• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's MANLY Matchup Guide/Discussion Thread Week 16: Yoshi/Sonic

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Yes. I don't use Falcon, nor have I made an analytical guide on him to know that his f-air is a sex kick. You'd better go edit SmashWiki's Sex Kick section. I don't see Falcon there.
But you do know falcon enough to discuss him in a matchup discussion, right?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
But you do know falcon enough to discuss him in a matchup discussion, right?
That's all I need to know. I don't need to know, for example, the amount of damage percent his attacks do, which would be a part of an analytical Captain Falcon guide. I work for the Samus board. Any character besides her isn't worth my time in creating a guide.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
*@!@$*&$*&@$&@!
Why do the matchup discussions go to hell when I'm gone? WHY? WHYYYYYYYY?

WTF. typical....... why is it MOST low tier character boards make thier character seem better than it actually is?

ill admit this though......

Falcon DOES NOT deserve absolute last on this list(thats for jigs or ganon) but falcon is still TERRIBLE.

but anyways.....

For the record, if a GOOD falcon and a GOOD samus fight. Falcon cannot win. Falcons ONLY thing that truly will promise damage is the jab to grab trash. But getting hit with an attack out of the jab to grab is nearly impossible unless the samus judges wrong or is jabbed to grab at 0%.

Zair and missles slow falcon down and does chip damage(even if he power shields, it slows him down and allows samus to control the pace of the match). Who ever controls the pace is in a huge advantage.

Falcons recovery is absolute trash. Even if it wasnt, samus can literally run off the stage and Zair/missle/spike(even if falcon UP+Bs). Whats even more amazing is that samus can go MUCH further than most characters(aside from pit, jigs, kirby or meta) to gimp falcon.

If falcon doesnt space, BOOM!!!! Samus UP+B out of shield. If he does space, doesnt matter. He has WAY to much lag to do anything.

And im gonna throw this in here mainly cause it feels good to know it works on falcon 90% of the time.

if falcons shield is weak(even the slightest) samus can fast fall a up-air to d-smash or even and UP+B(if falcon % is too high). Falcon is one of the few chars who get hit with this easily.

so in conclusion, A GOOD SAMUS vs a GOOD falcon.........65-35 samus favor.

PS: plz try and jump over Zair or missles. it will take 2 jumps........this means i get a free UP+B in your face or ill just watch you airdodge then UP+B you then(multiple hit attacks FTW)
Oh hi there. You obviously overrated some things.
We can approach via sliding sidestep. That means, we can slide right past a missile or two, and then punish your grab or shield your aerial. Samus can't wall as effectively against character with high mobility simply because we can get PAST the wall fast enough.

Falcon can control the pace of the match if he gets up close. Samus has a rhythm to her moves, and the beat is her short hops. Once the wall has been avoided, samus only has her sh'd aerials to defend herself, and falcon can answer them different ways.

Falcons recovery is trash.... lol bias. Falcon's recovery is insanely risky to gimp, due to falcon dive stage spiking most characters. Falcon dive has more vertical recovery and horizontal recovery than screw attack. Perhaps you should do your research before posting such stupid things? Samus's bomb jumping and zair let her have a better overall recovery than falcon, but you just come off biased saying falcon dive is trash.

BOOM, if samus upbs out of shield, and misses, its a free dsmash/fsmash! WHO WULD THINK IT? Besides, you can SDI the first hit and get out and drop a knee when falling back down on the still helpless samus. We ARE assuming you're playing a good falcon, right?

When my shield is weak, I tend to go to midrange, but yes, because samus has true combos she can shield pressure nicely with her cqc game. But thats not character specific, and you only need to shuair to thrwart the whole fair idea.

Lastly, I invite you to try and up b me when I'm dropping on you. Please, so I get a free dsmash when you miss. :|
Samus has sex kick

*ends*
GET OUT.
SERIOUSLY, YOU DO NOTHING TO HELP THE DISCUSSIONS BUT SAY STUPID AND IGNORANT THINGS THAT HAVE NO POINT.
Congratulations, samus has a sex kick. Wow. SHOCKER. When am I supposed to even BEGIN caring? How does that MATTER? Nair outranges it, uair outranges it, bair outranges it, and the knee trades blows.
Alt + F4 plz

And dryn, I'll cover your post later, I have to run off to work!!!!! *is late*

Player-3

Smash Hero
WTF. typical....... why is it MOST low tier character boards make thier character seem better than it actually is?

Falcon DOES NOT deserve absolute last on this list(thats for jigs or ganon) but falcon is still TERRIBLE.

but anyways.....

For the record, if a GOOD falcon and a GOOD samus fight. Falcon cannot win. Falcons ONLY thing that truly will promise damage is the jab to grab trash. But getting hit with an attack out of the jab to grab is nearly impossible unless the samus judges wrong or is jabbed to grab at 0%.

Zair and missles slow falcon down and does chip damage(even if he power shields, it slows him down and allows samus to control the pace of the match). Who ever controls the pace is in a huge advantage.

Falcons recovery is absolute trash. Even if it wasnt, samus can literally run off the stage and Zair/missle/spike(even if falcon UP+Bs). Whats even more amazing is that samus can go MUCH further than most characters(aside from pit, jigs, kirby or meta) to gimp falcon.

If falcon doesnt space, BOOM!!!! Samus UP+B out of shield. If he does space, doesnt matter. He has WAY to much lag to do anything.

And im gonna throw this in here mainly cause it feels good to know it works on falcon 90% of the time.

if falcons shield is weak(even the slightest) samus can fast fall a up-air to d-smash or even and UP+B(if falcon % is too high). Falcon is one of the few chars who get hit with this easily.

