• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Vs Low Tiers

Lionman

Smash Champion
I have a Low tier online tourney today and im looking for advice, tips etc... for matches, my skill is good but i need to improve a lot, my oponents are:

- Lucas (Bit hard versus skilled players)
- Ness (Same than Lucas)
- Mario (Ok match)
- Pokemon Trainer (Never played)
- Samus (Easy match)
- Yoshi (No many experience but OK)
- Sonic (Easy but boring)
- Jigglypuff (Bit hard "Lol")
- Ganondorf (Skilled Ganon is a Hard match)
- Link (Smash spam lol)
- Cpt. Falcon (Party time)

bring me your power Falcons!

Edit: I won the tourney, videos will be post in another thread

Matt07

Smash Master
Well since I'm a Mario main I'll give you some advice.

Watch out for the cape, it'll screw your recovery, recovery really high, or really low, avoid the cape at all times if you can. FLUUD can also aid Mario in his 'gimping' abilities. Some Mario's like playing by the edge too 'gimp' therefor, using fireballs so you can approach him. Mario air priority is really good. Uair, for combo'ing d-air, and b-air approaches. Be ready to sheild grab him if they make mistakes. Try to stay on the ground, I'm assuming Falcon can outrange everyone of Mario's moves on the ground, so they'll be more focused on taking you in the air. Well that's my 2 cents anways, good luck at the tournament :).

I hope the Mario boards will forgive me :(.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I have a Low tier online tourney today and im looking for advice, tips etc... for matches, my skill is good but i need to improve a lot, my oponents are:

- Ness (Same than Lucas)
- Mario (Ok match)
- Samus (Easy match)
- Link (Smash spam lol)

Most Sonics suck so you don't have to worry about them.

If they're idiots, you can hold jab and stop all their approaches, which will comprise of grounded spindash, grounded spindash, and once in a while, running. If they spring, assume they'll use D-air in the direction they're facing, so be ready to camp a landing (it'll probably be lagless if they're a little higher than newb status). Once in a while they'll throw in an F-air or a running U-smash, but Usmash sucks if they miss so just be like lulzavoid+dashgrab.

Also, for up-b, there's a window of spacing that they're invincible (full hop above spring height) and a very small window where they're vulnerable, then they can airdodge. If they're too close to the edge when recovering, see if you can grab them out of spring. Don't jab, don't throw - just let go. I do it all the time to Sonics 4 the lulz.

Of course, none of this stuff applies to competent Sonic players. But you probably won't run into that.

Also, a good Samus is a pain in the butt.
Samus: lul good luck if she knows how to use missiles with Z-airs. Airdodge much. Also, D-air> _____ combos are painful. But you'll probably not run into any good Samus either.

PT:
Squirtle- don't get grabbed over 130%, less, if you're near the edge.
Ivy - don't get usmashed lol. Ivy F-smash has much priority. Watch out for N-air>bullet seed
Charizard - Watch for spikes, D-tilt, F-airs, smashes.

Link: Watch out for Rising Bomb(d-throw) > aerial, Z-airs, and sliding tilts and stuff. But again, you probably won't find any good Links.

Yoshi: Don't get pivotgrabbed. Avoid flat stages or you'll be set up for the edges for each grab. But again, you probably won't have to worry about this.

:laugh:

BS-ful hints.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
LMFAO.
This is the first thing I came on to when logging on today, and it's already made my day.
Unless by 'easy' match you're referring to 40:60 against, then you are absolutely full of fail.

Samus and Sonic are both 40:60, lol.

Close range game is vital against Samus. Close the gap, don't get spammed. Don't get zaired.

You die offstage against Sonic unless the Sonic is pants on head ********, and considering all your scrubby friends can't gimp, I guess you recover more often than not.
Sonic beats Falcon on the ground, and in approaching (not that he needs to approach, lol) you have to stick with getting Sonic in the air. Uair is pretty beast against Sonic, even though it can be sprung away from.

