• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

capt. falcon instant edge hug!!!!!!!☺

whitey whitey14

Smash Rookie
sorry if this is already discovered, but i was looking for a way to not fall off when using capt. falcon's raptor boost and i found out that if your a certain distance away from the stage then raptor boost off the edge then DI you will grab the edge. So i was thinking this would be a great way to edge hug instantly.

P.S. this also works with ganondorf, and i will try to get video soon.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
i already posted that you can edge hog with the raptor boost, but in your method, you need to be at a distance, in my method, you can do it anytime, just raptor boost off the stage, and do a quarter circle back on the control stick (its a fast fall plus DI towards the stage in case you don't know)

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
yeah it's been discovered long ago, it's when you run off the stage DI back wards the raptor boost to the stage, it looks like hugging but hadukening is better

whitey whitey14

Smash Rookie
why do you need to say its stupid JonaDiaper? plus i have been looking at this website for like months. i just finally made a user, so i am not really a noob.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
I'ts not stupid, if you time it right, you can spike somebody who gets in the way of the raptor boost, this isn't just for grabbing the edge....

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
its stupid cuz it is. boost from the stage to edge hog. learn the hadoken and youll see how stupid it really is.
There are some cosmological theories,developed from the mathematics of quantum mechanics,that posit an infinite number of alternate universes,covering all possibilities.Every possible outcome of every event,everything we can imagine,and uncountable googleplexes of universes more strange and wonderful than we can imagine. To think,that somewhere out there in that infinite sea of realized possibilities there exists a world where your posts were actually a useful comment.

or matter of fact GTFO.;)

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Raptor Boost off the edge and grabbing it was already discovered, which means you need to read more before you post.
Due to operator error (aka screwing up) and the time it takes to do the move, it is a very dumb way to edgehog, since with the hadoken you can recover if you don't get it right and you can do it on a lot shorter notice.
Throw it under useless techs....

Top Bottom