• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon tournament discussion.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Self explanatory, I'll start!

I just won Georgia's first smash wii u tourney! It had 28 entrants, most of Georgia's best smash 4 players were there, and a lot of matches got recorded (they should be on youtube within the week). Randomly seeded bracket, 2 stock matches.

I'll recount what I remember from my matches a bit.
Round 1: I completely destroy a villager/ike player, I kinda felt bad about it since it was his first time playing smash 4 (literally), but a win's a win, we take those.
Round 2: I can't remember what characters he played, but it was another blowout.
Round 3: I fight one of GA's best players, Neos, a Rosaluma main, I feel like I played really well, and I ultimately double 2-stocked him.
Round 4: I fight another of GA's best players, Scatt, a Megaman/Metaknight/Sanic player, this was very close, but I clutch out both games against the Super Fighting Robot.
Round 5: Winner's finals against a solid Toon Link player whose tag I can't currently remember, the randomly seeded bracket put all the heavyhitters on my side of the bracket, so he kinda got an easy ride to the end, it wasn't really close if I remember correctly, not a blowout either though.
Grand Finals: Scatt's Megaman makes it all the way back, and our GF set was a lot like our Winner's Semis set, pretty close, but I clutch out both games.
I ultimately 2-0ed everyone, playing smash 4 Falcon with a GC controller felt pretty amazing, and I really look forward to sharing the vids of the event with you guys. Falcon is love, Falcon is life.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Self explanatory, I'll start!

I just won Georgia's first smash wii u tourney! It had 28 entrants, most of Georgia's best smash 4 players were there, and a lot of matches got recorded (they should be on youtube within the week). Randomly seeded bracket, 2 stock matches.

I'll recount what I remember from my matches a bit.
Round 1: I completely destroy a villager/ike player, I kinda felt bad about it since it was his first time playing smash 4 (literally), but a win's a win, we take those.
Round 2: I can't remember what characters he played, but it was another blowout.
Round 3: I fight one of GA's best players, Neos, a Rosaluma main, I feel like I played really well, and I ultimately double 2-stocked him.
Round 4: I fight another of GA's best players, Scatt, a Megaman/Metaknight/Sanic player, this was very close, but I clutch out both games against the Super Fighting Robot.
Round 5: Winner's finals against a solid Toon Link player whose tag I can't currently remember, the randomly seeded bracket put all the heavyhitters on my side of the bracket, so he kinda got an easy ride to the end, it wasn't really close if I remember correctly, not a blowout either though.
Grand Finals: Scatt's Megaman makes it all the way back, and our GF set was a lot like our Winner's Semis set, pretty close, but I clutch out both games.
I ultimately 2-0ed everyone, playing smash 4 Falcon with a GC controller felt pretty amazing, and I really look forward to sharing the vids of the event with you guys. Falcon is love, Falcon is life.
Congratulations on your win.

D

Deleted member

Can't wait to play him in Smash 4 man, it's going to amazing.

I can't wait to study the living **** out of your videos.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Falcon with the gc controller is great. Just got 4th at my regions first Smash4 WiiU tournament with 50+ players.

D

Deleted member

Falcon with the gc controller is great. Just got 4th at my regions first Smash4 WiiU tournament with 50+ players.
Good. I can't wait until we see this incarnation of Falcon regain a top 8 spot on the tier list. It's crazy how viable Falcon is in SSB4 compared to Brawl.

Stafy

Smash Journeyman
Gonna be trying to hit some tournaments as soon as I get into my winter break and see what's up. Hopefully there's some nice stuff near the bay, but I'm pretty good on cash to drive down to Socal.

Last edited:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Good. I can't wait until we see this incarnation of Falcon regain a top 8 spot on the tier list. It's crazy how viable Falcon is in SSB4 compared to Brawl.
raptor boost killing at 100-110%, throws leading to aerials, etc

falcon is hella good

Xnpio

Smash Cadet
Happy to see Captain Falcon getting some love.

I just won the first Wii U tournament in Eastern Washington (Black Wolf Gamers Club) going all Falcon. 1st of I think 49?

Was live streamed at www.twitch.tv/Breadnbuttergames

vods will be uploaded to YouTube within the week. Matches to be uploaded will include me vs Little Mac, Rosalina, ROB, Lucario, Duck Hunt, Falcon, and Yoshi!

Ven158

Smash Rookie
Happy to see Captain Falcon getting some love.

I just won the first Wii U tournament in Eastern Washington (Black Wolf Gamers Club) going all Falcon. 1st of I think 49?

Was live streamed at -snip-

vods will be uploaded to YouTube within the week. Matches to be uploaded will include me vs Little Mac, Rosalina, ROB, Lucario, Duck Hunt, Falcon, and Yoshi!
Wow, Small world.
Unfortunately I couldn't make it to BWGC's tournament since I was already signed up for another one on the other side of the town.

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Aw yeah man. I can't wait to use the Gamecube controller either! I like Sm4sh3D, sure, but my fingers have gotten used to both setups anyway...

By the way, I've won 2 Sm4sh3D tournaments so far (one of them had lots of entrants but none of my challengers were really good... also, first rounds were 4 player FFA with items hurrrr) and this Thursday and Saturday there're going to be more, but for Sm4shU. Wish me luck!

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
tfw I will never be the best Captain Falcon in Georgia.

Gratz, Fatality. I'll have to make it out to the next one so I can be among the people you body and forget.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Falcon is awesome in this game. I love it, so so so much. I think as more players show up for him he'll place pretty consistently. I'd like more chars to even out the inevitable influx of Diddy.

Last edited:

Xnpio

Smash Cadet
Wow, Small world.
Unfortunately I couldn't make it to BWGC's tournament since I was already signed up for another one on the other side of the town.
Oh, awesome! :) Did you go to the Game World tournament? Also are you in the Eastern Washington Super Smash Bros Facebook group?

Ven158

Smash Rookie
Oh, awesome! :) Did you go to the Game World tournament? Also are you in the Eastern Washington Super Smash Bros Facebook group?
Yeah I went to the Game World Tournament. I came in 5th place. I was Extremely Nervous.
No, I'm not in the Eastern Washington Smash Bros Facebook group.

Xnpio

Smash Cadet
Yeah I went to the Game World Tournament. I came in 5th place. I was Extremely Nervous.
No, I'm not in the Eastern Washington Smash Bros Facebook group.
That's cool! Nerves definitely prey on every competitive player from time to time lol. You'll get used to it. ;p if you have a facebook, you should join!

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
I won another tournament last night, was kinda small since wednesday, so only 16 entrants.
I got a free win round 1, since my opponent preregistered, but showed up late.
Round 2 I fought Flea, a pretty solid TL/Diddy player, game 1 against his TL wasn't that close, but game 2 on fd against his Diddy was, I close it out regardless.
Winner's Semis I fight a very strong Villager who takes me to game 3, I close it out with a Bair when we're both at last stock high damage.
Winner's Finals against Scatt's Metaknight was extremely tough, I get outplayed, and he 2-0es me.
Loser's Finals against Dyno's Sheik, his neutral game was a lot more on point than mine, but my strong punish game pulls me through 2 close games.
Grand Finals against Scatt's Metaknight was a doozy, he was very solidly beating me with his MK in general, so I had to do a lot of adapting to win. All 3 games of set 1 were extremely close, but I clutch it out, and we're on to a bracket reset. Set 2 was also very close, but I felt generally in control of things, and I win the tournament's last set 2-1.

Videos from the event should be up in a few days, and I've got another tournament at that place tomorrow, yay!

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Congrats! :D I also won one a few hours ago. I'm beat! No replays were recorded, though :( There was a really good Marth but he's too used to Brawl... heh.

At least I won this ^_^

Now I only need a Wii U, heh...

D

Deleted member

Congrats! :D I also won one a few hours ago. I'm beat! No replays were recorded, though :( There was a really good Marth but he's too used to Brawl... heh.

At least I won this ^_^

Now I only need a Wii U, heh...
Very lucky man. I'm having trouble getting Smash 4 myself :(

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I won that one last Thursday and now I just won the most wacky/insane tournament(?) ever.

Rules were:
- 8 player smash FFA;
- 4 stocks;
- Items on, VERY HIGH;
- In 2 rounds of 8 player smash, the best 4 players (put together) move forward in the tournament;
- Round 1 was in the Mario Galaxy stage, round 2 was in the Sonic Lost World stage;
- Finals were one single round, every player starts with 8 stocks. Last man standing wins the prize;

I only won because camping running camping running stalling on the respawn platform running jumping, haha. Falcon is actually great for this "survive if you can!" style of game, since he's so fast and heavy.

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
Man, now I wanna fight all these people. Need to test out mah FACLON SKILLZ. Does anyone want to fight? Also, congrats on winning your tourneys, the only tourney I've been able to do was at my college, and I burned through it with Falcon and Jiggly. Won a Yoshi figurine. Woo

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Since he didn't post here, I'll post for him: @ Lionman Lionman came first in the Gamergy 2014 tournament, in Madrid, lotsa players there, so big win for Falcon too.

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
its fun to get style points at tourneys with the cap :]

FoxMcClown

Smash Rookie
Gratz on your nice work. This thread is nice and i agree with most people here, finally the captain is back on track after the brawl nightmare. He has so many kill moves now and hes on top of the game in the air. He even has more options on the ground now, even if it remains his weakness. Plus hes always king of style, even when he sucked.

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
Honestly, I'd just love to turn this thread into a Captain Falcon Practice thread. Just have people go head-to-head, showing their moves as one of the best. I'd love to fight the people who've won larger tourneys, I haven't had much chance to do them myself, and I want to get better.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Stopping by to say I'm a huge fan of your C.Falcon Fatality. Wonderful movement, overwhelming offense, and some great frame traps as well. I don't have the game yet, but your tournament footage was all I needed to see to want to pick up a WiiU and Smash.

Keep up the good work. Don't lose, and I'll be back.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Stopping by to say I'm a huge fan of your C.Falcon Fatality. Wonderful movement, overwhelming offense, and some great frame traps as well. I don't have the game yet, but your tournament footage was all I needed to see to want to pick up a WiiU and Smash.

Keep up the good work. Don't lose, and I'll be back.
Thanks :) I want to be the world's best Smash 4 Falcon, and every little boost of encouragement helps more than you'll ever know, making me more inspired than ever to push myself, this character, and this game to the the limits.

I also won another tournament yesterday, it's safe to say I've secured the title of Georgia's best Smash 4 player now.
It was a 32 man event, and this amazing Palutena somehow made grand finals, and almost reset the bracket too, just about gave me a heart attack. Sadly, I don't think any of it was recorded, but I know there was lots of footage recorded from the event's 40 man PM tournament, which I also won.

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
Hey Fatality, you should upload some of your Falcon skills to your channel, some people might want to see how good your Sm4sh skills are

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
He has posted some vids to the thread pertaining to that very same thing :) he wants to be the very best, huh? Not if the rest of the entire board has something to say against it, haha.

(I'd KILL to see a match between @ Lionman Lionman and @ -Fatality- -Fatality- )

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
He has posted some vids to the thread pertaining to that very same thing :) he wants to be the very best, huh? Not if the rest of the entire board has something to say against it, haha.

(I'd KILL to see a match between @ Lionman Lionman and @ -Fatality- -Fatality- )
Aw yeah, I want the title of best Falcon to be decided in a dogfight, if we all make life hard for each other, we'll all emerge more powerful, and more stylish than ever before. I'm trying to go to Apex, want to have an epic exhibition match there @ Lionman Lionman ?

Hey Fatality, you should upload some of your Falcon skills to your channel, some people might want to see how good your Sm4sh skills are
Sadly, I don't have a way to record matches on Wii U, but there are plenty of vids of me from other people's recording setups that I've shared with the Falcon vids thread. afaik, I've shared every video of me released thus far to the public.

Top Bottom