• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Catherine Mafia Game Over! Lolilovesrain wins in Queenmaker!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Here was my plan for tommorrow:

I investigated Loli the very same night. I was going to lynch Loli and thought that red scum could only kill and realized that they had to shoot blue scum as my theory indicated

something i'm really upset about is the fact that there's no way of town knowing that scum alternate the night kills

that really bothers me and that was the only reason for why i made my plan

Uguu

Smash Rookie
No but really, Ryker, I'd pick you over Nick.

Just not over Loli's first serious game and Summoner's return game. Circumstances bro!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What a game to read. Good ****, guys.

Soup, you have my feels.

Uguu

Smash Rookie
Yeah. You guys had it won, but we knew that anyway. He shot Soup to make me choose between him and Nick.

But there was no Nick.

Baka Ryker.

#HBC | ѕoup

I remember sending J a bunch of PM's explaining this and explaining why I believed Ryker, I had Loli as scum at first as blue but then realized she was likely red

I shouldn't have let DH get lynched there, I shouldn't have over-thought the setup, i'm frustrated with certain things but I understand that they were my fault, I wouldn't have acted on all my plans and I did have reads here and there, I think I relied on Setup Meta too hard a bit and that's what made me to believe I was correct.

You know what is irony? If Loli did have the kill and shot Ryker i'd have won. But since there's this alternating thing I couldn't predict that at all

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Nah, we both agreed on shooting Soup because we were sure he was going to cop us, which would have ****ed us.

If we killed you, it was Soup in the Kingmaker seat, and if we killed Loli, Soup could have copped us and won the game for Town.

Soup, Blue Scum got shot N3. Both teams flipped ONLY GOONS. Use your head.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Role PMs:

[collapse=Loli]

Hello, LoliH.Riddle and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Catherine (herself), Red Mafia Goon! You are the evil temptress who has an affair with Vincent to ruin his life...or to help it. Depends on how you look at it. You are indeed a little minx. ;) You are working together with Katherine(SummonerAU) in order to make sure life is hell for this little game by using your charms to coerce people to follow what you want.

Passive Ability:

Fight for the Kill: You have info that there is another mafia faction in the game that is completely against your faction. However, only one of you can kill per night. So how is this decided in a fair way?

The mafia team who hammers the player D1 gets the Night Kill on N1. After that, they will be NK'ing on every odd-night. If your team fails to hammer D1, you will get the Even-Night NKs.

If neither mafia faction hammers, the faction who was closest to hammering gets the NK.

Lace & Leather Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/XZfCUnSJaCSHg

Here is your quick-topic you may use to chat to your partner!

Active Ability:

Night-Kill: By PM'ing the mod on your designated night of killing with the command Kill: Sangfroid Warrior you may kill a player of your choosing.

It does not matter which member sends the NK.

You are part of the Red Mafia Faction and win when all threats to your faction are eliminated or you out-number all threats.

[Collapse=Safe-Claim]

Hello LoliH.Riddle and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Erica Anderson, Town Vanilla! You are the best friend waitress of the friends. However...there is some suspicion that you may have been a man before and your real name was Eric...you are very cutesy acting though and love acting that way.

You have no abilities besides your voice and vote so use them wisely!

You are Town aligned and win when all threats to town have been eliminated![/collapse]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Summoner]

Hello, SummonerAU and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Katherine McBride, Red Mafia Goon! You are the calm collected controlling girlfriend of the protagonist of the game and you want him to finally grow up and decide to marry you. So you have decided to team up with Catherine(LoliH.Riddle) to make sure you get what you want. You are...kind of scary...

Passive Ability:

Fight for the Kill: You have info that there is another mafia faction in the game that is completely against your faction. However, only one of you can kill per night. So how is this decided in a fair way?

The mafia team who hammers the player D1 gets the Night Kill on N1. After that, they will be NK'ing on every odd-night. If your team fails to hammer D1, you will get the Even-Night NKs.

If neither mafia faction hammers, the faction who was closest to hammering gets the NK.

Lace & Leather Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/XZfCUnSJaCSHg

Active Ability:

Night-Kill: By PM'ing the mod on your designated night of killing with the command Kill: Sangfroid Warrior you may kill a player of your choosing.

You are part of the Red Mafia Faction and win when all threats to your faction are eliminated or you out-number all threats.

[Collapse=Safe-Claim]

Hello SummonerAU, and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Daniel, Town Vanilla! You are a bit of a smarmy little man that is reliant on his money and is trying to one-up people all your life.

You are Town aligned and win when all threats to town have been eliminated![/collapse]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Muderbush]

Hello Murderbush and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Astaroth, Blue Mafia Goon! You are a sadistic little man that sits in the game's confessional. You taunt the protagonist while still maintaining to pull all the cords in the background to how you want things to go. What exactly are you? You have teamed up with Boss*Dumuzid*(Ori_Bro) to take over these male figures dreams to make sure reprocreation can occur.

