• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin- get it now!

Peaches

Smash Lord
No, I don't know what you mean actually. Vampire Killer is ******** good.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Getting it is freakishly hard.

I still haven't defeated Dracula, but what's with the chunk of stuff mising from the top left of the map? I'm already near the game, and I still haven't gone there. Please tell me there's something there. A huge chunk missing like that is kinda lame.

Peaches

Smash Lord
The top left is Dracula.

Getting the Vampire Killer IS easy actually. Just use Cream Pies or mastered Shuriken or NEbula and don't forget your ancient armor if you have it (I didn't have it when I first beat him).

Link-NY

Smash Ace
Getting it is freakishly hard.

I still haven't defeated Dracula, but what's with the chunk of stuff mising from the top left of the map? I'm already near the game, and I still haven't gone there. Please tell me there's something there. A huge chunk missing like that is kinda lame.
Yea i thought the same thing in most castlevania games theres always another part there =x. appearenlty this time they left that huge chunk out.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Woah, I love how the people in this game to actually change the voices to English unlike the previous hand held installments. Most games in general leave the voices in Japanese >.> (not that I find it annoying or anything).

So, yeah, this game owns despite the fact I haven't played online yet and I only reached and beaten the second painting world thingy (the Egyptian place) <.<

saud

Smash Lord
w00t!!!

Just beat the game Hard Mode lvl 1.

Equip Ancient Armor + Miser Ring + Stellar Sword (Fast and strong)

Beat Whip's memory with only using High Tonics for recovery.

Does anyone know if that if I beat Hard Mode again, will I gain the +50 bonus?

Peaches

Smash Lord
You can gain a bonus for beating every hard mode, but I'm pretty sure you can only get it once. I think it's +50 strength for lvl 1 cap, defense for lvl 30, and +50 luck for lvl 50 cap.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
"A painting of the of the soul!!"

XD but really, I really like this game. I wish some of the weapons were more unique like in SotN, but the stuff is still good. One of the things that I like about this game is that you can change the voices back to Japanese. Axe Bomber looks/sounds cool like that. But I like the English voices too.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Are you ready for this? Castlevania: DCW, 2007

I have no idea what DCW stands for, but it's the acronym for the next Castlevania game. Someone on GameFAQs said it on the Portrait of Ruin board. Yeah yeah, this sounds sketchy, but she had every single piece of info about the game up on the PoR message boards since September the very latest. Bosses, dialogue, quests, unlockables, she named them all. Her user name is PORTRAITofRUIN in case you want to verify this. Go look find her name on the stickied topic if you dont believe me.

She said she went here as well.
http://www.forumplanet.com/classicgaming/castlevania/topic.asp?fid=3691&tid=1948622&p=9

"Castlevanis: DCW, 2007"
That's all she wrote. I dont know if that means it's being released this year or what.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
zomg, <3 Castlevania

btw...commonyoshi....WTF. You have more posts than me and I've been here for 2 more years O_O

(11.87 posts per day) wtf man! :laugh:

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I haven't posted much in the last week either. I truely have no life.

I just beat the game today including the Nest of Evil.
Doppleganger is a lifesaver for mastering all of Johnathan's skills. All those returning bosses were great too.

Can anyone tell me how in the world I can raise my INT to 100? I know using the boosting spell helps, but it isn't enough. Any special armors I should wear? Should I just train?

Nite

Smash Champion
Just put on anything that'll give you bonuses and then use Charlotte's spell to raise your INT.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I pre-ordered this from GameStop for the bonus CD/Stylus/Poster/Ect. And when I got it in the mail the box was destroyed because they packed it in a paper thin envelope. W/E the game rocked though, as do all Castlevania games(save for Lament and the other crap PS2 3D one).

Top Bottom