PS: plz try and jump over Zair or missles. it will take 2 jumps........this means i get a free UP+B in your face or ill just watch you airdodge then UP+B you then(multiple hit attacks FTW)
I agree with SOME things here.
and who cares, you get a screw attack.
your 0.01% of the way there to being able to kill falcon
but you are way out of line (istill<3you)

falcon doesnt deserve bottom of bottom no, but he IS NOT HORRIBLE
FALCON ISNT HORRIBLE
EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST BETTER
so in relevence, yes hes horrible
but he is not a bad character.

look, you make it seem like every ****ing falcon player just STANDS THERE
oh look, we powershielded.. i guess we have to stand here since powershield DOESNT TAKE LIKE 4 FRAMES, and WHAT THE HELL, YOU SAID "oh we can just shield his Dtilt and use ours"..........
and we cant?
just because we play falcon doesnt make us trash.
please stop being a ****
( i still <3 you)

and the whole UPB our Nair cancel.
i lol'd.

i dont know what falcon your playing, but if marth cant UpB out of it, you certainly cant.
before saying stuff you try out without knowing how to PROPERLY execute it,
maybe you should ask someone who might you know... know something about the character..
and the knee IS A SEX KICK
a SEX KICK is an attack which gets WEAKER THE LONGER IT IS OUT

wait...
doesnt the knee do that?

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
Ehhhh... Reading through I just have one major thought and that is that for some reason people keep bringing up tier listing. This has no place in a matchup thread. Just because a character is low tier doesn't make a matchup easier one way or another. Stop bringing that up. I have no idea if it's about making yourself feel better or something but just because C Falcon is bottom tier and might very well end up staying bottom doesn't mean anything in matchup discussions. Bring up actual facts to this discussion and no biases.

Also just from looking through I'm thinking Samus has something of a 60-40 (possibly 55-45) against Falcon and Fox a... 65-35?

Also I corrected the first post. I wasn't sure if Samus was quite heavy weight. I thought she might have been high middle weight but meh, guess I was wrong.

Zeallyx

That's all I need to know. I don't need to know, for example, the amount of damage percent his attacks do, which would be a part of an analytical Captain Falcon guide. I work for the Samus board. Any character besides her isn't worth my time in creating a guide.
Yes, I understand, but one has to know all the other characters options when discussing him/her in a matchup discussion.
falcon's sex kick knee, can trip (wich makes it combo into an Utilt for example)

and it can combo into jabs.
As jabs are very important for falcon's game, knowing all the moves that set us up/lead into jabs, is more important dan damage percents.

Also, falcon's sex kick knee is great for gimping.

In short, the fact falcon's knee is a sex kick, is a neccissity to know when facing falcon/discussing him in a matchup thread, as the sex kick knee has quite some uses.

Zeallyx

That's dependent on the stage.

So, why don't you Falcon mains start brawling with me? And if he wants, Xyro can join also.
Why would samus miss her up b Oos..

also, I have brawled you man ^_^
everyone, I recommend you to brawl dryn (and Xyro if he's up for it), so we can make a good, final ratio.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Why would samus miss her up b Oos..

also, I have brawled you man ^_^
everyone, I recommend you to brawl dryn (and Xyro if he's up for it), so we can make a good, final ratio.
please dont evaluate the matchup on wifi... im begging you...

and @ the up b oos missing,
**** happens.

sex kick is an old melee term used for nair...
but thats not what a sex kick is, a sex kick is (repeat)
an aerial that gets weaker the long it stays out
(/repeat)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Because hypothesizing the entire thing, probably fighting a crappy Samus player and thinking you know it all is the best way to go. Your choice. I prefer learning the match-up through experience before discussing it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Because hypothesizing the entire thing, probably fighting a crappy Samus player and thinking you know it all is the best way to go. Your choice. I prefer learning the match-up through experience before discussing it.
didnt say you shouldnt play.

i meant dont base the whole thing off of online matches..

EG: if something worked online that breaks the matchup that doesnt work offline

Crystanium

Smash Hero
didnt say you shouldnt play.

i meant dont base the whole thing off of online matches..

EG: if something worked online that breaks the matchup that doesnt work offline
You're assuming that everyone who plays online suffers horrible lag and/or latency. So much for Weurop taking the time playing online and winning in an offline tournament. Or so says Rohins.

Hive

Smash Lord

but anyways.....

idk i think the matchup is more around 60-40 and 55-45. samus has the advantage in the match, but captain falcon isn't entirely helpless either... the problem is that this doesn't come out unless you play really good falcons. Samus can zair/missile spam falcon of course, but then again you can say that about anyone really.. this doesn't necessarily constiture an advantage... samus can keep distance ok, but I think captain falcon isn't as bad off as some other characters in approaching her. he can approach really fast compartively, which limits how much she can spam, and if he's smart and powershields instead of jumping right above you he can gain ground quickly. if he has samus matchup exp he'll know how to get around a lot of spams as well, which will make the focus more close range.
samus can use her up b out of shield but this also possibly sets her up for a relatively free down b depending on the percentage falcon was hit and his trajectory as well. its also very punishable if the captain falcon shields it or spot dodges it, so its always a bit risky to try to get too predictable with this.
falcon's upb can also link from his jabs and it hits more than samus' up b and goes through shields.... i think overall captain falcon has the short range advantage in this match, not that samus is helpless here by any means, she can combo well into up b and dtilt, and use fairs, uairs, and grabs to maintain spacing. i think samus' advantage is mainly due to her ledge game, and long distance game, as well as her offledge game, though I think the advantage offledge is a bit overrated. What really determines the matchup imo is how well the falcon can close space on samus, and how offledge the game is. depending on certain levels I'd say falcon actually has the advantage, however, all in all i'd say... maybe 55-45, possibly 60-40 samus...

