• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Knee

Tik

Smash Rookie

Justice will be served!
It looks as Falcon is returning with his former glory (chest thrusting power included).

But what of the rest of his magnificent moveset, aside from the obvious Falcon Punch/Kick and Raptor Boost? Will they return with the same ferocity and might as they have had in the previous games?

I'm personally hoping that the KNEE OF JUSTICE is similar to it's melee counterpart. I would give anything for that amazing attack to return.

Beautiful.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Classic video to build up hype;

I think we ALL want the glory of the Melee knee to return.

Last edited:

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Faster start-up, a hitbox that doesn't end in a blink of an eye, and lower landing lag. These buffs put together will make it a thing to feared. and make him say "YESH!" everytime he lands one on someone.

Tik

Smash Rookie
and make him say "YESH!" everytime he lands one on someone.
I feel like this is actually a pretty big possibility, considering how often characters seem to speak/grunt compared to previous games.

Fox seemed to yell for a good portion of his attacks, let's hope Falcon will do the same.

FalconOwnage

Smash Apprentice
:4falcon: defeats :4lucina:, :4robinm:, AND Chrom.

Let's assume he used the knee on Chrom, but what happened to Lucina and Robin?

Uffe

Smash Hero
He'd better get his power back, and I mean all of what he had in Melee. The Knee without any Justice is unjustified.

Spoa

Smash Cadet
NNID
iSmashbro
3DS FC
2251-5709-7722
He's not the hero we deserve, but he's the one we get knee-d by

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
There really knee-ds to be a way to combo into the glorious Knee of Justice.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Every single one of Falcon's moves should be the knee of justice.

Uair? Upward Knee.
Dair? Downward Knee.
Bair? Backward Knee.
Stilt? Knee.
Jab? Knee. (and not the one that's already there).
Falcon Punch? Falcon Punch.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
The title says it all. It is high risk/reward. It has huge Landing lag frames (30+). However, most people are calling it bad, but the knee has almost always been used as a finisher, so that isn't much of a problem honestly.
I have questions that need answering:
Is the Knee buffed via sweetspot?
Can it be auto canncelled?

And to you:
What are your thoughts on the Knee of Justic this time around?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

Where did you get that the Knee Smash F-air has a 30 frame landing lag window in Sm4sh?

All of your questions are questions no one but Sakurai can answer or until the game is released & people are playing it to tell you. To answer them hypothetically, I'd say:
  • Hopefully, but in the picture above it doesn't necessarily show it has been buffed.
  • Assuming it returns, then yes if we buffer the ShortHop F-air input quick enough.
My thoughts: I'd like his Knee of Justicecream to be almost as cheesy as it was in Melee, yet with that kind of movement & mobility reduced to Brawl speed & now a mix of in-between Melee & Brawl, the fear factor of the Knee's presence won't be the same, though may be compensated with more launch power than Brawl's.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280

Where did you get that the Knee Smash F-air has a 30 frame landing lag window in Sm4sh?

All of your questions are questions no one but Sakurai can answer or until the game is released & people are playing it to tell you. To answer them hypothetically, I'd say:
  • Hopefully, but in the picture above it doesn't necessarily show it has been buffed.
  • Assuming it returns, then yes if we buffer the ShortHop F-air input quick enough.
My thoughts: I'd like his Knee of Justicecream to be almost as cheesy as it was in Melee, yet with that kind of movement & mobility reduced to Brawl speed & now a mix of in-between Melee & Brawl, the fear factor of the Knee's presence won't be the same, though may be compensated with more launch power than Brawl's.
there has been footage of the new Japanese Demo. That is where I am basing my info on. :)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The knee is landed 3 times throughout the one video we have, and each time it seems significantly better than its Brawl counterpart both with its hitbox and its power. So yeah, like you said, it's a risk=reward move now, which is a buff compared to its sluggish Brawl version which is too hard to land and gives very little reward for doing so. I'm fine with it, while I'll probably always love the Melee version the most I think it's a beyond cool finisher anyways.

Last edited:

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
The knee is landed 3 times throughout the one video we have, and each time it seems significantly better than its Brawl counterpart both with its hitbox and its power. So yeah, like you said, it's a risk=reward move now, which is a buff compared to its sluggish Brawl version which is too hard to land and gives very little reward for doing so. I'm fine with it, while I'll probably always love the Melee version the most I think it's a beyond cool finisher anyways.
I agree completely, I'm perfectly fine with it being more risky but at the same time more powerful. Perfect.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Give me a sec. I will find it. Although, not much is shown. I'll edit this post
EDIT: Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLYHN2bQtLo
Personally could not tell what knees he landed i nthe video because shaking / moving / out of focus filming. But his practice stage time before starting the battle did show his SH F-air input buffered does have landing lag & a fair amount of it too. Thanks for Posting that.:shades:

EDIT: I was able to see at least one moment of his Knee making contact. It looked so powerful I'm content.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Double Post
Yeah. I couldn't find the Gif of it, but Someone made a gif of the knee, counting its frames. I hope the sweetspot is biiger than brawls.

haha true. I think this mixed in with all of his other low land lag aerials will make him great

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm always content with reading a Full Hop approach with a challenge punish FH F-air. No big deal to me if I can't buffer the SH F-air input.:shades:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
That is some DISGUSTING landing lag. Hopefully it's high/risk reward and hopefully other characters don't feature this much lag.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
The Knee looks like it'll be more powerful and has a better hitbox than Brawl's. Hopefully Falcon will have some way to combo into it reliably, because if you whiff, it won't be pretty.

It looks like the same landing lag in Brawl. Hopefully, you can auto cancel in like in Brawl too. Believe or not, that weak hit had some great uses an can lead into a gentleman cancel. SH Fair>jab~jab>gentleman~jab cancel>grab>throw is a legit Brawl set up.

Honestly, I'm more curious to see of you can cancel his gentleman with another jab. That and his rapid jab finisher.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
It looks like the same landing lag in Brawl. Hopefully, you can auto cancel in like in Brawl too. Believe or not, that weak hit had some great uses an can lead into a gentleman cancel. SH Fair>jab~jab>gentleman~jab cancel>grab>throw is a legit Brawl set up.

Honestly, I'm more curious to see of you can cancel his gentleman with another jab. That and his rapid jab finisher.
Could have sworn CF's only legit combo in brawl was down throw into taunt?

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Brawl knee had 22 landing lag frames. It was at least partially safe against shields on characters with low range/traction like Luigi because of its massive pushback.

33/34 is a terrible number, but since he gets up all of a sudden when the landing lag ends, I hope there might be a few IASA frames.

Is it confirmed that SH Fair isn't autocanceled? The .gif just shows Falcon already airborne.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Brawl knee had 22 landing lag frames. It was at least partially safe against shields on characters with low range/traction like Luigi because of its massive pushback.

33/34 is a terrible number, but since he gets up all of a sudden when the landing lag ends, I hope there might be a few IASA frames.

Is it confirmed that SH Fair isn't autocanceled? The .gif just shows Falcon already airborne.
I have no idea. That is still one of my questions

Weeman

Smash Crusader
According to Zipzo, the knee is still really powerful, and it's easier to sweetspot, but as we know already it has really long landing lag.

Top Bottom