• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Captain Douglas Falcon::.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
well i think its more that the dash makes the taunt OP. those super fast taunt cancels are tough to counter.

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry I couldn't be bothered reading through all of this, does some one recommend any combos to practice or something to practice with him when i'm not getting 5 stocked online.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'm sorry I couldn't be bothered reading through all of this, does some one recommend any combos to practice or something to practice with him when i'm not getting 5 stocked online.
Usmash/Dthrow -> Uair(x) -> up+b/Dair

Let x be any integer between 1 and 10, essentially

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Usmash/Dthrow fthrow -> Uair(x) -> up+b/Dair

Let x be any integer between 1 and 10, essentially
you nub

but essentially do the combo that was mentioned above, reallyfastcar, until it is is easy. might be easier to practice that on heavy characters like falcon, or DK for maximum easiness given his large size

if not tell me whoever is 5 stocking you on the server and i'll go and throttle them for you, and slap them in the face for not going easier on newbies

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
truetears is the WORST person you could play against, as he uses macros (cheating) to escape from combos. i suggest playing people like rom or even jasper, as weird as jasper is, as he is is relatively close to your skill level

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
O really I just thought he was really good at getting out of combos, he has helped me improve like crazy.
I jjust got nothing to practice anymore. So Iwas after some new moves

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
Are there certain combos which require a "joystick jump" over a "C button Jump" I just cant seem to get high enough and pull off the move quick enough with "C"

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure it just seems "C" does not give me the same height from certain videos.
Do the top players incorporate joystick jumps in also?

SSBPete

Smash Lord
yupp! often you'll need to stick jump to get that little extra height for falcon to continue an uair chain

top players use it every now and then. it all depends on the situation.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Looks like it. You need all the height you can get when doing combos to the top of the tent and in that situation it's just easier to jam the up-direction and then press A, instead of jumping with the C-button and trying to do a u-air without double jumping.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Since Falcon is my fave right now, I figured I'd ask this here.... I always find myself caught in a chain of upsmash! (which seems to be a favorite thing among people like MATTS!) How do I get out of those? They make me wanna rage!

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
Don't get hit

For me 99% of the time I find it difficult to get out of one

So I try to avoid the problem from the start

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm guessing you mean Kirby's utilt? You probably won't get out but you can DI up to maybe reduce the number of utilts you suffer by like one

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
If you get caught at low percents on ground level, you can try DIing down to catch a tech, but be careful, if you can't pull it off, you'll be caught in even more hits...

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah I wouldn't recommend that cause of the risk you mentioned, plus Kirby's utilt is fast so they can probably prevent that from happening, and it's not hard to hold up and press the A button

Battlecow

Play to Win
Strong DI away from Kirby can get you out after 1 or 2 if you're at 0 and already pretty far away. Make sure you're ready because it's easy to miss that tech and get eaten up anyways.

:phone:

Olikus

Smash Champion
I just give up on DIing if I get caught by kirbys utilt. Some pain you gotta take like a man.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
haven't people's hori's been destroyed from DI too? I thought bcow said his fell apart real quick.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
no joystick is invincible

i would just be crestfallen if my hori crapped out

i'm okay if my N64 controller fails because it's expected to

Top Bottom