• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon is the PENULTIMATE partner.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
This works on Captain Falcon, too!

However, his dash isn't as fast, but he won't kill himself if there's a walk off edge and he has enough room, like on Eldin Bridge. He also finishes his punch before his slide ends, so I'm about to see if he can attack out of it. I'll update this in a few minutes.

Edit: He slides all the way across the visible portion of Bridge of Eldin if there's no edge to stop him.

The hitbox for Falcon stays out for a little less than the length of the blue diamond in the center of FD. in terms of his sliding.

It doesn't work on a normal Falcon Punch... or an Aerial Falcon/Reverse Falcon Punch. ;=;

Tenki

Smash Hero
...except it was originally found for Captain Falcon however long ago.

I don't know if it's the same for Falcon (I tried it with Ganondorf), but I don't think the actual punch attackbox lasts for the duration of the slide. I practiced trying to hit a lv 3 pit with it on FD and didn't hit past 1/2 of the level.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
...except it was originally found for Captain Falcon however long ago.

I don't know if it's the same for Falcon (I tried it with Ganondorf), but I don't think the actual punch attackbox lasts for the duration of the slide. I practiced trying to hit a lv 3 pit with it on FD and didn't hit past 1/2 of the level.
It doesn't work for the duration of the slide for some reason. I've tried it multiple times. D:

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I wonder how well jab-comboing (or whatever you call just a-combos) out of the slide would work? Would the opponent end up getting pushed along in the combo? It seems like that might be a decent way to get the opponent off the edge!

Also, doesn't penultimate mean second-to-last?

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
I think it's better to just have a Squirtle water gun you across the stage while you wind up a punch, I've done it with Baka at a tourney, and its freakin hilarious to see happen. GG

viewtiful_jon

Smash Apprentice
I think it's better to just have a Squirtle water gun you across the stage while you wind up a punch, I've done it with Baka at a tourney, and its freakin hilarious to see happen. GG
That sounds hilarious. Is there a vid of you doing that successfully in tourney in the Falcon vid thread?

Top Bottom