• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon or Ganondorf? You be da judge

SmashGod17

Smash Cadet
Falcon has been way too nerfed for brawl...all of his moves do like 3%-7% and his aireals now suck...
i cant use the knee for combos either...

CF also almost has no kill moves and has almost as much lag as gannon.

murder choke >raptor boost because it is a grab...you cant sheild it...

CF basically has all sorts of weak moves that NEVER hit... Usmash is useless...no chain grabs... and the falcon punch DOSENT KILL AT 70% wtf?

Gannon is the new captain falcon...
I can chain-throw with Falcon's D-Throw, and I find his aerials to be rather pwnsome. Also, dash-canceling with Falcon's U-Smash propels him along the ground and allows him to hit the opponent with it (it's kinda like a pseudo-wavedash). And the Knee is great for comboing, I think.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What's this I hear about CF's jump being bad!?!? His jumping is PERFECT for his size. He has good horizontal air movement too. Plus he's a fast faller and I love a fast faller, makes for some good pseudo L-canceling. That would explain why I also use Fox and Sheik.

I think some of you don't use CF enough.
Falcon has a TERRIBLE jump. You can't hit with anything on the way up except a D-air, which has no duration and no priority.

However, he can't ... really combo too often. I like the D-air combo as well, but honestly, it's near impossible to catch someone familiar with Ganondorf with that move. Too much damage and it will send too high for Ganondorf to catch up with even a U-air. Too much D-air and stale move effect will take its toll and reduce hitstun considerably. etc.
Nobody can combo often. =P

What you can do is D-air OOS against something semi-laggy, and THEN start comboing.

Also don't forget the Flame choke combos, which are really easy to land, and get a free 22% on over half the cast each time they land.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think in the actual matchup Falcon has SLIGHT advantage against Ganondorf.

Ganondorf however is overall better.

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
I think Captain Falcon. I used to use Ganandorf but then I realised they have the exact same moves.:psycho: But CF is better cuz he is faster, and in my opinion, has a better final smash. Also, his Falcon Punch doesn't have as much start up lag as Warlock Punch. (Well, I think so. I would play my friend (who was using Ganan) with CF and we would do our punches at the same time but I would hit him first.:chuckle:

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, Of EVERY time I've played a Ganon, I've only lost once with Falcon.

I really think its all about play style, Ganon does though, have the advantage w. matchups.

SmashGod17

Smash Cadet
Since Ganon has a large frame, wouldn't that make him more sesceptible to Knees than the average character? Factor that in with Falcon's great overall speed, I'd say Falcon has the edge.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I think Captain Falcon. I used to use Ganandorf but then I realised they have the exact same moves.:psycho: But CF is better cuz he is faster, and in my opinion, has a better final smash. Also, his Falcon Punch doesn't have as much start up lag as Warlock Punch. (Well, I think so. I would play my friend (who was using Ganan) with CF and we would do our punches at the same time but I would hit him first.:chuckle:
The warlock punch takes 1.5 seconds. That's a little slower than Melee falcon punch. Brawl Falcon punch is about 1 second. And, yes, Falcon has the edge since large characters are usually better opponents for him to take on.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
That comment is so wrong I almost have no idea where to start...

His aerials do not suck. Have you been on something or does your air game just like suck?

Raptor boost can spike. It can also be used in other ways if you know what you're doing with it. Oh, a running grab. Neat. Wait, its easy to dodge? Never mind.
Why the hell would you use raptor boost to spike!? *airdodge ->death.
Knee, USmash, DSmash, Fsmash, Paunch, should I go on? You need to learn how to use them. Talk to Sonic players about lack of kill moves. His lag is bad though, no argument there.That is exactly what makes them bad.

I forgot how chain grabs make you a better player. Complaining about lack of it is basically showing you can't live without em. And his moves do hit, just because he isn't MK doesn't mean he can't hit with them. Mind games. And I've killed with the paunch at lower percentages. Do you even KNOW how to play C Falcon?
Do you?before you flame like that you need to know where you stand... and MK is overated! and mind games is the dumbest excuse ever "oh gee every char can win if you just use mindgames!"...what are mind games too you!? (btw i kneed a shuttle loop:chuckle:)
Falcon Punch is weaker at the tip, that's probably your problem.
yes it was... acctually

there i made my point...

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
^ Not really. If your dumb on your positioning it does mean death but its not like your jumping off stage and Raptor Boosting, thats what DAir is for. Its best used when both you and your enemy are mid-air (which is rare I know) to get a quick spike or when recovering to get an unexpected spike on them from time to time.

Where I stand? XFD If you try putting up join date and post count I will laugh. Seriously. If your talking about my C Falcon it isn't the best but by the way you ***** about this things it seems better than yours especially whining about mainly non-problems.
And of course MK is. But he is made in a way to he can hit with his moves more often than not (see MKs Tornado) And gratz. Knee'ing a Shuttle loop isn't that hard though you just have to get the timing which more often than not is predictable. And did I say you can win every game with Mind games? I didn't. But you need to use a NON PREDICTABLE game to win with C Falcon and switch up you game to confuse your opponent. C Falcon is easily punished with his long lag from his moves.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
^ Not really. If your dumb on your positioning it does mean death but its not like your jumping off stage and Raptor Boosting, thats what DAir is for. Its best used when both you and your enemy are mid-air (which is rare I know) to get a quick spike or when recovering to get an unexpected spike on them from time to time.

Where I stand? XFD If you try putting up join date and post count I will laugh. Seriously. If your talking about my C Falcon it isn't the best but by the way you ***** about this things it seems better than yours especially whining about mainly non-problems.
And of course MK is. But he is made in a way to he can hit with his moves more often than not (see MKs Tornado) And gratz. Knee'ing a Shuttle loop isn't that hard though you just have to get the timing which more often than not is predictable. And did I say you can win every game with Mind games? I didn't. But you need to use a NON PREDICTABLE game to win with C Falcon and switch up you game to confuse your opponent. C Falcon is easily punished with his long lag from his moves.
^that post makes more sense.....

btw the knee was over wifi which made it special...then again... MK sucks over wifi sometimes and it was a bad timed shuttle loop...

Top Bottom