Zeallyx

and @ the up b oos missing,
**** happens.

but thats not what a sex kick is, a sex kick is (repeat)
an aerial that gets weaker the long it stays out
(/repeat)
yeah, one can also miss a jab, and eat a spaced smash..lulz yeah, **** happens.

and basing a discussion on experience>pure speculation.

Player-3

Smash Hero
You're assuming that everyone who plays online suffers horrible lag and/or latency. So much for Weurop taking the time playing online and winning in an offline tournament. Or so says Rohins.
maybe so, but whenever i personally play, even when my friends say the lag is near nothing i do absolutely HORRIBAD
idk i think the matchup is more around 60-40 and 55-45. samus has the advantage in the match, but captain falcon isn't entirely helpless either... the problem is that this doesn't come out unless you play really good falcons. Samus can zair falcon of course, but then again you can say that about anyone really.. this doesn't necessarily constiture an advantage... samus can keep distance ok, but I think captain falcon isn't as bad off as some other characters in approaching her. he can approach really fast compartively, which limits how much she can spam, and if he's smart and powershields instead of jumping right above you he can gain ground quickly.
samus can use her up b out of shield but this also possibly sets her up for a relatively free down b depending on the percentage falcon was hit and his trajectory as well.
falcon's upb can also link from his jabs and it hits more than samus' up b and goes through shields.... captain falcon has the short range advantage in this match. however i think samus wins it due to her ledge game, and long distance game, as well as her offledge game, though I think the advantage here is overrated.
i love you
<3333
this guy knows what hes saying
everyone thinks falcon is trash,
hes not, and people com ehere thinking that its ridiculous advantages in their favor..

@knee
inb4readwhatisaidaboutjustnotevaluatingtheWHOLEmatchuponwifi
<3 u

Zeallyx

maybe so, but whenever i personally play, even when my friends say the lag is near nothing i do absolutely HORRIBAD

i love you
<3333
hes not, and people com ehere thinking that its ridiculous advantages in their favor..

@knee
<3 u
yeah, you later took back what you said..

also lrn2wifi lulz

in all seriousness, a matchup discussion with personal (wifi) experience>a matchup discussion with pure speculation.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Fine. 60-40 or 55-45 samus favor. I think this match up has been reviewed to death now. Can we get a final answer?
We might get a final answer, but I'd still like to brawl with some Falcon mains here who have used Falcon consistently for six months or longer. I'm still working on my guide, and I have until this Sunday.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah, you later took back what you said..

also lrn2wifi lulz

in all seriousness, a matchup discussion with personal (wifi) experience>a matchup discussion with pure speculation.
lol me lrning2wifi would be impossible considering i dont have a wii.. lul

Dxkid

Smash Apprentice
We might get a final answer, but I'd still like to brawl with some Falcon mains here who have used Falcon consistently for six months or longer. I'm still working on my guide, and I have until this Sunday.
Ill help you out in your guide i improved and ill like to see if i gotten far yea also sorry bout the lag my connection sukcs during the weekday but on weekends its almost perfect anyway see you online if my wifi works

Crystanium

Smash Hero
and it can combo into jabs.
As jabs are very important for falcon's game, knowing all the moves that set us up/lead into jabs, is more important dan damage percents.
I came across this earlier today when I was brawling with someone. He used Falcon the first two matches, while I was Samus. I wasn't expecting him to use Falcon, since he's not his main, but he uses him as an alternative character. I got hit with f-air and I tripped, and then I was pummeled with Falcon's jab. I'm glad this happened, because in my mind, I was trying to reproduce this and wondering if I could just simply roll away the moment I tripped. That didn't turn out to be the case when I experienced it first hand.

Zeallyx

Except the jab will either be done fast enough to shield or it (or a subsequent one) will clank on the Smash?
What I said was just an example of how rediculous it is to say '**** happens' in a matchup discussion.
As, by that logic, we can throw frame data and such out the window, as 'anything can happen' cause, '**** happens'.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
**** it, whatever! @#@$@$ this conversation! THESE BOARDS GO TO HELL WHEN I'M NOT HERE :'(

I still maintain 55:45, but you guys can have your silly 60:40 if ya REALLY WANT IT. > : (

The fox matchup is 40:60. If you HONESTLY MAKE IT ANY LOWER I WILL HAVE TO MURDER PEOPLE. Because the fox boards have it at 60:40 for them. And then WE *the falcon boards* go off and make the matchup WORSE for falcon. Geez.

Up B OoS for samus isn't anywhere close to as effective as say, bowser's or MK's, its like Marth's, if you miss, you're screwed. Add the fact that Marth's has superior range in front of it and ALSO has the invul frames, and the fact that it still doesn't tear up falcon's game that much, and how in all of hell would samus's be any more dangerous?

Plus, you can still SDI out of it as she goes up if you DO manage to get hit, you'll just fly up a little above her and if you're not stupid as hell you can DI away and land before she does and get a free grab or something. Of course if you run into her and she does it then you're screwed and get to taste the damage. XD

I'm not underestimating samus players, the samus I play regularly *shadowth7* goes even with my SNAKE. But, the funny thing is my falcon also goes somewhat even with him.

Samus is still a pretty tough character to fight, but its a close match. Which is why I say 55:45 :p

Oh yeah, and is battlefield a stage samus's USUALLY PICK?
Because all the samus players I play ALWAYS PICK BATTLE FIELD ON ME AND NEVER STOP THE UP B SPAM > : (

Hive

Smash Lord
lol we samuses love battlefield ^^, it totally sets up her platform, and ledge games perfectly, and the middle platform is the perfect height for her up b... which is probably why you see it so much lol...
delfino and pokemon stadium 1 are good for her too. :) on the other hand, captain falcon can probably reap some advantage on lylat cruise and yoshi's island for neutrals, lylat bc he can use the tilt of the ship to avoid spam, and bc the tilts stun her edgegame though she can still use the platforms well, and yoshi's island bc it KILLS her ledge game, and bc the pop up platforms provide a second way to recover for falcon offstage, as well as the the weird platforms...

your right, hazardous, her up b isn't as good as, say, mks or marth's... its good but it lacks horizontal range and can make her vulnerable ^^ however, I don't think you'll have much luck di-ing out of it if you do get hit-> bc it drags you into it.

55-45 sounds good ^^ but either way.. :p

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
lol we samuses love battlefield ^^, it totally sets up her platform, and ledge games perfectly, and the middle platform is the perfect height for her up b... which is probably why you see it so much lol...
delfino and pokemon stadium 1 are good for her too. :) on the other hand, captain falcon can probably reap some advantage on lylat cruise and yoshi's island for neutrals, lylat bc he can use the tilt of the ship to avoid spam, and bc the tilts stun her edgegame though she can still use the platforms well, and yoshi's island bc it KILLS her ledge game, and bc the pop up platforms provide a second way to recover for falcon offstage, as well as the the weird platforms...

your right, hazardous, her up b isn't as good as, say, mks or marth's... its good but it lacks horizontal range and can make her vulnerable ^^ however, I don't think you'll have much luck di-ing out of it if you do get hit-> bc it drags you into it.

55-45 sounds good ^^ but either way.. :p
Yeah, you can't SDI after you get caught in the full vertical hitbox, but you can SDI as you go up. Its pretty hard though, but its possible. You gotta have hax timing XD

YI is great for falcon cuz of the perfect ledges for hopping back up! I love using them to avoid having to falcon dive for recovery and being forced to burn an aerial on landing. Also, it allows for some CRAZY recoveries, such as teching a chainspike from the IC or Falco by DIing to the side and hopping up back into the fight.

Zeallyx

**** it, whatever! @#@$@$ this conversation! THESE BOARDS GO TO HELL WHEN I'M NOT HERE :'(

I still maintain 55:45, but you guys can have your silly 60:40 if ya REALLY WANT IT. > : (

The fox matchup is 40:60. If you HONESTLY MAKE IT ANY LOWER I WILL HAVE TO MURDER PEOPLE. Because the fox boards have it at 60:40 for them. And then WE *the falcon boards* go off and make the matchup WORSE for falcon. Geez.

Up B OoS for samus isn't anywhere close to as effective as say, bowser's or MK's, its like Marth's, if you miss, you're screwed. Add the fact that Marth's has superior range in front of it and ALSO has the invul frames, and the fact that it still doesn't tear up falcon's game that much, and how in all of hell would samus's be any more dangerous?

Plus, you can still SDI out of it as she goes up if you DO manage to get hit, you'll just fly up a little above her and if you're not stupid as hell you can DI away and land before she does and get a free grab or something. Of course if you run into her and she does it then you're screwed and get to taste the damage. XD

I'm not underestimating samus players, the samus I play regularly *shadowth7* goes even with my SNAKE. But, the funny thing is my falcon also goes somewhat even with him.

Samus is still a pretty tough character to fight, but its a close match. Which is why I say 55:45 :p

Oh yeah, and is battlefield a stage samus's USUALLY PICK?
Because all the samus players I play ALWAYS PICK BATTLE FIELD ON ME AND NEVER STOP THE UP B SPAM > : (
ehm..no
@what I bolded in your post:
projectiles/Zair

65-35, samus' advantage

Zeallyx

Her projectiles/ZAir don't make her up-B more dangerous....
I see, I misread it as 'How in all hell can samus be any more dangerous'.

but even if her up is less dangerous than MK's/Marth's (wich is obvious, as their up OoS is beyond beastly), samus has quite alot on falcon.

I'll explain:

Samus' Zair spacing is really hard to deal with.
She can use her Zair spacing for alot of things:
Zair space>projectiles
Zair space>smashes
Zair space>tilts
Zair space>aerials.

The fact samus' Zair outranges anything we have, doesn't help falcon, but this alone doesn't makes this matchup 65-35.

Samus projectiles alone are an advantage, as beeing forced to approach is a disadvantage. Especially for falcon.

Samus' up b out of shield may be less dangerous than MK's/Marth's up b OoS, but samus' up b out of shield is still something to keep in mind.

Samus' close range game is not as bad as some of you make it out to be. Her neutral A on the ground is quite fast, and her Dtilt can kill. Her Fsmash comes out quite fast, and her Dsmash is also quite fast, and hits on both sides if I recall correctly.

Samus' Uair is also quite hard to deal with. If you are above her, this move can hit you fast.

As all of samus' aerials autocancel, she won't endure much lag after any of them, wich is a pro for her.

Her Zair also has almost no lag when she lands, so her long(er) range game, can, in theory, shut down falcon.

Samus' tether recovery gives her an extra option while recovering, making it harder to gimp her.

Also Samus' fully charged charge beam can kill.

and when falcon is offstage, and has to recover, the samus player doesn't need alot of guessing, to hit you with a projectile, as falcon's landing lag bug after sweetspotting the ledge with up b, even when nullified with a Nair/Uair/Bair, can give you trouble.

So when falcon is offstage, samus' advantage is even clearer, as she can knock you offstage again without much trouble. (rolling onto the stage>normal missle, jumping from the ledge>super missle, airdodge punish (as the landing lag bug makes you endure some lag, even when nullified) with another projectile. Or you get hit by the super missle, and also end up offstage. these where just some examples)

and also, samus' spike is quite beastly, too.

Samus has such clear advantages (on paper), that this matchup is at least 60-40, samus' advantage.

And with everything I wrote in this post, samus can easily have a 65-35 advantage on falcon, wich, as I see it, is the case.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace

but even if her up is less dangerous than MK's/Marth's (wich is obvious, as their up OoS is beyond beastly), samus has quite alot on falcon.

I'll explain:

Zair space>projectiles
Zair space>smashes
Zair space>tilts
Zair space>aerials.

The fact samus' Zair outranges anything we have, doesn't help falcon, but this alone doesn't makes this matchup 65-35.

Samus projectiles alone are an advantage, as beeing forced to approach is a disadvantage. Especially for falcon.

Samus' up b out of shield may be less dangerous than MK's/Marth's up b OoS, but samus' up b out of shield is still something to keep in mind.

Samus' close range game is not as bad as some of you make it out to be. Her neutral A on the ground is quite fast, and her Dtilt can kill. Her Fsmash comes out quite fast, and her Dsmash is also quite fast, and hits on both sides if I recall correctly.

Samus' Uair is also quite hard to deal with. If you are above her, this move can hit you fast.

As all of samus' aerials autocancel, she won't endure much lag after any of them, wich is a pro for her.

Her Zair also has almost no lag when she lands, so her long(er) range game, can, in theory, shut down falcon.

Samus' tether recovery gives her an extra option while recovering, making it harder to gimp her.

and when falcon is offstage, and has to recover, the samus player doesn't need alot of guessing, to hit you with a projectile, as falcon's landing lag bug after sweetspotting the ledge with up b, even when nullified with a Nair/Uair/Bair, can give you trouble.

So when falcon is offstage, samus' advantage is even clearer, as she can knock you offstage again without much trouble. (rolling onto the stage>normal missle, jumping from the ledge>super missle, airdodge punish (as the landing lag bug makes you endure some lag, even when nullified) with another projectile. Or you get hit by the super missle, and also end up offstage. these where just some examples)

Samus has such clear advantages (on paper), that this matchup is at least 60-40, samus' advantage.

And with everything I wrote in this post, samus can easily have a 65-35 advantage on falcon, wich, as I see it, is the case.
Zair spacing can be handled. Sliding sidesteps, shielding, or rolling *HELL NO DON'T ROLL lol*, or staying low to force the samus to use lower zair's *falcon kick, crouching* and then jumping over the zair.

Its not a wall like you're making it out to be. It still is very strong, but the lagless thing is a bit different here, the lag cancels when she hits the ground. Meaning, if you avoid the zair as she goes up, you can approach her unopposed. If she zairs as she's coming back down, you can approach and shield the zair, putting you in close range combat, and you're both grounded to add on to that fact.

Its a matter of prediction, if the samus performs properly, she'll keep you at long range, and have the upper hand, while if the falcon shields properly, he'll be able to move in, and not have to deal with a storm of missiles too. While this does force falcon to approach, samus's midrange game is really ONLY ZAIR, if you can avoid it, you're on even ground at midrange.

Tether recovery is just another option, and you can always falcon dive her as she snaps to the ledge. Actually, I'd recommend AGAINST it, but yeah it still is an option, as I see it screw attack is still FAR safer, since the hitbox can cancel out a few gimp options.

The reason charge beam is a horrendous kill option is two sided:
1. Its pretty telegraphed. I know that its a fast shot, but alot of the time I can predict when it'll come out, but this is all mindgames. Its hard to follow up on, forcing it to be used as a string ender or a spacing trick/trap. Its no doubt a strong kill option, but that brings me to number 2...

2. THE CHARGE TIME. You can't fire missiles or zair while charging. Meaning, you either charge while falcon's offstage and sacrifice a gimp option, charge during the match, sacrificing your zair/missile wall and allow falcon to rush in unopposed, or charge while falcon's dead. The only problem is getting falcon dead to begin with XD

You don't want to be relying on charge beam as your main kill option, since you have to recharge it after every shot, and its not exactly the easiest move to follow up on. Its a string ender type move, which means its also easy to know when your opponent will be using it. Samus can't follow up on the move if it gets shielded too, meaning a bad shot can give falcon a free approach.

Fsmash is an OK kill option, barring the fact that it's pretty short ranged and has a long cooldown time. Dtilt is VERY fast, and usually a samus's main kill option, but it's also a great move overall, so keeping this move fresh is hard for samus players. On top of that, it has a long cooldown and is nowhere close to safe on shield.

Dsmash is a bad kill option. It kills at ridiculously HIGH percentages. And I speak from experience *lol hylian lol*. Utilt is another good kill option, it's kinda like OUR utilt. Almost.

By the way, approaching doesn't automatically give your opponent the advantage. You don't have to commit to an attack when you approach, you only need to get in close enough to render samus's mid/long game useless. From there, you can work you way around and keep the momentum.

Samus still has an advantage, but her lack of killing power and the fact that falcon can work around her projectiles a bit better than some of the rest of the cast can give him an small edge to counter her superior zair and great offstage game.

I still hold my 55:45
Edit: samus favor you tards

TGM

Smash Lord
*@!@$*&$*&@$&@!
Why do the matchup discussions go to hell when I'm gone? WHY? WHYYYYYYYY?

Oh hi there. You obviously overrated some things.
We can approach via sliding sidestep. That means, we can slide right past a missile or two, and then punish your grab or shield your aerial. Samus can't wall as effectively against character with high mobility simply because we can get PAST the wall fast enough.

Falcon can control the pace of the match if he gets up close. Samus has a rhythm to her moves, and the beat is her short hops. Once the wall has been avoided, samus only has her sh'd aerials to defend herself, and falcon can answer them different ways.

