• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
So I've decided that Taheem is better than me being that imo he has so much potential and is already a very smart player.

So like by next May he'll be Better than me, 6 months

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
lol Vice why would you pick up DK just for the marth MU, it's not the worst but there are definitely better ones out there.
Also alex snake ditto MM for worst in NC? 99 Stock suicide battle. NCSU hype.

V1CE

Smash Champion
lol Vice why would you pick up DK just for the marth MU, it's not the worst but there are definitely better ones out there.
Also alex snake ditto MM for worst in NC? 99 Stock suicide battle. NCSU hype.
its just i know that the DK/marth MU best for marth beside mk... also DK is prob really my best character beside snake and wario... this doesnt include MK

anyway whats a better idea? I cant think of any characters that **** marth up that bad where it would be an obvious choice

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
I guess you could go DDD, but really I think DK will do just fine for that matchup. And Steve's DK is far better than his DDD imo.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
its just i know that the DK/marth MU best for marth beside mk... also DK is prob really my best character beside snake and wario... this doesnt include MK

anyway whats a better idea? I cant think of any characters that **** marth up that bad where it would be an obvious choice
Or just learn the Matchup with Snake and stay as him.

:phone:

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
yeah like arch said just get better with snake or learn diddy if you wanna get close to cleg, DK is gonna be a hard road. Won't let you take mah title either vice muaha

Stockfield

Smash Champion
that could be possible... my snake needs more refining toward matchups.
That's what I'm doing now. Just going to Learn my Matchups and only use Snake for everything.

I just don't think it's necessary to have like 10 different characters for different Matchups; 2 is enough really maybe 3.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If your two character have you losing badly in some common MUs, you are choosing your characters wrong and don't expect to get higher than 5th place at tournaments that any decent players show up.

/realtalk

V1CE

Smash Champion
esam knows what im talkin about... honestly alot of mk mains will be like ****kkkk i gotta play a badmatchup!!!! wtf do i do..... lol but i wont be like that

ALso waldorph what title is that huh?

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
So i dont know how i woke up on jd's couch. Steve you missed out on a good night

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
The DK main of NC currently. Since nima left for bowser. He can always have DK back cuz he's a bro though.
Honestly vice I don't really get why you're playin DK when you're planning on learning most of the high tiers.

V1CE

Smash Champion
Waldorph... I have always 2nd mained DK from back in NY where I learned how to play DK first from Bum then from Will... You forget I played Smash in NY/NJ with those guys for years before i moved here... lol... DK is also my FAVORITE character to play.

Also Brian... man that sounds like u had a fun night but so did I and I got a bonus at the end ;P

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
nah I'm not mad i didn't even use an exclamation mark bro. Just saiyan your reasoning for using DK according to what you said earlier was flawed as hell lololol.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
if you really wanna beat craig, pick up yoshi *smirk*

btw, with mk out of the way, Zelda for top tier. she rox!!!!

inb4everyonepicksupZelda

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
ya'll don't even know the power of the triforce. like, come on, all her sparkles moves have transcendant priority. you know what other broken character had a moveset of nothing but transcendant priority....yeah, that one fluffball with the wings and the sword.

but on the reals, zelda's got a good upsmash and downsmash. now if only her dash speed and grab frame were improved....oh, and if she was given a good aerial game.....and a decent jab, and perhaps a functional forward tilt, and maybe a better recovery, and perhaps less ending lag on naryu's love, maybe a decent projectile....perhaps if din's was......functional? then that character would be great. oh wait, she does have one decent move. down b. not as good as it was in melee, but it's still the best move she's got. and that's why zelda will be top tier! :p

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
best move in the game, next to zelda's down b, next to ganon's warlock punch

worst move in the game: sheik's down b, though it's a pretty decent kill move

V1CE

Smash Champion
List of horrible moves in brawl...

1. Ganon's uptilt
2. Rob's side b
3. Wario's downsmash
4. Mario's dtilt
5. Ganon's warlock punch
6. Yoshi's side b
7. Sonic's upsmash
8. Wario's upsmash
9. Link's Charge up b on the ground
10. Game and watch's Uptilt
11. DDD's Down B
12. Pikachu's dsmash
13. Peach's uptilt
14. Pit's side b
15. Shiek's down air
16. ZSS's down air
17. ZSS's fsmash
18. ZSS's upsmash
19. Ice Climbers uptilt
20. Bowsers down b

this is all i can think of... .i am missing stuff

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Peach's U-tilt is one of the best ground anti-airs in the game...it also does like 13%

Pikachu's D-smash is godlike as a GTFO move.

ZSS's F-smash has a really small sweetspot that is stronger than her bair.

IC's U-tilt is amazing for anti-air and for stalling for nana to get back/get up.

The worst move in the game is actually Mario's D-tilt. It has ****ty range, Mario has frame disadvantage, and you can't even use it to punish shield breaks.

Situational =/= bad. There are only a few "bad" moves in the entire game.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
yeah when I saw peach utilt and IC u tilt I was like wait....what those moves are ****. most of those moves I would say are not bad but just EXTREMELY situational, very few occasions to use them. and they're gimmicky. but yeah a few are just plain bad.

V1CE

Smash Champion
you guys are all crazy have you SEEEEN my DK it is soooooooo big i mean really...

ALSO MY BAD!!!! I KNOW PEACH's uptilt is amazing.... I was thinking of her melee uptilt for some reason!!!! NOW THAT MOVE IS ASSSS

pikachus dsmash is garbz..... just di out and free hit thank you come again...

only thing wario's dsmash can be used for is like during falcos side b near the edge.... its ****.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Bowser's Down+B is not bad when you're using it to get to a ledge, or as an occasional mix-up while grounded. His worst move is his Dair, by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom