• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castle Siege Neutral??????

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Why is castle siege not a neutral stage. I don't see a real problem with the stage that could change the outcome at all. Someone please explain why its not neutral.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Why is castle siege not a neutral stage. I don't see a real problem with the stage that could change the outcome at all. Someone please explain why its not neutral.
KING DEDEDE PLUZ +++++ CASTLE SIEGE PARTZ TWA = UDED LAWLZ

Any stage that is a walk off stage will never ever be considered neutral.

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
its a pity

not only is it (for 2/3 the time) completely tourny worthy, its also an awesome stage. good music, epic backgrounds.. but then a walk-off ledge -_-

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
Walk-off on the second part can really lead to some stupid kills by throws, especially with chaingrabbers(Falco, D3, Pika, etc.). Part one has somewhat gimpy ledges and Part three tilts kinda like lylat(not as much tho).

It's probably going to be a counterpick, but if chaingrabbing gets really bad than I can see a ban in its future.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Walk-off on the second part can really lead to some stupid kills by throws, especially with chaingrabbers(Falco, D3, Pika, etc.). Part one has somewhat gimpy ledges and Part three tilts kinda like lylat(not as much tho).

It's probably going to be a counterpick, but if chaingrabbing gets really bad than I can see a ban in its future.
I hope that the chain grabs don't get out of hand because I really would like to see this as a counter pick.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes in the transition to the next part, a character can be saved from the added ground. Not to mention in that the first part has small terrain, part 2 has some obsticles that block off projectiles and sometimes considered large in some cases. And After the transition to level 3, you maybe placed off the stage and have to work on recovering, leaving your opponent in a better position to strike you down. But nonetheless, I still love this stage

Cyberfrost849

Smash Rookie
i wish it was neutral too, it's just the 2nd part with the walk off KO thing they have in that part. It bugs the heck out of me when i play there >=(

Cecilia K.

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, who here agrees this stage has some of the best music?

Srsly. Fire Emblem ownz

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
There is no way that Castle Siege is neutral. It has walk-offs and statues that block projectiles for 50% of the time (I believe the second formation last longer than the bottom one). Even if it's just 33.3% of the time, the stage will never be neutral.

/topic.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
Yeah, characters with strong throws like DK can just stand a little off the screen and when the opponent approcheas grab them and back throw them off the stage...Potentially killing them at 0%.

lol....I actually do that a lot in FFAs.....Its pretty funny.

For the guy above me, Smash World Forums Global Rules say not to do "/topic" or"/close."
lol are you serious?!

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
The second form isn't really too bad. camping by the edge is solvable by not going near them, and the statues nicely prevent them from projectile spamming you. And if you're playing a chain grabber, run away. There's enough platforms to make that easy. If you're worried about stalling in a neutral stage, Rock and Fire transformations both encouraged it, but Pokemon Stadium was still neutral in Melee.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Just don't charge smashes while the stage is transforming. Is that really so hard to do?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I was under the impression it was a counterpick...

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Occasionally, if you are under the stage when it starts to shift, you won't be able to land on anything, and will fall right through the "floor." There are a few Youtube videos of it, and it's happened to me a few times.

Ryven

Smash Cadet
For the guy above me, Smash World Forums Global Rules say not to do "/topic" or"/close."
Really? Because I went and looked at them, and I can't find this.

EDIT: Okay, I found it. It's in the section about posting in spam topics, for some reason. -~;;

On topic, Castle Siege's first and third stages are awesome, but the second stage, with the statues and edges, heavily favors characters with a good chaingrab. Definitely not neutral, sadly. I wish there were more neutral stages.

huenikad

Smash Cadet
Too bad it's not neutral I really enjoy this stage. And the stage shift thing has happened to me once before playing my brother at home >.<

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
Occasionally, if you are under the stage when it starts to shift, you won't be able to land on anything, and will fall right through the "floor." There are a few Youtube videos of it, and it's happened to me a few times.
I've never seen that happen on Castle Siege but that's happened to me @ Delfino Plaza, a lot actually now that I think of it.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
It shouldnt be neurtal CP at the most.
A couple of minutes ago I was playing on it and then the stage went into that changing sequence ( It was heading to the rock stage with lava and stuff). Well when it ended I mysteriously fell through the rock and couldnt recover back to the stage.

Top Bottom