Falcons recovery is trash.... lol bias. Falcon's recovery is insanely risky to gimp, due to falcon dive stage spiking most characters. Falcon dive has more vertical recovery and horizontal recovery than screw attack. Perhaps you should do your research before posting such stupid things? Samus's bomb jumping and zair let her have a better overall recovery than falcon, but you just come off biased saying falcon dive is trash.

BOOM, if samus upbs out of shield, and misses, its a free dsmash/fsmash! WHO WULD THINK IT? Besides, you can SDI the first hit and get out and drop a knee when falling back down on the still helpless samus. We ARE assuming you're playing a good falcon, right?

When my shield is weak, I tend to go to midrange, but yes, because samus has true combos she can shield pressure nicely with her cqc game. But thats not character specific, and you only need to shuair to thrwart the whole fair idea.

Lastly, I invite you to try and up b me when I'm dropping on you. Please, so I get a free dsmash when you miss. :|

GET OUT.
SERIOUSLY, YOU DO NOTHING TO HELP THE DISCUSSIONS BUT SAY STUPID AND IGNORANT THINGS THAT HAVE NO POINT.
Congratulations, samus has a sex kick. Wow. SHOCKER. When am I supposed to even BEGIN caring? How does that MATTER? Nair outranges it, uair outranges it, bair outranges it, and the knee trades blows.
Alt + F4 plz

And dryn, I'll cover your post later, I have to run off to work!!!!! *is late*
I agree with SOME things here.
and who cares, you get a screw attack.
your 0.01% of the way there to being able to kill falcon
but you are way out of line (istill<3you)

falcon doesnt deserve bottom of bottom no, but he IS NOT HORRIBLE
FALCON ISNT HORRIBLE
EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST BETTER
so in relevence, yes hes horrible
but he is not a bad character.

look, you make it seem like every ****ing falcon player just STANDS THERE
oh look, we powershielded.. i guess we have to stand here since powershield DOESNT TAKE LIKE 4 FRAMES, and WHAT THE HELL, YOU SAID "oh we can just shield his Dtilt and use ours"..........
and we cant?
just because we play falcon doesnt make us trash.
please stop being a ****
( i still <3 you)

and the whole UPB our Nair cancel.
i lol'd.

i dont know what falcon your playing, but if marth cant UpB out of it, you certainly cant.
before saying stuff you try out without knowing how to PROPERLY execute it,
maybe you should ask someone who might you know... know something about the character..
and the knee IS A SEX KICK
a SEX KICK is an attack which gets WEAKER THE LONGER IT IS OUT

wait...
doesnt the knee do that?

i love you
<3333

@knee
<3 u

I'll explain:

Zair space>projectiles
Zair space>smashes
Zair space>tilts
Zair space>aerials.

Again, this is xyro77 im just on my other account.

1. I guess i wasnt clear at first. Im not bashing falcon players or falcon him self. I play the same game you do and i attend events just the same as you. SO please dont think i am trying to be rude or bias towards ANY of you guys or my character, i can accept when my character is beat. I just feel she is FAR from a disadvantage in this fight.

2. Marth/Meta/wario's UP+B out of shield is very good and fast. So is samus's....thats not the point. Samus SUCKS you is slightly(alot more if it were melee). This IS the point im making. Its very hard to mess up UP+B out of shield if the falcon doesnt space because her UP+B sucks you in a little....marths/metas/warios doesnt.

3. The poster HIVE is actually a girl(i kid you not)

4. Again you fail to see why i mention falcon AND samus recovery. Falcon may have a decent recovery but im saying if you are off the stage, your dead(assume the samus is good). Zair travels SUPER far and all we need it to hit you once then just grab ledge and grab ledge hog 2-3 times and your dead. Or we can just fall off and shoot lock on missles and if that diddnt hit you we can just 2nd jump to zair than get on the stage. Off the stage you dead. Falcons UP+B is MEGA easy to tech.

5. 9 out of 10 samus mains who are SMART(key word) will pick stages like battle field or smashvill or pkmn 1 or a stage with platforms so that when we UP+B we can get out of our free-falling before you have a chance to attack. Oh and plz get real, unless you play samus ALOT, your not going to smash DI out of her UP+B. The first hit and towards the last 3 hits are pretty much the only time you can get out and punish.

6. Dont get me wrong, falcon CAN win this. But i still(and always) will believe samus has 65-35 advanatge. Heck ill even go with 60-40. It is NO WHERE near even (55-45 or 50-50).

7. I can tell you guys have played a SUPER good samus because you think powershielding is the answers to the projectiles..... we PLAN where are missles are going and we PLAN where the zair goes. its all for a purpose, we know you can powershield(its the NUMBER 1 thing we are afraid of) and we have ways to deal with it. We spam to weaken shields so that our d-tilts/uptilts/UP+B out fo shields.....ect work with high accuracy. Not to mention we have mix ups that people(aka falcons cant really deal with unless they play alot fo samus. Xyro combo(zair to dash grab) and missle grab(lock on missle hits shield to dash grab). We can double missle and triple missle in the air. Combine that with a zair or charge shot it creates a SICK wall. Trust me none of you have seen this....i promise.

8. Your sliding ground dodge, we have it too. the only thing we lack is a good roll. a samus should NEVER roll.

9. Putting pressure in samus face is a weakness of ours. But if its not spaced correctly, we got you. SO IN EFFECT, if you got in our faces with your attacks and hit with the tip of the perfectly, we could not beat you. SO think about that when playing samus......IF you play one. we are so few in number you may not see us the entire first year of brawl(i know i almost never see them).

