• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Run Speed in MPH

riboflavinbob

Smash Apprentice
Basing the length of final destination by using Snake's (the only connection between the realistic world and the SSBB world) height, which i suppose is around 6 feet? Final destination is around 54 feet wide. And Captain Falcon clears it in about 1.29 seconds. So that's like 41.86 feet per second. And that is around 28 miles per hour. (28... give or take a mph or two)

He's way faster than Usarian Bolt. Captain would finish the 100 meter dash in about 7.83 seconds going at ~28 mph.

ya lol.

I posted this in melee forums on accident.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Or he'd do his Final Smash and run over the other racers.... Trying to estimate the width of FD is pretty inaccurate though. Having him run on the Home Run Contest track might give a more accurate idea of how fast he is.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
But Sonic can run at the speed of sound.

750 mph>28 mph

If there's that large of a difference, how can Falcon keep up with Sonic in the game?
It's poetic and all, but Sonic can't run at the speed of sound unless sound travels slower in his universe. Assuming the estimate for Falcon is accurate, Sonic only runs at like 50 mph.

riboflavinbob

Smash Apprentice
But Sonic can run at the speed of sound.

750 mph>28 mph

If there's that large of a difference, how can Falcon keep up with Sonic in the game?
Well... Captain Falcon does have an F-Zero machine... which completely demolishes sonic's top speed going at ~1500 mph. Unless you're talking about sonic's differen't forms or w/e but still, Captain Falcon has his Falcon Punch. So he wins. No exeptions.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
It's poetic and all, but Sonic can't run at the speed of sound unless sound travels slower in his universe. Assuming the estimate for Falcon is accurate, Sonic only runs at like 50 mph.
Or CF could just turn sonic into roadkill using the Blue Falcon which EXCEEDS the speed of sound. (max speed of about mach 2.3)

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Just to be picky. Usain Bolt, at top speed at least, is considerably faster than captain falcon. An Olympic caliber 100m sprinter reaches ~30mph at top speed. Usain Bolt is considerably faster than your average olympic runner (obviously), and considering he's a slow starter and relies on his top end speed to win him races, even faster than that.

The expert commentator on the olympics put him at around 33-35mph (which insane).

So yeah, there you go, its slower cause you start at 0.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Well... Captain Falcon does have an F-Zero machine... which completely demolishes sonic's top speed going at ~1500 mph. Unless you're talking about sonic's differen't forms or w/e but still, Captain Falcon has his Falcon Punch. So he wins. No exeptions.
Heh. All Sonic has is that stupid "GO!" punch.
What's up with that?

SmashGod17

Smash Cadet
Just to be picky. Usain Bolt, at top speed at least, is considerably faster than captain falcon. An Olympic caliber 100m sprinter reaches ~30mph at top speed. Usain Bolt is considerably faster than your average olympic runner (obviously), and considering he's a slow starter and relies on his top end speed to win him races, even faster than that.

The expert commentator on the olympics put him at around 33-35mph (which insane).

What? I heard somewhere that the average Olympic sprinter runs at 20 mph, not 30. I also did some calculations on Bolt's speed and ended up with 23 mph (which would still be faster than average). I don't think 30 is even possible for humans.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong but, the Blue Falcon has traveled at speeds well over 1500mph. And if that loses to Sonics "Super-Sonic", Then CF has the Falcon Flyer design for interstellar travel. And that must travel much faster than even Hyper-sonic speeds.

Roihu

Smash Ace
No surprise.
Captain Falcon would be awesome in the Olympics.... *Imagines it*

Noodlehead

Smash Lord

you cant compare him to falcon.everone knows falcon will burn him

Wogrim

Smash Lord
are u sure that he meant mph?
because 23mph are round about 36 kmh (kimoleters per hour)
I think you misread, it's 28 not 23. And yes I checked the calculations (assuming the FD width estimate was correct). As for the Bolt vs Falcon thing Falcon always runs at top speed, and Falcon never tires, so Falcon would win in any race with him.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
I think you misread, it's 28 not 23. And yes I checked the calculations (assuming the FD width estimate was correct). As for the Bolt vs Falcon thing Falcon always runs at top speed, and Falcon never tires, so Falcon would win in any race with him.
Gold medal-Falcon:bee:
silver medal -bolt
bronze medal-sonic

Top Bottom