Passive Ability:

Demon Underworld: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/WJeVAKyGjX3

Active Ability:

You are part of the Blue Mafia Faction and win when all threats to your faction are eliminated or you out-number all threats.

[Collapse=Safe-Claim]

Hello Murderbush, and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Jonathon "Jonny" Ariga, Town Vanilla! You are one of the main character's best friends and you stay calm and composed no matter what is going on. However, you yourself have some dark secrets in your past...

[/collapse]

[collapse=Ori_bro]

Hello Ori_Bro, and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Boss*Dumuzid*, Blue Mafia Goon! You are the owner of the bar called the stray sheep but that is only your persona you use to hide behind. You are actually the all powerful Dumuzid which is evil as all get-out. You are teaming up with Astaroth(Murderbush) to make sure your plans go all well in turns for reprocreation.

Passive Ability:

Demon Underworld: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/WJeVAKyGjX3

Active Ability:

You are part of the Blue Mafia Faction and win when all threats to your faction are eliminated or you out-number all threats.

[collapse=Safe-claim]

Hello Ori_Bro, and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Justin, Town Vanilla! You are a reporter who has a bit of a jaded past in terms of who you have done your reports on. You are a very resourceful man for figuring out puzzles.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Soup]

Hello Soup, and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Vincent Brooks, Town Sheep Cop! You are the protagonist of the entire game! The game revolves around you and your decisions to what you would like to do with your life. You are great at puzzles and you also know what is going on in both the daytime and the nightmares.

Active Abilities:

Investigate: During the Night Phase of the game, you can send me the command Investigate: Marshy and you will be told Sheep or Not Sheep to figure out whether they are playing for town or not. (Flavour wise, it just means Innocent and Guilty)

Your sanity, however, is not confirmed.

You are Town aligned and win when all threats to town have been eliminated!
[/collapse]

[collapse=Nabe]

Hello Nabe, and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Tobias "Tobi" Nebbins, Town Faith Healer! You are such a loyal friend and you are always so peppy! Everyone makes fun of you though for being somewhat of a ditz. Oh well, live life to the fullest eh?

Active Abilities:

Faith Healing: During the Night Phase of the game, you can PM me the command Heal: WashedLaundry and you will have a 50% chance of protecting them from the NK!

[collapse=Dark Horse]

Hello Dark Horse, and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Orlando Had****, Town Vanilla! You are a regular at the Stray Sheep and one of the main protagonists best friends. You also work with him at the same office. You love to drink and have a bit of a bad past due to your divorce.

[collapse=Uguu]

Hello Uguu, and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Todd, Town Vanilla! You are a macho manly man who loves to talk about his money, his babes, and his own power. Kind of an obnoxious guy but looks out for his friends really well. Pretty stand-up guy.

[collapse=Macman]

Hello Macman, and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Morgan, Town Vanilla! You are a nice cop who has a sad story to tell when talking about his past. His wife died and he is trying to find the murderer who killed her, but it has become his entire life....

[collapse=Zen]

Hello Zen, and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Archie, Town Vanilla! You have are terrible past, you were abused, *****, and locked up by your own mother until one day you were lucky enough to escape. However, you now abuse women because of your past, but hopefully things might turn around...

[collapse=BadClover]

Hello BadClover, and welcome to Catherine Mafia! You are Anna, Town Vanilla! You are in love with a man that is in a relationship and you are trying everything to convince him to divorce and elope with you. You just want your love to come true...

#HBC | ѕoup

I also literally told J in a PM that Ori was on a scum-team with someone just before he died that night, the only mistake here was getting burned by myself and ryker

#HBC | ѕoup

he mafia team who hammers the player D1 gets the Night Kill on N1. After that, they will be NK'ing on every odd-night. If your team fails to hammer D1, you will get the Even-Night NKs.
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

LoliH.Riddle

LoliLovesRain|NickRiddle
Soup as red i wouldn't have killed ryker i would have made it uguu, ryker and myself and gotten rid of you because you cleared uguu..

I would...have threatened to use naked screenshots of xonar if he didnt vote ryker with me lol

#HBC | ѕoup

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

J could you explain from a town perspective how i'm supposed to guess that

#HBC | ѕoup

>Blue scum dies N3
>Red must have the kill! It makes sense now!
>lol nope they alternate on even nights you lose

my heart, it is breaking

it was fun and i'm not grudging here but

the pain

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That's why we thought DH was scum, that hammer was so out of nowhere.

Stay free Zen though. Facecheck the bush and you won't survive.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I also legitimately thought Soup was a flavor cop, because Anna's not a sheep, lmao.

That was entirely serious setup speculation on my part.

#HBC | ѕoup

how am i supposed to guess thhhaaaat

also i wouldn't have acted on just flavor i said that, i shouldn't let DH lynch himself but I guess I dug my own hole

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

J could you explain from a town perspective how i'm supposed to guess that
The game isn't about being able to guess the set-up correctly. The game is about lynching scum. You don't need to know that the kills alternate in order to do that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You weren't supposed to guess that. You were supposed to find scum. Setup cracks are great and work well if you're right, but they HAVE to be supplemented by reads.

#HBC | ѕoup

They were.

My only issue here is that I trusted you enough and had a setup canon in my mind, I didn't make a play unless it was backed by reads, the plan fell into that along with my own role

#HBC | ѕoup

What I really dislike is that misleading information also, I understand it's to balance things out but it's really ******* and made me overthink it

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lol town trying to break my set-up again.

Do people not think I learned from my other games about flavour and making things too obvious? I even said from the very get go it was a very unique/different game.

Anyways, I would love comments on the set-up! I have comments on the players that I will post later but yeah.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Setup was fun. Having to find the other scum was interesting, I feel like the scumteams were kinda bland. All in all, the setup was driven by the mechanic, not the roles themselves, so I suppose that comes down to taste. It was really just Cop/half-*** Doc/ 2 scumteams.

You were ****ed anyway DH. Your D1 play was *** though. THAT HAMMER.

#HBC | ѕoup

i'm not even really upset about my play here, i really did think logically as possible and my only mis-step was getting too caught on plans and of the sort, I deduced that loli was one scum regardless of things and it literally was (to me) loli or DH. I felt DH was being genuine but I let myself think 'nah scum gotta kill the blue I'll cop loli and if he turns out scum i'll just lynch her and boom i win' but then...

#HBC | ѕoup

Just because I want to:

N1 I copped Dark Horse. I copped him knowing he was likely to get lynched on D2 and to test my sanity. BadClover was modkilled instead and completely messed that up.
N2 I copped Summoner. I felt it was something needing to be checked and it turned out stellar.
N3 I copped Uguu for the sake of testing Ryker's claim (2 scum on the wagon) and my own suspicisions, I led myself to believe I (possibly) couldn't get guilty on the blue mafia, but I instantly realized that Ryker could possibly be lying, so this is what led my to my N4 investigation on Loli.

#HBC | ѕoup

The most upsetting thing is that I got burned by the mechanic, I tried setting myself up into a situation where it was basically impossible for me to lose.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I find myself staggeringly confused that you lynched DH with an Inno on him after your guilty flipped scum.

Why?

#HBC | ѕoup

Here's something I sent J the night before Ori died:

Yep. Wanted to drop a couple of other reads just for the sake of dropping them.

I firmly believe that Ori is on a scum-team of sorts, but he isn't aligned with Dark Horse. I know that Summoner just flipped red mafia, but I think he was aware of it. I know you didn't purposely name them red mafia goon for nothing, I know you've got a second team out there now. Possibly without a kill or something. Anyways...Uguu on investigation. If he flips scum then it's one team I was already thinking. If innocent and a Sheep, then adding in the factor of Ryker telling the truth: Dark Horse is confirmed guilty.

So basically Ori/DH/Uguu

Riddle really has been a non-factor here lol
Here's something I sent J the night after:
4 VTs (Zen, Badwolf, Uguu, Macman)
1 Cop (Possibly doesn't get Guilty on blue)(Me)
1 Census Taker (Ryker)
1 Faith Healer (Supportive role to mine?)(Nabe)

Mafia w/ Kill
1 Red Goon (SummonerAU)
1 Red Godfather (Dark Horse)

Mafia without Kill
2 Blue goons (Ori, Loli?)

I think DH is possibly Godfather or something, I really don't believe that Summoner would just hammer like that if he knew there was a fall-back like I said in thread. If I'm wrong then I'm confident it's Loli , I repeat that it IS NOT Murderbush. I think DH killed Ori on the fact he didn't know that there was an indy and wanted to get rid of his only threat, I don't know why he didn't kill me somehow but it depends honestly.

I believe Ryker, I believe his claim and I really do believe he's town.

#HBC | ѕoup

Though I reconsidered this a lot, it really did me just beliving that my insanity was just that I couldn't get guilty on the blue mafia.

I think I should have investigated Ryker like I wanted to a ton of times, but I held myself back with the fact he gave information that was useful and didn't want to waste my report on it.

#HBC | ѕoup

I find myself staggeringly confused that you lynched DH with an Inno on him after your guilty flipped scum.

Why?
See my latest posts, I led myself to believe that my insanity was basically that I couldn't get guilty on blue mafia.

Top Bottom