10. I will admit this, your taunt is far better than ANY of samus's.

Zeallyx

Zair spacing can be handled. Sliding sidesteps, shielding, or rolling *HELL NO DON'T ROLL lol*, or staying low to force the samus to use lower zair's *falcon kick, crouching* and then jumping over the zair.

yes, but she can have 1 or 2 projectiles out and a Zair.

Its not a wall like you're making it out to be. It still is very strong, but the lagless thing is a bit different here, the lag cancels when she hits the ground. Meaning, if you avoid the zair as she goes up, you can approach her unopposed. If she zairs as she's coming back down, you can approach and shield the zair, putting you in close range combat, and you're both grounded to add on to that fact.

Samus can second jump too (after a Zair)

Its a matter of prediction, if the samus performs properly, she'll keep you at long range, and have the upper hand, while if the falcon shields properly, he'll be able to move in, and not have to deal with a storm of missiles too. While this does force falcon to approach, samus's midrange game is really ONLY ZAIR, if you can avoid it, you're on even ground at midrange.

all her projectiles are close/mid/and long range.

Tether recovery is just another option, and you can always falcon dive her as she snaps to the ledge. Actually, I'd recommend AGAINST it, but yeah it still is an option, as I see it screw attack is still FAR safer, since the hitbox can cancel out a few gimp options.

Yes screw attack is safer, but the tether is still something to keep in mind as an option for her.

The reason charge beam is a horrendous kill option is two sided:
1. Its pretty telegraphed. I know that its a fast shot, but alot of the time I can predict when it'll come out, but this is all mindgames. Its hard to follow up on, forcing it to be used as a string ender or a spacing trick/trap. Its no doubt a strong kill option, but that brings me to number 2...

It can hit you, and it can KO.

2. THE CHARGE TIME. You can't fire missiles or zair while charging. Meaning, you either charge while falcon's offstage and sacrifice a gimp option, charge during the match, sacrificing your zair/missile wall and allow falcon to rush in unopposed, or charge while falcon's dead. The only problem is getting falcon dead to begin with XD

yeah, after you are KO'd, she can charge. And a non charged charge beam is also something we have to deal with.

You don't want to be relying on charge beam as your main kill option, since you have to recharge it after every shot, and its not exactly the easiest move to follow up on. Its a string ender type move, which means its also easy to know when your opponent will be using it. Samus can't follow up on the move if it gets shielded too, meaning a bad shot can give falcon a free approach.

ehm..I agree one shouldn't rely on it too much, but it does have its uses, even uncharged.
and if you shield, she can grab you.

Fsmash is an OK kill option, barring the fact that it's pretty short ranged and has a long cooldown time. Dtilt is VERY fast, and usually a samus's main kill option, but it's also a great move overall, so keeping this move fresh is hard for samus players. On top of that, it has a long cooldown and is nowhere close to safe on shield.

All falcon's smashes have long cooldown and are never 'safe' to use.

Dsmash is a bad kill option. It kills at ridiculously HIGH percentages. And I speak from experience *lol hylian lol*. Utilt is another good kill option, it's kinda like OUR utilt. Almost.

Yes, but it can also be used to rack up damage. And as it can ko, it is still an option.

By the way, approaching doesn't automatically give your opponent the advantage. You don't have to commit to an attack when you approach, you only need to get in close enough to render samus's mid/long game useless. From there, you can work you way around and keep the momentum.

yes it does give your opponent the advantage.
even if you approach with a SHAD, it can be punished.

Samus still has an advantage, but her lack of killing power and the fact that falcon can work around her projectiles a bit better than some of the rest of the cast can give him an small edge to counter her superior zair and great offstage game.

Falcon can dodge her projectiles quite nicely, but it is what she can force you to do with her projectiles that makes this matchup alot harder.

I still hold my 55:45
Edit: samus favor you tards

Ok, but I dissagree. I still think it is 65-35, samus' favor.
As you cannot quote me due to me adding my replies to your quote, you can quote this line instead when you reply to my post.

and @ Tgm/Xyro:
what did my post had to do with what you wrote?

Zeallyx

i just realized i quoted you. i have no clue why. me sorry
Ah I see. No problem, I just thought maybe you forgot to say something in your post in respondse to my post.

But its all good ^_^

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace

1. I guess i wasnt clear at first. Im not bashing falcon players or falcon him self. I play the same game you do and i attend events just the same as you. SO please dont think i am trying to be rude or bias towards ANY of you guys or my character, i can accept when my character is beat. I just feel she is FAR from a disadvantage in this fight.

2. Marth/Meta/wario's UP+B out of shield is very good and fast. So is samus's....thats not the point. Samus SUCKS you is slightly(alot more if it were melee). This IS the point im making. Its very hard to mess up UP+B out of shield if the falcon doesnt space because her UP+B sucks you in a little....marths/metas/warios doesnt.

3. The poster HIVE is actually a girl(i kid you not)

4. Again you fail to see why i mention falcon AND samus recovery. Falcon may have a decent recovery but im saying if you are off the stage, your dead(assume the samus is good). Zair travels SUPER far and all we need it to hit you once then just grab ledge and grab ledge hog 2-3 times and your dead. Or we can just fall off and shoot lock on missles and if that diddnt hit you we can just 2nd jump to zair than get on the stage. Off the stage you dead.

5. 9 out of 10 samus mains who are SMART(key word) will pick stages like battle field or smashvill or pkmn 1 or a stage with platforms so that when we UP+B we can get out of our free-falling before you have a chance to attack. Oh and plz get real, unless you play samus ALOT, your not going to smash DI out of her UP+B. The first hit and towards the last 3 hits are pretty much the only time you can get out and punish.

6. Dont get me wrong, falcon CAN win this. But i still(and always) will believe samus has 65-35 advanatge. Heck ill even go with 60-40. It is NO WHERE near even (55-45 or 50-50).

