have it open anywhere else yet I still can't. I can save any other file, but none of the cBliss CSP stuff

Rai-Zikudo

Smash Rookie
Hi umm... do you think you can make a version that's in brawl order instead of cbliss order? Because the cbliss tool won't let me switch to brawl order on your code file. And my pcs files don't match with my csp on the css.

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
Hi there. I'm totally loving this baby. I've been busy arranging the skins, portraits and Icons for all characters and I'm finally done.
However, my build freezes as soon as the cursor is about to hover over Donkey Kong in the CSS. I used the skins from your other build and the boxer skins that PM already has, and I'm using their respective CSPs. No matter what I do, whenever the cursor is about to go over DK's face in the CSS. Please help with that.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Hi there. I'm totally loving this baby. I've been busy arranging the skins, portraits and Icons for all characters and I'm finally done.
However, my build freezes as soon as the cursor is about to hover over Donkey Kong in the CSS. I used the skins from your other build and the boxer skins that PM already has, and I'm using their respective CSPs. No matter what I do, whenever the cursor is about to go over DK's face in the CSS. Please help with that.
Double check your formatting on all CSPs in the CSS and make sure you haven't breached the file size limit.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Hi, I need some help.

Literally all I want from this is the character selection screen. The roster placement is nice and the out-of-box thing is cool. I don't care about expanding the alternate costumes or alternate stage loader. I downloaded the pack, but how do I ONLY add the character selection screen shown in the screenshots above, nothing else? Could I lose my build by only adding that?

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
Double check your formatting on all CSPs in the CSS and make sure you haven't breached the file size limit.
How do I know I'm breaching the filesize limits without having to test and retest this thing over and over. Is there a parameter?

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Hi, I need some help.

Literally all I want from this is the character selection screen. The roster placement is nice and the out-of-box thing is cool. I don't care about expanding the alternate costumes or alternate stage loader. I downloaded the pack, but how do I ONLY add the character selection screen shown in the screenshots above, nothing else? Could I lose my build by only adding that?
Replace your sc_selcharacter_en.pac with the one in the pack, and edit and delete CSPs as necessary. There are plenty of other fantastic CSSs out there as well. Try the Vault, or possibly Modulous.
How do I know I'm breaching the filesize limits without having to test and retest this thing over and over. Is there a parameter?
sc_selcharacter_en should not go over 3.79 MB

Last edited:

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
edit and delete CSPs as necessary.
How do I do that? What do I need to do? I replaced the file. If I don't edit the CSPs will it not be out-of-the-box? If it's too complicated, I'm fine with it being like that. I have BrawlBox.
Sorry if I sound needy, I'm new to adding things to Project M.

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I need some help.

http://smashboards.com/threads/out-of-the-box-css-v1-5.365948/

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
sc_selcharacter_en should not go over 3.79 MB
I have that file on 3.60 MB and it still happens. I lowered the resolution of all DK's portraits and still happens. Whenever the cursor goes over DK, the game freezes.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I have that file on 3.60 MB and it still happens. I lowered the resolution of all DK's portraits and still happens. Whenever the cursor goes over DK, the game freezes.
Try removing your custom costumes. If that fails just install a fresh CSS.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
WHAT IS THIS?
It took me an hour, bur I finally added a Midbus alt to Bowser's slots; he's right after Dry Bowser. It shows up in Brawl Costume Manager but it won't even show up on the character select screen, like it doesn't exist. What's the deal?

Dinowaffles

Smash Cadet
Im not using this kit but I have two questions regarding cBliss
1. How do I add stock icons to cBliss added costumes?
2. How do i make the cBlisss added costume a team color?

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
So I fixed DK's issue by basically starting all over again. Now, I've got a new issue.
Bowser's green team color is now FitKoopa02, and for this, and the rest of the "default" colors, I imported the Smash 3 costumes from FEWTCH's build.
Whenever Green Bowser (FitKoopa02) is going to fight, it freezes after the stage is selected.
I placed the Battle portraits, icons, and costume the way I'm supposed to and the costume's filesize is lower than most.
In addition I tried putting a less heavy costume in its place as a test and still doesn't work.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Did you put a Giga Bowser in that slot? if you don't have a GKoopa02, the game will freeze.

armyman12345

Smash Apprentice
Not really, in the PMDT the codes are made manually. cBliss Tool works with similar codes, and patches the gct file to use a different setup for the characters selected in the list.

You can watch this video to try to see how it works:

How would I add the codes generated to my Project M gct?

Last edited:

Rai-Zikudo

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I'm trying to figure out the order of this this in terms of character placement. I know for a fact I have captain falcon 03 and 07 (both pac and pcs) and it freezes when I pick them. I also have the stock, icon, and results files. So am I missing something?
I know the cbliss order starts with 00 01 02 03 04 and so on, but for captain falcon that shouldn't be a problem.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Let me see your gct file and I'll try to see what's wrong.

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste
I know this is a DIY build, and i don't know if it's just me... but even without using Brawl Costume Manager the colors are all over the place (i.e. picking Green Mario portrait only to get Blue Mario; the team colors are even worse in organization and freeze sometimes), and arranging the normal portraits of all the characters would be a tedious task. Think you could address this problem?

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
I'd like to know how do I fix a minor aethetic issue.
Ganondorf's 11th costume shows the Stock icons for his 10th costume.
Also, Mewtwo's 10th costume also shows his 9th costume stock iconals
Doesn't matter how I try to change it, and Costume manager shows me as if I had done everything correctly.
I know this is a DIY build, and i don't know if it's just me... but even without using Brawl Costume Manager the colors are all over the place (i.e. picking Green Mario portrait only to get Blue Mario; the team colors are even worse in organization and freeze sometimes), and arranging the normal portraits of all the characters would be a tedious task. Think you could address this problem?
Try going to options > Use cBliss Mappings. It will arrange the portraits in the order they will appear in the game correctly.
All characters, save for SOME which their default color is a team color have the team colors arranged this way: 01-Red, 02-Green, 03-Blue.

Top Bottom