• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Captain Douglas Falcon::.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Basically, you can learn how to play falcon but it takes forever to master falcon.

also, am i the only person who sometimes edgegaurds with falcon punch?

i mean, i don't do it all the time, but if i'm winning and or bored...

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Ikr.

Like he will do a second jump uair and then gave plenty of room to upb, but instead does a falcon punch which misses completely 100% of the time.

When nantes gets srs hes pretty good, when hes not/high hes all jokes.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
what I like the most for e.g. with Falcon is a FSmash or a Dtilt(if not against a good DI user) in that case I go off stage to kill him.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Or he ledge DI's and then proceeds to **** you with his upb due to the dtilt's slow cooldown time.

Unless you're playing ness of course.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
hey man I max out my range on my keyboard and then plug in another keyboard just for DI purposes. 2 keyboards worth of DI, hells yeah.

rando

Smash Rookie
Are there any guides for falcon combos? I am not very good but would like to learn. The only thing I can do fairly consistently is the forward throw into the Up+B move. What's the best combo?

Also what is "DI" and "Dtilt" I keep seeing these places and don't know what they mean

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Are there any guides for falcon combos? I am not very good but would like to learn. The only thing I can do fairly consistently is the forward throw into the Up+B move. What's the best combo?

Also what is "DI" and "Dtilt" I keep seeing these places and don't know what they mean
DI = Directional Influence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEfODQB_88Y

Dtilt is when you slightly hold your stck down and then press A...
is the move you make in an spesific direction without smashing.
but anyway there're some topics here explaining those things.

Also for a Falcon's basic combo, take a look at the last combo of this vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETXpOymo4bY

ballin4life

Smash Hero

Read the smash index thread for explanations of the lingo.

Use fthrow, usmash, and uair -> upB

Once you have that down, you can move on to more advanced stuff (nairs/fairs)

Watch videos of good players too

rando

Smash Rookie
Consistently I can do fthrow then dash to up+b. I can also do fthrow, then dash, then uair, then up+b. A couple of times I was able to do fthrow, then dash, then uair, uair, then up+b which was pretty cool. It's hard though because it requires a double jump and most of the time I just jump above them. Also, after the first set (even if it's just a fthrow to up+b) they bounce too high from the fthrow to do anything. I try and jump after them to do the combo but kirby's drillkick seems to hit me no matter what. It seems to have pretty great priority over most moves.

Also in that video, falcon seems to be able to do multiple uairs without jumping very high. How is that done?

rando

Smash Rookie
When you're falcon playing against kirby and kirby keeps short hop drilling, what do you do? I thought that I could have the shield up (Z) and then grab right after (A) but even with the quick grab, I guess there's shield stun or something so kirby always gets to grab first.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Don't get drilled lol...

SH B-Air a bunch, at worst you'll clash and you'll generally outrange and whack him. Alternatively predict it and full hop D-Air > techchase grab or something.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
dash dance like crazy until he misses an approach and punish.

I would not suggest a bair, just in case he also bairs, which he will probably win. Bair is safest no doubt though

rando

Smash Rookie
I imagine it would have to be a shorthop bair otherwise I would just be jumping over him.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
dash dance like crazy until he misses an approach and punish.

I would not suggest a bair, just in case he also bairs, which he will probably win. Bair is safest no doubt though
I had to read that last paragraph twice in order to get that. xD
but yea, bair... or else pick Fox or pika. :p

Meno5000

Smash Rookie
For any CF kkeyboard users,
Any advice on doing uair without screwing up by jumping consistently to do uair chains? This is really hard >_>.
I would really like to be a decent player with cf but I cant even do basic combos :(.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
You mean you screw up because you do a second jump in midair?
If that's the case just buffer. While doing the first Uair keep holding the Up key and then just press A again to do a second uair without the jump.

But I may of gotten confused by your question and misunderstood you :/

B Link

Smash Lord
SO I am now pretty sure that you can only do a maximum of 8 "consecutive upBs" against a CPU on hyrule.

By consecutive upBs I mean knocking a lev9 CPU falcon off the stage and then using upB to knock him off the tall walls of either the left or right side of hyrule, and then when the CPU does his 2nd jump, you do another upB.

Here's my method, maybe there's a better one that can hit 9???:

1. Stand on the most right edge of hyrule
2. Wait for CPU to come
3. Backthrow CPU (at 0%, turn your shield on and off so it upB's right in front of you)
4. SH reverse Uair the CPU
5. When it jumps and misses the ledge, do your 1st upB off the wall
6. CPU jumps, you have to fastfall to catch the next upB, you'll be pretty low for now, but you'll get higher and should constantly move backwards after each one
7. Continue until you get your 8th one, after that the CPU will be too high to do another one
Should end at 155% if done correctly (normal settings)
Turn stocks to 99 so that you can keep trying when you mess up

I'll post a video soon maybe

EDIT: nevermind I just did 9, the ninth one hit off the green house though, 172%, wonder if you can do 10

Sangoku

Smash Master
Can an f-throw to falcon punch actually connect? I've tried against another falcon from ~40 to ~70 percent and it never connects =/.

Top Bottom