7. I can tell you guys have played a SUPER good samus because you think powershielding is the answers to the projectiles..... we PLAN where are missles are going and we PLAN where the zair goes. its all for a purpose, we know you can powershield(its the NUMBER 1 thing we are afraid of) and we have ways to deal with it. We spam to weaken shields so that our d-tilts/uptilts/UP+B out fo shields.....ect work with high accuracy. Not to mention we have mix ups that people(aka falcons cant really deal with unless they play alot fo samus. Xyro combo(zair to dash grab) and missle grab(lock on missle hits shield to dash grab). We can double missle and triple missle in the air. Combine that with a zair or charge shot it creates a SICK wall. Trust me none of you have seen this....i promise.

8. Your sliding ground dodge, we have it too. the only thing we lack is a good roll. a samus should NEVER roll.

9. Putting pressure in samus face is a weakness of ours. But if its not spaced correctly, we got you. SO IN EFFECT, if you got in our faces with your attacks and hit with the tip of the perfectly, we could not beat you. SO think about that when playing samus......IF you play one. we are so few in number you may not see us the entire first year of brawl(i know i almost never see them).

Yay numbers!

1. You didn't have to use falcon's tier list ranking in a MATCHUP discussion. Tier ranking has no effect on matchups, any person who wants to participate in a deep metagame debate should know this. /push up glasses and snort
ok anyways dun uze teer leests and we be freends.

2. Yeah, but the point I'm making is that the hitbox for samus's screw attack is smaller than say, marth's or MK's. Their's reaches out and touches ya, for samus's you have to be pretty darned close.

3. LIEZ.
GIRLZ DON'T EXITS ON DESE INTERNETZ!
/sarcasm and meme

4. Assuming the falcon is good, we'll recover. Our recovery isn't slow, in my experience against samus players *I can't make a mental images so I'm falling back on past matches*, I haven't gotten gimped THAT often. I mean, samus still has a beastly spike, but thats no different than anybody else. I don't see how falcon would be any easier to spike :|

5. That's counterpicking game. If you REALLY want to get into something like this, note that I always ban BF when I'm using snake or falcon. I dun liek that stage. It doesn't really matter though, we're not discussing stage advantages, so theres no point in bringing up BF.

Oh and LOL AT DOUBLE STANDARD!
Falcons UP+B is MEGA easy to tech.
Oh and plz get real, unless you play samus ALOT, your not going to smash DI out of her UP+B
:|
So you have tech skill and we don't?

6. Ok... why did this need a number?

7. Uhh, I KNOW YOU DO. I've played good samus's, good ROB's, good snakes *I believe I am one /ego*, good Falco's, good tinks, and they all know what they want their projectiles to do. Samus has excellent shield pressure, it aids her projectile games and gives her poking abilities. But thats not the point, I'm aware of all of this as I review the matchup. Falcon still has a superb advantage when in close range, and an experienced falcon WILL keep his distance, knowing he has the better reach in CQC.

Xyro combo? I've seen Izaw, and Hyrulian Royalty both use that off of Link/tink's zair, and shadowth7 does it too. Only problem is that its not a very safe move *since you gotta be close to perform it*. I even STATED in my first post the things samus does if you shield, and how to counter it. I don't know why I have to repeat myself here. And yes, I've seen a samus projectile wall. You act as if I walked into this matchup blind. :|

8. I wholeheartedly agree XD

9. I actually covered an interesting aspect of samus, that being her shock factor. If you never have played a good samus before, there's a high chance you'll lose from not understanding how they play. But, if you even BOTHERED to read my first post, you'd see that I stated that I've played at the very least, 4 good samus players, 1 of which is an INCREDIBLE samus player, who can beat my snake. However, I also stated * in a later post* that I do just as well against him with falcon as I do with my snake. I've also played samus's offline, at TOURNEYS. Once again, you act as if I've walked into this matchup blind.

10. Show me ya moves!

Player-3

Smash Hero

6- you misinterpreted what i meant, i never said it was the asnwer to EVERYTHING, i just said that we CAN do it, you made it seem like we dont have any teching skills at all
and are you implying that samuses can do agaisnt falcons without playing many?
eh?

10-Come awn!

Hive

Smash Lord
@xyro- i see what you are saying, and at first i think it looks like samus' advantage 65-35... but i think if the captain falcon learns how to deal with spam well it has the capacity to go down to 60-40 or even 55-45...
i didn't mean to sound like powershielding was an end all solution to spamming, but it is one of the smartest things he can do to limit zair damage, if he realizes to limit damage instead of trying to avoid it all, and knows to approach between her shorthops. of course if he tries to double jump over them he's going to be hit with a rising zair, and upb, or my fave uair to fair to upb, or uair to homing missile... Samus fulljump to two homing missiles is good but only if samus has the distance to implement it... if she does it too close falcon can actually use the first one's height to go under the spam and attack samus from below, which he'll most likely have the advantage in. regular spams work awesom of course ^^, samus has amazing spacing, but when i think this spacing is broken captain falcon has better options short range... idk... I could be wrong, but i don't think captain falcon is too bad off against spams relatively, mostly bc of his speed, and his down b can go through missiles, he's not a fatty dk or ddd who's going to have a horrid time approaching... ^^

Crystanium

Smash Hero
[...]he's not a fatty dk or ddd who's going to have a horrid time approaching... ^^
DK can space real well, and King Dedede ***** Samus. Both of these characters are good at approaching. Captain Falcon simply doesn't have the best approach, and when Falcon has to approach, that's a problem. In this match, Samus doesn't even need to bother approaching Falcon. It's all, "If you can get to me, I'll fight you."

Top Bottom