• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Cape used in Singles match! (Versus MK)

bobson

Smash Lord
What's with the title?
Or is this another case of that annoying mod who thinks having "****" in a thread title in absolutely no offensive context is offensive?

Edit: Last edited by Virgilijus; 06-20-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Nevermind.

Matt07

Smash Master
I'm not trying to be ignorant but Cape Teleport timing is too hard. You have to be frame perfect to pull it off, don't you?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
WTF!!? Amazing

That' so true, the announcer calls GAME before Metaknight is even off the screen...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm not trying to be ignorant but Cape Teleport timing is too hard. You have to be frame perfect to pull it off, don't you?
You don't have to be frame perfect, but you do have to use cape just as your opponent is grabbing the ledge. The window for cape teleport has a few frames. The hardest part is being in sync with the opponent itself, since the Cape isn't exactly instant.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Hmm...now that Skyler is gone, we have undercover mods on us.

Anyway, I still have the Cape Teleport replays if anyone can count frames.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
yo firemario
how long did it took to make your cape **** vid??^^

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
That video almost got my hopes up. i will keep this video in the back of my mind. What i really want to know is how to get past that freaking tornado. I throw fireball = tornado, and U-air = Tornado, I sneeze = tornado.
the FLUDD kinda helps but that is if i have time to keep refilling without getting punished by mk

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That video almost got my hopes up. i will keep this video in the back of my mind. What i really want to know is how to get past that freaking tornado. I throw fireball = tornado, and U-air = Tornado, I sneeze = tornado.
the FLUDD kinda helps but that is if i have time to keep refilling without getting punished by mk
You could just pivot grab it. Or UpB through it. Or just shield.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
You could just pivot grab it. Or UpB through it. Or just shield.
i usually do try to shield through it but sometimes it takes me out of the shield. I tried grab it but it doesnt seem to work. Maybe i should just practice my timing. Thanx for the tip by the way

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
yo firemario
how long did it took to make your cape **** vid??^^
About 2 hours. I can usually make a normal video in about 3 hours. The hardest part is writing the script and finding out what I think should be included. The Cape **** one was the easiest because I just had to cram as much info as I can.

Top Bottom