• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Douglas Jay Falcon

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Falcon is bad against roy, imo.
(till he learns to CC everything)
i do not play roy...
but if i'm playing a falcon who beats my peach.

i go FD.
they stay falcon (falcons love FD lol).
i go roy.
they go, "wtf?"...
and the rest is fun as balls.

anyone else think this is a good idea?

LSDX

Wah!
"?" at you mentioning not playing Roy, yet, saying you'd counterpick with him. :?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I actually played against scar at event 52 and I also went roy. too bad he knew how to CC.... I got ***** first game

Scar

#HarveyDent
you'll **** bad falcons but peach can CG on FD from 0-80ish, it should be your counterpick anyways IMO

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well i'm realizing how bad i am at melee lately.
me peach doesn't space well enough to get grabs on falcon.
i know to cg him or uthrow dash attack to regrab,
but over all, i'm scared of falcons. i don't know how to punish their approach.

and roy isn't something that would work against a falcon who's actually better than me.
in reality, i'd go marth or fox in that scenario. but i do think roy does good against falcon. idk haha

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
If the Falcon was better than you, you should probably go Fox, not Marth, especially on Final Destination.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
If the Falcon was better than you, you should probably go Fox, not Marth, especially on Final Destination.
i know that the falcon match up is a lot better for fox than for marth, but i think my marth is better overall. my fox is only better at that match up on yoshi's or FoD.

p.s. i'm not that good. my fox is pretty inconsistent when it comes to tech skill...
and for some reason i'm a lot better with fox on smaller stages with plats close together.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well you should work on your Fox then =P Because small stages with platforms is where Marth plays.

Tech skill honestly isn't as hard with Fox as you would think, unless you're doing that Silent Wolf stuff. I mean... it's really just waveshines and shinegrabs. Maybe consistent shorthopping? I dunno the rest are just perks and aren't completely necessary.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
marth is by far my worst fox match up. haha
but that's because idk how to edge guard him too well and marf can edge guard foxes with ease imo

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Lightshield edgehog or ledgehop bairs. Tada.

And yeah, Marth kills Fox on the edgeguard =( I played Fox against Taj's Marth once and the match was exactly fifty seconds long.

Top Bottom