Good luck in your tourney anyway.

Tenki

Smash Hero
They are still relatively easy.

I ate dNES's Sonic with Falcon once.

of course, he 2stock-revenged me the next game, but I still did it.

Anyway, good low tier mainers are so rare that it doesn't warrant getting angry over. Give him tips to fight crappy ones because that's most likely what he's going to be up against.

Unless he asks for like, how to fight good ones.

@Matt07:
I tell people how to beat Sonic all the time.

I hate it when people are like "lol but _______ is bad against Sonic!" and I'm like, ...no, you just don't know how the matchup.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
You can kill Ganons recovery with a weak knee to uair when he is trying to recover. Just be careful for the ganoncide once he catches on to what you are doing. This also works on Link, since he probably has the worst horizontal recovery in the game.

You start the knee when you jump off the ledge hit the opponent while it is extended (weak knee) and then jump+ uair for the knockback and possibly win. Dont forget to recover :).

Mith_

Smash Champion
Mario will **** your face and make Falcon feel like a girl, imo. His FLUDD and his FUCK (Freakin Uber Cape Killer) are just ballbusters vs Falcon.

Yoshi may give you trouble too. His Nair and eggs are good edgeguarders, and he can chain grab to fair spike you.

Pokemon Trainer is pretty beastly too.

Wear a raincoat when you fight a Falcon ditto just incase your Wii explodes with manliness.

Low tier tourney sounds fun :D good luck.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Wear a raincoat when you fight a Falcon ditto just incase your Wii explodes with manliness.
roflmao

I was at a tourney last night, and we were playing friendlies afterwards.

One person chose Falcon, and when my friend also decided to choose Falcon, the wii froze up and started beeping.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Round 1

Vs Jiggly

No problems against him, good aproach and other thinks but his low range helped me to kill it

Smash Apprentice
- Lucas (Bit hard versus skilled players):
- Ness (Same than Lucas)
Just try to hunt them, you can't really do this bait-and-punish-thingy vs. those projectilewhores :(
Charizard and Squirtle can be a ****ing pain in the ***, but there's nothing special about them ;D
- Samus (Easy match)
Easy, as said
I hate yoshi, I always lose to him, but I don't know why xd
easy
Vs Ganon punishing works pretty well, just care for spike, it ****s you pretty early ;S
- Link (Smash spam lol)
All those ***gots with swords are a pain in the ***, even Link.
But once you got him off the stage he's pretty much dead.
Party time

Lionman

Smash Champion
Winner bracket finals

Great ganondorf but i won 3 matches in a row, my most problems was aproch and that stupid stomp

Now i have to face the looser bracket guy, i hope no lag and other stupid things

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman

- Ness (Same than Lucas)
- Mario (Ok match)
- Samus (Easy match)
- Link (Smash spam lol)

Lucas is a b word from time to time, usually his dsmash and usmash you know how you get roll happy sometimes and you roll into it. lol

Ness- I don't really see problem except his back throw my goodness it's strong.

Mario-Never played a good one

Pokemon Trainer- never played one except Cp lv 9

Samus- I don't know why but yeah samus is easy for falcon for some reason.

Yoshi- Well the things I watch for is his roll side b thats a b word. his downb thats a b word. Never really been gimped with his up B. All and all he has the slight advantage, barely though. Barely.

Sonic- Just me yes if you play a noob sonic then yes it's boring and very easy, then again if you play a excellent player then your at a run for you money or something like that. It can get tough and intense.

Jigg-Dk
Ganon-
Link-
Captain Falcon- Fun as heck, the best types of matches.
(These high tier players think there so good now, If falcon still had all he had in Melee this would be a different story. We can still have fun with it though.)

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Jab Link's bombs out of the sky. It confuses the hell out of them because they're not sure how to follow up. If it lands at your feet it will explode though.

Top Bottom